• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

- Blue bowser is in

- I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.

- I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground.

Sheik is for all of you who miss Melee. Mark my words.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
So, because of the image Zipzo and his wife provided, I'm going to try to be an Alph main.

I think that's just the coolest thing. I greatly appreciate their effort ^~^

With all the information Zipzo has brought in, my hype has increased, and I have learnt so much within two days. I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

Thanks so much.

-----------------
Oh, and concerning the final roster, we'll know them all by the second day, easily.

And we'll have a complete list of custom moves after about 3 days.

Last edited:

Noctes

Smash Cadet
Theyre gonna have the extra characters come on the disc of the Wii U version as a way to make you buy it. Then at a later date release those characetrs as DLC for the 3DS.
This is news to me. Is there a source for this statement? Or is this just how you think they're gonna do things?

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Theyre gonna have the extra characters come on the disc of the Wii U version as a way to make you buy it. Then at a later date release those characetrs as DLC for the 3DS.
If this is true I would be so happy, since I'm only getting the Wii U version. Fewer characters to have to unlock? Yes please.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
According to the leak he's a clone x2.
Technically Lucas was a clone, yet he had unique moves and a different design. You can see Pittoo's "Dark Pit Staff" in his portrait, so he is not a 1:1 clone.
This is news to me. Is there a source for this statement? Or is this just how you think they're gonna do things?
It is only speculation. There is nothing supporting this, in fact, Sakurai's statement made it clear that both versions have the same characters.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
That would only work if they weren't paid dlc. This isn't capcom. It'd be better if after both releases they announced characters rather than store some in the wii u version and have 3ds owners pay for them

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't remember that at all.
Go to team battle and watch as Mario can get a green colored palette and Luigi have red.

What I am saying is that just because one character has another's color, doesn't mean that they are disconfirmed. Sure Diddy has Dixie's colors, but it doesn't mean that Diddy has the blonde hair part. The point is that, we could or could not know if the leakers are right or not still until someone leaks the actual roster in about a week.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
- Blue bowser is in

- I'm not sure what to think of samus but her up air is a combo move it hits the opponent multiple times before letting them go. Her moveset is largely the same. To me she felt kinda clunky but that could JUST BE ME. I am not good with Samus in other games.

- I played Sheik once again to reaffirm my bold claims on her. She is downright crazy. The only move she has that does have noticeable lag is her dair kick in to the ground.

I guess Ninka/Vaanroose confirmed more? As if it wasn't all ready

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Technically Lucas was a clone, yet he had unique moves and a different design. You can see Pittoo's "Dark Pit Staff" in his portrait, so he is not a 1:1 clone.

It is only speculation. There is nothing supporting this, in fact, Sakurai's statement made it clear that both versions have the same characters.
You can give him essentially all the same attacks with it. They will at least look different, though.

Last edited:

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Man going by Zipzo's comments I might have to pick up an XL after all. Damn it. I really want to wait until the New 3DS comes out. I have been rocking my Launch 3DS and was going to upgrade to the smash edition XL for smash, Fantasy Life, Curtain Call, and Persona to name a few games. Then they decided to announce the New 3DS and that changed everything. Ugh! screw NOA for not releasing the New 3DS this holiday season worldwide.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Lucas and Wolf were deemed clones just because of their specials. They were unique characters outside of that. Hoping DP is the same, but I still hate that he's in

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sheik returning to her old glory confirmed...
I hope that Zelda doesn't get overshadowed again :(

D

Deleted member 245254

- Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.

I explored customization more.

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.

Noctes

Smash Cadet

Alright, that's what I thought as well, based on Sakurai stating previously that they wanted no exclusive characters to either version of the game, and although some characters being unlocked in one and DLC in another wouldnt be FULL exclusivity, it'd be bordering on it much closer than I would expect from Nintendo.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if it was posted here but... from masked man :

• Palutena's Autoreticle seems to target based on where the opponent is when you initiate the attack. Samus was airborn when I pressed B and the shots fired diagonally toward even though Samus was already falling. Decent distance, though.
• Samus's bombs blow up on contact with opponents regardless of time, but they still bounce when they hit the ground.
• Gonna double-check the Pokemon and Paper Mario medley tracks when I get home.
• Palutena's taunts: "come back again soon!" And "allow me to purify you" goddess I love her

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128809883&postcount=9286

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.
YES! Looks like Custom Moves may break ground in tournaments yet!

Who knows where the tiers may end up?

PartyInnaBox

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Hey Zipzo, how's Captain Falcon in this game/what alt costumes does he have?

Edit: Damn, sorry I'm so new jaysus T_T

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice

That's really weird. I would've thought the Mii's would be in the starting roster.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Sheik returning to her old glory confirmed...
I hope that Zelda doesn't get overshadowed again :(
I agree, hopefully Zelda as her own character this time (with some buffs it sounds like) will be able to stand on her own two feet, rather than being an obstacle in the way of people who just want to select Sheik more quickly.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Well, the only thing stopping customization from being legal now is balance.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

No Mii Fighters on the CSS then ?
Good news, thanks !
Well, that's a lot of information coming...

Rayhak

Smash Rookie
Guys, just to make it clear, Diddy Kong already had thay palette color in Brawl, exactly the same. Just like Mario had Wario alt since the very beginning of Smash, and even with Wario in Brawl, this didn't changed.

I'm not saying that Dixie Kong might be in for sure, but that color skin really does'nt matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom