• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

Zelda has no alt color with purple hair or something resembling what you all bring up as "Hilda".

Noctes

Smash Cadet
- Mii fighters are NOT in the starting roster even with customization on.

I explored customization more.

After you turn customization on and go to the slot to pick different moves...it takes you to a separate screen where you can pick equipment and special moves. If you click the moves button it shows your 4 current default moves.

Unfortunately there is ZERO gear and ZERO extra moves unlocked it appears so there are no choices in either case.

When you make edits, you can save a PROFILE of your customization, that you can pick from a brief quick menu that pops up after you hit start. You must hit a on the customization you want to use. It appears the selector saves to your previously used profile.
While I was thinking this would be in there from the beginning as it would just make sense, it's good to see they did in fact implement saving custom moveset profiles. Makes things very convenient.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Excellent, customization looks tournament viable! :grin:

For now I must part, thanks for all the info Zipzo and Mrs. Zipzo!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Well, the only thing stopping customization from being legal now is balance.
Balance is relative though, so hopefully customization won't be cut down too soon. If anything, customization could facilitate balance by possibly making "weaker" characters more viable.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Zelda has no alt color with purple hair or something resembling what you all bring up as "Hilda".
Well, that's unfortunate. I was hoping for a Hilda alt.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Just to clarify, are custom moves unlockables or are all 12 variants available from the start? The last post made this confusing to me.

Last edited:

SnuggleBubbler

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnuggleBubbler
To Zipzo & his awesome wife:

You two are doing God's work here, keeping my hype train rolling on through, thank you very much.

And I know I'm a little late on this, but holy hell that Alph alt is fresh

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Does Mario have his flying colors from Super Mario Galaxy?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Custom moves seem to not be unlocked at the start of the game. At least none of them are available in the build they're playing.
If custom move profiles was a +1 for tournaments, having custom moves all unlockables is a -3 for tournament viability. (for wii u version, anyway)

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Just to clarify, are custom moves unlockables or are all 12 variants available from the start? The last post made this confusing to me.
Custom moves have to be unlocked, looks like you can get them during Classic Mode or Smash Run, I wonder if they can even be unlocked just by VS Mode?

How do custom moves being unlockable automatically make them -3 for tournaments? You have to unlock the characters for the game, doesn't make them -1 for anything.

Last edited:

Une

Smash Apprentice
Now I really hope that Issac is in so he could have Matthew as an alt and Ray-MKIII so he could have a 01 alt. Would have been cool if Sakurai threw Brittany in as well but I guess that is overkill. Really sucks that Sakurai added 8 wire frame mac costumes but did not add the remaining 4 Yoshi's. White, Orange, Brown, and the last I forget.
Wwhhaaatttttt?????? You want Issac to have MATTHEW as an alt if he is in the game? They look pretty much IDENTICAL. In-game they have the same personality, same stats, same psynergy, etc. WTF? Matthew IS Issac just slightly different with a more modern artstyle!

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Um I think if that's towards Zipzo, that's not allowed..BUT I think there will be an AMA soon! Keep your questions in mind for later :)

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Custom moves seem to not be unlocked at the start of the game. At least none of them are available in the build they're playing.
I believe there are none to start with at the beginning but that's my guess

I know for a fact they are unlockable in smash run.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I find it shocking that Zelda has 0 costumes when she has so many different appearances in the series while Link has 2 and looks the same through most of the series lol. I am not even mad though, her new black color remake is 10/10.

gamer8

Smash Lord
From the AMA: @Japsy posted this:

All characters have 8, so using other Smash games as a reference...
1. Default Mario
2. Blue Mario
3. Wario Mario
4. Fire Mario
5. The weird dark-grey/black-ish Mario that's been in every Smash
6. Green/Brown Mario
7. NEW: Blue/Pink Mario (known since e3)
8. NEW: NES Golf "American" Mario
So there you go, probably wont be getting any more

Red Star Mario would have been great though, it was on my wishlist of alts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom