• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
- there is actually a few pieces of equipment to mess with strangely, but I can confirm that the extra special moves are arimasendesu.
for those who don't know japanese, it means it aint there

Edit dammit mods why do you censor *** the short form of japanese (can I bypass censor for this :/)

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, Villager pulls out a Fossil during hie victory animation? But we saw him Catch a beetle Before. Does that mean... characters DO have more than one victory animation afterall? O.O

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
First of all, I must thank you Zipzo, for giving us all this information. It's wonderful to get a sneak peak into what we can expect in the upcoming release.

I remember you covered Charizard previously, however, I don't believe Down-B was covered. In Brawl, this was set to "Pokémon Change", and in Project M, they gave Charizard a sort of Super Jump, which I feel should be called "Fly". With the Side Special now being "Flare Blitz", does that mean his previous "Rock Smash" has moved to Down-B, or does Down-B have a brand new move?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Don't see why equipment wouldn't be considered all the same as custom specials would be. It doesn't just buff the characters it also adds a minus in some area. This meta could be almost impossible to define on a per character basis with equipment and custom moves. You can have like 10 completely different sonics with different attributes/moves. The variety makes my head explode.
48+ characters. 4 customizable moves. Dozens of customizable stat builds. Smash just went pokemon.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I suggested we ignore unlocking custom moves for the current argument of the length of time it takes to unlock things, because we do not in fact know if they actually will be banned. Not at all the same as "we should ban custom moves". I want custom moves to be legal. None of them look unbalanced to me so far.

I agree with you, but you're seriously misunderstanding my argument here.
Also to quote M2K on his stream
He said that we cannot know if it's broken or whatnot if we don't legalise it first. If it's broken (same with stages) we can ban them later
tldr we should legalise custom moves (not equipment) at least for the beginning

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
First of all, I must thank you Zipzo, for giving us all this information. It's wonderful to get a sneak peak into what we can expect in the upcoming release.

I remember you covered Charizard previously, however, I don't believe Down-B was covered. In Brawl, this was set to "Pokémon Change", and in Project M, they gave Charizard a sort of Super Jump, which I feel should be called "Fly". With the Side Special now being "Flare Blitz", does that mean his previous "Rock Smash" has moved to Down-B, or does Down-B have a brand new move?
Rock smash is indeed down b

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh wow. That's the first time I've double-posted. Thankfully my question was answered.

Thank you. I wasn't a huge fan of Rock Smash, but at least he doesn't have a completely useless move down there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
- This won't sound good initially to luigi fans but I did not have fun playing as him. He's really floaty and felt slow, wasn't a fan. Didn't go indepth on his moves much during my match with him as I was too busy being annoyed by my lack of ability to like him.

Mario seems much faster than him.bi probably just can't tap in to luigis meta, maybe he's stronger than Mario as a trade? His hand like fsmash seemed to have a range nerf.
That's normal, Luigi tends to be floaty to the point it becomes annoying for some people, and doesn't matter if he got nerfs.... he can crush the enemies using the Death Stare :p

And again thanks to you and your wife for all this info!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So, Villager pulls out a Fossil during hie victory animation? But we saw him Catch a beetle Before. Does that mean... characters DO have more than one victory animation afterall? O.O
There was only one victory animation in the earlier demos for whatever reason. In the final build, there will be more victory poses. They always had more, after all.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The fossils of his victims?
Best thing I've ever read.

There was only one victory animation in the earlier demos for whatever reason. In the final build, there will be more victory poses. They always had more, after all.
I know they've Always had Three, but I was afraid the fancier ones seen meant they only have one each now. :p Will be happy if they have Three once more.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ok, so I wonder if Palutena's warp leaves her in helpless state or not ... has this been addressed?

If not, when can we expect the next batch of information/Q&A session?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Really? If true then that's pretty cool.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
THE KILLAGER! Seriously that recovery from what Zipzo said, it's way to overpowered
Ok, so I wonder if Palutena's warp leaves her in helpless state or not ... has this been addressed?

If not, when can we expect the next batch of information/Q&A session?
Q&A I assume would be right after the event which ends at 7 PM Japan Time today so in about an hour

Last edited:

Joe Yale

Smash Rookie
No... orange... yoshi...
i'm glad there is at least one other person who respects the orange yoshi.

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere yet, but can anyone confirm Bowser having the white/gold skin again? And if possible, what Bowser's other alts are.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What are you talking about? They are just ordinary fossils.
THE KILLAGER! Seriously that recovery from what Zipzo said, it's way to overpowered

Q&A I assume would be right after the event which ends at 7 PM Japan Time today so in about an hour
Maybe, so next time you see Villger floating, shoot him or her down.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Zipzo, was there no Mii creation/customization in any of the menus? I really need this info if you can give it to me :3.

Thanks for everything you are doing.

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Zipzo, was there no Mii creation/customization in any of the menus? I really need this info if you can give it to me :3.

Thanks for everything you are doing.
No Mii he said this like 20 minutes ago.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm used to playing floaty characters, so Luigi will still be one of my mains most likely. I hear he has more combo abilitiy this time around, so that's great.

Also, I can't believe there are this many people so concerned about alt colors and costumes. It's baffling to me. I can understand people getting excited to see something like FD Link, but I don't see the huge deal. Stuff like this can be discovered almost immediately come release of the game.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I'm still trying to figure out what orange marth even represents.
Same. I mean why Orange Marth other than how good orange looks on the armor in HD

EDIT: DONT LOOJ UP ORANE MARTH ON GOOGLE WHAT WVER YOU DO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom