• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm curious to know if you can notice any increase in hitstun at higher %s. Someone was saying that hitstun goes up as you take more damage, so it would be nice to know if you can notice anything like that happening.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
are you not allowed to film the demo footage? why is there only 1 video of the event? :/

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Damn it Wolf's chances are looking grim now, so disappointing that Dr. Mario was more important to Sakurai as a clone than Wolf was, oh well. It was an unfortunate expectation of mine to probably see a Star Fox character cut and it looks like it may have happened despite him being the most unique of the three.

That said man does the gameplay footage of the game look really, really nice. It just looks so smooth and on the big TV looks great, makes me wish I could play Smash 3DS on the big screen as well. Shame that Pac-Man may not be that great, but I'll have to play him to decide that for myself, and if Robin plays as well as people say then my already huge hype for Robin shot through the roof. A lot of great news coming out of this demo and we got one week til we know just about everything, the hype train is about to finally reach its destination.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
@Zipzo, can you confirm if Meta Knight's aerials are laggy or not, and if he has a Dark Meta Knight costume and Galactia Knight costume like some people have been asking? It would be very much appreciated, thanks.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
From the video footage (a.pomf.se/dgthdo.webm) it looks like Falcon's Up Special does have a bit of directional control. It also lets him ledge snap from a pretty significant distance, at least on the Find Mii stage.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
So megaman doesn't get a helmet-less or protoman costume
but they found time to give little mac 4 different skins that aren't just color variants?
If they were gonna dangle costumes in my face they could have at least spread it out across the roster instead of giving characters 2-4 alts and some none.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So like, is there a thread that showcases all of the new alt costumes and such discovered?
So Lil Mac has 16 alts?
Whatabout his hoodie alt? Are there different colored hoodies?

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
You know, it's still amazing how many Guests we still have on here.
That's the power of Reddit, my friend.

I'm extremely hyped to see this stuff in action. Robin and Shulk are sounding powerful, but I'm kind of bummed out about Marth being nerfed more... Maybe Lucina will be better. Still holding out for Little Mac and Mega Man, but these characters are all seeming quite powerful in the right hands...

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
All characters have 8 variations be it color pallet or skin swap.
So the alts he has eat a space from his 8 different variations.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I know Zipzo's sleeping right now, but I'm surprised there are no answers to these yet, so if anyone knows then feel free.

How exactly does Robin's Thunder work? Is it identical to Samus's charged shot? (ie: reverts back to the weakest Thunder after using Thoron). Or does it stay charged as Thoron until the tome breaks?

Also, does Pits arrows travel any faster when it is fully charged? Every single Pit footage shown at E3/SDCC never charged his arrows, which is frustrating.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
@Zipzo, can you confirm if Meta Knight's aerials are laggy or not (and overall moves and how they felt), and if he has a Dark Meta Knight costume and Galactia Knight costume like some people have been asking? It would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well....this is quite a lot to take in.
So basically Zipzo played the demo and informed us on everything he found. Is he going to gather more info, or is this it till release?

Staarih

Smash Master
Well....this is quite a lot to take in.
So basically Zipzo played the demo and informed us on everything he found. Is he going to gather more info, or is this it till release?
Apparently he's going to the event again tomorrow and will answer more questions then.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@ Swedish_Otaku Swedish_Otaku I'm confused. Why did you quote that part of my post?

Also, I'm seeing that there are a lot of missed chances as far as alternate costumes. Quite a shame really.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
1. One thing that caught my attention was an Advance Wars assist trophy. The little 16 bit advance war sprites come out and march at your enemy with the tanks and stuff. It's funny.
That one is in Brawl.

The only thing I'm a little miffed about are blast zones being a bit too big. This leads to characters surviving at rather high %s, leading to matches lasting maybe longer than they should.
I don't understand how that is a bad things, for me that's a good thing.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So megaman doesn't get a helmet-less or protoman costume
but they found time to give little mac 4 different skins that aren't just color variants?
If they were gonna dangle costumes in my face they could have at least spread it out across the roster instead of giving characters 2-4 alts and some none.
I am calling it Sakurai bias. The only reason Little Mac have 16 different alts is because Sakurai worked in Punc-no, wait, he didn't.

I don't get why some characters get alts and others don't, but I think it is no use complaining

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So wait, I heard that Meta Knight has a Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight costumes....is this true? I didn't see it on the summary thread....

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to see some Falcon footage, he definitely seems interesting from what I've heard so far.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I am calling it Sakurai bias. The only reason Little Mac have 16 different alts is because Sakurai worked in Punc-no, wait, he didn't.

I don't get why some characters get alts and others don't, but I think it is no use complaining
Hope you weren't insinuating I'm calling bias when I'm not.
Whatever the case, you have characters with multiple alts and character with none.
I've never had problems with it in the past. When you promote it like its a new feature everyone will be included in and only have a small portion of the roster receive it, expect disappointment.
Then throwing salt on the wound, giving some more than 1 alt, that is where I show frustration.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do we have any idea on how different the costumes are between little mac and wire frame? He might just have 8 costumes that are the same for both models, and wouldn't be hard to transfer.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I don't know if it's been discussed or addressed, so somebody just let me know and/or forward me to an answer if it has been.

Any information about the Find Mii stage? Specifically regarding the Dark Emperor? I hope its behavior and its related mechanics are explored. It would give us further insight as to how Sakurai is handling "boss characters" other than Yellow Devil. That is, if Dark Emperor is similar to Yellow Devil.

So yeah, putting this out now (since I couldn't because they decided to close the AMA topic just when I had a relevant question to ask...~__~) so that it can be seen, discussed, and have attention drawn to it for future research.

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but this is a rather large thread. Are Mr. L and Dark Bowser alts? And is this the final build of the game with all alts final or is it just a demo with not everything there? Also is the Paper Mario stage playable and what sections does it have? (Praying for Super Paper Mario section)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
it just accrued to me

bowser jr alts are the other kooplings right?

and little mac has 16 alts

woulden't that mean bowser jr might get a shoot the moon size of 64 pattette swaps (8 for each koopling)

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to imagine any alts from the game would be removed after this, given that it's certainly shipped by now. So if a character has eight alts identified, then unless they get extras like Little Mac (or Wario), that should be it.

it just accrued to me

bowser jr alts are the other kooplings right?

and little mac has 16 alts

woulden't that mean bowser jr might get a shoot the moon size of 64 pattette swaps (8 for each koopling)
No. Olimar is split in half, four for him and four for Alph. Bowser Jr. might have 16, but not more than that.

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but this is a rather large thread. Are Mr. L and Dark Bowser alts? And is this the final build of the game with all alts final or is it just a demo with not everything there? Also is the Paper Mario stage playable and what sections does it have? (Praying for Super Paper Mario section)
It's definitely a demo, as some characters didn't have 8 costumes, but Sakurai already confirmed that characters will have +8.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I must know - Does Marth still suck? Or did they fix him?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
So, could some alts still be missing?

Am I miss counting? But it sounded like Toon Link didn't have 8. He had:

G, Bl, Red, Viol, Throwback, and Dark.

What were the other two?

This mean not all costumes are set?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom