• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm cheesing about the fact that Reset Bomb Forest is happening. I wished for this stage in Smash 4 and then it happens. Reset Bomb Forest's theme has to be my most favorite soundtrack in the whole game of Uprising.

I'm also hoping there's a stage featuring the Aurum Army and Thunder Cloud Temple. Phosphora would be a nice stage hazard :3

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm cheesing about the fact that Reset Bomb Forest is happening. I wished for this stage in Smash 4 and then it happens. Reset Bomb Forest's theme has to be my most favorite soundtrack in the whole game of Uprising.

I'm also hoping there's a stage featuring the Aurum Army and Thunder Cloud Temple. Phosphora would be a nice stage hazard :3
The more thought I give it, the more I think I'll enjoy this stage. But I do have a simple objection---logic dictates that we won't be seeing a Thunder Cloud Temple stage. We already have this stage centered around the Forces of Nature----it seems odd that two stages will be drawn from the same arc. Don't get me wrong... Thunder Cloud Temple is a memorable area and the place in the game with my favorite music... But I just don't see it and Reset Bomb Forest happening.

I'm still holding out for Pandora's Labyrynth of Deceit. I have to keep the dream alive.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
The more thought I give it, the more I think I'll enjoy this stage. But I do have a simple objection---logic dictates that we won't be seeing a Thunder Cloud Temple stage. We already have this stage centered around the Forces of Nature----it seems odd that two stages will be drawn from the same arc. Don't get me wrong... Thunder Cloud Temple is a memorable area and the place in the game with my favorite music... But I just don't see it and Reset Bomb Forest happening.

I'm still holding out for Pandora's Labyrynth of Deceit. I have to keep the dream alive.

Don't forget DLC. This is the Wii U and 3DS we're talking about. And if things go well in terms of Nintendo going the extra mile and selling Stage Packs or what have you, we could see it happening. But otherwise you have a point. I think something like Lylat Cruise where instead it takes you to various parts of Uprising- Aurum Army, Thunder Cloud Temple and even Pandora's Labrynth of Deceit. Hell, a stage based on Pandora would pretty much be a nice way to take us through various chapters considering that part of the game took us to "That First Town" that was false.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Guys, what if some stages on the 3DS had platforms like Brawl's Rumble Falls. You know, the platforms that move in and out repeatedly where you have to time it right to step on them. Wouldn't it be amazing to playing a stage like that in 3D?

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I think this (very unorrigional) idea is good: a 3DS for 3DS version and a Wii U for the Wii U version :awesome:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I think this (very unorrigional) idea is good: a 3DS for 3DS version and a Wii U for the Wii U version :awesome:
If they did that, I hope they could do something like the 3DS in Smash Flash 2. With all the crazy stuff happening. Especially the tetris one.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The only bad part about a stage like the 3DS on flash, would be that it will most likely be competitively banned.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
So you think we'll get Mother 3 stages for the 3DS and Earthbound stages for the Wii U?

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
I'm just thinking about how the new Luigi's Mansion stage will be, haven't played Dark Moon yet, but since there's supposed to be multiple mansions now, what kind of mansion is going to be a stage is a big question. Also, it would be unfair to leave the WiiU without a stage like that, so I wonder if there's algo going to be a mansion for the WiiU.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
It really could work the other way around as well.
NNOOOO, I WANT THE 3DS!

I could see it going the other way around, but I see so much potential for the 3DS stage, and I'd love it to be 3DS exclusive. I mean, it could randomly close shut (it will warn you before doing it), and then reopen. The Wii U, I don't see doing much though. Maybe it will just be a Wii U on a table/desk/surfboard.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm just thinking about how the new Luigi's Mansion stage will be, haven't played Dark Moon yet, but since there's supposed to be multiple mansions now, what kind of mansion is going to be a stage is a big question. Also, it would be unfair to leave the WiiU without a stage like that, so I wonder if there's algo going to be a mansion for the WiiU.

I don't remember the name, but the clock themed mansion would be brilliant. That happens to be my favorite in the game due to it's creativity and uniqueness.

I'm also hoping for a stage based off of the Mario & Luigi series as well as Paper Mario (and Paper Mario himself).

Here's my wishlist for stages-

Katrina from Star Fox 3D
That First Town from Kid Icarus Uprising
Dragon Spiral Tower from Pokemon B/W
Goldenrod City from Pokemon HG/SS
Neo Bowser City from Mario Kart 7
Pushmo Park from Pushmo
Cinchville from Dillon's Rolling Western
A stage from HarmoKnight
Decalburg from Paper Mario Sticker Star
Stage from Advance Wars series
Stage from Golden Sun series
Candy Constellation from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Star City from Diddy Kong Racing
Wuhu Island Tour from Pilotwings Resort (stage takes you to different locations like Isle Delfino)

Could list more, but I'll stop there :3

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Candy Constellation from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Wouldn't that just be great!?. The soundtrack, oh dear memories, that soundtrack.

I didn't really post a wishlist earlier, so I'm gonna do it now.

Sector 5 - Metroid Fusion (It would be an icy stage that doesn' belong to the Ice Climbers. Could have Nightmare X as a stage hazard, altering gravity like in spear pillar)
Boss Chamber - Metroid Prime Hunters (I didn't know how to name it. It's the chamber where the octoliths are being guarded. Would be a cool BG, and Cretaphid and/or Slench could be Stage hazards)
Minish Village - TLoZ: Minish Cap (Great BGM, and I think from a bottom view the Village should look Incredible)
Holodrum/Labrynna - TLoZ: Oracle of (I'd rather a Holodrum one with season changes, but a Labrynna one would also be pretty great)

That would be all. Every other Stage I could think of has already been listed. Also, this 4 would be the ones I'd die for.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Wouldn't that just be great!?. The soundtrack, oh dear memories, that soundtrack.

I didn't really post a wishlist earlier, so I'm gonna do it now.

Sector 5 - Metroid Fusion (It would be an icy stage that doesn' belong to the Ice Climbers. Could have Nightmare X as a stage hazard, altering gravity like in spear pillar)
Boss Chamber - Metroid Prime Hunters (I didn't know how to name it. It's the chamber where the octoliths are being guarded. Would be a cool BG, and Cretaphid and/or Slench could be Stage hazards)
Minish Village - TLoZ: Minish Cap (Great BGM, and I think from a bottom view the Village should look Incredible)
Holodrum/Labrynna - TLoZ: Oracle of (I'd rather a Holodrum one with season changes, but a Labrynna one would also be pretty great)

That would be all. Every other Stage I could think of has already been listed. Also, this 4 would be the ones I'd die for.

Oh, I totally forgot about my two favorite Zelda games >_<;
It'd be nice to see some stages based on the handheld Zelda games. Even Link's Awakening. Of course, this is kinda a longshot considering this is Sakurai, I'd hope to see some DLC.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I totally forgot about my two favorite Zelda games >_<;
It'd be nice to see some stages based on the handheld Zelda games. Even Link's Awakening. Of course, this is kinda a longshot considering this is Sakurai, I'd hope to see some DLC.

there is a stage based off a handheld zelda

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
You mean the Game Boy Zelda games, right?

They've already revealed two Zelda stages based on handheld Zelda games...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the spirit train. But the more the merrier, no?
Oracle of Seasons/Ages even got a spotlight with the VC release. And Minish Cap is just great.

well i have to agree with you there loads of zelda stages would be awesome (im quite the zelda nut)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah, I'm mostly referring to the Gameboy Zelda games. I'm aware of the current stages of the handheld Zelda games.

I honestly find it odd they'd choose Gerudo Valley. Death Mountain or Ganon's Castle would have been better choices imo. Or even Kokiri Forest.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Just like in Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Double Dash (I think).
MK:DD was the most plain thing ever lol. I was always hoping that the thing would open up and we would be playing on a spinning CD.

Anyways, my biggest hope for a Sonic stage is that something from Sonic Colors or Sonic Heroes (I know it is a console game, but it will be so much better in 3D). This would be my song request for this stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlCArsA_yMY
Aw man, now I gotta find my Sonic Advance 3 game.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Last night we got a gerudo valley with the bridge out.
This means the gerudo valley has hazards. The bridge in it was up in previous pics. Maybe it is like new pork where if you hit it enough it breaks.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Gerudo has hazards?

Banned :l

(not that I want it to).
It could be where you hit the bridge out yourself. And the fire could be a backround. Just trying to keep my hopes up

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
For Pokemon, I want to see Goldenrod City from HGSS or even Pallet Town GB/Black&White style. Like how that new Pilotwings stage is :3

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I'm kind of late but yea the Gerudo Valley has Stage Hazards it was on the website with Fire and I saw the bridge broken and Link Jumping so idk what the stage hazard would be but I hope it's a cool one!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm kind of late but yea the Gerudo Valley has Stage Hazards it was on the website with Fire and I saw the bridge broken and Link Jumping so idk what the stage hazard would be but I hope it's a cool one!

The stage is like a spiritual successor to Bridge of Eldin :p

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
The stage is like a spiritual successor to Bridge of Eldin :p
I know right xD that Twilight Portal just takes the bridge but I always seem to fall in somehow ): I hope the same won't happen in Gerudo Valley! But I'm hyped for that stage :roll: and if I for some odd reason keep falling in and killing myself when the bridge is gone I'm gonna scream......................... :link2: <--- I keep falling because of Link ): and he's my favorite character too!

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/features/2034386/super_smash_bros_sakurai_speaks.html :urg:

Honestly, looking at what Sakurai about the 3DS stages... I'm actually glad I'm investing in the Wii U instead. Now, hear me out on this. I know it's not Sakurai's fault that the 3DS screen is so small that he has to compensate with smaller stages, and that the graphics are not as up-to-par, but considering the Wii U grand scale, I'd feel cheated to be stuck with an obviously lesser variation of Smash on a handheld.

First off, I'm pretty disappointed in what stages and music the handhelds are going to have to offer in comparison. The Wii U will have legendary console games to influence them, like Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, and others, as well as established series like Metroid and Pikmin. What is the 3DS going to have in place of this? Fire Emblem? With the exception of Mario and Pokemon, I'm not even remotely excited at what the 3DS will offer as exclusive stages, because quite frankly, all the good stuff will be on the Wii U. I know Sakurai has a long list of history of handheld Gameboy games he can look back into, but are they really as rich and diverse in both music and potential stage statuses as, let's say, the GameCube or Wii? I don't want to only have tiny stages where you can barely see them, as well as underwhelming music (although Pokemone will be awesome, as usual). :facepalm:

Secondly, it's fairly obvious Sakurai and the development team are barely considering the 3DS in comparison to the Wii U. When you go on the website, what screenshots do you usually get? Wii U. What are the only screenshots we get of Villager and WFT? Wii U. What console sponsored the most? Wii U. Hell, so far, Animal Crossing only got a stage on the Wii U... despite New Leaf coming out recently on the 3DS! Seriously, it feels like the 3DS will be poor in comparison to the Wii U.

Finally, the technical limitations of the 3DS will severely limit the scope and range of Sakurai's vision for Smash. The Wii U, for instance, will get even more bigger stages than ever before, and it won't have smaller screens to compensate for gameplay. The 3DS, however. It's not only stuck with ridiculously smaller stages because of its ridiculously smaller screens, but also looking at smaller characters in the game is unsettling. I know, I know... Sakurai has put black outlines over the characters, but it still feels cheap. There are other problems as well, like the analog stick, but that's for another thread.

Look, this isn't a 3DS-basing tirade, not even close. I like the 3DS personally, I'm just expressing my disappointment and anger over how I feel about what the 3DS has gotten so far. Again, I have NO problem with the 3DS. I'm just worried for its potential being greatly limited. It could get better, but i'm not so confident. :urg:

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/features/2034386/super_smash_bros_sakurai_speaks.html :urg:

Honestly, looking at what Sakurai about the 3DS stages... I'm actually glad I'm investing in the Wii U instead. Now, hear me out on this. I know it's not Sakurai's fault that the 3DS screen is so small that he has to compensate with smaller stages, and that the graphics are not as up-to-par, but considering the Wii U grand scale, I'd feel cheated to be stuck with an obviously lesser variation of Smash on a handheld.

First off, I'm pretty disappointed in what stages and music the handhelds are going to have to offer in comparison. The Wii U will have legendary console games to influence them, like Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy, and others, as well as established series like Metroid and Pikmin. What is the 3DS going to have in place of this? Fire Emblem? With the exception of Mario and Pokemon, I'm not even remotely excited at what the 3DS will offer as exclusive stages, because quite frankly, all the good stuff will be on the Wii U. I know Sakurai has a long list of history of handheld Gameboy games he can look back into, but are they really as rich and diverse in both music and potential stage statuses as, let's say, the GameCube or Wii? I don't want to only have tiny stages where you can barely see them, as well as underwhelming music (although Pokemone will be awesome, as usual). :facepalm:

Secondly, it's fairly obvious Sakurai and the development team are barely considering the 3DS in comparison to the Wii U. When you go on the website, what screenshots do you usually get? Wii U. What are the only screenshots we get of Villager and WFT? Wii U. What console sponsored the most? Wii U. Hell, so far, Animal Crossing only got a stage on the Wii U... despite New Leaf coming out recently on the 3DS! Seriously, it feels like the 3DS will be poor in comparison to the Wii U.

Finally, the technical limitations of the 3DS will severely limit the scope and range of Sakurai's vision for Smash. The Wii U, for instance, will get even more bigger stages than ever before, and it won't have smaller screens to compensate for gameplay. The 3DS, however. It's not only stuck with ridiculously smaller stages because of its ridiculously smaller screens, but also looking at smaller characters in the game is unsettling. I know, I know... Sakurai has put black outlines over the characters, but it still feels cheap. There are other problems as well, like the analog stick, but that's for another thread.

Look, this isn't a 3DS-basing tirade, not even close. I like the 3DS personally, I'm just expressing my disappointment and anger over how I feel about what the 3DS has gotten so far. Again, I have NO problem with the 3DS. I'm just worried for its potential being greatly limited. It could get better, but i'm not so confident. :urg:
I think the music will be fine especially Gerudo Valley music....How could you not like that song...........Limitations don't matter whatsoever it's like what almost everyone has been saying "The 3DS can hold all of Brawl's Memory" So I don't see why Limitations even still matter to some people. Again with more complaining over the Analog Stick I think it will be fine just don't mash it around and it won't break. I'm kind of mad at Sakurai for not posting any Villager and WFT trainer photos for 3DS espaecially Villager like seriously his game was on 3DS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed like in the article I want Past stages back too. I know the 3DS has a tiny screen but there's 3DS XL I don't get how that screen is even tiny in the first place. How do we know if characters will be tiny If none of us have played it WITH OUR OWN EYES. There's barely any 3DS gameplay so again we'll have to see with our own eyes. I don't mind having Small stages just let Sakurai do his best on the 3DS Version and we'll see how it works and all. I think it's mostly showing Wii U photos cause it's the Home Console one and has better graphics but seriously Sakurai needs to give the 3DS version some love at least -.- But I'm happy with all the stuff 3DS version has but he seriously needs to give it some love :/ and with Stages I don't see how not having Skyloft in the 3DS really matters. I'm sure Sakurai might put a big stage for 3DS but again we have to wait and see about that. I know the 3DS graphics aren't like Wii U but hey it looks good in my opinion but graphics have NOTHING to do with video games it's the gameplay.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Kid Icarus Uprising, the Pokemon games, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Pushmo, Dillon's rolling Western, Starfox 64 3D, the handheld Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong etc games etc etc there is plenty of source materials Sakurai can choose to make for some great stages for the 3DS version. The Handheld consoles have had many great games over the years that have yet to be represented as stages in Smash, it will have plenty of source materials for stages and music to work with. If you are worried of a tiny screen size then I'd advice you to purchase the 3DS XL.

I believe the reason we get more Wii U screenshots isn't because of bias for the Wii U version, but because Sakurai uploads these screenshots on Miiverse first in the Super Smash Bros section, so obviously most of the people who get to see those screenshots first are Wii U owners so it makes sense to advertise the Wii U version more in that. Once the 3DS gets its own Miiverse released I'm certain we will get to see more 3DS screenshots as well. I do agree on the lack of 3DS Villager and Wii Fit Trainer pictures though, then again, they are running a little behind on schedule on the 3DS version so I guess they aren't fully ready yet to reveal these two characters for the 3DS version at this point of time.

Oh yeah, Sakurai also said recently that the 3DS screenshots don't do the 3DS version justice as you really need to see the game itself in motion in order to appreciate it, which I can understand where he is coming from since many 3DS games really don't look as good in screenshots than that they actually are if you were actually playing them on the handheld itself. That's possibly another reason why we don't see as many 3DS screenshots, Sakurai likely feels that they don't really do the 3DS version justice. It's one of those "Seeing is believing" type of things.

Remember, bigger doesn't always equal better, New Pork City is as big of a stage as you can get and its one of the least popular stages in Brawl and its mostly because of how large it is. Besides we haven't even seen all the stages yet so we can't tell yet if there are larger stages, so far the Reset Bomb Forest looks like quite the decently big stage seeing how there is a section cut (from what I can tell). Besides, if screen size is such an issue for you then like I said, purchase the 3DS XL then. Plus we haven't even seen all these stages in motion so we can't tell how it will be like in the 3DS.

Honestly, the stages in the 3DS version look about right in terms of size, how big do you want them to be? :/

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I can be totally honest. The 3DS version will be just fine. It won't have another SSE to worry about so all this unnecessary memory hogging clutter will be gone thus there will be more space that they can use for more important things such as the game's balance and any other modes and features they can work into the game. I highly doubt Sakurai will purposely make the 3DS version an inferior game, he will most definitely pour as much energy into the 3DS version as he does for the Wii U version and push it to its very limits that the system can handle. I mean just look at what he did for Kid Icarus Uprising for crying out loud.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Kid Icarus Uprising, the Pokemon games, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Pushmo, Dillon's rolling Western, Starfox 64 3D, the handheld Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong etc games etc etc there is plenty of source materials Sakurai can choose to make for some great stages for the 3DS version. The Handheld consoles have had many great games that have yet to be represented as stages in Smash, it will have plenty of source materials for stages and music to work with. If you are worried of a tiny screen size then I'd advice you to purchase the 3DS XL.

I believe the reason we get more Wii U screenshots isn't because of bias for the Wii U version, but because Sakurai uploads these screenshots on Miiverse first in the Super Smash Bros section, so obviously most of the people who get to see those screenshots first are Wii U owners so it makes sense to advertise the Wii U version more in that. Once the 3DS gets its own Miiverse released I'm certain we will get to see more 3DS screenshots as well. I do agree on the lack of 3DS Villager and Wii Fit Trainerpictures though, then again, they are running a little behind on schedule on the 3DS version so I guess they aren't fully ready yet to reveal these two characters for the 3DS version at this point of time.

Oh yeah, Sakurai also said recently that the 3DS screenshots don't do the 3DS version justice as you really need to see the game itself in motion in order to appreciate it, which I can understand where he is coming from since many 3DS games really don't look as good in screenshots than that they actually are if you were actually playing them on the handheld itself. That's possibly another reason why we don't see as many 3DS screenshots, Sakurai likely feels that they don't really do the 3DS version justice. It's one of those "Seeing is believing" type of things.

Remember, bigger doesn't always equal better, New Pork City is as big of a stage as you can get and its one of the least popular stages in Brawl and its mostly because of how large it is. Besides we haven't even seen all the stages yet so we can't tell yet if there are larger stages, so far the Reset Bomb Forest looks like quite the decently big stage seeing how there is a section cut (from what I can tell). Besides, if screen size is such an issue for you then like I said, purchase the 3DS XL then. Plus we haven't even seen all these stages in motion so we can't tell how it will be like in the 3DS.

Honestly, the stages in the 3DS version look about right in terms of size, how big do you want them to be? :/

As for the Circle Pad, that's not really the game's fault but the handheld console itself. I don't really see the issue in it but oh well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I can be totally honest. The 3DS version will be just fine. It won't have another SSE to worry about so all this unnecessary memory hogging clutter will be gone thus there will be more space that they can use for more important things such as the game's balance and any other modes and features they can work into the game. I highly doubt Sakurai will purposely make the 3DS version an inferior game, he will most definitely pour as much energy into the 3DS version as he does for the Wii U version and push it to its very limits that the system can handle. I mean just look at Kid Icarus Uprising for crying out loud.
Totally agree with everything you said O: and yea seriously just look at Kid Icarus Uprising for crying out loud it's epic!

Top Bottom