• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Two stages, one for Paper Mario and one for Pokémon. The other two days were dedicated to Takamaru (AT) and Galaga (Item).
you forgot the tomodachi life stage and he revealed Wiley's Castle, while not exclusive, will be featured on both version.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
you forgot the tomodachi life stage
No, I did not. The Tomodachi Life stage was revealed ages ago. Sakurai just revealed more info about the stage and that was last week, not in this week.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
No, I did not. The Tomodachi Life stage was revealed ages ago. Sakurai just revealed more info about the stage and that was last week, not in this week.
it was just revealed 7 days ago much newer than you realize either way the point remains the same a lot of 3ds exclusive stages in a short amount of time

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
it was just revealed 7 days ago much newer than you realize

and regardless the point remains the same a lot of 3ds exclusive stages in a short amount of time
It was teased before, but the full stage layout (presumably) was shown much more recently.

D

Deleted member

I guess they're still missing F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid, Pikmin, and Wii Fit stages.
A F-Zero stage could be based on either Climax, Maximum Velocity, or GP Legend for GBA. A Star Fox stage could be based on Star Fox 64 3D or Command, and Metroid's stage could be based on Fusion, Metroid 2, or Zero Mission (but that's more of a remake of a home console game). Don't know about Pikmin and Wii Fit, though.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
A F-Zero stage could be based on either Climax, Maximum Velocity, or GP Legend for GBA. A Star Fox stage could be based on Star Fox 64 3D or Command, and Metroid's stage could be based on Fusion, Metroid 2, or Zero Mission (but that's more of a remake of a home console game). Don't know about Pikmin and Wii Fit, though.
I came up with similar ideas; I could see them doing a revamped Corneria for Star Fox. But it would be very awkward for Wii Fit to have a stage on the 3DS version.

Soul.

Wii Fit can have the same stage from Wii U, but I'm not sure. About Pikmin....eh, I dunno. Distant Planet from Brawl is most likely coming back.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Maybe Milotic is in the stage to advertise OR / AS in some form?
Come to think of it, if they were hoping to promote those games with Milotic's appearance they should have put Rayquaza on this stage. Would it make sense? No. Would it be very cool? Yes.

D

Deleted member

I came up with similar ideas; I could see them doing a revamped Corneria for Star Fox. But it would be very awkward for Wii Fit to have a stage on the 3DS version.
Hmm, Corneria's background could be more or less based on SF643D. It'd be like its Melee counterpart, I think. I don't know. xD
As for Wii Fit, yeah, it's kind of awkward to have a stage representing that since there are no handheld games based on rhat series.

Wii Fit can have the same stage from Wii U, but I'm not sure. About Pikmin....eh, I dunno. Distant Planet from Brawl is most likely coming back.
I think few stages could be implemented on both versions, such as Wily Castle and Boxing Ring. Since Familiar Stages are coming back, Distant Planet could be a possibility, but who knows?

Soul.

Come to think of it, if they were hoping to promote those games with Milotic's appearance they should have put Rayquaza on this stage. Would it make sense? No. Would it be very cool? Yes.
Speaking of Rayquaza, where's Groudon? Kyogre is a Poké Ball Pokémon and there's no signs of Groudon on Smash 4, apparently. It's like Dialga when Palkia got confirmed as a Poké Ball Pokémon.
I think few stages could be implemented on both versions, such as Wily Castle and Boxing Ring. Since Familiar Stages are coming back, Distant Planet could be a possibility, but who knows?
Yes, Flat Zone is guaranteed to come back, but can you really see that stage being on the 3DS version? It should at least be on the Wii U one.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Speaking of Rayquaza, where's Groudon? Kyogre is a Poké Ball Pokémon and there's no signs of Groudon on Smash 4, apparently. It's like Dialga when Palkia got confirmed as a Poké Ball Pokémon.
Maybe Sakurai just loves promoting the more feminine halves of duos.
Yes, Flat Zone is guaranteed to come back, but can you really see that stage being on the 3DS version?
Well, it's based on the original handheld system, so yes. I also very much expect PictoChat to return on the 3DS version.

Reila

I am just worried about the Metroid stage. Hopefully it is not some awful stage filled with lava again.

Frigate Orpheon is amazing, I want another stage as good as it. Hopefully from Fusion or Zero Mission. Metroid 2 in the worst case scenario.

We also need a DK stage. Jungle Japes doesn't count (or at least it shouldn't).

Soul.

Maybe Sakurai just loves promoting the more feminine halves of duos.

Well, it's based on the original handheld system, so yes. I also very much expect PictoChat to return on the 3DS version.
Yeah, PictoChat is guaranteed for Smash 3DS. Only question is, why wasn't there one for the 3DS to begin with?
They could have used the online stuff to message much easier than the Friend List.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Frigate Orpheon is amazing, I want another stage as good as it. Hopefully from Fusion or Zero Mission. Metroid 2 in the worst case scenario.
I think an almost equally worst-case scenario would be Metroid Prime: Hunters. Great game, boring and forgettable locations.
They could have used the online stuff to message much easier than the Friend List.
They may have abandoned it in favor of Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box. They ruined that, though, making it only possible to send letters locally and not over the Internet, so I feel like they would have put the same stupid restriction on PictoChat 3D and thus ruined it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I am just worried about the Metroid stage. Hopefully it is not some awful stage filled with lava again.

A Super Metroid stage would be great. Could make it based on Crateria (would arguably double as a Zero Mission stage), or set it in the Chozo Ruins or Chozodia.

Only issue I had with Orpheon was that odd ungrabbable edge and the flipping (which was more an issue others had with it, I thought it was a reasonable hazard)

Last edited:

Reila

I think an almost equally worst-case scenario would be Metroid Prime: Hunters. Great game, boring and forgettable locations.

They may have abandoned it in favor of Swapnote/Nintendo Letter Box. They ruined that, though, making it only possible to send letters locally and not over the Internet, so I feel like they would have put the same stupid restriction on PictoChat 3D and thus ruined it.
That would be an "even worst case" scenario or "please don't happen, I am begging you" scenario perhaps. I disagree about it being a great game, but I suppose this is a subject for another thread.
A Super Metroid stage would be great. Could make it based on Crateria (would arguably double as a Zero Mission stage), or set it in the Chozo Ruins or Chozodia.

Only issue I had with Orpheon was that odd ungrabbable edge and the flipping (which was more an issue others had with it, I thought it was a reasonable hazard)
It would, but the 3DS stages are mostly based on handheld games and Super Metroid isn't one. I would like a stage based on the "Ruins Test" boss in Zero Mission, I am just not sure how it would work...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swapnote was kind of clunky really. I used it everytime, but now that its SpotPass feature got disabled, I deleted it. Worst case scenario would be a Miiverse stage. :troll:

Soul.

They could have changed that already if they put it on the 3DS. It would work like messaging on Miiverse or something. Oh well.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
With a Paper Mario stage and a Pokemon BW stage, I have no doubt in my mind that the 3DS version has the best stages now. It's just too bad we'll only get two Paper Mario songs and two Pokemon Gen V songs. Any guesses on what those songs will be? Here are mine.

Paper Mario stage
Sticker Star Battle Theme
The Thousand Year Door Title Theme (or some big Paper Mario medley preferably).

N's Castle
Zekrom/Reshiram Battle Theme
Vs. N - Final Battle Theme
But man do I really want to hear a looped version of Black/White's credits and Ghetsis' battle theme.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I am holding out for a Link Between Worlds stage for 3ds with all the new games for it there are so many stages there could be but there hasn't been any new about Link Between worlds and i would hate to see it overlooked just because it was a copy.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Anybody think this stage has Counterpick potential?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8JeCZXPV2Y&list=UUOSDoiBrlgiDaovgytySB6A

If you go to 2:00 you can see that you don't swim anymore. This means it would function like a high ceiling FD style stage with only one platform (tree) and a hump in the middle. Idk if there is anything super dumb, but since we look like we are hurting for maps atm, I don't see why a map like this couldn't be used.

EDIT: Looks like it changes a lot :T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGSCFN9tvU&list=UUOSDoiBrlgiDaovgytySB6A

Still think it has potential?

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Anybody think this stage has Counterpick potential?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8JeCZXPV2Y&list=UUOSDoiBrlgiDaovgytySB6A

If you go to 2:00 you can see that you don't swim anymore. This means it would function like a high ceiling FD style stage with only one platform (tree) and a hump in the middle. Idk if there is anything super dumb, but since we look like we are hurting for maps atm, I don't see why a map like this couldn't be used.

EDIT: Looks like it changes a lot :T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGSCFN9tvU&list=UUOSDoiBrlgiDaovgytySB6A

Still think it has potential?
It was still an early build. It's possible they added swimming again later in development.

Reila

I am holding out for a Link Between Worlds stage for 3ds with all the new games for it there are so many stages there could be but there hasn't been any new about Link Between worlds and i would hate to see it overlooked just because it was a copy.
What is this you are saying about "it was a copy?" I am not confident about a LBW stage, mainly because the game is very recent, unlike OoT 3D which is out for a few years already. That said, a LBW stage showcasing the gimmicks of the game in some way, would certainly be a great addition. Yuga could be a boss on it, or at least some sort of hazard. Idk. Last but not least, his theme should play in the stage:

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
What is this you are saying about "it was a copy?" I am not confident about a LBW stage, mainly because the game is very recent, unlike OoT 3D which is out for a few years already. That said, a LBW stage showcasing the gimmicks of the game in some way, would certainly be a great addition. Yuga could be a boss on it, or at least some sort of hazard. Idk. Last but not least, his theme should play in the stage:

by copy i meant people say it wasn't a full game because it was just a new version of A Link to the past. It didn't seem to get alot of love in my opinion like other zelda games.

Reila

by copy i meant people say it wasn't a full game because it was just a new version of A Link to the past. It didn't seem to get alot of love in my opinion like other zelda games.
There was some negativity before the release, but believe me when I tell you that LBW is currently regarded as one of the best Zelda games.

A shame Skyward Sword didn't get the same reception. Oh well...

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
There was some negativity before the release, but believe me when I tell you that LBW is currently regarded as one of the best Zelda games.

A shame Skyward Sword didn't get the same reception. Oh well...
I loved Skyward sword i thought it was the other way around

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I just wanna go on record and say that I love almost all of the 3DS stages. Gerudo Valley is probably my favorite stage out of all of them right now (including the Wii U stages), and I'm really excited to see more of N's Castle.

DatSmasher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0903-2784-5063
I gave up on Smash 3DS after watching the trailer. Then I remembered that they all got FD variants. Thank you Sakurai.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
there very different
Yes i know that but alot of people i know have put it on the same scale as wind waker hd to regular wind waker and just a copy with better graphics even though if you play the game they are completely different.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes i know that but alot of people i know have put it on the same scale as wind waker hd to regular wind waker and just a copy with better graphics even though if you play the game they are completely different.
well thats just ridicules it not the same thing at all

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Arena Ferox is currently my favorite stage on the 3DS at the moment. I like 3D Land, Gerudo Valley and Pac-Maze too though.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sucks knowing green hill was back because sonic ain't getting a new 3ds stage.
I would of recommend something like tropical resort or planet wisp.

Anyways, hoping green hill gets 2 awesome remix, one for green hill and maybe angel island, but not the brawl remix hopefully.
I have a feeling sakurai will mention it this week on Miiverse since he's on a roll of showing off stages.

You guys think we need more Mario stages? Maybe dark moon or Dream team?

Last edited:

Reila

Kinda sucks knowing green hill was back because sonic ain't getting a new 3ds stage.
I would of recommend something like tropical resort or planet wisp.

Anyways, hoping green hill gets 2 awesome remix, one for green hill and maybe angel island, but not the brawl remix hopefully.
I have a feeling sakurai will mention it this week on Miiverse since he's on a roll of showing off stages.

You guys think we need more Mario stages? Maybe dark moon or Dream team?
We don't know if Green Hill is the only Sonic stage in the game yet. I think it is, but who knows. Dark Moon is not a Mario game, by the way. I was actually wondering if they would just port Brawl's Luigi's Mansion stage to Smash 3DS or make a new based on Dark Moon. Hopefully the later.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We don't know if Green Hill is the only Sonic stage in the game yet. I think it is, but who knows. Dark Moon is not a Mario game, by the way. I was actually wondering if they would just port Brawl's Luigi's Mansion stage to Smash 3DS or make a new based on Dark Moon. Hopefully the later.
It could be that we would get Brawl Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U version and receive a brand new Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon stage for the 3DS version.

Also I think he meant Mario stage as in
Which Brawl's Luigi's Mansion and Luigi himself have.

Last edited:

Reila

Any ideas of interesting places for a stage from Dark Moon? And music? I didn't get to play it yet.

Top Bottom