• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

D

Deleted member

The fact they used Planet Wisp in Generations makes me thing it would be the most likely Colors stage to be in Smash... but then again, with GHZ in the game, I suppose Tropical Resort would be a better choice... Or Sweet Mountain... Seriously.
I played Generations, and Planet Wisp is in the game, but I haven't tried out the 3DS version, so I don't know. I mean, I think Tropical Resort would make sense since it's the first stage found in Colors, just like GHZ was to Sonic 1 (no Mariotehplumber involved). Just searched and it turns out that Tropical Resort is the Colors stage found on the 3DS version.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
If adding in Tropical Resort meant we got the Tropical Resort song, then I'm all for it. That song is all I know about Colors and it is absolutely fantastic.

D

Deleted member

If adding in Tropical Resort meant we got the Tropical Resort song, then I'm all for it. That song is all I know about Colors and it is absolutely fantastic.
Thing is, what would be the second song? I think it'd be one from handheld Sonic games, such as Rush / Rush Adventure and even Lost World's. But yeah I agree, I enjoyed Colors back in 2010. Good times.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Uh, how about a stage from one of the Master System/Game Gear games? Bridge Zone, maybe?

Or Scrap Brain Zone, perhaps?

PS: This was the first game I played in my life, back in 1995. I would love Sakurai forever if he put a stage from this game in Smash 3DS.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Uh, how about a stage from one of the Master System/Game Gear games? Bridge Zone, maybe?

Or Scrap Brain Zone, perhaps?

PS: This was the first game I played in my life, back in 1995. I would love Sakurai forever if he put a stage from this game in Smash 3DS.
Neat idea, but something tells me we won't be getting anymore Sonic stages. As it's been confirmed last week in press release screenshots that Green Hill Zone is returning to 3DS. Meaning there's 2 Sonic stages in total.

Not that he doesn't deserve more stages, but he is a third party character in a Nintendo crossover, so I feel he has less priority.

Reila

Neat idea, but something tells me we won't be getting anymore Sonic stages. As it's been confirmed last week in press release screenshots that Green Hill Zone is returning to 3DS. Meaning there's 2 Sonic stages in total.

Not that he doesn't deserve more stages, but he is a third party character in a Nintendo crossover, so I feel he has less priority.
I suggested he wouldn't get two stages for each version and then other users jumped on my throat because of that. :nifty:

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
I suggested he wouldn't get two stages for each version and then other users jumped on my throat because of that. :nifty:
I would of liked him to have an original 3DS stage, but alas, it doesn't matter.

The Tomodachi stage makes up for it.

Reila

I would of liked him to have an original 3DS stage, but alas, it doesn't matter.

The Tomodachi stage makes up for it.
So would I, but tbh, as long as DK gets a new stage, I am satisfied. Jungle Japes can't be the only 3DS DK stage, right?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So would I, but tbh, as long as DK gets a new stage, I am satisfied. Jungle Japes can't be the only 3DS DK stage, right?
I believe so with 100% confidence. After DK's return to Donkey Kong Country, there's no way Sakurai could ignore that franchise.

I just hope there's some ingenuity in the new DK stage this time, and not Jungle Japes vers. 5.01.

Last edited:

Reila

I believe so with 100% confidence. After DK's return to Donkey Kong Country, there's no way Sakurai could ignore that franchise.

I just hope there's some ingenuity in the new DK stage this time, and not Jungle Japes vers. 5.01.
Agreed. Also, hopefully the Metroid stage this time will not be another lava-themed stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Metroid stage would be based on either Fusion, the GBA remake of the original game (Zero Mission), or Metroid 2. That's my guess, I'm really bad at those games. xD

Reila

There is also Metroid Prime Hunters for the Nintendo DS, but that game is so bad, I'd rather not have a state originated from it. A Metroid 2 stage would be cool, but what I would really like is a stage based on this place in Metroid Zero Mission (spoilers of course):

Or Sector 5 from Metroid Fusion:

With Nightmare as boss/stage hazard:

D

Deleted member

There is also Metroid Prime Hunters for the Nintendo DS, but that game is so bad, I'd rather not have a state originated from it. A Metroid 2 stage would be cool, but what I would really like is a stage based on this place in Metroid Zero Mission (spoilers of course):

Or Sector 5 from Metroid Fusion:

With Nightmare as boss/stage hazard:

Hmm, I'd take Fusion. I tried out Prime Hunters and it was so bad thanks to the controls, I'm left handed and I couldn't get the controls right.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I watched the SDCC stream, and oh, do most of the 3DS stages look good. Especially Rainbow Road and Spirit Train.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i hope the paper mario stage has a "hit it or snifit" variation (or any of the game shows to be honest)

D

Deleted member

The Paper Mario stage looks great and looks like a MKU for 3DS. I don't think the reveal of such stage meant the reveal of Paper Mario as a playable character, but stuff could change. I agree though, I'd like to see more 3DS stages.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I'm assuming this is the right place to mention this but... N's Castle has just been revealed as a 3DS stage. It seems to give off a Spear Pillar vibe with the legendaries popping up in the background.

This was one of the few specific stages I wanted to see (most of my other wants for stages were simply seeing certain series be represented through a stage), so I'm happy to see it revealed. Of course, it happens to be 3DS exclusive, which while I hope to get later is not being put down as a priority.

Is it just me or does the 3DS seem to be getting the better stages overall?

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
N'S CASTLE CONFIRMED

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoA29XTHA

Pic of the day. Reshiram appears on one of the stages in the 3DS version! Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? The design of this stage is based off of the surroundings of someone's castle.

Edit: Got Greninja'd </3

Last edited:

Reila

It is not N's Castle, it is the entrance to the Unova Pokémon League. It looks really cool, but will likely be banned for being Spear Pillar 2.0.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
It is not N's Castle, it is the entrance to the Unova Pokémon League. It looks really cool, but will likely be banned for being Spear Pillar 2.0.
But Sakurai said that it was based off of the surroundings of someone's castle D: I thought that's enough to confirm that as N's Castle u_u

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Technically, it's the entrance to the champion's chamber.

Reila

But Sakurai said that it was based off of the surroundings of someone's castle D: I thought that's enough to confirm that as N's Castle u_u
I played the game twenty or so times and that place definitely isn't N's Castle.

It might eventually change to N's castle during the match, like Castle Siege in Brawl, though.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
I played the game twenty or so times and that place definitely isn't N's Castle.

It might eventually change to N's castle during the match, like Castle Siege in Brawl, though.
I cry everytime then, I need to play Black/White more

BUT WISHFUL THINKING FOR STAGE CHANGES T____T

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Guys, might it be Parfum Palace from X and Y? The Pokemon appearing there fit thematically; there are Zekrom and Reshiram statues in the gardens and a giant Milotic statue in the main entrance hall.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Guys, might it be Parfum Palace from X and Y? The Pokemon appearing there fit thematically; there are Zekrom and Reshiram statues in the gardens and a giant Milotic statue in the main entrance hall.
I think it's a reference to Parfum Palace, but the stage is definitely Unova League with possible appearance by N's Castle. The design of the stage looks more Greco-Roman than like Versaille, and Parfum Palace does not have the stairs like Unova League's entrance to the champion's chamber.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I've been hoping for quite a while now that we would get N's Castle as a stage, happy to today's update! I really hope the castle pops up out of the ground and we get to play with that gorgeous interior as a background, but even if we don't this is close enough for me to be happy. (Hope N gets a cameo on this stage, too!)

D

Deleted member

I never expected some Black and White stage or representation to pop up. I'm not that much into Pokémon, I mean, I fail at the games, but hey, that must be great for you guys. xD

3DS is getting the good stages as of lately. Nice.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
What I don't get is that Sakurai implies it's based off N's Castle, yet N's Castle absolutely dwarfed the Champion Building, but I can't see it anywhere in the shot. Maybe when he said 'Someone's' Castle, he was referring to Alder or Iris?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What I don't get is that Sakurai implies it's based off N's Castle, yet N's Castle absolutely dwarfed the Champion Building, but I can't see it anywhere in the shot. Maybe when he said 'Someone's' Castle, he was referring to Alder or Iris?
The castle will probably rise in the middle of battle.

Soul.

Well, we got a Pokémon Black and White stage. That's great. It seems like it's the next Spear Pillar, but eh. This stage is its own stage.
Now, everyone wonders why Milotic is there. Either it's because there were no other Pokémon to choose from or because Kyurem is a Poké Ball Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

Well, we got a Pokémon Black and White stage. That's great. It seems like it's the next Spear Pillar, but eh. This stage is its own stage.
Now, everyone wonders why Milotic is there. Either it's because there were no other Pokémon to choose from or because Kyurem is a Poké Ball Pokémon.
Well, variety between stages is always good. Maybe Milotic is in the stage to advertise OR / AS in some form?

Soul.

Well, variety between stages is always good. Maybe Milotic is in the stage to advertise OR / AS in some form?
Maybe, you could be right. Milotic seems out of place as other users have said, but if Kyurem is in the games as an Item (Poké Ball), the developers probably put Milotic as a random Pokémon.

Reila

Milotic is not a "random" Pokémon. Milotic being there is a nod to Parfum Palace in Kalos. Why I am saying this? Because there are status of Reshiram, Zekrom and Milotic in the said place. Of course, OR/AS coming out one month after Smash Bros (two months after, in Japan) could be another reason Milotic is featured in the new stage.

Last edited:

Soul.

Milotic is not a "random" Pokémon. Milotic is there are a nod to Parfum Palace in Kalos. Why I am saying this? Because there are status of Reshiram, Zekrom and Milotic in the said place. Of course, OR/AS coming out one month after Smash Bros (two months after, in Japan) could be another reason Milotic is featured in the new stage.
Well, that's just what the other users say, I'm really not saying Milotic is random. You're right that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire could be the reason why Milotic is there, or even the Parfum Palace in Pokémon X and Y.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I notice Sakurai reveled what like three 3DS exclusive stages in the last week or 2? A lot of attention to the 3DS version (which makes sense with it's release in Japan around the corner)

Last edited:

Reila

I notice Sakurai reveled what like three 3DS exclusive stages in a week? A lot of attention to the 3DS version (which makes sense with it's release in Japan around the corner)
Two stages, one for Paper Mario and one for Pokémon. The other two days were dedicated to Takamaru (AT) and Galaga (Item).

Top Bottom