• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 strongest moves in the game

Samus-T

Smash Lord
what do you think are the 3 strongest moves in melee?im not sure but i think its roy's charge B, bowsers fully charged fsmash, and GaW's side b(the 9).what do u think?

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
The strongest non-glitch attack in the game is 3 PK flashes, absorbed by Mr. Game & Watch's bucket, then countered by Roy, dealing 372% damage.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
1. Roy's Counter (under the right circumstances)
2. Roy's fully charged Neutral B
3. G&W's #9 Side B

Other strong ones are Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, Ganondorf's utilt, Peach's stitch-face turnip, Pichu's fully charged Side B, Ness's full-strength Neutral B, and Jigglypuff's rest, but I think the first 3 that I listed are the strongest.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
And I think the counter only does 250 damage when you counter the G+W bucket of PK flashes, I think you have to counter the countered bucket to get 372, but either way I guess it would be the strongest attack.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
most powerful attack giant melee with super mushrooms 3 fullpower PK flashes absorbed by GAW countered by roy countered by another roy remember to be double giant for this to work I don't remember the damage count though

Joe_Sumo

Smash Apprentice
does it really matter? none of these are remotly useable under any circumstances, except mabey teams with one opponent dead.

i better question is... whats the best kill move

Piks

Smash Journeyman
PSI Flash
Roy's Fully charged B
Level nine judgement

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'd have to go with Peach's dsmash for all three. I lack words to describe how much I despise that move.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
One cool thing is jumping off the edge with the Flare Blade for edge guarding. If it hits, they're dead, and as long as they don't knock you out of the air, it's easy to get back on.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
3 PK flashes relflected by Fox's Shine put into G&W's Bucket. The bucket blast is then countered by Roy

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Yeah, already posted a lot, although in different variations. I think there should just be a moratorium on countered buckets, as we all know that they are the strongest, but really situational.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
of all the practical moves (ie. ones that can be executed with one character)...

Peachs d-smash is the most powerful... its not super consistent, often time people just get hit once and get 12-17 damage, but get caught with your DI the wrong way or too close and 3 or 4 bounces inside are very possible. and that puts you between 30 and 40 damage on a move that didn't require any charging. just the other day i put 50 damage on my buddy with a single d-smash, what other move does that?

as for the other 2 probly goes to the fully charged roy b and the ganon punch but i'm not real sure

Smash Apprentice
For sheer damage, either Flare Blade, Yoshi dair(NTSC), or Peach d-smash.
For knockback:
1. Flare Blade
2. Rest
3.Judgement 9

comboking

Smash Master
…that the strongest non-glitch attack in the game is 3 PK flashes, absorbed by Mr. Game & Watch's bucket, then countered by Roy, dealing 372% damage?
2)roys counter matter which attack you do it on.
3)ganons forward smash fully charged

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
g&w bucket charged by 3 pk full charged flashes and countered by roy

g&w bucket charged by 3 pk full charged flashes, when that attack is thrown at ness while he is shielding, g&w becomes a projectile himself (maybe stronge rthan the real attack) th epoint is that g&w kills anything he hits but he always dies... unless you do some pro hyrule pinballing

g&w bucket charged by 3 pk full charged flashes and thrown at anyone normally

lain

Smash Master
this thread is ********.

strongest move in the game is TECHNICALLY roy's counter since it does like x1.5 more damage or whatever when hit by ANYTHING.

otherwise, G&W's 9 Hammer is the strongest. 1-hit KO no matter what.

end of discussion.

so many trash threads -_-

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
its defenitly not THE strongest move by definition but a cc fully charged peach downsmash does 60< %age. Therefore i consider this one of the strongest (stronger) moves of ssbm.

otg

Smash Master
Well in terms of One Hit KO's, I would suggest:

Ganon's Uptilt
Roy's Fully Charged B move
Jiggly's rest.

How could people forget the all powerful Rest? All these moves however are pretty much useless in actual combat (minus jiggly's beautiful rest combos), so I would say the Three most practical Kill moves are:

Marth's Fsmash (tip that)
Fox's Uair and Usmash (they both count as one, FOX IS TOO BEAST)
Falcon's Knee (too good)

Disagree if you want.

otg

Smash Master
Well in terms of One Hit KO's, I would suggest:

Ganon's Uptilt
Roy's Fully Charged B move
Jiggly's rest.

How could people forget the all powerful Rest? All these moves however are pretty much useless in actual combat (minus jiggly's beautiful rest combos), so I would say the Three most practical Kill moves are:

Marth's Fsmash (tip that)
Fox's Uair and Usmash (they both count as one, FOX IS TOO BEAST)
Falcon's Knee (too good)

Disagree if you want.

h3gi

Smash Rookie
I thought Pikachu's up smash was stronger than Fox's.

...Or anyone's.

Except Ganon's up smash does 52 or 54 damage, I forget, if both kicks connect, which they usually do if the opponent is above you.

To above: What about Zelda's Lightning Heel? Sure, spacing is harder than the Knee for example, but you got range and speed with the lady Fair.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Game and Watch gets 3 "Fresh PK Flashes" (Ness SD's after each)

Game and Watch uses the bucket on Roy, who counters, where another Roy would counter that Roy.

Does approximately 450%.

Top Bottom