• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 Snakes on a Dojo!

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
I belive that Snake has a new way to Recover.
The Normal Way is 1st Jump -> 2st Jump -> Recovery Attack.
But Snake looks like:
Recovery Attack -> 1st Jump -> 2st Jump
Becauce the Cyper looks like a Ballon, who flies horizontal up. Snake can controll him a little to the side, than jump away from it and do his 1st Jump and 2st Jump. That would give him much more options, but when he hangs on the cyper he is a easy target. The Cpyer also don't flies for always. After a time it could lose power and height, but Snake could still hang on it. An Other possiblity would that it simple blows up after a time =)

His grab looks like he could hold them and walk away with the hostage.

D

Deleted member

Since they refered to Snake as Snake, and not Solid Snake, I'm thinking this particular Snake is no Snake in particular at all. It could as well be Liquid Snake or that new Snake. It could even be Naked Snake or Solid Snake. Heck, they could have just called him Smash Snake.

Wait, that came out wrong. Very wrong.
XD.

Weird how they rep MGS4, isn't it? Considering how its a PS3 exclusive game! (Maybe a Wii version is in development?)

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
I belive that Snake has a new way to Recover.
The Normal Way is 1st Jump -> 2st Jump -> Recovery Attack.
But Snake looks like:
Recovery Attack -> 1st Jump -> 2st Jump
Becauce the Cyper looks like a Ballon, who flies horizontal up. Snake can controll him a little to the side, than jump away from it and do his 1st Jump and 2st Jump. That would give him much more options, but when he hangs on the cyper he is a easy target. The Cpyer also don't flies for always. After a time it could lose power and height, but Snake could still hang on it. An Other possiblity would that it simple blows up after a time =)

His grab looks like he could hold them and walk away with the hostage.
hmmm yeah his grab could be one like dks foward grab where he can move with the opponent. maybe weight will play as an issue too. which would mean he may not do this to bowser or dk

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nice update!

It throws a lot of people off because he's going to be an unlockable character, and so many people around here assumed that unlockable characters wouldn't be shown on the site!

Plus, the music is awesome. It's orchestrated, and that makes me happy.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
hmmm yeah his grab could be one like dks foward grab where he can move with the opponent. maybe weight will play as an issue too. which would mean he may not do this to bowser or dk

Yeah that is the one think i really would like to see, how he grabs Bowser, DK or Wario (Wario could easily bit in his hand with his big mouth *g*). But Snake have to have this ability ... come on its Soild ****ing Snake, it his his job to take hostage and force them to walk with him. He does this in every Metal Gear Soild =)

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow, what an awesome update!
I really enjoy how they gave us a different pose and design of Snake, very nice!
The music was marvalous as well, and the special moves update gave us plenty of info!

:) win.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Man I LOVE the music! And yes, I find it pretty odd that it's coming from MGS4, but still. This is badass. Hmm....this is the song that's been used in the MGS4 E3 trailers, is it not? Or at least the one from E3 2006?

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
i think he will be in the link and falcon weight catecory

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
heh i was expecting today to be captain falcon update, but this is just as good. plus 3 updates in 1 day is nice. hopefully we get more of those. this will definitely hold me over the weekend. cypher is awesome btw hahahaa

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I take back everything I have ever said about Snake not belonging in Brawl. Because this is going to be so awesome! One smash attack is a projectile, and another one plants a land mine? Wow. I can't wait to see how he plays with everything put together!

Also, secret character on the Dojo. I told you people! Why does nobody ever listen to me?

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
To say that the moves aren't 'tournament worthy' without even playing the game makes you look like a tool. You are, however, forgiven.

A while ago I said that Snake would be able to fly, just to piss off the Diddy fans.

And then the Cypher was shown.

WHAT NOW, MOTHER ****ERS!?!?!
ROFL at bolded.

While the Cypher stays true to the series (and who would have figured out using that as a recovery) it looks like not so special recovery, he seems preety vulnerable.

But whatever, AWESOME UPDATE I can't stop listening to the music!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
The MGS4 music is THE F***ING BEST music I have ever heard on the site (next to the Brawl main theme). THAT is the kind of music I should be hearing in Brawl, not those wimpy MIDI tracks.

Snake looks like he's got some pretty sweet moves.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The MGS4 music is THE F***ING BEST music I have ever heard on the site (next to the Brawl main theme). THAT is the kind of music I should be hearing in Brawl, not those wimpy MIDI tracks.
I think those aren't the final versions of the songs, just small demos to give you an idea of what the music is going to sound like...
I remember someone saying that it's common practice in Japan for composers to post midi demos on their sites.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I guess he'll just grab them by the head and... just sort of hold their tiny little arms (forelegs) with his other hand. Since twisting them behind their backs is kind of impossible. Well, sort of.

*grab*

"FATALITY!"

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
i think for large and small characters, i think he will do like a head lock for the grabs and i cant imagine what his other costumes colors would look like.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
someone said this, and i gotta ask it here

let's not worry about him grabbing Kirby or Pikachu, but what about Bowser? i mean those spikes will hurt and how will he be able to reach for his mouth? his arms aren't that long

Drake3

Smash Ace
That's how a previously known character update should be done! Man, it would've made the Metaknight update 100x better.

Honestly I like this update better than the Wifi one. There's so much information being revealed in this one. The music is absolutely amazing, it reminds me of a combination of Pirates and that really old movie True Lies ( I think?).

I can't believe he has a projectile for a smash attack! Brawl is changing eveeeeerything. But that's not all, he has a smash attack he can plant in the ground O_o? And probably leave there O___o?! Cypher seems to cover ALOT of vertical distance, but it looks like it'll leave him incredibly vulnerable to attacks. I've never been so happy to see Snake in Smash Bros.

Also, as for grabbing Pika, he'll probably just lift him up by the tail.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Watch out Capn' Falcon, Snake's here to break your sodomy record. Ike was only the first.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Delfino Plaza sure does have a heck of a lot of locations. We've got pictures in the main plaza, the side plaza, that island right there, on top of buildings, and presumably on top of the sun tower.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
multiple people in this thread said:
because he's going to be an unlockable character
LINKS AND PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Seriously, a link to where that was said, please. I can't find it.

Also, if he -is- unlockable, what does that mean for all the other characters that've been revealed? Are we sure that they're all starters now?

This update owns so many people in so many different ways.

Top Bottom