• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Stagelist Discussion

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I feel like that with this list. we have one too many 3 platform starters. I get that they differ in size but I think we need a little more variety for game 1. I suggest making FD a starter, switching with YS or DL. It feels weird with no FoD but oh well I can deal with that.
There's no point putting FD as a starter when we already have PS2 and Smashville, both of these stages have similar traits to FD. YS and BF might share a lot of traits but adding FD won't help with variety either.

Random Fun Fact: For Melee tourneys in Netherlands, Stadium replaced FD as a starter, FD is a CP.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I'm having some issues with the ledge in Skyworld, it has some weird auto ledge-snap properties carried over from Brawl, I've experienced something similar with KJ64 and Delfino Plaza in the previous versions of P:M, but 3.5 Skyworld seems more worse than that.

With Norfair been deemed inviable, I think Distant Planet, or even FoD should be reconsidered at the 10th in the stage list.
Idm having Skyworld at the next CW tournament, but just thinking ahead for Miles tournament. My 2c

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I'm having some issues with the ledge in Skyworld, it has some weird auto ledge-snap properties carried over from Brawl, I've experienced something similar with KJ64 and Delfino Plaza in the previous versions of P:M, but 3.5 Skyworld seems more worse than that.

With Norfair been deemed inviable, I think Distant Planet, or even FoD should be reconsidered at the 10th in the stage list.
Idm having Skyworld at the next CW tournament, but just thinking ahead for Miles tournament. My 2c
please, understand that if you're going to talk about ledge mechanics being odd on a stage you will have to provide some sort of evidence or your "2c" means nothing

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
please, understand that if you're going to talk about ledge mechanics being odd on a stage you will have to provide some sort of evidence or your "2c" means nothing
I'll attempt to recreate and capture that scenario for evidence.zip. If unsuccessful then disregard my thoughts about Skyworld.

EDIT: Have re-created scenario with 3 characters, will edit this post, and upload video within the next 24 hours.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
to clarify, is the fastfall forced? as in, you're not inputting it, it just makes you drop???

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
No it is not forced, but in intense situations it's not unlikely that you'd accidentally fastfall, because it happens after 1 frame instead of the usual 7. (It happened to me)

Splice

Smash Hero
If you're certain that it's actually removing the time where you're forced to remain on the edge, that's awesome as.
It may or may not get fixed but I think it'd be exciting to see people do interesting things with this

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
See the slow motion bit near end, or watch it in 60 FPS to see for yourself. Time spent on ledge is much shorter.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Soooooo, while this looks like autosnapping, it's actually the result of a bit of leniency that was built in to the edges of both this stage and Lylat. There's actually a tiny bit of the bottom of the stage that were changed to be wall collisions. Here's a visual for the curious[1] (green are wall collisions, red are ceilings). What's happening here is that the characters are missing the sweetspot and riding the (tiny) wall up to the ledge. If the collisions weren't the way they were, the Fox/Falcon/Ganon in the video would have just hit the ceiling and fallen to their deaths (much like Melee Battlefield or Brawl/Sm4sh Lylat).

If enough people feel this is a problem (or if it causes other oddities), it can be changed. As it stands now though, it can really only help you since the alternative is hitting the ceiling and losing a stock.
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2ooxq3/pm_3_5_skyworld_ledge_is_it_broken/cmpb7ow

Kune

Smash Rookie
Hope i'm not bumping something way too old, anyway...
We tend to use a pretty large stagelist
Since we don't do stagebans, this is a pain in my ass, our legal stage list is;
Final, BF, Lylat, PS2, PS1, Smashville, Dreamland, Distant, Draculas, Rumble, Yoshi's Melee, Yoshi's Brawl, FoD Metalcavern, WarioWare, Green Hillzone, Kongo Jungle,Norfair, Skyloft, and Skyworld

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Final, BF, Lylat, PS2, PS1, Smashville, Dreamland, Distant, Draculas, Rumble, Yoshi's Melee, Yoshi's Brawl, FoD Metalcavern, WarioWare, Green Hillzone, Kongo Jungle,Norfair, Skyloft, and Skyworld
There ya go Jamie, Straight from the Netherlands.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The only differences between the Sydney and Melbourne singles stagelists at the moment is Yoshi Story in Melbourne and Fountain of Dreams in Sydney.

As for doubles, however, in Sydney Fountain of Dreams and WarioWare are swapped out for Distant Planet and Norfair whereas in Melbourne WarioWare remains legal and Norfair is illegal. I personally think that the Sydney doubles stagelist offers better choices for doubles at this point in time though it would be further improved if Rumble Falls was legal as well in place of Green Hill Zone.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
in doubles melbourne should ban PM*

*This clause would be revoked if it meant Dreadtech could team with Armada

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Starters: FD, SV, BF, DL, PS2
CPs: DP, YI, FoD

This is what I think should be considered base. 2 bans bo3 1 ban bo5?
We could add 2 stages (NF, SW) but that might mean there are too many large stages (NF, SW, DP, DL). Do we need SW and NF?

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Those 8 stages are fine for doubles. :)

How often do you guys play on Skyworld? Sometimes people ban it against me as well which is weird.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Those 8 stages are fine for doubles. :)

How often do you guys play on Skyworld? Sometimes people ban it against me as well which is weird.
I love Skyworld in Singles but I think the stage design would create two 1v1 situations in a doubles match.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I don't think bans need to be reduced in a best of 5.
A better rule than less bans in a best of 5 would be DSR for best of 3, and modified DSR for best of 5. I think having counterpicks be a different stage in a best of 5 is a pretty weird mechanic to have in sets.
I'm pretty sure the only reason reducing counterpicks exists in Melee is because we literally don't have enough good stages to play a good best of 5, and Melee should not be leading by example in this case because as far as legal stages go it is inferior to Project M.

Top Bottom