• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/15 Tampa- FL's 1st Brawl Tourney

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
this was an interest thread. Click my sig to find the Tourney thread.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Sounds like a sweet deal it's the day after my birthday so I'm sure Lime and rest of Dunedin area would be able to make it so that's about...three...maybe four. People should really go to this it just smells like a good idea

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
We allowed to compete using wifi? xD

Edit: Assuming connection is possible. I'll definitely know before the tournament though.

slim de la crim

Smash Apprentice
thats a great idea but we ALL already know CFL is gonna be holdin a tournament. along with NFL, SWFL, and SEFL. the other regions would never come to tampa for a tournment. so if you planned on it being big, well good luck with that. but im definetly down to come. besides this might be my only tourny in march cuz im goin back to GA for spring break. but put me down!

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
If you held a Brawl tourney in Tampa I'd definitely go and probably bring a couple of friends as well.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I'd go if I had time. I had already signed up for an online tourney, but I am iffy on that. Especially since I have to work on Sunday's.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Hey Rohins. Have you played Chip yet?
I haven't yet. Although so far I've played people in Japan, VA, and people in Canada (just a little north of me, not like east coast Canada). Right now the lag is pretty unsuitable for competitive play regardless of distance. Think like a laggy TV, then just double that. Hopefully when the American version releases we'll have dedicated servers and this gets fixed.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I haven't yet. Although so far I've played people in Japan, VA, and people in Canada (just a little north of me, not like east coast Canada). Right now the lag is pretty unsuitable for competitive play regardless of distance. Think like a laggy TV, then just double that. Hopefully when the American version releases we'll have dedicated servers and this gets fixed.
I was actually talking about in Melee tournaments....

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Oh wow, I thought you were talking about Chip from FL. I've only been to one tournament here, no match vs Chip.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok, so I just moved into my new apartment last night. I took another look at the club house and it looks like a pretty good spot for a tourney. There's plenty of tables, couches, and chairs. Parking doesn't seem like it'll be an issue since there's a lot of empty spaces. Tons of food places in walking/driving distance. There's even a full blown kitchen with a bar, which is where I plan to set up for registration.

Few small drawbacks though. Mainly the fact that it's not at a LAN center or anything means that we'll need people to bring in as many set ups as possible. I've got a few TVs available between me, my roommate, my girlfriend, etc. but any help would be nice.

Also, since I'm renting the clubhouse at my apartments I'll have to have a $5 door fee to pay off the $100 rental. There will be no portion of the pot taken out though. There's also a $200 deposit which I'll get back once she see's nothing is damaged or whatnot. Which makes it essential that you guys don't make a mess. I believe I only get the place until 11:00pm as well but that shouldn't really be a problem as we'll be done by then. If not, my apartment is useable for finals.

I'll make a new thread for this soon. Just need to talk to the lanlord and such.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
if time is an issue, you could start the tourney early. Another issue does sprout with an early tournament though, some may not make the sign up deadline.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I doubt we'll run out of time seeing as how iNet can usually end by 7 or 8. We'll just have to make sure to keep it going at a nice pace. I'm most likely not going to participate so that I can ensure this. It may be too hard to resist though...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, you will likely have a bit of an advantage over some others, having owned the game so long. I still haven't even played it yet. :(

1-up

Smash Journeyman
at zero ping weve had two already. i won the first which had 20+ people and seibrick won the second which i think was round robin with like 10 people(not sure i was working). and well probably have them the next two weekends as well.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
1-up: I don't care.

How about "FL's 1st *official* US release Brawl Tourney"? or "Central FL's 1st Brawl Tourney"?

The actual name will be "Everybody Loves Manko: Season 1"

Top Bottom