• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 Doubles Finder - Wii U

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
By playing with tournament rules did you mean team attack on?

WinnerByFall

Smash Rookie
Recently I haven't been able to connect to opponents in the 2v2 lobbies. The only online gameplay that will work is 1v1. A couple months ago I experienced the same problem but then it fixed itself. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
If anyone wants to play tomorrow at around 6:30 a.m. My Nintendo network ID is "FLYINGTRTL" I will get my brother and we can play some 2v2s, we really want people to fight in 2v2s so we can get better.

Anyone on now?

Last edited:

DBK-DraKe

Smash Rookie
NNID
DrakeKkOk
Going to be doing some doubles in the next 30 minutes if anyone's interested, prep for doubles tourney.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I'm not really sure if I should be posting about this in this thread, but I was interested in creating a Skype group for dedicated competitive Doubles teams so that they would have immediate and easy access to each other. Me and my partner have noted that using Anther's Ladder or the NNID sharing thread often found us teams consisting of competitive players teaming up with their brothers/friends/girlfriends/complete strangers. In response, we wanted to create a group where we (and by extension, other competitive Doubles teams) could find other competitive Doubles teams and have some real practice together, as well as give each other critique and feedback. If you would be interested in joining, please send me a private message or reply to this post!

With that said, is anyone interested in some 2v2s? :)

Last edited:

phoenix317

Smash Rookie
NNID
phoenix317
Just a lone player looking for any friendly doubles to join. For Glory is lacking a bit and no one replies on Miiverse. (NNID: phoenix317)

Last edited:

gunzog

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm not really sure if I should be posting about this in this thread, but I was interested in creating a Skype group for dedicated competitive Doubles teams so that they would have immediate and easy access to each other. Me and my partner have noted that using Anther's Ladder or the NNID sharing thread often found us teams consisting of competitive players teaming up with their brothers/friends/girlfriends/complete strangers. In response, we wanted to create a group where we (and by extension, other competitive Doubles teams) could find other competitive Doubles teams and have some real practice together, as well as give each other critique and feedback. If you would be interested in joining, please send me a private message or reply to this post!

With that said, is anyone interested in some 2v2s? :)
Message me!!! I'm interested

gunzog

Smash Rookie
Any one down for any 2v2s? Competitive games!!! Add me And my buddy gunzog and xxmillzxx

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
+MiLLz, +Gunzog, Sorry for the laggy match. I really need to do something about my internet, sometimes it works but most of the time it is complete garbage.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Anyone wanna do some doubles? Me and my friend are trying to do some doubles matches.

Beans94

Smash Rookie
NNID
ktbeans
After a long hiatus from this board, my friend and are are back hoping to play some. We will be free anytime between after 6 PM EDT on Wednesday.

iioption

Smash Rookie
NNID
iiOption
3DS FC
3153-7130-9663
Hey guys, my NNID is iiOption. Feel free to add me--me and my brother play most nights and always want to play stock doubles!

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
add me-- "iiOption". i'll add u after work etc, would love to play doubles
I'll add you too. Me and my partner are looking for doubles matches.

@ Beans94 Beans94 Sorry for the late reply. Me and my partner can play in about thirty minutes; currently my partner is busy. I'll add you both.

EDIT: Never mind, we can both play now! Start a conversation with me or reply to this post if you'd be interested.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
If anyone need me as a partner, feel free to add me. NNID: Chase47
My mains are::4luigi:,:4mario:,:4drmario:,:4pikachu:,:4kirby:,:rosalina:

Edit: Ask me, first.

Last edited:

tnerT

Smash Rookie
NNID
tner.T
Anyone want to have a 2vs2 team attack on match. I have a partner ready to go.

tnerT

Smash Rookie
NNID
tner.T
"If you want to be added to either of these lists, just tag me in a post and I'll add you. If you are looking for a teammate and see someone on that list, don't be shy. Ask them to be your partner in crime."

I would like to be added to the team list I have a regular partner out team name is The Cooknboos. People should only need my NNID to play us my partner always joins me

verbatim

Smash Ace
I'm looking for a partner, primarily online play but I'll be attending tournaments in the future, so if someone is or is going to be attending tournaments in the midwest I would be willing to team with them in person. Characters I'm comfortable playing at a competitive are in bold, and characters that I'm especially willing to team with will be underlined. That being said, team combination isn't everything, and I'll team with anyone so long as we have relatively similar skill/time/dedication and good player chemistry.

I'm up for playing online most week days after 6:00 pm CST, and most times in general on weekends.

Ganondorf works well with fast, combo-oriented characters that can wrack up damage and set up kills for him, while getting him out of the juggling situations that have doomed him to mid/low tier in the singles metagame. Mario and Sheik are the top tier single characters that best fit this bill, but I think that a few other characters have cool tricks that might be worth exploring (not to say that they're the only people I'd be willing to work with).

Diddy Kong's Banana faired a lot better from the nerf's than the rest of his moveset, and in theory should set up a lot of kill options for Ganondorf.

Pikachu, Captain Falcon, and Sonic are some of the most mobile characters in the game, and can counted on to reset terrible situations for Ganon with their aerials, Dash Attack, and Spindash respectively.

I don't really think projectile based characters and zoners would work well, since they also suffer from a bad neutral state, but I'd be willing to at least look at any match with an okay justification, and can potentially see Pac-Man, Rosalina, or ROB working.

Pacman generally works well with characters that can kill well, however a large part of his utility in teams comes from both players having an intimidate knowledge of how the fruit's work and their character specific interactions. The HANDS DOWN BEST partner for Pacman is Villager, who can pocket the various fruits and hydrant, and who is one of the very few characters that can deal the 13% required to launch a hydrant in one hit with a tilt (dtilt). I'm cool working with whoever, but if a dedicated Villager main approaches I'm pretty much going to accept right away.

Last edited:

tnerT

Smash Rookie
NNID
tner.T
How many people would be on board with a weekly Sunday doubles tournament? It could be late night, noon, or early morning depending on demand. I would be willing to host or co-host something on challonge if we could secure a good turn out. What does everyone think?

I wasn't sure if this was the thread for this but if I get enough responses, i can move this conversation to its own thread.

Top Bottom