• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[2HOT] Hudet's Open Tourney 2

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
2HOT

Hosted by Oromis(AKA Hudet) with me as co-host.
Also looking for somebody to help with the Melee-part.

This post will be updated as time passes, just putting it up because of high demand.

Location and venue

The venue is a high-school called Sogn (Videregående Skole), not far away from a known Norwegian football stadium called Ullevål Stadium.

NOOBS (Norway's Official Offline Brawl Scene) presents 2HOT!!!
It will be located at a high school in Oslo, called sogn, in the cantina. The cantina is big enough for people to play at one side of the room and sleep on the other. I still recommend that you should bring something to make a less noisy sleep, just in case you are sensible to that stuff.
The adress is Sognsveien 80, 0855 Oslo

Map of where the school is, with travel instructions from the subway
(It isn't hard to find, just follow the road until you see a red "bridge". Just use the bridge to get across the road, and you should see a prison-like school somewhere(It's pretty big))

More details about how to get to Ullevål from the airport/Oslo S will be added later.

[COLLAPSE="See pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

We doubt the entrants-cap will be reached, but if it ever gets close, we'll give a heads up.

Schedule and fees(Not final)

Remember that all of these are not final, and might change as time goes. This is just a rough draft.

Friday
  • 2PM - Venue opens up
  • 4PM - Duelist Pro
  • 7PM - Another side event?

Saturday
  • 11AM - Doubles (Brawl + Melee)
  • 7PM - Singles Pools (Brawl + Melee)
  • Maybe a little side event if we got the time during the day.

Sunday
  • 11AM - Singles bracket (Brawl + Melee)
  • If time allows it singles - Crews (Norway vs the World?)
  • 7PM - Time to get cleaning and stuff (THROW THE TRASH INTO THE RIGHT TRASHCAN, PEOPLE. WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!)
  • 8PM - Venue closes

• Venue fee - 100 NOK if we get money support, 150 if not.(Not necessary if you're just going to spectate or play friendlies)
  • Brawl/Melee singles - 50 NOK
  • Brawl/Melee doubles - 80 NOK per team
  • Side events - 20 NOK
  • Spectator/Casual fee - 50 NOK (You can hang around in the venue, play casuals/friendlies, and sleep here. If you change your mind and actually want to attend something, you first have to pay 50 NOK extra to match the Venue fee)

1 Euro ~ 7,6 NOK

NORWAY DOES NOT ACCEPT THE EURO AND OTHER CURRENCIES, ONLY NORWEGIAN KRONER (NOK)

Rulesets:

[COLLAPSE="Universal rules"]
BYOC: Bring your own controller. It's as simple as it sounds. You can however, ask someone to bring an additional controller for you.

Double Elimination: During bracketplay, everyone will start in the winners bracket. If you lose a set, you will be send to the losers bracket, giving you a chance to redeem yourself. However, if you lose another set, you will be eliminated. During Grand Finals, the player who is coming from losers bracket has to win two sets.
This rule applies for every event, with the exception of Allbrawl(if we should decide to hold it).

Stage striking: Before every set starts, the act of stage striking must be done to determine what stage to play on during game 1. Both Melee and Brawl have five different neutral stages(listed in each respective ruleset). One side must strike 1 of the 5 stages, then the other side must strike 2 more stages. The first side must then strike one of the final two stages left. The stage that did not get striked, will be the stage that game 1 will take place on.
The player/side that strikes first is decided by a Bo3 game of rock/paper/scissors. The winner will strike first OR pick controller ports.

During doubles, one team may have port 1 and 4, or 2 and 3(Unless an agreement on something different is done by all players).

Stage banning: After game 1 is finished, the winner may announce one stage that will be banned from being counterpicked the next game. Should the set be a bo5 or higher, then the stage will be legal again during the 2nd round of stage banning(You can't ban a stage game 2, and then ban another stage game 4 and expect both to be banned. You may only have one stage ban during all times)

Advanced Slob Picks: This is how a set will be played out. After striking and playing through game 1, the winner must announce his ban. The loser will then have to pick a stage for game 2. This can be either a neutral or a counterpick stage. The winner will then have to choose a character. Then the loser of the previous match will pick a character. These steps will be repeated until somebody wins the set.
Basically: Match is played, (optional: winner bans a stage), loser picks a stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.

A sudden death will NEVER be played out, no matter the circumstances.

If sudden death occurs because of a Kirbycide or something along those lines, then the one who used the "suicidemove" will be declared the winner.

If it's simply a matter of dying at the same time(something that almost never happens), then the game will be reset on the same stage with the same characters, only with 1 stock and 3 minutes.

In the event of an timeout, a winner will be decided by going through these steps(Listed from most important to least important):
1. Checking the Ledge grab limit. If the LGL is exceeded(you can check this on the results screen), then the one who didn't exceed it wins. If nobody exceeds it, then you may ignore the LGL alltogether.
2. Stocks. The one with the most stocks wins.
3. Percentage. If stocks are tied, then percentage will decide the victorious player.
4. If nobody exceeds the lgl, and the stocks and percentage are tied, then a new game will be played out on the same stage with the same characters. 1 stock and a 3-minute timer.

Pausing rule: Man the **** up if someone pauses during a match. Just unpause and keep playing.
HOWEVER! If the pause actually effects the game(IE breaking out of a combo, failing to recover, dropping chaingrabs), then the one who paused will have to take a stock-loss.
One should try to avoid pausing during all times. If it is necessary, then ask your opponent if it's ok to pause or not.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Melee ruleset"]
  • 4 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items set to OFF and NONE
  • In doubles, team attack(friendly fire) is set to ON
Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage you won on(Unless your opponent(s) agree on it.

Stalling is banned: The act of stopping to flow of a match and making it borderline impossible for your opponent to touch you is not allowed. Failing to follow this rule will result in you losing the match by default.
Wobbling counts as stalling if you exceed the 250% mark, it is otherwise allowed.
Peach bombing is allowed if it is used as a way of recovering, but in all other cases, it's considered stalling.

Poolplay and normal sets are best out of 3.
Winners semis, losers semis, winners finals and losers finals are best out of 5.
Grand finals is best out of 7.

Neutral stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
  • Fountain of Dreams (Banned in teams due to lag)
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Rainbow Ride
  • Brinstar (Pending)
  • Corneria (Pending)
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Brawl ruleset"]
  • 3 stocks
  • 9 minute timer
  • Items set to OFF and NONE
  • In doubles, team attack(friendly fire) is set to ON
  • There is a ledgegrab limit: 35(MK and Pit), 45(Everyone else)
  • Meta knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned
Scrooging is banned: Scrooging, the act of "running away" from your opponent by going below the stage repeatedly, making it an effective stalling-method. You may only go under the stage once before having to touch the ground again(Smashville's moving platform doesn't count)

Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage you won on(Unless your opponent(s) agree on it.

Stalling is banned: The act of stopping to flow of a match and making it borderline impossible for your opponent to touch you is not allowed. Failing to follow this rule will result in you losing the match by default.
Ice Climbers' infinite chaingrab counts as stalling if you exceed the 250% mark, it is otherwise allowed.
Sonic's homing attack "stalling"(using it under the stage repeatedly) is banned unless it's used as an act of recovering.

Standing infinites are banned(DDD dthrow, Marth grab release on lucas/ness, etc).
"Stage" infinites(Infinites that are only possible because of the stage layout) and every other infinite are allowed.

Poolplay and normal sets are best out of 3.
Winners semis, losers semis, winners finals and losers finals are best out of 5.
Grand finals is either best out of 5 or 7.(Players and hosts will decide)

Neutral stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
[/COLLAPSE]

Confirmed/Interested list:

Oromis
Gagga
Gardex
Kiyo
Chiiiiiiii
CrimsonChild
Afro
OlafKING
Rarecandy
Bror
John
Magnus (?)
Marius
Andy (?)
Don Krool
CXV
Mæln
Thomas (?)
Woxen
Xuxu (?)
AI-HD
Schwa
Vurkyzo
Jebu
Cleftor
Skinutsi
-LzR-
Loota (?)
xzx
ccst
Clefable (?)
haze (?)
izaw (?)
JerkPhil (?)
Smasher89 (?)
Smashkng (?)
Richard P
SmasherGale (?)
ShadowTL
Eddy
Bloody (?)
Sodrek (?)
Locals (10 or so)

Setups:
[COLLAPSE="TVs"]
Gardex: 2
Hudet: 6
OlafKing: 1
RareCandy: 1
Bror: 1?
CrimsonChild: 2
Woxen: 0-3(Pending)
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Wiis"]
Gardex (+ Cube)
RareCandy
OlafKing
Hudet
Shadow
Eddy
Bror (?)
John (?)
Afro
CrimsonChild
Gagga(?)
Kiyo
Finland 2-3?
[/COLLAPSE]

If you got any questions, feel free to ask them. You can contact either me or Hudet via Smashboards, Allisbrawl, Skype or phone.

Hudet
AiB - Oromis
Smashboards - HeadofHudet
Skype - HeadofHudet
Phone - (+47)91531724

Gardex
AiB - Gardex
Smashboards - o hai
Skype - Asernyesz
Phone - (+47)47301031

FAQ~

"How much is the currency for NOK?"
- 7,6 NOK = 1 EUR and 1 GBP = 9.49 NOK

"Can you attend both melee and brawl like at Apex?"
- Yes, you can!

"Any SFxT/SSFIV/Project:M side events?"
- Our options for side events are many, but these three can be put if people would be up for it.

"Do you know who's hosting the melee tournaments?"
- Unless someone from the Melee scene wants to take responsibility, Gardex will be the host.

"So can you cook your own food there? I'm trying to conserve my money as much as possible."
- Smart man. I have been to the same venue three times before and school kitchen beside the cantina seemed very prohibited. McDonalds has always been the most popular, with decent good prices and enough energy to fill your stomach. There's also a burger king closeby, and a supermarket called "ICA maxi". BUT I(hudet) think I could bring my own mirowave, so people can warm up cheaper and healthier food.

"The venue is the accommodation, right? I can sleep at the venue?"
- That's right. Bring your own sleeping bags or other sleeping items and just put up a base in the PE-hall. It will be the sleeping hall during this tournament. There's plenty of space for everyone.

"Is there a shower?"
- I will get more information about that later

"Will there be a stream?"
- Pretty sure, yes. CrimsonChild will be bringing his streaming equipment, and the venue has internet. So most likely, unless something happens.

"If I'm coming, I'm going to need housing. Is this ok?"
- There are a couple of options here: Hudet is already housing a lot of people, but he still hasn't reached the max amount yet. He also lives in Oslo, so it's convenient. Another option is to get housed by me, but I live 2 hours away by train, so it would cost you about 300 NOK total(train tickets), otherwise I(or Olafking) could house you.
I haven't asked, but there have been instances of other people housing before as well, so maybe we'll get more people willing to house.

Bringing Wiis and/or TVs would be wonderful B))))))))))

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
Nice, Gardex.
This event is one tourney unlike every other tournament you have ever ventured. You will not regret taking the trip to Norway.

Vurky

k
NNID
Vurkyzo
Good stuff. 8) Trying to get more Finns to this. Getting my flight tickets this week if everything goes up to plan.

Edit: Confirmed

PikaForLife

Smash Apprentice
if everything goes alright i will be confirmed tomorrow 100%
also since i wanna play like everyone i hereby challenge everyone for a MM :)

Silva

Smash Apprentice
LOL I'm the only one from the UK showing interest? Surely you guys must've hit up the main peeps like Anaky for example? O lawdeeee lawd.

:phone:

xzx

Smash Lord
OMGooooodness I'm so hyped for this!!!!! Livestream?! =D AWESOME!!!

Near, the english Zelda main, may come if he has the money!

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Possibly attending, will probably need a teammate since Android usually says he dont want to play brawl and I would like to team with motivated players going for a win. Preferably with a good MK or Snake main!

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
I'm happily up for money matches against all non Finns :)
I would not want to MM for higher amount of money than 60NOK and even that depends.
The ideal amount would be 8-20NOK because I wan't to MM as many as possible and I aim to play a variety of MUs in a competitive setting. I value many low-cash MMs more than one MM with lot's of money in it because of the experience and variety.

anyone.

hype btw

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
I agree with Jebu. I want to do as many MM's as possible while we're at it. I will do it with anyone who'd like, even other Norwegians if they'd be up for it. But the first priority is foreigners

ShadowTl

Smash Apprentice
Jebu/hudet let's do this.

I'll mm anyone else, need to win this way too expensive planeticket back.

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
All right, Shadow/Jebu. You can choose the amount.

I'm also up for some MMs.

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
UPDATE:
I spoke the owner yesterday, and the contract signing has been delayed to a week later due to some changes. Clearly, after every time I have been at the cantina, I have had the impression that we could sleep there (I did it myself, for instance), but I found out that it was not allowed. Therefore, we must take a small part of the gym hall as well, just to sleep in. Without the supervisor, it will be like 8000 NOK together. If we're lucky, our end sum would be at 11 000, but if the appointed supervisor can't, the caretaker will take up her job ad it will cost 1500 NOK extra (what a c*nt).
That answers a few old questions, like YES, we have showers! We also have wardrobes, since we have a part of the gym hall. Also, I'm sorry to say, that we will have to make the entrance fee to 150 NOK. And if we REALLY are unlucky, and won't get money support, I HATE to say that even 200 can be an option. I'm sorry guys, but I can't use 4000 til 6000 NOK all by myself.
This is not our fault, but we will have to do our best out of the outcome. I surely believe that we WILL get our 7000 NOK in money support and that you will not use much more money than you already are investing for this trip. I will not abandon this for anything in the world, but I can't use all my money on this either. I hope you all understand.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So Entrance will be like 20€?

I might come, if I wont travel alone (That said, another berlin smasher coming as well)

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
So Entrance will be like 20€?

I might come, if I wont travel alone (That said, another berlin smasher coming as well)
But aren't you going to that French tourney that's held during the same weekend? Monkey unit or something like that

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I never confirmed for that o.O
I only have a few time for Smash anyway and I never now until the last days if I can really come due to stuyding any MANY homeworks >,<"
But I would go to this if I get a good deal (norwegian.com is one :p) and other berlin smashers go with me.
This is more interesting to me, as it will probably the only big scandinavian tournament for a long time now, as in france there also is BBI2 for example ^^

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
how's the setup situation in regards to melee/brawl?

also, you could put me on as interested. It's Thomas, not kaizer by the way.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I think we're up to somewhere around 15 TVs or so right now, but since we're planning on holding both Melee and Brawl, then it would be sweet if some of you guys bring some TVs as well.

I also suggest that people bring a wii/gamecube with Brawl and/or Melee.

Setups will be distributed among the games judging by the demand. For instance: So as an event in Brawl(Let's say.. doubles) starts to close in towards the finals, then even more TVs will be used for Melee doubles.

xzx

Smash Lord
I can't play good in the morning! =( Not after I have woken up...

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that almost everyone has the same problem xzx.
You can wake up earlier though... I think I'll wake up around 8-9. 2 hours is enough time to get accustomed to.

Top Bottom