• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 2GGT: ZeRo Saga discussion thread - Top 48

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Void takes it 3-2 over MKLeo in a last stock, last hit situation; thoroughly showing Mr. R just how much he has to learn.

And ZeRo surgically 3-0s Locus. Not as though anybody expected anything different.

Still, good **** Locus.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
ZeRo TRASHED Locus, good lord. And he started doing things I've never seen him do before. He wasn't even playing as slowly as he did against Venom - it was full pressure, and insane movement. Like losing to Ally still gave him EXP and he unlocked new skills. Yeesh!

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
TDK TDK Because if he didn't Anti will go Cloud and Yoshi/Cloud is awful, like 70/30 bad

Last edited:

Zelder

Smash Journeyman
Lol Leo's character trio is like scientifically designed to counter Dabuz's two mains as hard as possible. He needs to level up his Bayo because it doesn't seem like he has an answer to a strong Cloud in bracket.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I feel like even if Dabuz ties it up here Leo'll just pull out MK

2-1 Leo currently.

EDIT: 3-1 Leo but Dabuz played the last two games really well.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Poor Dabuz :( Apparently before this he was saying he couldn't beat Leo and he was wondering why he hasn't improved much despite him practicing a lot and then him losing to a MK and Leo. I really hope Dabuz does well at Genesis

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Yeh Dabuz keeps saying that he has a secret Bayo that he has in the woodwork's. I feel he should really start pulling it out now for these Cloud MU's cause they are rlly brutal for him.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Double post but...

:4diddy:Zero (3) vs Komorikiri (1) :4bayonetta2:

Komorikiri actually tried and pulled out the Bayo MU against Zero, but it wasn't enough to beat him.

Last edited:

kaz99

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
KAZ#306
Switch FC
SW-3846-9922-7779
Well there goes Nairo's undefeated Bowser...

Anyways, I really want to see Void take the tourney

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I think that was a huge mistake to pull out Bowser against VoiD. Of all the people at this tourney - save for maybe ZeRo - VoiD would be the one to slap that Bowser around. Admittedly, it was close because... well, Bowser. But still.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
Aaaaaaaand Void poops all over Nairo's Bowser, proving once and for all why Bowser is not a high tier.

Void 3, Nairo's inferior Marth 1.
Well that's the thing man, Void was basically at death percent himself at the end. Just because he tossed around Bowser isn't really a shock.

Yes. One grab that he did not get, and that might not have comboed into a kill if he had gotten it.
Just because he didn't get the grab doesn't really mean anything. He and Void were basically evenish by the end considering the qualities of the MU.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hello, people.
About Nairo's Lucina.
Seeing it again, it confirmed my worries. I have been practicing Lucina endlessly these last few weeks, and I noticed something, I grew cynical. Of everything. Of my main, of her matchups and of this entire game.
I am looking at every match with a far more critical approach, and Nairo's Lucina has potential. But right now, he is carrying her on his fundamentals alone. He has no proper Lucina fundamentals.
He flubs throw conversions often, his spacing isn't as tight as it could be, he still could mix up his recovery better, and he needs to commit less. Admitelly, he commits far less to unnecessary stuff than other Marcina players, but his mistake is relying on FSmash too much. It worked once, but he uses it OOS too often. That wasn't a Lucina. That was Nairo, if you catch my drift.
I know Nairo reads Smashboards sometimes. If you read this: You have a potential to be to Lucina what MKLeo is to Marth if you polish up your Lucina. Something truly beautiful is ought to come out of it. You just need to polish it up.
You have gold in your hands right now. Heavily impolished gold, but it's still gold. Will you polish it up?

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
Ally just could not land to save his life that last game. He just couldn't get into the bubble Leo was creating, which was pretty much the entire stage that was under the platforms. Good stuff Leo.

Hoping for a Canada Cup-esque run back of Leo vs VoiD. See if Leo can make the necessary adjustments, or at the very least VoiD is able to take grand finals. Let's go both of them!

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
lol, for all the Bowser hype Zero just takes it apart in two straight games, then loses a game to Nairo's pocket Ryu

@Emblem Lord where you at?

Ed: And that's Nairo out after four straight games of not using his main.

Last edited:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
lol, for all the Bowser hype Zero just takes it apart in two straight games, then loses a game to Nairo's pocket Ryu

@Emblem Lord where you at?
What "take apart"? Bowser fights always go fast.

He gets you = you get bodied.

You get him = He gets bodied.

Everytime Nairo got Zero to final stock and past 50% was basically danger zone for Zero. With Bowser, the fight really isn't over until you kill him.

EternalFlare

Smash Journeyman
And that is why Ryu is not top 10 in the current meta. No Ryu is good against getting camped out hard. Either the character is just too limited and it will never happen or Ryus need to seriously step it up.

In other news, DuckHunt seriously needs to be banned. Even Halberd would be a much better pick if people are desperate for more stages. Duck Hunt invalidates most of the cast as they don't really have an answer to getting camped out that hard.

Last edited:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
...What did I miss?
And what's with all of the negativity?
Why the heck did Komorikiri throw away his chance at ZeRo?
Does MKLeo stand for Marth Killer Leo now?
Nairo's Bowser finally lost?
And he has a Pocket... RYU?

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
The fight isn't over until it's over.
Wow! Such a sudden and unexpected revelation has been delivered unto me! Surely this is the wisdom of the gods, stolen from their high thrones and brought here to be shared with us!

No, but seriously ZeRo ran rings around Nairo when he wasn't deciding to randomly approach him or try to cross him up with MF, and people really need to realize that the Shell Shock has limitations on percent range.

T4ylor

Smash Journeyman
Larry choked so hard as DK game 2 vs Void. He forgot he was playing DK at the end.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hello, people.
About Nairo's Lucina.
Seeing it again, it confirmed my worries. I have been practicing Lucina endlessly these last few weeks, and I noticed something, I grew cynical. Of everything. Of my main, of her matchups and of this entire game.
I am looking at every match with a far more critical approach, and Nairo's Lucina has potential. But right now, he is carrying her on his fundamentals alone. He has no proper Lucina fundamentals.
He flubs throw conversions often, his spacing isn't as tight as it could be, he still could mix up his recovery better, and he needs to commit less. Admitelly, he commits far less to unnecessary stuff than other Marcina players, but his mistake is relying on FSmash too much. It worked once, but he uses it OOS too often. That wasn't a Lucina. That was Nairo, if you catch my drift.
I know Nairo reads Smashboards sometimes. If you read this: You have a potential to be to Lucina what MKLeo is to Marth if you polish up your Lucina. Something truly beautiful is ought to come out of it. You just need to polish it up.
You have gold in your hands right now. Heavily impolished gold, but it's still gold. Will you polish it up?
As a Lucina player I agree(my other main is Roy), fsmash out of shield isn't something you do as Lucina.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
Wow! Such a sudden and unexpected revelation has been delivered unto me! Surely this is the wisdom of the gods, stolen from their high thrones and brought here to be shared with us!

No, but seriously ZeRo ran rings around Nairo when he wasn't deciding to randomly approach him or try to cross him up with MF, and people really need to realize that the Shell Shock has limitations on percent range.
Don't get smarmy with me. You know what I meant. How many fights have you seen where it just seems over after the first stock, the percent builds into the hundreds and it seems unrealistic for the underdog to actually K.O the opponent when they have to make back two stocks.

You don't get that with Bowser, Nairo had Zero at the right percent to end it in less moves than Zero needed. The fact Zero didn't two stock Nairo when it seemed likely Zero would is a testament to Nairo's survivability and utilizing Bowser. Seriously, just because Zero wasn't at 100% doesn't mean jack in the Bowser MU.

So what if he ran rings around Nairo? That's just what happens with Bowser. So what if he slapped him like a rag doll? That's just what happens. Nairo still got Zero at the probable death percent.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
ZeRo wasn't kidding when he said that MKLeo was the hardest opponent for him to fight, because goddamn

Dude plays the Diddy matchup like a pro

Top Bottom