• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm enjoying what I've played of Automata so far and think 2B has a pretty decent shot at being a future DLC fighter, so count me in as a supporter.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The 10th anniversary of the series is coming. One wonders what announcements are in store.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
It's only a coincidence but damn it all if the timing for its anniversary wasn't ripe for the picking. They're going to celebrate the occasion somehow; Idc if it's a remake or Switch port or even a concert.

Can someone edit this in the opening post? It looks badass and the pun is perfect.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'm still going with my instinct that she will be FP5 or the first post pass character announced. But hopefully we get a Switch port too.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
It's only a coincidence but damn it all if the timing for its anniversary wasn't ripe for the picking. They're going to celebrate the occasion somehow; Idc if it's a remake or Switch port or even a concert.

Can someone edit this in the opening post? It looks badass and the pun is perfect.

Nier: “Draw me like one of your French girls.”

KatKit

Smash Lord
With one of my favorite JRPG series (Trails) finally debuting on a Nintendo console after making 9 games, I think it's only a matter of time before Nier gets a Switch port. The JRPG in question has a relatively small but very dedicated fanbase (the fan demand for a Switch port wasn't nearly as big as Nier Automata's). The company (Nihon Falcom) believes that bringing the series to Nintendo is a great decision. I couldn't agree more; they stopped making handheld versions because of the PSVita's hardware limitations.

We still have a ways to go before Nier's 10th anniversary next April, but I'm glad that they're celebrating it. I wonder why they're making an announcement in December though. Also... Fighter #6 seems like they'd probably come out around that time (April). Just saying.

Nier: “Draw me like one of your French girls.”
Warning: Nier spoilers ahead: she leaves the page blank.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Lots of deconfirmations popping up by the day but so far 2B still seems 2B to be safe. I think she may actually have a shot at FP5 or at least as one of the post pass characters.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's hoping 2B gets in during the TGAs or they miraculously announce a Switch port of Automata.

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
2B post pass seems pretty strong a concept to me. Coincide with 10 year anniversary and I assume whatever Yoko Taro is working on will likely be brought to attention between now and E3 2020 so around or only a little after anniversary which puts her right around character #6 release. Ofc there are many anniversaries and many characters that seem optimal based on your own bias.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
They went overboard on Bayonetta's nerfs but she's not that terrible. Sheeeeit.

Although I wouldn't mind Bayonetta passing the torch of her former glory to a Nier rep.
Can’t say I agree.

As someone who prioritises movement and responsiveness, she’s appalling.

That being said, I’ve accepted Bayo will forever be terrible in Ultimate, so I’d be ok if the torch passed onto 2B.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
If you want to entertain something, Nier series producer Yosuke Saito announced a Christmas Niconico livestream/interview he is hosting with several Japanese developers including Sakurai and Yoko Taro. Joining them include Square-Enix's Takashi Anzai, PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya, and former Square-Enix employee Jin Fujisawa.

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
The below quotes are from I believe August, I doubt they would reveal a new Yoko game on that small of a stage given its new popularity but eh could be interesting.
Saito:
“So, what’s your new game all about?”
Yoko:
“Uh, it’s not really for me to say…”

Saito:
“Well, I think you can talk a little about it the next time we do this.”

Night Gale

Smash Ace
If you want to entertain something, Nier series producer Yosuke Saito announced a Christmas Niconico livestream/interview he is hosting with several Japanese developers including Sakurai and Yoko Taro. Joining them include Square-Enix's Takashi Anzai, PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya, and former Square-Enix employee Jin Fujisawa.

This may be nothing more than circumstantial evidence, but all but 2 of those f***ers in that interview are involved with Nier Automata. The exception is Masahiro Sakurai and Jin, who's involved with Dragon Quest. Conversely, every single participant except for Yoko Taro is involved with Super Smash.

if it amounts to nothing, they still have Masahiro Sakurai cornered. lmao The timing is weird, too. This is the same month that Nier announced its 10th anniversary celebration almost 5 months in advance. Almost all of us are anticipating a December Smash reveal.

Does the Niconico premium membership cost? I wanna hear this s*** live.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
This may be nothing more than circumstantial evidence, but all but 2 of those f***ers in that interview are involved with Nier Automata. The exception is Masahiro Sakurai and Jin, who's involved with Dragon Quest. Conversely, every single person in it except for Yoko Taro is involved with Super Smash.

if it amounts to nothing, they still have Masahiro Sakurai cornered. lmao

Does the Niconico premium membership cost? I wanna hear this s*** live.
I also got the feeling that Sakurai wandered straight into an indirect machination of sorts set up by Saito where he would probably be pressed on Smash to some extent on-camera. Would not be surprised if it's brought up. Putting the head honcho of Platinum with them also stands out lmao. But Saito did mention that everyone involved here was born in 1970, so there is a running theme for this stream.

I brought this up because this is the first time where we can see Sakurai directly interact with Yoko and Saito, as well as this being one of those rare cases where we can see Sakurai talking about games and other stuff outside of Smash, something we got glimpses of in his Famitsu columns and the DQXI S launch stream to a lesser extent.

One also wonders what happens when you put Sakurai, who generally comes off as reserved, and Yoko, an iconoclastic and a somewhat of a loose cannon, in the same room. After all, Yoko Taro compared Sakurai as a Warrior of Light while he compared himself to a Necromancer, so the interactions may be very interesting.

Edit: Worth noting that everyone but Sakurai has acknowledged the stream on Twitter. Probably don't want to invite attention just yet.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I've been begging for an on-air Sakurai/Yoko Taro interaction for a long time! I said this in a different topic:

Think about how bonkers a Smash direct would be if Yoko made a guest appearance like:

Between Sakurai's sass and Yoko's, ummm... eccentricities, we'll have jokes for days. Yoko's "Sakurai is a Warrior of Light" comment reminded me of Galeem and Dharkon, and I'd love to see their chemistry. Just a silly hot mess between two passionate madmen who don't give a darn.
Throwing Kamiya in the mix is just icing on the proverbial cake!

Even if it isn't about Smash at all, that's gonna be very interesting to listen to.

However, it's still super convenient that the man in charge of the company (PlatinumGames) that developed Nier Automata, the director of it, a head honcho of the company (SquareEnix) that published it, and a couple of Dragon Quests guys from said company are all hanging out with Sakurai. As someone pointed out in a different topic, even the "born in the 1970s" theme is kinda reminiscent of the recent 1980s celebration thing that Smash did; those are the games that influenced these guys growing up. That and there are a heck of a lot of other prolific Japanese devs who are born in that decade, but perhaps they aren't in Saito's inner circle. I still think they're planning something behind the scenes. This is getting ridiculous, ahaha.

The timing is weird, too. This is the same month that Nier announced its 10th anniversary celebration almost 5 months in advance. Almost all of us are anticipating a December Smash reveal.
AGREED!

If 2B is FP6, she might be announced shortly after FP5 in the same Direct. She'd be perfect to kick off season 2 like Joker did for season 1.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace

Sakurai and Yoko Taro in the same room?

2B Automatizes?!?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Sakurai and Yoko Taro in the same room?

2B Automatizes?!?
Metal Gear?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Now that I think about it... Are there any MGS references in Nier?

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Wtf? I thought that I completed the game but I don't recall that long ass ladder climb. It must be hidden. That is definitely a Metal Gear reference. lmao Either that or shout out to Charlie's Angels the Game.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Add me to the support list! I don't know why it took me so long to post here lol Automata was one of my favorite games of 2017, in fact I put it above of Breath of the Wild. I loved almost everything from the game: story, music, combat...
2B would be super cool. I think she has a good shot for post-pass.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
People believed that one or two long ladder climbs in the City Ruins of NieR Automata is a reference to Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
Sunny is also compared with 2B due to similar appearance.
Also in the final battle
where Eve and Senator St[EVE]n Armstrong turns all black and are 200% Mad.
I blame PlatinumGames for that.

Wtf? I thought that I completed the game but I don't recall that long ass ladder climb. It must be hidden. That is definitely a Metal Gear reference. lmao Either that or shout out to Charlie's Angels the Game.

There's more to that because that is where
Adam and Eve had their conversations at the table and Adam's glasses can be collected there at Route C/D.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
2b is my most wanted female third party character for Smash, and top 3 third party alongside Crash and Travis.

I really hope that she will be playable and we will get all the epic music in Smash too!

KatKit

Smash Lord
Some new NieR trademarks have appeared:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019..._a_remaster_of_the_original_could_be_incoming

Most likely means a remaster of the first NieR game though could always mean something else.
Awesome! I'm not super surprised considering the upcoming anniversary. With that being said, this is still exciting news. More importantly:

The original Nier had a cancelled PSVita version in the making that was scrapped. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up becoming a Switch port, or if they created a remake and also released it on the Switch.

As for Nier Automata, the creators have been asking for a Switch port for years. Although they stated that ultimately, the decision is up to SquareEnix, but we know that a SquareEnix board member/Dragon Quest/Nier producer asked Sakurai out for dinner, and also asked him to meet with Yoko Taro. It's a pretty safe bet that Square has something planned up their sleeve. We also know that they're easy to work with. And we also know how much Sakurai loves the series.

And now we know that there's an upcoming anniversary celebration (that they announced kinda early for some reason).

This is getting out of hand. All of this AND the upcoming livestream? Plus everything else 2B has going for her?!

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! I'm not super surprised considering the upcoming anniversary. With that being said, this is still exciting news. More importantly:

The original Nier had a cancelled PSVita version in the making that was scrapped. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up becoming a Switch port, or if they created a remake and also released it on the Switch.

As for Nier Automata, the creators have been asking for a Switch port for years. Although they stated that ultimately, the decision is up to SquareEnix, but we know that a SquareEnix board member/Dragon Quest/Nier producer asked Sakurai out for dinner, and also asked him to meet with Yoko Taro. It's a pretty safe bet that Square has something planned up their sleeve. We also know that they're easy to work with. And we also know how much Sakurai loves the series.

And now we know that there's an upcoming anniversary celebration (that they announced kinda early for some reason).

This is getting out of hand. All of this AND the upcoming livestream? Plus everything else 2B has going for her?!
Please don't do that, don't give me hope. If what you're saying is true, I will scream out of hype.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I didn't played the original NieR so a remaster or a remake would be really great.
I heard the gameplay didn't aged well.
It's worth it for the story and music alone. If they tweaked the gameplay that would be a bonus. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't Automata. lmao

Drakengard 3 aged just fine imo. I love that s***. I hope it gets a rerelease. Zero needs more love.

Please don't do that, don't give me hope. If what you're saying is true, I will scream out of hype.
I'm certain everyone in this topic would lose their s***, but we have to keep our expectations in check. Anything can happen. Although it's getting harder to deny that this bish's chances seem to improve by the day. She's one of the few characters that I am optimistic about tbqh. Keep being patient and hopeful.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
It's worth it for the story and music alone. If they tweaked the gameplay that would be a bonus. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't Automata. lmao

Drakengard 3 aged just fine imo. I love that s***. I hope it gets a rerelease. Zero needs more love.

I'm certain everyone in this topic would lose their s***, but we have to keep our expectations in check. Anything can happen. Although it's getting harder to deny that this bish's chances seem to improve by the day. She's one of the few characters that I am optimistic about tbqh. Keep being patient and hopeful.
I legit begged God Himself for 2B's inclusion in Smash. And if she gets in, I will be the happiest man ever. And I know, keep your expectations in check. That's what I always do in general.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Between the possibility of a Replicant remake and 2B in Smash seeming possible it's a good time to be a Yoko Taro fan.

I mean, I'll believe any of this when I see it, but...

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I don't think a Remaster would be enough. Not only did the game not age well visually, but the gameplay isn't good either.

NieR will need a full on remake.

Remake + add 2B into smash seems like a great way to celebrate a 10th anniversary to me.

Everhearted

Smash Rookie
So, I'm sure most of you know Sabi, one of the more credible leakers when it comes to Smash.
I know to take things with a grain of salt, but I find it odd for him to tweet and then quickly delete this.

He also tweeted this not that long ago as well.

Doesn't confirm anything, but I thought it was something worth bringing up.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sabi is just trolling for attention at this point but considering the other things that better hint toward 2B I could see it happening post-pass. I'm not going to pay the leakers any mind really.

Night Gale

Smash Ace

He also tweeted this not that long ago as well.

Doesn't confirm anything, but I thought it was something worth bringing up.
Nítido.

Sabi is just trolling for attention at this point
¡Coño!

You're right. They're most likely bulls***ting but on the off chance it happens sooner than anticipated they can take credit. It's not worth looking into but thank you for sharing. For now our focus should be on the upcoming livestream and then the anniversary, in that order. If nothing is hinted in the former, something may happen in the latter. Otherwise we wait until it transpires. Keep supporting until it does. Be persistent. Be patient.

Reminder to not let them f*** with your emotions like they did to KOS-MOS supporters (cries in T-elos). All eyes are going to be on 2B as the livestream approaches, so expect more fake leaks leading up to it. Let's try to keep our focus on the facts because we all know this bish a lot going for her.

Last edited:

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, guys, that message what Sabi said wasn't about 2B's inclusion. That message was meant to me on Twitter.

Top Bottom