• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2B Automatizes!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I did it, I got the game, first impressions, this game controls great, the combat is super fun, the soundtrack is stunning, the character designs are great, but I already knew that before I played, that's really all I can say for now as I only have just started.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Enjoy the story! All I can say is that you need to keep playing after you get the first ending.

NineS

Smash Lord
I did it, I got the game, first impressions, this game controls great, the combat is super fun, the soundtrack is stunning, the character designs are great, but I already knew that before I played, that's really all I can say for now as I only have just started.
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!

Remember to get attached to every character you can. It makes the game so much more fulfilling.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If 2B does get in Smash,
And NieR does get said stage...
And 9S isn't an assist trophy, alt, echo, etc.

View attachment 174262

How about a boar-riding 9S for a stage hazard?
Sure! Complete with him frantically firing his pod around.

The boss battle in the desert is what solidified the game as a gem for me. It generally kept getting better (and weirder, but in a good way) from there. Without spoiling much, I will say that the Simone fight and song is probably my favorite in the game.

The third main story route is when shiola hits the fan, however. If you stick around for that, you're in for a treat. It's just... an emotional roller coaster ride sprinkled with moments that range from happy to sad and tragic and epic and everything in between.

At the end of the day, the game is an experience. Overall, it's art in its purest form.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh... If it happens, well ****. Ready to be hyped for her in two awesome games from this year. She was my most wanted 3rd party in SC6 before it became a reality, while lowkey wanting her for Smash.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sorry for double post, but just going by the last post(s) before mine, still think she’s a possible contender for DLC if nothing else.

NineS

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post, but just going by the last post(s) before mine, still think she’s a possible contender for DLC if nothing else.
I think so too.

But, it's odd...

A few months back in an interview, Sakurai stated that he wasn't even thinking about DLC and wasn't going to begin thinking about it until after he was done with Smash ultimate, base game at the least.

In the direct, when Rex's mii outfit is shown, he states they planned DLC as far back as the original project plan.

Mashed Potatoes was lying about one of these. If he's lying about what he originally said, then.. Well, question is, why?
If he's lying about the latter, again, why?

I can only come up with a reason for the latter, it being that he possibly wants us to lower our expectations for any new characters so he can blow us away once we get a character from a game after 2015
Either way, unless we figure out which of these he's lying about, it's just gonna become a new theory.

i hope he's lying about the latter, so 2B can actually have a chance of getting in within the next year.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I think so too.

But, it's odd...

A few months back in an interview, Sakurai stated that he wasn't even thinking about DLC and wasn't going to begin thinking about it until after he was done with Smash ultimate, base game at the least.

In the direct, when Rex's mii outfit is shown, he states they planned DLC as far back as the original project plan.

Mashed Potatoes was lying about one of these. If he's lying about what he originally said, then.. Well, question is, why?
If he's lying about the latter, again, why?

I can only come up with a reason for the latter, it being that he possibly wants us to lower our expectations for any new characters so he can blow us away once we get a character from a game after 2015
Either way, unless we figure out which of these he's lying about, it's just gonna become a new theory.

i hope he's lying about the latter, so 2B can actually have a chance of getting in within the next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying Sakurai possibly planed dlc back with the original project plan? right?
if so it would kill her chances, or not, think about it, he could change the project plan if he sees a character he wants more, or thinks would be a better fit,
Vergeben did say there was a new Sqaure character perhaps that character is 2b, If I recall there was a Famitsu column where he praises the game, here is a quote from it"I’m not saying people should deliberately try to be weird, and make unconventional games. But in the case of NieR, everything about the game is done with intent and purpose, and choices like the one to make the main character an android feel like one part of a defined greater vision. "
Who knows maybe he will add a character from a game he really likes, Sakurai bias could be in our favor.

NineS

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying Sakurai possibly planed dlc back with the original project plan? right?
if so it would kill her chances, or not, think about it, he could change the project plan if he sees a character he wants more, or thinks would be a better fit,
Vergeben did say there was a new Sqaure character perhaps that character is 2b, If I recall there was a Famitsu column where he praises the game, here is a quote from it"I’m not saying people should deliberately try to be weird, and make unconventional games. But in the case of NieR, everything about the game is done with intent and purpose, and choices like the one to make the main character an android feel like one part of a defined greater vision. "
Who knows maybe he will add a character from a game he really likes, Sakurai bias could be in our favor.
Sakurai said the planned DLC bit in the recent direct, right here:
The exact words are:
We decided which fighters to include when we started the planning, so we couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announced after planning had started.
I think an important keyword here is that he said they couldn't add fighters from titles like those. Not that they can't. Something about that sticks out to me.
There may be a major difference in what was said during the Japanese version though, but I don't know any Japanese.

Another thing to note is that this directly conflicts with something Bill said as to how they're handling DLC. Which is in this interview, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff
The quote:
The thing about us, when it comes to something like DLC, we don't really start on it until we have got the game done. So, maybe when the game comes out they will make a decision on if they will do it, or if they do what they want to do, that sort of thing.
These both directly conflict with each other. Of course, there's also the assumption that Bill was being secretive, or simply didn't know.

And yeah, you're right about the bit about the Famitsu Column. https://www.sourcegaming.info/2017/03/15/thinking-outside-the-box-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-526/ I'm hoping "Sakurai bias" boosts 2B's chances. He definitely liked NieR, he definitely knows all about it, and has Keiichi Okabe on the team making music for Smash. She's also another character made and developed by Platinum Games, like Bayonetta, who'd probably seamlessly transfer into Smash while sharing a few of Bayonetta's assets/capabilities.

Vergeben has stated there's seven names he's heard regarding the Square Enix character, but hasn't stated which. It helps narrow down the list, but then it's figuring out which those 7 could be.

Something else I thought was just more interesting than an actual possibility but, the title of the Famitsu Article's title,

I just really like it. It reminds me of some of the choices Sakurai has been. Piranha plant is a character you'd have to think outside of the box to get. Honestly, you'd have to really think outside the box just to think 2B has a chance of being the Square rep, which I do. Then again, I may be insane. I hope Sakurai, like some of us, is really thinking outside the box. The black boxes of our minds.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said the planned DLC bit in the recent direct, right here:
The exact words are:

I think an important keyword here is that he said they couldn't add fighters from titles like those. Not that they can't. Something about that sticks out to me.
There may be a major difference in what was said during the Japanese version though, but I don't know any Japanese.

Another thing to note is that this directly conflicts with something Bill said as to how they're handling DLC. Which is in this interview, http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff
The quote:

These both directly conflict with each other. Of course, there's also the assumption that Bill was being secretive, or simply didn't know.

And yeah, you're right about the bit about the Famitsu Column. https://www.sourcegaming.info/2017/03/15/thinking-outside-the-box-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-526/ I'm hoping "Sakurai bias" boosts 2B's chances. He definitely liked NieR, he definitely knows all about it, and has Keiichi Okabe on the team making music for Smash. She's also another character made and developed by Platinum Games, like Bayonetta, who'd probably seamlessly transfer into Smash while sharing a few of Bayonetta's themes.

Vergeben has stated there's seven names he's heard regarding the Square Enix character, but hasn't stated which. It helps narrow down the list, but then it's figuring out which those 7 could be.

Something else I thought was just more interesting than an actual possibility but, the title of the Famitsu Article's title,

I just really like it. It reminds me of some of the choices Sakurai has been. Piranha plant is a character you'd have to think outside of the box to get. Honestly, you'd have to really think outside the box just to think 2B has a chance of being the Square rep, which I do. Then again, I may be insane. I hope Sakurai, like some of us, is really thinking outside the box. The black boxes of our minds.
Perhaps I interpreted it differently, it was near the dlc section after all, but I was just thinking in terms of Rex and the base roster.
Even so, there's no harm in changing a character in the design document, however unlikely that may be, if he already has the movesets planed out then that could really hurt her chances, unless they move that character in the second dlc pack, but why would they prioritize 2B over another character when they could simply move her to the second pack, overall, I hope my original interpretation of the statement is right, and it may be considering what bill said, and I believe Sakurai has said similar things concerning DLC.

Maybe Nier Automata inspired Sakurai and brought Piranha plant to life.
Piranha plant is the key to 2B's inclusion! haha

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This COULD bode well if and only if they're making an Automata port.

And by God, I hope they are.

NineS

Smash Lord
This is exactly what I've been hoping for. This is exactly what I've been speculating would happen after Nov. 1st.
I've already got a paragraph from the general discussion thread explaining how this means characters, even those after 2016, can make it in.

Alright, since we're all losing our minds now, I'm going to put my thoughts down on this and try to clear some things up.

First off, please note that Sakurai is saying "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete." Not that it has been complete, or they completed months ago. But that it is now complete. As in, they've only now finally finished choosing the DLC characters and thinking of how they'll work. Not that they've finished creating them, as it hasn't been nearly long enough since the game has gone gold to finish them.
This means there's a chance that, in fact, recent characters (anyone from games after early 2016) could be part of the DLC lineup. Of course, this goes against what he said the final smash direct, but yet again, what he said in that direct goes against what Bill had said about how they were handling Smash DLC.

Second off, please note what he said. "This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo." This doesn't mean no 3rd Party characters.
It means that, we may get a lot of 1st Party characters, but some 3rd Parties as well. Nintendo chose them, but they could've chosen them for promotional reasons, trying to gather attention for franchises on the switch, or games coming to the switch soon that we've yet to hear of, 3rd and 1st party. This doesn't eliminate 3rd parties entirely, but it limits our options to "Which 3rd parties would Nintendo want in Smash? How would it help them for this 3rd party to get in smash besides making money off of DLC?" Geno's chances are hurt, because we don't know how badly Nintendo themselves want him. DQ's chances increase immensely because of this, as are Chocobo's or any FF character's. Sora's chances are, admittedly, very hurt as well. However, characters like Sora and 2B (Basically 3rd party franchises who've yet to have a game on the switch, but can get one in the nier near future) potentially have a chance if their inclusion is anything like Isabelle's; In other words, their announcement and reveal coincides with the announcement of their game arriving to the Switch at a later date or that same day. Banjo is still a potential fit, due to the potential 64 Mini.

Lastly, the end of his tweet. "I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan." The wording of this suggests that Nintendo didn't give Sakurai specific 5 fighters, but rather, a large list of characters, 1st party and potentially 3rd party, which Sakurai would have to pick 5 characters from said large list based off of if he wants to do something with given characters or can. This means Nintendo decided far more than 5 characters for smash, gave Sakurai a list and told him "Choose 5 of these you think you can make something good with," and essentially to throw the other choices away. This means Sakurai still has some level of control as to who gets to be in Smash, only it has to be off of the list of characters Nintendo gave him.

It's not the end of the world. In fact, this kind of excites me.
I won't lie, I've always speculated and told myself that if 2B were to make it in, then a NieR: Automata for Switch would either be announced before her, with her, or shortly afterward. And now, it's looking like this could potentially be the case. Granted, this also goes for any other character that's from games after 2016, or have yet to have their franchise on the Switch.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Guess that disproves the idea that the candidates were decided a while ago.
Perhaps they will announce that Automata is being ported onto the Switch at the Game Awards followed by the announcement that shes coming to Smash.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Guess I've now gotta change my signature to point towards Yoko Taro wanting the game on the switch now, instead of Sakurai or a link to this thread.
Platinum Games, Yosuke Saito, and Yoko Taro all said they wanted to see NieR: Automata on the Switch. Square Enix clearly sees NieR: Automata as extremely profitable and likely suggested it to Nintendo, along with a few other names.

I just hope this actually happens. If not, oh well, better luck next time. I'll keep pushing for her all the way regardless, though!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We are gonna be the ones laughing all the way home when this happens. They said we were mad! Mad!

please Nintendo please

NineS

Smash Lord
The Emil head knows.

This is going to be the fourth coming of Jesus.
The second coming was Yoko Taro.
The third coming was Sakurai.

THE EMIL HEADS KNOWS!
EDIT: Just found out that in the Soul Calibur DLC, Nightmare can wear an Emil Head

It's beautiful. It's like I'm playing as Emil.
A massive, evil against their own will, deadly, Emil.
I guess that'd just be Halua, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't essentially expect her but I'd be very happy if we were to get 2B as a DLC fighter. She's hella unlikely if you ask me but she'd be awesome especially if announced with Automata 2. I always thought she was impossible but now I see there's a chance and a port of Automata on the Switch is very likely imo.

Ehh yeah to close this off let's just all admit that NieR Automata is the best ****** game on PS4. Imagine having her and Elma in the game! What a dream...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wouldn't essentially expect her but I'd be very happy if we were to get 2B as a DLC fighter. She's hella unlikely if you ask me but she'd be awesome especially if announced with Automata 2. I always thought she was impossible but now I see there's a chance and a port of Automata on the Switch is very likely imo.

Ehh yeah to close this off let's just all admit that NieR Automata is the best ****** game on PS4. Imagine having her and Elma in the game! What a dream...
You're speaking my language, though not Automata 2 necessarily. A Switch port would be perfect. To be honest it's my favorite game ever made.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
You're speaking my language, though not Automata 2 necessarily. A Switch port would be perfect. To be honest it's my favorite game ever made.
I'd be fine with 'only' a Switch port too. I'd be happy that more people can enjoy this masterpiece.

It's among my favorite games of all time top and that means something because there's not many games these days which can flash me anymore lol

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Just started playing Automata, and I already love it. Add me to the support list please.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Add me to the support!

I adore everything about Nier: Automata.
Such a unique game, with a wonderful setting.

Man, if 2B made it in, I can only think about potential stages in the game. *goosebumps*

NineS

Smash Lord
Alright, so supporters of 2B so far are:

01. Altais Altais (Creator of Thread)
02. Russell_SSB Russell_SSB
03. Schnee117 Schnee117
04. Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime
05. Devil May Plop Devil May Plop
06. Bestmand902 Bestmand902
07. Velvet Rebirth Velvet Rebirth
08. Wolfie557 Wolfie557
09. Shinuto Shinuto
10. Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
11. RandomAce RandomAce
12. S SEGAGameBoy
13. Mistaros Mistaros
14. Nonno Umby Nonno Umby
15. FirestormNeos FirestormNeos
16. Hydra of Chaos Hydra of Chaos
17. Llort A. Ton Llort A. Ton
18. Flyboy Flyboy
19. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
20. NineS NineS (Yours truly)
21. Demonfunds Demonfunds
22. scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce
23. TheYungLink TheYungLink
24. KatKit KatKit
25. Pakky Pakky
26. Johnknight1 Johnknight1
27. Nauzgo Nauzgo
28. Kirbeh Kirbeh
29. Luxent Luxent
30. Wurmple for smash Wurmple for smash
31. PsySmasher PsySmasher
32. NinjaWaddleDee NinjaWaddleDee
33. KarneraMythos KarneraMythos
34. K KidCham
35. SuperSceptile15 SuperSceptile15
36. DogManStar DogManStar
37. Idon Idon
38. N NIckynickreviews
39. rat.jpg rat.jpg
40. Saetanigera Saetanigera
41. 4ntarianSP4CE 4ntarianSP4CE
42. InfiniteRE InfiniteRE
43. Flaxr XIII Flaxr XIII
44. Ricksaw Ricksaw
45. TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom
46. Scottfrankd Scottfrankd
47. B Bloodyunicorn93
48. EarlTamm EarlTamm

49. BZL8 BZL8
49 supporters on this list in total.
If you'd like to be added to this list, just let me know or @ me.
There's probably tons of other supporters not currently on this list due to not knowing this thread exists. If you see anyone not on this list with 2B in their wishlist/etc., let me know.

There's a lot more supporters than I thought. Let's aim to keep growing!
of mankind-small.png

2B or not 2B, we've got nothing to lose.
Just to gain.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Alright, so supporters on this thread so far are

01. Altais Altais (Creator of Thread)
02. Russell_SSB Russell_SSB
03. Schnee117 Schnee117
04. Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime
05. Devil May Plop Devil May Plop
06. Bestmand902 Bestmand902
07. Velvet Rebirth Velvet Rebirth
08. Wolfie557 Wolfie557
09. Shinuto Shinuto
10. Parallel_Falchion Parallel_Falchion
11. RandomAce RandomAce
12. S SEGAGameBoy
13. Mistaros Mistaros
14. Nonno Umby Nonno Umby
15. FirestormNeos FirestormNeos
16. Hydra of Chaos Hydra of Chaos
17. Llort A. Ton Llort A. Ton
18. Flyboy Flyboy
19. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
20. NineS NineS (Yours truly)
21. Demonfunds Demonfunds
22. scarlet solsitce scarlet solsitce
23. TheYungLink TheYungLink
24. KatKit KatKit
25. Pakky Pakky
26. Johnknight1 Johnknight1
27. Nauzgo Nauzgo
28. Kirbeh Kirbeh
29. Luxent Luxent

29 supporters on this list in total.
If you'd like to be added to this list, just let me know or @ me.
There's probably tons of other supporters not currently on this list due to not knowing this thread exists. If you see anyone not on this list with 2B in their wishlist/etc., let me know.

There's a lot more supporters than I thought. Let's aim to keep growing!
View attachment 177112

Regardless of if 2B makes it or not, we've got nothing to lose.
I love how we've basically taken over the thread.

This is a good thing.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I’m reading through The Dark Id's Drakengard LPs again. They are freaking hilarious.

NineS

Smash Lord
Semi-Great news, folks!
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/rumour_platinumgames_is_working_on_three_switch_titles
Rumors are floating around that Platinum games is making 3 games for the Nintendo Switch, one of which is Bayonetta 3. No one else knows what they might be.

The part that makes it not-100% great?
Well, the thing is that:
1. According to this, Hideki Kamiya is credited in all 3 of these potential games. Hideki Kamiya didn't have credits in either the Xbox, PS4, or PC versions of NieR: Automata. Granted, I suppose that can change in a potential port of the game to the Switch, but that's just hypothetical.

The leak is by leakypandy. I'm not entirely aware of how credible leakypandy is, but I haven't heard good things about them as a leaker. I've heard that they're not a very credible leaker from others, but haven't looked into it myself.

Regardless, if this leak is true, this just increases the chances of a NieR: Automata port on the switch in the NieR future. I hope it happens regardless, if not for 2B, then at least to get it on another console.
Even if this leak is true, that would mean we're getting 3 Platinum Games-made games for switch at minimum, not max. Leakypandy doesn't know if 2 of these 3 games are ports or full on new titles, however. That also gives me hope.

For this, I hope leakypandy is credible. Although, I myself don't entirely believe them. Not yet. I'm not sure how credible they are.

EDIT:http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...itle=NieR:+Automata+Game+of+the+YoRHa+Edition
NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition (Game of the Year edition) has been leaked(?) by ESRB's website! There isn't much information, but we can likely expect an official announcement on it soon. However, it is only listed as PC and PS4. Despite this, I am more hopeful than ever. Could it be that they're keeping the fact it might be on the Switch hidden from us...? After all, when Become as Gods edition happened, it was for the Xbox One!

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Given Joker's inclusion and Reggie's comments...I actually have a lot more hope for 2B now. 3rd party, recent, relevant and popular, would fit very well in Smash.

4 more slots. Will we get one?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Given Joker's inclusion and Reggie's comments...I actually have a lot more hope for 2B now. 3rd party, recent, relevant and popular, would fit very well in Smash.

4 more slots. Will we get one?
I certainly hope so. Make her the second reveal as Fighter Pack 2B. It'd be perfect.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The fact that 2B is more than an impossible dream is the most...insane thing to me.

Never would I have imagined this happening.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Persona 5 is a modern game I would 100% go to bat for and unironically label a masterpiece.

NieR: Automata is the same, except I love it even more.

And they're both critically acclaimed to the moon and back, with a couple of websites even naming NieR: Automata their Game of the Year over Zelda and Mario and all those other games!

Best part is they're both from completely different companies, so I don't have to worry about two of my newest favorite RPG protagonists "competing" against each other for "company slots". If both 2B and Joker are in one game, hoo boy.

NineS

Smash Lord
Hey! Just wanted to say I'm not dead, just taking a break to avoid WoL spoilers until I beat it myself.
However, I just had to drop by.

Joker may be the second best thing to happen for 2B besides 2B herself.
Why? Here:

❖ Joker brought new information to light of Smash's most reliable leaker(s) thus far:

(Hitagi and Vergeben are working together on the Squenix 7 list. This claim from Hitagi means that there may be another potential 8th or 9th character even that we do not know of.)
What does this mean? 1. Either Crono, one of 3 DQ reps, or Sephiroth are the Squenix rep. Or, 2. It is none of the 7 on the list and actually a Squenix character not on the list.

The other important thing?
Mystic, an extremely reliable source and leaker on all things Atlus, just announced some new information they've been keeping secret. They deleted the twitter posts, however, I snagged a screenshot of them before he managed to do so.
Here is what he said:

He is saying that there is a Persona 5 switch port in the works which will be announced the very same day Joker is released and playable in Smash Bros. Ultimate. He has a very good track record, and specializes on Atlus leaks.

What does this mean? It's simple.
Joker is a fresh face who has grown significantly in popularity over the years from a 3rd party company who starred on a 3rd party console.
And Nintendo's choice to make him into a Smash newcomer most likely is to go along with his Super Smash Bros. Ultimate appearance and act as marketing to boost the sales of the game when it arrives to the switch.

It's an extremely similar scenario to what could and would hypothetically happen with 2B.

All-in-all, this has renewed my faith.
What can I say?

seenoevil.jpg

I never saw it coming.
And if she gets in, certainly no one else did. That's probably what the blindfold is for.

EDIT: I realized no one has yet attempted to come up with a moveset for her. I will attempt to do so at some point in the future.
Also, evidence that Sakurai and Yoko Taro are good friends or acquaintances.
He doesn't reply to just anyone!

Last edited:

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
count me in guys, after the Joker teaser i thought exactly the same as you

the "list" of square enix characters is wrong, sephiroth, dragon quest, chrono trigger or geno are just leak baits and only geno was possible in here

No one saw Joker coming, why would they see the square enix character

Persona 5 and Nier Automata shares the exact same characteristics, and both got an award (best rpg, best music)
Both recent, popular (especially among japaneses) and relevant
they both have huge ost to bring to smash
both unexpected

Both could get a switch portage in 2019
Actually during E3 Yoko Taro said in an interview he would like very much to bring Nier Automata on switch

I think very much that 2B is in

I have a last idea in mind, probably weird but i'm pretty sure the fighter pass will have a feminine character, there is more and more female characters in smash, smash ultimate brought some too, they are important to the roster, it's very much in nowadays goals, last DLC also got Bayonetta
so whether it's 2B or not, i'm 100% sure any DLC predictions without a female character is wrong
Every game devs are putting more and more females in their games.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This could be our moment.

Sakurai loves NieR. NieR Automata is huge. It's my favorite game of all time. Hopefully we get a Switch port but even then? After Joker? The doors are blown clean off. This doesn't just seem like a pipe dream anymore and that's just wild.

C'mon, Nintendo! Help me fill out my signature bingo card!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Really starting to think 2B might actually happen. Would be super hype. I would definitely like to play as her

NineS

Smash Lord
Dropping by to add some more things for 2B.

Firstly, this article: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...blematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach
Reggie speaks of how they're approaching DLC here.
This line stuck out to me:
Fils-Aime explained that Sakurai and the team working on Ultimate's DLC don't necessarily see characters from franchises not typically associated with Nintendo as a limiting factor when it comes to Smash Bros.
This line could mean many things. Overall, it does mean that regardless if the character is traditionally seen as an Xbox or Playstation character, they still have a chance of being the DLC, similar to Joker. Some have taken it as meaning "Doors open for all we're interested in, if they're looking to work with us", others have taken it to saying Characters that aren't viewed as Nintendo but still have games on Nintendo consoles (In other words, characters like Snake or Cloud) have a chance.

This line also stuck out to me:
“Mr. Sakurai, he's not only a student of Nintendo franchises, and obviously he's had his hand in a few, but he's a student of video games from a total perspective,” Fils-Aime said. “And so he's been the driver in really thinking about what type of character coming into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate would bring just a whole different level of fun and enjoyment for the player."
Here, Reggie seems to be confirming our suspicions that Sakurai in fact does still hold some level of power in picking the DLC characters. So, I suppose "Sakurai-bias" can still come into play.

There is also this, from another article: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...is-coming-to-super-smash-bros-ultimate-as-dlc
"These are characters that are new to the series... characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate."
Yet another quote from Reggie. This seems to potentially deconfirm Geno, as he is not "new to the series", having had a Mii costume for DLC in smash 4, and a spirit in Ultimate. This could bode well for 2B, seeing as less competition the better, but this is probably a plus for all potential Square Enix reps that aren't Geno and Mallow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom