• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question. When you want to make a loop in a sub routine, would you use the loop function, the goto function (if so, to which offset?) , or the sub routine function (like it just goes back to itself)? Also, I can't find which gfx sets the size for the falcon punch animation.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
yea, I dont think throw strength would let you take out more bombs lol. but ill look into it.
>_> Well I didn't know if the limit was because the bombs exploded too soon or not. *Doesn't play Link*

Just a quick question. When you want to make a loop in a sub routine, would you use the loop function, the goto function (if so, to which offset?) , or the sub routine function (like it just goes back to itself)? Also, I can't find which gfx sets the size for the falcon punch animation.
All of those would work, just make sure you set it up correctly.
-DD

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone that helped me.

And question:

Is there any way to make someone invisible?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Alright. I think I did it, but I just want to make sure. Would this keep CF's feet eternally toasty:

Next...

For anyone who's used Kari: Any ideas for a custom neutral-B?
I have two things to say. First, your custom regular B should be Close Combat. Like first, it charges up with graphics that look like focus energy *if that's possible*, then you can just put a whole bunch of hit graphics in random spots when you press B. And the second this is... you can make custom moves?! O-o

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Alright. I think I did it, but I just want to make sure. Would this keep CF's feet eternally toasty:

Next...

I have two things to say. First, your custom regular B should be Close Combat. Like first, it charges up with graphics that look like focus energy *if that's possible*, then you can just put a whole bunch of hit graphics in random spots when you press B. And the second this is... you can make custom moves?! O-o
1) I've been wanting to make Close Combat for something or another but I can't find any good animation chains for it. ><
2) ._. Have you never played as Phoenix Mario before?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I went through the entire event list and there wasn't a (in)visibility command.

Is that even the right thing to be looking at?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
1) I've been wanting to make Close Combat for something or another but I can't find any good animation chains for it. ><
2) ._. Have you never played as Phoenix Mario before?
1. Then how about dark pulse?
2. No I have not. So how do you do it?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Visibility is Invisibility.. but somewhere there's an extra file that you download to update code names

visibility tho is 0B020100
boolean is false for visible true for invisible..... or maybe thats backwards

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Ok now your just killing me XD

Do I make a Nop:
double click
click change
then how do I make a new action?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ok now your just killing me XD

Do I make a Nop:
double click then how do I make a new action?
When you go to set the event, instead of clicking on one of the options, manually type the code into the little space at the bottom right (should have something in it already)

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who's used Kari: Any ideas for a custom neutral-B?
Close combat.

Put a bunch of random hit boxes in front of kari, regular hitboxes, that do 3-4% each. The gfx could be... *checks list* ...either flash, stars, flame orb, or something else. If you could get the random gfx to match up with the random hits (idk how xD), then it would be awesome!

Also, dont forget the dust! (well you can... but w/e)

edit - cool, someone else said that too!
maybe its just such a great idea =D

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Close combat.

Put a bunch of random hit boxes in front of kari, regular hitboxes, that do 3-4% each. The gfx could be... *checks list* ...either flash, stars, flame orb, or something else. If you could get the random gfx to match up with the random hits (idk how xD), then it would be awesome!

I'm thinking that yes, that would be a great idea, but the problem exists: What animation do I use?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Fifty time? It'll be over before it starts. Add a hitbox the size of the stage and you can have Meta Knight for breakfast with that punch. :psycho:

And leafbarret, I hope you got my PM.

Leon89

Smash Cadet
is there an alternent version of this because, when i try to run the program i get an error message saying i need a different version of .Net framework, is there any way that i could run this without having to change my .Net framework?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Close combat.

Well, you're forgetting about graphic effect IDs 1 & 2... those are generic hits.

EDIT: Leaf, could you tell me where to find a guide of some sort? Also, where can you get the latest version of PSA AND how can you change SFX codes without freezing the game (like giving CF's up taunt a big helping of YES! :3)?

EDIT EDIT:
That's kinda slow- ...waitaminute... Now that we have the frame speed command... o_o YAY
You know, if you replaced Kari's current neutral attack with something else, you could use that animation a few times to show that the close combat is actually hitting in various spots. :3

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Fifty time? It'll be over before it starts. Add a hitbox the size of the stage and you can have Meta Knight for breakfast with that punch. :psycho:

And leafbarret, I hope you got my PM.

not necessarily. if the frame speed event is at the top, everything will be sped up, including when the hitboxes appear.

so you could, in theory, make an infinite lock with falcon punch. O_O

edit: nvm I misinterpreted. and yes, increase the hitbox size along with that and.... oh my ******ing god

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, you're forgetting about graphic effect IDs 1 & 2... those are generic hits.

EDIT: Leaf, could you tell me where to find a guide of some sort? Also, where can you get the latest version of PSA AND how can you change SFX codes without freezing the game (like giving CF's up taunt a big helping of YES! :3)?

EDIT EDIT:

You know, if you replaced Kari's current neutral attack with something else, you could use that animation a few times to show that the close combat is actually hitting in various spots. :3
The jab combo I have is already a lot like a CC combo would probably be... OOH I KNOW! =D
And as for a guide, I kinda just use this in combination with trial and error... and I'm clueless when it comes to SFX, sorry...

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
sfx: take the YESZ sfx from his up b, and put in the sfx of his up taunt. you might have to mess with timing to make it fit well, but...it shouldn't freeze the game....

YESZ sfx is E01

ALF

Smash Cadet
Can someone help me out? I'm trying to implement a dash special, but I don't know how to check if the character is dashing/running before I change subactions. I've gotten close by setting an LA-bit when the character starts a dash, but I can't just clear the bit when they stop running, there's just too many ways for that to happen. Anyone have any ideas?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Well, is there any way to take one of his victory poses and turn it into a taunt like they did with Luigi's "Bang bang"?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, is there any way to take one of his victory poses and turn it into a taunt like they did with Luigi's "Bang bang"?
Take everything from the victory (I'm not sure which "Win" pose it is) and put it into the taunt you want to change (the "Appeal" animations), and rename that taunt Win1, Win2, or Win3 (depending on which one you use)

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
I need help with Ganon's up-B. Whenever I use it he's done with the animation, he just stays frozen in the air and you can move him horizontally, but he's stuck like that. I have no idea what's wrong though, please help.

edit: if you need another image thats fine.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Looks like there's nothing telling him to fall when he's done.
In the Specials section, add a "Change Action" that changes his action to 10 (I think that's special fall) with the requirement "Animation End".

Top Bottom