• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

240 hrs to beat SSE w/ All Characters

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
240 hours? I think not.

Game companies have been known to blow numbers up double, even triple the time it actually takes to complete the game.

24 is a safe bet, but that is still pretty **** good.

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
Perhaps the 240 hour completion time also includes reruns on different difficulties?

Also, it seemed like after you use a character once you can choose to use them again. I'm not exactly sure where I saw this or if I'm just crazy. But if that's true than maybe the giant play time is because of the different characters you can use on each level.

Just speculation.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
No. Why are you people even entertaining this? There is absolutely no way that Brawl's story mode will be 240 hours long. Period.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Perhaps after completing a level, it can be replay with characters that couldn't go to it before. & there would be stickers, trophies & CDs in that level that could only be acquired with the "outside" characters.

A straight forward play through may only only take 10 hours but if you really want to complete your collections, it'll take a lot more. But that's all sidequests anyway.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
People. PLEASE stop saying that a 240 hour long single player would be a good thing. That is literally 10 days worth of play. That's utterly unheard of, even for RPGs. Unlocking characters would be an absolute pain in the a$$ anyway.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
People. PLEASE stop saying that a 240 hour long single player would be a good thing. That is literally 10 days worth of play. That's utterly unheard of, even for RPGs. Unlocking characters would be an absolute pain in the a$$ anyway.
You really think playing a certain number x 100 of matches is any better? o.o

Zevox

Smash Lord
That has to be a typo. Theres no game in existence that takes that much play time to beat, much less one with a single mode out of many that takes that long. Even the largest RPGs out there rarely top 50 hours for single-player modes. Seriously, I'll be amazed if SSE gets into the double-digits of hours to completely finish.

Zevox

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Turn on your Wii or Gamecube and let the computer play matches nonstop - when you wake up your challenger will be present.

Or do one stock matches and jump off the edge every time.

Simple.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
To be honest I dont think it would matter if it was 240 hours. Right when smash bros brawl is released people are going to lock themselves in their room and play it for more then 10 days anyway. But yeah thats way to long for a storymode in a fighting game. THATS LONGER THEN PLAYING EVERY FINAL FANTASY GAME

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
There was ALWAYS a quicker way to unlock a character than playing lots of versus mode. The only characters that REQUIRE you to play versus mode are Marth, Mewtwo, and Game and Watch. You unlock Marth by using all the default characters in at least one match. You unlock Mewtwo by playing 20 hours of versus mode. You unlock Game and Watch after unlocking everyone else.
All other characters can be unlocked within a short time in single player modes. I hope this holds true for Brawl. I don't want to play for 240 hours to get everyone.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Here the section of the forum where i found out about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157914&page=1101

Here the site that they claim that famitsu said it would take 240 hrs to beat it w/ all character:

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard...ext=%B4%EB%B3%AD%C5%F5&time=1209600&num=14201

My speculation: the only reason why it would take this long is that there like 40+ character and/or the re-playability because there might be different path to choose from.
This is great news. The game will be even better with that kind of single player.

courte

Smash Lord
how am i supposed to read this?!

if it were smash i could see the "with all characters" thing... although im interesting in seeing what that would mean in Brawl... almost insinuating that GASP!! every character appearing in the game plays some role in the SSE

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
24 hours, 240 hours...
Big DEAL.

It'll still have replay value.

Heck, I'd RATHER a 240 hour story mode, it's never been done before... and you can keep going on and on.
It's most likely a typo, but I mean most of you are going way past the yellow line here.

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
I definitely would be pleased with that... Though I don't mind if it is less since the majority of my time will eventually end up in multiplayer mode.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
But remember : You don't pick your characters but i think you are always left with 2 choices between picking characters at the start of a round. So there are definately lots of different combinations:
Start with kirby then use zelda / peach instead of kirby then etc...

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I pray to god it is =p. The longer the better. In my opinion, if they can keep the fun going for 200 hours, 700 hours, or forever, they should do it. Although 10 Hours of Quality is better then 200 hours of death. I hope it's the former =p.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I bet it would take us less than half the time, besides, remember in SE you can "change" paths, for example, the first time you play, you can choose either Mario or Kirby in the first battle, say you chose mario first, in the second run you'll chose kirby, but in the first one you saved Zelda, now would you pair Kirby with Zelda potentionaly opening new cutscenes and stuff or save peach.

This doesn't hint at a gigantic roster. It just means that if you whant to play with all characters on SE you'll have to play it again and again and again.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info!
But I thought you change characters after...or do you mean every way of the SSE?

Silfa

Smash Ace
240 hours = a hell of a lot of cutscenes?

I think they mean 24 hours. Though that's still great for a multiplayer game like Brawl and I'd be very, very happy with that.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
Not that I can't see the possibility of the game taking a total of 240+ hours to beat, but knowing the average player, they might actually fight nearly every enemy in their way, which took MUCH longer in Melee, and it seems (from the videos we've gotten) that it's still 3x faster to simply jump over them. Plus, they tend to exaggerate when it comes to these numbers, in order to relate to the more casual player. I've beaten many of my games in half the time that they say it takes to beat. Then again, I could be completely wrong with both of these points.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Don't get too excited, as 24 hours is over the top for a game like Smash brothers. 24 hours is like how long it takes to beat Paper Mario, and thats a simple RPG. 240 though? No one better be fool enough to believe that lolz

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
240 hours is possible under very liberal conditions. Suppose subspace is 5 hours on normal completion, and there are 48 characters (just as an example). You have your normal play through, but each level has secrets that only specific characters are able to access in a form of Free Play reminiscent of Lego Star Wars. That would add up to 240, but it wouldn't make the actual story 240 hours long. This would be consistent with what that 2ch post said and a reasonable interpretation.

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
I can see it being true.

In first playthru you win as Mario and save Peach; next playthru you win as Mario and save Zelda, next playthru you win as Kirby and save Peach, next playthru you win as Kirby and save Zelda and etc etc till you get 240 hours.

KillerTEC

Smash Rookie
I thought you had to use certain characters in certain areas?

ex. Petey pirahna battle you use Mario or kirby...

well if 240 hours is the case and famitsu also said it takes 2-5 HR. to beat it one time there would be 48-120 characters...wait I get it now nvm:psycho:

Top Bottom