• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

240 hrs to beat SSE w/ All Characters

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
Assuming SSE takes 8 hours to beat.
Also assuming that once you clear it once, you can replay through as any character you want.
Assuming we have at least 30 characters...

8x30 = 240 hours
More characters = shorter SSE, etc

It's not THAT outrageous.
I doubt he would expect anyone to do it, though. Especially not for a character unlock. Super rare trophy maybe.

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
Didnt anyone read with translation? when i used the translation thingy, it did not say 240 but 24.? or did i missinterpent the whole thing? its early and im freezing to death. freakin cold norway!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's real but the 'with all characters' doesn't sound right.. I always thought that there would be set teams etc.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I can imagine it taking 20 or so hours depending on how "open" the game is (in respect to visiting whatever place you want at any time, albeit one spot continues the main story), and we can be sure that more than once you'll have to choose between 2 characters (saving zelda or saving peach), then replay the game, which is 40 right there.

But 240 is still WAY out there. I mean, 240 hours is easily accomplished in VS mode, but single player is completely different.

Even so, the longest RPG I ever played was a bit over 100 hours, and that was FFXII, mother****ing 12 MILLION HP monsters........

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Assuming SSE takes 8 hours to beat.
Also assuming that once you clear it once, you can replay through as any character you want.
Assuming we have at least 30 characters...

8x30 = 240 hours
More characters = shorter SSE, etc

It's not THAT outrageous.
I doubt he would expect anyone to do it, though. Especially not for a character unlock. Super rare trophy maybe.
You're forgetting that there are many character combinations and paths to choose.
With lets say, I dunno 45 characters persay (only an example)
The following example uses Choice and Outcome.

1 = 2, 3 11 = 12, 13
2 =3, 4 12 = 12, 14
3 = 4, 5 etc.
4 = 5, 6
5 = 6, 7
6 = 7, 8
7 = 8, 9
8 = 9, 10
9 = 10, 11
10 = 11, 12

Now, if 4 people play the SSE on different Wiis around the world...
Will each person recieve a same outcome?
No, nobody will.

I'll name them John, James, Jill and Sakurai
They play SSE for 5 characters.

John: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
James: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8
Jill: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Sakurai: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Each sequence or part might be longer then another outcome.
So to say it would take 8 hours would be pointless.

Seeing as though we don't have the final character roster, it is impossible to predict the amount of time it takes to beat the SSE mode.

quithas

Smash Cadet
Im hoping this is true because this game will keep me occupied for a long *** time.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding me!?!?!? They could have just made this game a single player and it would have still done fantastic but making a 240 hour long 1 player mode WITH multiplayer matches and more!?!?!?!
Th- This is madness!!!
Sakurai- " No. This is Brawl!!"

Aaagh!!! March 9th is soooo far away!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
My speculation: SSE is like a choose your own adventure game. You don't stay the same character after every fight. So I don't get what you mean w/all char.
This, you don't choose your character. So how will this work? I don't get it at all, and I think it's lies.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, I have, but I don't think they would make an FMV cutscene for every character possibility... it's just too much :-/

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
This, you don't choose your character. So how will this work? I don't get it at all, and I think it's lies.
I think it's refering to how you get a different story cutscene depending on your "choices" throughout the game. Ex: If you would attack Zelda's cage at the begining I'm pretty sure you would see peach turned into a trophy instead.

W/ all characters means going through it multiple times picking different "choices" allows you to play as the other characters. Ofcourse this is just a theory.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
the cutscene are real time graphics not FMV so making a cutscene would be easy
Seriously? They sure as hell don't look it...

I think it's refering to how you get a different story cutscene depending on your "choices" throughout the game. Ex: If you would attack Zelda's cage at the begining I'm pretty sure you would see peach turned into a trophy instead.

W/ all characters means going through it multiple times picking different "choices" allows you to play as the other characters. Ofcourse this is just a theory.
That would be cool, I still think 240 hours is far too long for that though. More like 24.

And if you ask me, this kind of supports the "only 30 characters" theory.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
assumeing there are endings depending on the exact character you mained, and that famitsu said that it would take 2-5 hours to complete a solid run through.

240H divided by 5H each run through=48 characters with specific endings
and this is saying you are bad at it. so i would assume that 48 characters would be the roster size, but as for play time it can very well change drasticaly. but still, around 50-70hours or more!? that still freaking insane for a multiplayer based games single player...that is a platformer!

also, this isnt even inlcudeing the difficulty changes, it may well still take 240 hours for use good smashers!!!

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
God do I hope that if SE is that long I can unlock everybody quickly. If it is ungodly hard/ takes a long long time to unlock everything I'll be unhappy. This game is about multiplayer, and having everything unlocked quickly is important.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I don't even think I have the attention span for that.
I do!!!! Jesus tap-dancing Christ, if it really is 240 hours worth of one player adventure, this game will eat my entire March break. Not that I was doing anything else mind you lol.

With all the different paths in the game, possibility of more fights once characters are unlocked.... I could see how there would be so much time in it.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I really, really doubt it's like that. It's probably one game, but there are different paths to go on depending on the character chosen... how could you possibly start it with each character? The beginning we've seen has Kirby and Mario - now, do you honestly think each seperate character is going to have new cutscenes? Doubtful.

Honestly, I think you play and play until you get to a point where you cannot continue, due to needing to unlock a character with another mode. Only when you get all the characters are you able to complete SSE.

Just a thought.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, once you beat SSE once with the predetermined character combinations allowed, you can go back and replay it and/or the levels again with any characters, unlocking new stickers/trophies with each character, thus being 240+ hours.
Well, if it's true, I think this idea is most probable

And 240 hours? That should mean 40+ characters right?

And what if you had to beat it with every character to get the last character? It would take me 6 months to get them all!

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it's true, I think this idea is most probable

And 240 hours? That should mean 40+ characters right?

And what if you had to beat it with every character to get the last character? It would take me 6 months to get them all!
lol, yeah suddenly the idea Sakurai had about getting characters through SSE doesn't seem so good anymore...

If it really is 240 hours long I'm going to scrap my idea of playing through it on normal first to get the general "feel" of it and dive right into intense.

Maybe this is why Sakurai included golden hammers for the challenge mode? lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the storyline won't be that long, and the story is one story with every character involved. As for this 240 hours thing, I think this is exaggerated greatly and that this might be referring to getting every subspace trophy and getting every character you can from there.

Top Bottom