• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Metatitan

Smash Master
i don't see how the onion has any relevance to my post XD.

But that's like saying Falco's laser's aren't as fast as they were in melee, and had much more placing on all of falco's approaches and such. Boost smash doesn't help falco etc. etc.

I can say this, but i don't do these techs and I'm only a mid level falco. Kismet2 practiced and perfected these steps and it's helped his falco become national level.
Unlike DR, most Dacuses are useful. They slide way further and first off, Falco's is just awesome, you can just do a dash attack and up smash in the same blow (lucky *******s).

Falco's lazers are not as fast because brawl is not as fast as melee, this is something you should have thought about before posting that comment. Brawl is campier than melee which is why they are so good now.

DR is a tech that sounds very nice on paper. Thinking of something that can give yoshi a tad more spacing and mindgames sounds wonderful indeed but DR just does not cut it in top competitive play with yoshi. I've had a lot of people tell me I hate DR: I do not hate DR. I really wish DR was good but it just isn't.

If someone can post hard evidence on how DR is so good, be it footage against an amazing player and DR makes all the difference in the match, or whether it be tournament results I will GLADLY take back anything i said about DR. I actually would LOVE to be proven wrong and have DR useful. It would only help me in the long run, but as is not, no it is not useful.

I'm personally too lazy to post every reason why I think DR isn't useful, but here are a few. Based on a lot of footage I've seen (primarily footage of scatty), places where DR is used a pivot grab would have been a MUCH better option. Despite the spacing DR gives, F Smash is still a laggy attack. Nothing will change that.

DT cg's aren't that useful because players have been seen to break out after one pummel at extremely high %'s, meaning that an extra 2% (which I am told the DT cg gives 2 more grabs) really isn't work learning this tech for. I've heard a lot about DT cg to down smash. This is honestly the only legitimate reason I see for anyone wanting to learn DR, to help freshen up their up smash. I personally at mid-high %'s will just dash attack from release instead, tt's only a 5% difference, not a big deal.

Wavedashing in melee from what I've been told was used for three things, comboes, spacing, and instant ledge hog. Well comboes don't really exist much anymore and DR doesn't make any new comboes, instant ledge hog is now possible and you can space just fine without DR.

These are just some off the top reasons i came up with in my head, I hope they answered any questions you had about why I think DR is not worth learning :). I don't hate the tech and I believe further research should go into it because we really could find something big. If DT cg to F smash worked than i would TOTALLY learn it. But it doesn't so I wont.

Also the onion was brought up because your name came from an episode of theirs :)
I personally prefer the hollow point bullets one instead but all their satire is very well done.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It does work Meta. DT Fsmash. On some chars, just not Meta and Falco.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Any characters that are worth learning it against? I wouldn't really consider learning it to get a forward smash on ganon for example.

bigman40

Smash Master
Free Fsmash on Lucas from anywhere. Fsmash on MK over the ledge (we win all options but airdodge, and if he does this, then we're unpunishable). Fsmash on Squirtle. Fsmash on Wario out of release.

But you know what> DR/DT ****ing sucks so don't even learn it cause it's a waste of everyone's ****ing time.

Depster

Smash Champion
Oh just Dsmash and the tilts I guess. Anyway, when I think about it, I feel like I'm doing Yomi subconsciously. I think about my past matches then think about what I do when they do then what I do and stuff. It just kinda comes to my mind after reading this XD

Metatitan

Smash Master
Free Fsmash on Lucas from anywhere. Fsmash on MK over the ledge (we win all options but airdodge, and if he does this, then we're unpunishable). Fsmash on Squirtle. Fsmash on Wario out of release.

But you know what> DR/DT ****ing sucks so don't even learn it cause it's a waste of everyone's ****ing time.
You've already said that. Your sarcasm is easily noted so stop the flaming please. I'm entitled to my own opinion as are you. Anyways we do just fine on lucas and squirtle without the F smash and wario doesn't require DT at all so personally I don't see a reason to learn it.

It's my opinion now stop pouting about it. It's also my opinion that camping is needed while it is yours that it is not. We have different views and we know that so there really is no reason to get nasty about it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
He was being sarcastic? I thought he was serious. ._.

...lol sarcasm on the internet.

Depster

Smash Champion
He was being sarcastic? I thought he was serious. ._.

...lol sarcasm on the internet.
Yeah I actually didn't get it the first time and thought he was just mad, but after the last one I knew it! Don't do it to us though Scat, it's hard to get sarcasm on teh intrawebz .-.

bigman40

Smash Master
Who said I was being sarcastic? I really don't give two ****s anyway. I'm just going with what the ****ing majority wants. and the Fsmash on wario isn't about the DT. I just felt like listing it cause no one does it yet, we all know that we can ****ing infinite wario.

Depster

Smash Champion
The ad at the top of the page is talking about Hand Jobs...

On topic though, there should just be like an uber Proshi board for people that use DR so that people can't flame whenever people talk about DR =0

Metatitan

Smash Master
The ad at the top of the page is talking about Hand Jobs...

On topic though, there should just be like an uber Proshi board for people that use DR so that people can't flame whenever people talk about DR =0
Why would we make a proshi board? What good would come of it if only bwett pride stocky and green ace were allowed to talk lol (and edrees in a few weeks cuz hes so pro at this game). Discussing DR's uses should be left to the DR thread. All I'm saying is until the majority of high placing yoshi mains learn DR it should be left out of matchup discussions :)

After all only me and Veril performed perfect rests so people just ignored the parts about perfect rest that he would mention in matchup discussions. Honestly the only two chars I can think of that perfect resting absolutely ***** is yoshi and jiggs because they are so easy to rest.

bigman40

Smash Master
there's no point to making a board for DR when I'm the notable Yoshi using it in tourneys (not only that, but if other people use it, there isn't even vids of them using it recently). That's just making a ****ing waste of space

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well... Yoshi really now IS the 6th worst character in Brawl, so the topic title kind of counts. XP

...Still. It's too bad he didn't move up more. Oh well. :ohwell:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, it was kind of impossible for him to go down. He's in a different league than the likes of Link and Captain Falcon.

Anyways, we're getting off topic. If we want to discuss Yoshi's tier-list placement we should go do it at the FAQ thread.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Okay, enough about DR.

Also, please redirect tier stuffs to the FAQ/general/matchup threads.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi has never really excelled in any smash game, mabey 64 but not many people play that. He was average in 64, not good in melee, and not good in brawl. But who cares, he's the cutest char in brawl right?
Yoshi is a lot better in Brawl than Melee.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
Great thread, thanks for the Yomi explanation :3
*thinking of picking Yoshi up

=========
on Doritos:

Cooler Ranch Doritos are like that one night stand with that totally hot chick you talked with at last night's party. Yes, it was amazing, but there is such a thing as 'too much' with this girl.
Nacho Cheese is the girl you end up marrying. Nacho cheese is the girl you go to bed with every night, making passionate love with each night, for the rest of your lives.

*Disclaimer: Any assumptions about marriage or girls may not apply in real life. Do NOT try this at home, unless with a hired professional. :p

Smokin' Cheddar BBQ is having the best of both worlds and then some. ;D

Metatitan

Smash Master
Great thread, thanks for the Yomi explanation :3
*thinking of picking Yoshi up

=========
on Doritos:

Cooler Ranch Doritos are like that one night stand with that totally hot chick you talked with at last night's party. Yes, it was amazing, but there is such a thing as 'too much' with this girl.
Nacho Cheese is the girl you end up marrying. Nacho cheese is the girl you go to bed with every night, making passionate love with each night, for the rest of your lives.

*Disclaimer: Any assumptions about marriage or girls may not apply in real life. Do NOT try this at home, unless with a hired professional. :p

Smokin' Cheddar BBQ is having the best of both worlds and then some. ;D
You should totally pick yoshi up! We've stolen one peach main, why not steal another!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Wow, I need to catch up badly

Though it seems like Yoshi isn't any higher when I left...

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Who said you could use my emotes when I was gone?
Well, since we didn't know if you'd ever be back, and I thought your emotes were too awesome to never be used again and just disappear (which they presumably would have, if you never returned), I decided to use them once in a while. Since this is the internet and I can't determine your tone, I will say that if you seriously object to my using them, I will stop.

Top Bottom