2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
User was warned for this post.
Ok on Syria, I think that the right move would've been withdrawing entirely and not just from the Northern region and moving our troops. The troops should have been sent home.
Why do you think that? Do you not care about our oil and keep isis in check?

Qualk Qualk this comment was insufferable. You just copied and pasted debunked article the guy above you said and you are an obvious hardcore democrat. There’s literally no point in addressing those points, I’d be talking to a blue brick wall. The bigger question is what is it personally you don’t like about trump?
Also, you democrats have made become more authoritarian minded. On a political scale, I’m about (1,1.5) - this means I lean right on economics while I lean almost center on authoritarianism. It’s a really cool scale. So....
X axis deals with economics. -4,4 scale. -4 being communist. 4 being unregulated capitalism. Bernie is like -2.5.
warren is -2.0. Maybe -1.5. Biden/klobuchar is probably a -.5 if not 0.0/.5
Trump is like 2.5...maybe 3.0. I’m 1.0. So I believe strongly in a free market and I lean more towards trumpian economics. However I do believe in an economy that’s competitive. So a progressive corporate tax rate starting at 20% that goes all the way up to 50%. As well as having strong anti trust laws. Any company that owns more than 50% of market share must be broken up. Plus I’d institute a social healthcare plan that be based on income ranges. So liberal economic plans like this boost me down.

The Y axis is government authority/control.
-4,4 - negative 4 being anarchy while 4 is like Stalinist Lenin or nazi.
And I’m 1.5 about. Most democrats are like automacatically above 0.0 since their leftist policies require more central planning. I’m authoritarian not because much of government control...but government enforcement. Strong laws on such like respect to authorities/leaders. Strong law enforcement. Strong military. Strong but fair drug laws. Ethic laws. Here’s a good one. If a citizen cussed out a president in his/her face. They have the right to Sentence that citizen into jail on spot. I’d also require government sanctioned protest ONLY. Illegal protesting or riots would not be tolerated Etc. SJWs would have no place in my country. Like any sort of leftist movements would be squashed. I know how leftist people operate. A lot of them only listen to fear. Neo liberals would be squashed and sub dued. Idk what the heck progressives would do. On one hand, they’d get their little free healthcare but they’d despise how right wing/conservative my government is.some Centrist, apolitical, some right wingers, conservatives, classical liberals and to some extent technocrats would probably be the only type that could live peaceably in my country.

went on a tangent but yeah.

Sucumbio Sucumbio I’ve made my case for trump numerous of times. You just support dems because of Obama loyal factor. I can’t blame you. I used to admire Obama and to some extent still do....but I’ve seen how the deep state has corrupted him a little.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Powerslave
While I agree the DH of old was far more strict we decided several years ago to loosen the standards and dropped admittance requirements so that we could have more participants who weren't necessarily Uber grammatical or necessarily staunch readers / political scientists / philosophically minded.

But it's been changed back so as it sits this parent forum is more about serious discussion topics. The DH proper which is a sub section does actually require admittance which stems from advocacy from DH members. Given your statement I understand you do not advocate for J.I.L

J.I.L J.I.L the problem isn't your lack of a position it is that your position is Trump is right because he says he is. Just about every point he's brought to us on Twitter (lol seriously? What an ass) is either just wrong (which is why it's constantly being fact checked) or worse, sounds so good that people don't question it. Herd mentality! Basically he drummed up all this support by playing to the bigots of the country and old people while the rest of us are stuck. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but I for one can't just believe everything is okay when dumb **** like that cop shooting a woman through her window happens. Once is enough but it keeps happening over and over and over again. It's not right. America elected a black president and the salt was so deep that now these crackers can finally act the way they want. Look at the districts that support him. And it is a good thing he's finally being impeached. Should have never been allowed to take office seeing as without Russia's interference he'd have lost (though admittedly Hilary would have been a different kind of suck.)

J.I.L

While I agree the DH of old was far more strict we decided several years ago to loosen the standards and dropped admittance requirements so that we could have more participants who weren't necessarily Uber grammatical or necessarily staunch readers / political scientists / philosophically minded.

But it's been changed back so as it sits this parent forum is more about serious discussion topics. The DH proper which is a sub section does actually require admittance which stems from advocacy from DH members. Given your statement I understand you do not advocate for J.I.L

J.I.L J.I.L the problem isn't your lack of a position it is that your position is Trump is right because he says he is. Just about every point he's brought to us on Twitter (lol seriously? What an ***) is either just wrong (which is why it's constantly being fact checked) or worse, sounds so good that people don't question it. Herd mentality! Basically he drummed up all this support by playing to the bigots of the country and old people while the rest of us are stuck. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but I for one can't just believe everything is okay when dumb **** like that cop shooting a woman through her window happens. Once is enough but it keeps happening over and over and over again. It's not right. America elected a black president and the salt was so deep that now these crackers can finally act the way they want. Look at the districts that support him. And it is a good thing he's finally being impeached. Should have never been allowed to take office seeing as without Russia's interference he'd have lost (though admittedly Hilary would have been a different kind of suck.)
Did you just call someone a “cracker” looool. Woah. Someone is really upset. Dude, you really got to get your head out of the liberal news’ buttocks. But first of all, I thought you were Asian. I’ve only seen black refer to whites as “cracker”. Most Asian id assume could give a dam about these type of issues. Because they are too busy having heads in the books, studying and getting g themselves in good schools and making good money while having commendable ethics and values.

but anyway, the liberal news is turning you into an esutanched TDS zombie. You need to chill. Also, debate hall proper? What is this? Not like I’m interested in joining a group where I need to be “accepted” by some randoms online who think they are smart. Lol. But I am curious as to what it is.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Powerslave
Heh not to nitpick but Asians aren't all studious bookworms. I was raised by a blue collar father and housewife mother (she's the Asian in the equation I'm half Chinese). Point being yes I condemn white nationalism, I condemn positions of power achieved by standing on the backs of the poor, and on minorities.

I don't read just left leaning news btw. I also attend to Fox, the Washington Examiner and other right leaning news sources. Honestly AJ and BBC are better at balanced news sourcing but that's another discussion methinks.

Um, well at the top of the forum you should see a subforum which is the Debate Hall. It's closed to posts expect from those who are Smash Debaters. If you were to become interested in posting there we can discuss it.

Alicorn

Queen of Koopas
Premium
Trump barely won the 2016 election, ever since then he had spent almost half a billion dollars on ad campaigns to sway public opinion. Trump approval rating have fallen, his trade war has hurt his base and his failed campaign promises has hurt people's faith in Trump. In 2016 he promised us a wall not a fence, Its one of his central campaign promises, he failed. Trump promised to bring our troops home, he pulled troops out of Syria betraying our allies and sent more to Saudi Arabia betraying his campaign promise of bringing troops home. Our soldiers are no longer fighting for the people or the Constitution but wealthy foreign princes. Trump turned our military into a mercenary company. If that wasn't enough he took money from military families to fund his Wall vanity project.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ecurity-families-foot-bill-column/2325586001/

His trade war is hurting businesses and farmers which make up a good portion of his base.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mayrar...farmers-banks-and-state-coffers/#554160085140

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
but anyway, the liberal news is turning you into an esutanched TDS zombie. You need to chill. Also, debate hall proper? What is this? Not like I’m interested in joining a group where I need to be “accepted” by some randoms online who think they are smart. Lol. But I am curious as to what it is.
Are you... okay?

link2702

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post.
Ya'll are wasting your time with J.I.L, I've realized that particular user does not want a civilized debate. Everything that isn't praising trump is "leftist propaganda" or "fake news."

I realized in another topic there's just no reasoning with him to have a civilized discussion on any subject, which is why I also realized it's just better to put him on ignore.

Sometimes some people are just too far gone and beyond saving from cult-mentality. J.I.L is one of those people.

J.I.L

Ya'll are wasting your time with J.I.L, I've realized that particular user does not want a civilized debate. Everything that isn't praising trump is "leftist propaganda" or "fake news."

I realized in another topic there's just no reasoning with him to have a civilized discussion on any subject, which is why I also realized it's just better to put him on ignore.

Sometimes some people are just too far gone and beyond saving from cult-mentality. J.I.L is one of those people.
Strong Bad Strong Bad Isn't this against the rules? disparing another user?

Sucumbio

Smash Powerslave
Just use the report feature in the future and to everyone let's not call each other out pls and ty.

link2702

Smash Champion
Strong Bad Strong Bad Isn't this against the rules? disparing another user?
It’s also against the rules to constantly attack and belittle others the way you do in your posts, but that hasn’t stopped you from doing it. Multiple times you’ve belittled and talked down to folks who don’t share your opinion, and now you’re trying to play the victim card.

Anyway I’m done, I’ve given my viewpoint on the matter, mods can delete my posts give out the infractions, delete your responses to em w/e, to get things back on track.

Last edited:

Strong Bad

Journey
Administrator
Premium
GRimer
Hi,
As Sucumbio noted, if you feel a post has broken the forum rules we'd prefer if users use the Report feature to bring it to our attention. If you call users out inline, it both disrupts the flow of the thread/discussion and depending on the tone can classify as flaming or spam. I've handed out a couple warnings, and I'd like the discussion to go back on track. If I'm not mistaken, a Democratic Debate occurred last evening, so there should be plenty to discuss. I didn't catch it personally or I'd make some attempt at engaging here.

Qualk

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
The bigger question is what is it personally you don’t like about trump?
-His child separation policy at the border. Cruel and unnecessary. It is 100% legal for people to come into the US and apply for asylum and to suggest otherwise is simply unamerican. This policy will create a generation of psychologically damaged people.

-The 10,000 plus lies he's told since getting inaugurated in person and on twitter. Obviously every president has exaggerated or fudged some numbers to make a policy point look better but the extent to which trump lies is unforgivable.

-The mentality that "If the President does it, it's not illegal". It's absolutely ridiculous. There's no question he obstructed justice on multiple occasions. Obstruction of justice is itself a crime, regardless of if there are any underlying crimes (there are).

-The blatant racism. Too many instances to count.

These are just the most egregious offenses but there's so many more.

I'd like to know your opinion on the child separation policy. I'm legitimately curious at how someone would defend that.

Alicorn

Queen of Koopas
Premium
-His child separation policy at the border. Cruel and unnecessary. It is 100% legal for people to come into the US and apply for asylum and to suggest otherwise is simply unamerican. This policy will create a generation of psychologically damaged people.

-The 10,000 plus lies he's told since getting inaugurated in person and on twitter. Obviously every president has exaggerated or fudged some numbers to make a policy point look better but the extent to which trump lies is unforgivable.

-The mentality that "If the President does it, it's not illegal". It's absolutely ridiculous. There's no question he obstructed justice on multiple occasions. Obstruction of justice is itself a crime, regardless of if there are any underlying crimes (there are).

-The blatant racism. Too many instances to count.

These are just the most egregious offenses but there's so many more.

I'd like to know your opinion on the child separation policy. I'm legitimately curious at how someone would defend that.
Trump also is burning bridges with our allies, he started a trade war with China, Canada, Mexico the EU. He also betrayed the Kurds, sending near double the amount to Saudia Arabia, which is two faced because he said he was "Putting an ending to these endless war" He then said he did it because the Saudis pay well. So he betrayed our ally for money. Then there is the stuff with Russia.

Any well informed American would know that Trump is not fighting for America he is fighting for himself. Trump winning a second term is highly unlikely, because there were many factors that led to Trump's win and he barely beat Hilary. People's feeling for Trump have soured since 2016.

Warren or Biden are pretty much have nothing to worry about, Trump's actions are irredeemable at this point.

link2702

Smash Champion
Warren or Biden are pretty much have nothing to worry about, Trump's actions are irredeemable at this point.
while everything you said is true, just remember we all thought this same thing during 2016, which is arguably part of the factor that lead to his win.

Now you’d hope that after the strong showing we had during midterms where we had far more people voting than we’ve seen in decades, (mostly against trump and the GOP), that this energy would bleed off into the actual 2020 election. But if people get the idea that whoever gets the democratic nomination “has nothing to worry about since trump dug his own grave” and decide once again to sit home, we could face another term of this disaster of a president.

So in short, don’t get comfortable assuming that Biden, Sanders, Warren, whoever, has it in the bag just cuz trump keeps shooting himself in the foot.

Qualk

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
while everything you said is true, just remember we all thought this same thing during 2016, which is arguably part of the factor that lead to his win.

Now you’d hope that after the strong showing we had during midterms where we had far more people voting than we’ve seen in decades, (mostly against trump and the GOP), that this energy would bleed off into the actual 2020 election. But if people get the idea that whoever gets the democratic nomination “has nothing to worry about since trump dug his own grave” and decide once again to sit home, we could face another term of this disaster of a president.

So in short, don’t get comfortable assuming that Biden, Sanders, Warren, whoever, has it in the bag just cuz trump keeps shooting himself in the foot.
I think people learned their lesson. It is hilarious though that McConnell called the democrat's efforts to get election day recognized as a national holiday a "power grab". How can you supposedly support democracy yet kill efforts to make it easier to vote? It's just laughably hypocritical. They know the country is shifting Democrat after this disastrous presidency so if more people can vote that means more democrats voting xD!

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Powerslave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55hVhbBfNig
Hillary Clinton calls Tulsi Gabbard a Russian asset.
Why do you think she did this? Tulsi's been smeared countless times by nearly every major news outlet and now Hillary's joining in? What's the purpose of this? She's polling at like 1-2% right now.
I'm not sure. Perhaps this is in some fashion an attempt at total transparency showing that Russia not only continues to interfere but that now Trump can't say well the Dems are guilty too and they didn't say anything. That way when it does come out during the impeachment inquiry it won't be able to be used as a defense? Seems thin tho.... I really don't know what Clinton is up to.