• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If you are a leftist, you are inherently authoritarian. Every leftist policy is rooted in authoritarianism. The entire leftist political structure is to use a centralized authority to distribute things the way YOU want instead of allowing people the freedom to choose what to do with what they have.
You say that as if the right's "position" of "**** you, **** actual conservatism, give all the rich people everything" is any better

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
“Remember, it was all Trump!”
Yeah, you have no idea what stoked this. Your insane intolerance, hypocrisy, violence, and bigotry stoked all of this for years, including Trump. Trump is a symptom, a backlash against your ideology. He caused nothing, and things are not going to get any better for you now that he’s gone. In fact, they’re only going to get worse.

The corporate shill party that you’ve cheered on as they spat on you and cheated you out of elections has already kicked the far left to the curb. That you’ve normalized their cheating (still have yet to see any explanation for why certain counties in Georgia suddenly became twice as blue as LA, but only after a 4 hour “pause” when counting actually continued with no poll observers present). No Bernie or leftist will ever win again either. You’re just going to laugh and cheer as your rights are stripped and you’re reduced to living as a slave in your own home, because your masters tell you to.

This is just the beginning. Things are going to get far, far worse. You’ve succeeded in destroying America. Congratulations. You destroyed the police and evil laws that were the rules the conservatives were trying to conserve. Well, those rules are gone now. Enjoy what comes next, because YOU asked for it.
I love the projection on display here. It always is amazing how people react to situations. One argues intolerance, yet is on the record arguing such. And you have no idea what ideology I have. You just know I am against trump. But if you actually know, go ahead. I am waiting. You argue corporate shills, yet are blind to trump giving massive tax cuts. You argue fraud, but only use conjecture. You argue for rights, but support a riot. It is called double think and it is obvious you are falling into logical fallacy traps. And finally, more projection. Tell me. How the left broke everything and Trump was magically going to fix it. Using what trump has actually done. Not what you thought he was going to do. Remember, the tax cuts, the handling of covid, the lack of stimulus are all his doing. so are the child camps.

Finally, on election fraud. they counted 3 times. What you want is a revote, but this time with even more restrictions to prevent voting. You are mad because we had one of the largest turnouts in GA history and it was not for your candidate, whom incited a riot yesterday that you are completely fine with. Talk about being a hypocrite. Sitting there saying the BLM riots are bad, but now riots are good. Shame.

If you are a leftist, you are inherently authoritarian. Every leftist policy is rooted in authoritarianism. The entire leftist political structure is to use a centralized authority to distribute things the way YOU want instead of allowing people the freedom to choose what to do with what they have.
How. give examples. This is just buzz words to make you feel better. I need examples or you are just as bad as the humanities lefties you criticize so much. How is the left inherently authoritatian when we have a president who is inciting riots because he lost a fair election. (and if you say it is not fair, you have to give proof that can hold up in court 90+ times)

Yes, the "operational center of our government" that was the target of the D.C. riots. Or did we forget about the anger when Trump set the police on the protesters so he could have his photo op at the church? Just because the protesters were thwarted in getting in at the time doesn't mean that they wouldn't have stormed it if given the opportunity. Not to mention taking over entire blocks and declaring them independent zones (CHAZ etc) if we're going down the Respect Murica road.

Yeah, I wouldn't call being shot and killed "being treated fairly" anymore than I would say being beaten and pepper sprayed the same. And if we're going to say that she deserved it for illegally trespassing, AKA breaking the law, then you could say the same for protesters or those killed for resisting arrest.
Good example. we had peaceful protestors being attacked for a photo op at a church, with a really strong police presence, but a thousand or so crazy angry trump people stroll on in with cops taking selfies. Yeah. going to look at you and one was treated differently then the other. The question is how do you see it. So far, you and the other guy think that if the left is being brutalized, it is ok because muh culture war. but the right is being persecuted. One stance is unamerican. Which one are you on?

Taking your problems to the government democratically? Of course, that is the first option, but when you have an elevtion with a high amount of visible ****ery and a refusal to investigate it, what is really going to happen at that point?
Look, if these guys were out here clappin up citizens, bustin up businesses I would be condemning them for it 100 percent but I really can't bring myself to do it when they went directly to the government and put them on notice.
Calling this **** a coup is corny as hell, by the way. Americans really ruin the meaning of words when used recklessly like this.
What "high amount of vililbe something-ery". And given the recounts, and 90+ failed courts attempts, it seems like people are grasping at straws. Like the moon landing. Finding "proof" we never landed on the moon does not change the reality we landed on the bloody moon. There are books and books and books about not landing on the moon, how it was fake. But you know what. People have proved we landed on the moon. The same is for fraud. You cannot go "It happened. I know it. Muh rights." when so far 90 court cases have failed and not once has a real piece of evidence that can stand up in court has been provided. It is called chasing windmills. Or for some macarthyism.

As for the ruining of words. What would you call it? A peaceful protest that happened to break into the capital during the process of validating a new president that happened to have been provoked by the previous loser president because he is an angry baby. Wait. what is the word about a previous ruler trying to maintain power...what was that word again.

I believe it should, at the very least be investigated.
They did recounts. They listened to people about the process. They looked at videos. They took all that to court and they produced absolutely nothing that could stand up in court. Trump's team went for quantity over quality. 90+ lawsuits, no actual evidence to prove any form of fraud. Just a man, who incited violence on the capital saying he won because. Makes me think. The man who told his people to march on the capital and that they are special for breaking into the capital is saying he won fairly. Do you not see the conflict of interest here? do you not see the actual problem? Or is this a "I know he won. He has a right to do all this." kind of things?

You would think if he had real probable cause, he would have built the killer case and produced the irrefutable proof. a hunch is not proof. Saying you won because you wanted it really badly is not proof.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So, I think it's actually pretty clear what's happened. Trump... Heh. From the start, Trump gave a voice.. a mechanism for millions of American people to breath life back into the notion that some people (whites) are better than others (non-whites). He did this as has been pointed out, by rallying to the emotions and fears of people who were quelled in effect by having a black president. These people will not go back to being silent. Their most vocal and extreme members will continue to push the idea that Freedom means it's okay to be racist. We saw yesterday a man carrying a confederate battle flag through the halls of Congress because THAT is what this about. It's about restoring the status quo of old where life is normal so long as you "know your place."

The fact that so many Americans still feel better about themselves because at least they're not black - ie welfare having, drug addicted do nothing but live off of honest people's hard work - says that American society still has a LONG way to go before true equality is achieved. When every American is able to proudly stand side by side with any other American regardless of their race or background in the face of adversity, we may be able to categorically proclaim America is no longer divided by racism. But I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, I think it's actually pretty clear what's happened. Trump... Heh. From the start, Trump gave a voice.. a mechanism for millions of American people to breath life back into the notion that some people (whites) are better than others (non-whites). He did this as has been pointed out, by rallying to the emotions and fears of people who were quelled in effect by having a black president. These people will not go back to being silent. Their most vocal and extreme members will continue to push the idea that Freedom means it's okay to be racist. We saw yesterday a man carrying a confederate battle flag through the halls of Congress because THAT is what this about. It's about restoring the status quo of old where life is normal so long as you "know your place."

The fact that so many Americans still feel better about themselves because at least they're not black - ie welfare having, drug addicted do nothing but live off of honest people's hard work - says that American society still has a LONG way to go before true equality is achieved. When every American is able to proudly stand side by side with any other American regardless of their race or background in the face of adversity, we may be able to categorically proclaim America is no longer divided by racism. But I don't see that happening in my lifetime.
And remember, the "true patriots" threw the american flag on the ground for a Trump flag. That is good old "American values" right there. /s

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I can't disagree more, Trump didn't create this mess, he took advantage of it, this **** was also around during the Obama era with absolute pushback to any change to the status quo. Your casual ableism and implications of those in poverty also prove that this divide exists beyond just racism

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I can't disagree more, Trump didn't create this mess, he took advantage of it, this **** was also around during the Obama era with absolute pushback to any change to the status quo. Your casual ableism and implications of those in poverty also prove that this divide exists beyond just racism
Again, I am not saying Trump -created- this state of affairs... He gave it a voice. A figurehead for racists to follow and rally behind in the name of Free Speech. And I'm not implicating minorities or poor people I'm summarising what Trump's followers believe those people truly are and just couldn't say so other than in private. He made it okay to be racist again. That's what he meant by making America "Great" 4 years ago. Make America whites only Again. Make America a country where whites enjoy privilege, and blacks enjoy the leftovers. Reverse the headway made by finally getting a black man to the white house. And what's brain meltingly idiotic is his push for reinstituting segregation based ideas effected more than just black people. His border wall and other immigration policies, his punishment at the border by sperating kids from parents etc... It flew so far under the radar that he had support from other mexican americans!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Casual ableism? What does that even mean? We know most of these attitudes have been around since the 60s, only being allowed to flourish due to Trumps brashness.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I think she means my take on the situation is apologist in nature, shifting the blame from millions to just Trump. That I'm advocating this country's sharp divide is the responsibility of one man who enABLEd everything else. This is not correct. (And if I've misconstrued the response I apologise). Bottom line is that these people were already bigots. What they didn't have before 2016 was the POTUS egging them on. Using them to win, etc.

Think of it like this: if Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush had won the primary, and somehow beaten Hillary Clinton, there'd be no Proud Boys. No Qanon, no border wall. To say nothing of the enormous chance increases to our country's pandemic response being successful instead of running behind the ball but never catching it.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I think she means my take on the situation is apologist in nature, shifting the blame from millions to just Trump. That I'm advocating this country's sharp divide is the responsibility of one man who enABLEd everything else. This is not correct. (And if I've misconstrued the response I apologise). Bottom line is that these people were already bigots. What they didn't have before 2016 was the POTUS egging them on. Using them to win, etc.

Think of it like this: if Mitt Romney or Jeb Bush had won the primary, and somehow beaten Hillary Clinton, there'd be no Proud Boys. No Qanon, no border wall. To say nothing of the enormous chance increases to our country's pandemic response being successful instead of running behind the ball but never catching it.
Still confused, but understanding a situation and why it happened is not apologist. That is missing the point of the exercise. And I would totally shift the blame of millions to just Trump because people tend to be stupid and will act based on orders more then on thoughts. It is very obvious from the last 20 years that people will do awful thing if they were told it was ok. Trump has been saying lots of these behaviors were ok. We had the beginnings of many of the crazies during Obama, but thinking that he is not responsible for their popularity is misguided. Trump has been stocking the fire.

Lets look back to Bush and 9/11. Muslims were everyday, normal place, not a glance individuals (as it should be) but once 9/11 happened, suddenly they were less invincible. Then we had Bush, who was hell bent on war with Iraq (Gulf War Part Duex). Bush wanted patriotic movies, media demonized Islam and because of those actions, it became more dangerous for them in the united states. Yes, we were attacked. Yes, we were mad. But I guarantee the backlash and vileness that came from the event would not have happened if Bush was not stocking the holy war fire for god points.

Everyone has evil in them. Everyone has opinions that will not be altruistic, but when people have a lightning rod that plays into their fears and hate, it grows it. Remove the rod, remove the stimulous, remove part of the problem.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Yeah. going to look at you and one was treated differently then the other. The question is how do you see it. So far, you and the other guy think that if the left is being brutalized, it is ok because muh culture war.
So did you actually read anything I wrote or are you just running entirely on whether or not I signal along tribal lines? Because I didn't say anything about brutality being ok and I'm pretty sure I was rather clear that brutality is not ok in any circumstance. For instance:
Yeah, I wouldn't call being shot and killed "being treated fairly" anymore than I would say being beaten and pepper sprayed the same. And if we're going to say that she deserved it for illegally trespassing, AKA breaking the law, then you could say the same for protesters or those killed for resisting arrest.
If you can sympathize with the summer protests even if you don't (or do) agree with the methods, but condemn the current ones as insurrections and the people doing them as evil then you are being a hypocrite. It's literally the difference between "Fiery but mostly peaceful protests" and "Violent pro-Trump supporters storm capitol and people died".
As a leftist, I'm opposed to all types of authoritarianism whether it comes from the police, the media, through social pressure, or from conservatives/liberals. And when I see liberals attempt to use traditional structures of power and oppression to punish their cultural enemies for the crime of doing exactly what they have been doing for the last four years, I'm going to call them out on it. Because that's what it means to have principles.
You keep taking this as if I'm saying brutality employed upon the current protesters is justifying the brutality employed upon the summer protesters. That's a complete distortion of what I'm saying. I'm saying that the methods of brutality employed upon protests period are not suddenly justified because it's being employed upon people you disagree with. That is hypocrisy.

Like, we've cycled from "They were armed!" to "RESPEKT DA FLAG" as justifications for crackdown without any hint of self-awareness. This
One stance is unamerican. Which one are you on?
is pathetic and embarrassing. And these are all the same rationalizations and justifications for crackdown on every left-wing protest from kneeling at sports games to protesting police brutality. You're not even delivering any real critique or justice on systems of power, but fighting over which "side" gets control of the means to oppress the other.

I don't agree with the current protesters' protesting the system being rigged and Trump being cheated because ballots were stuffed. I am of the belief that if you hold a system as legitimate, especially when your guy wins, then you must accept even outcomes you don't like. I also apply the same to liberals who have switched from saying the outcome was rigged to vehemently defending the legitimacy of the system now that their guy won. I didn't vote for either, so I can freely critique that the system is rigged by design and not in terms of ballot stuffing, but in terms of all of the things that come before a ballot is cast.

But I'm not going to cheer on leverage of the same systems of oppression to denigrate and brutalize the current protesters that was leveraged on the summer protests. And I would be surprised that my supposed allies from those summer protests are now currently defending those very systems we were fighting if I wasn't already aware of the true nature of liberals' lack of integrity and principles.

And while I don't condone violence used for any gain outside of self-defense, it's not because of a piece of paper or an inherently corrupt justice system says so. Violence begets violence and it is only successful as a mean of leverage until someone bigger and more violent comes along. And the left is historically the first group that violence is enacted upon. Violence itself is ultimately only successful when wrought upon a weaker force and is thus inherently unjust and oppressive.

And while I'm not going to let collateral damage and immoral behavior from summer protests distract from the overall goal of dismantling a broken justice system, I'm also not going to gloss over and justify innocents being harmed in the crossfire as "it was for a good cause". You can accept the good and condemn the bad in things you agree and disagree with.

If you are a proper lefty then you understand that you cannot justly wield inherently unjust systems. Alicorn is correct that liberals now dominate American culture and have control of institutions such as the media. And they've been making use of that dominance to gloss over the less savory aspects of causes they agree with while focusing on the worst aspects of causes they disagree with. That is inherently authoritarian and is an example of how liberals attempt to justify the unjust, including wielding authoritarianism on the basis that their cause is good and just.

Cancel culture, social pressure, and what effectively constitutes as public shaming are all form of violence. And even worse is that they are currently being wrought upon people that individually have no power in the case of these Trump supporters and in defense of corrupt and oppressive power. The summer protests were rightfully directed toward systems of power, but this is just straight bullying.

As Zane mentioned if you have a problem with the government then you take the fight to the government. This has been the basis of all left-wing marches on Washington, both literal and figurative. To then wield the massive social power of the MSM to paint these individuals as traitors and terrorists, and then to attempt to use the justice system you were fighting and demand enforcers to use any means to crackdown on these protests, is to engage in authoritarianism and oppression. Ultimately, the most these protests have caused was a minor delay in proceedings. And the only people that got hurt was the protesters themselves (as far as I know).

And because anti-authoritarianism is the root of left-wing principles of course I'm going to call out the rank hypocrisy and authoritarianism of liberals. You keep trying to shoehorn me into some right-wing label, but what I'm doing is applying left-wing critique to liberalism and its hypocrisy. You can't control the narrative, be the culturally dominate force, control the government, and then pretend you are some sort of perpetual hapless victim that requires immense power to be leveraged on dorks in Viking costumes.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Trump did not start this but he did egg it on more than anyone else. Trump views his supporters as tools nothing more. He can't stand them most of the time. Trump knew how to manipulate his supporters by preying upon their fears and insecurities as soon as they stop giving him money, Trump will disown them.

Trump never intended to be president in fact his fortunes became worst when he became president he is hated more than ever by mostly everyone. He is also going to be pursuit by several states for unpaid bills from his MAGA rallies and that is just the start of his woes.

The German bank was his life line and seeing how the Bank is under serious fire Trump is going to have issues securing loans in the future since no American bank will lend him any money. Putin could lend him money for a price though. Trump did have the seat of power, Trump would make a good propaganda tool for Putin. Seeing how Trump has a loyal following in the states who are willing to raid the nation's capital it shows how dangerous Trump will be after he leaves office him and his entire family is a flight risk.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So did you actually read anything I wrote or are you just running entirely on whether or not I signal along tribal lines? Because I didn't say anything about brutality being ok and I'm pretty sure I was rather clear that brutality is not ok in any circumstance. For instance:

You keep taking this as if I'm saying brutality employed upon the current protesters is justifying the brutality employed upon the summer protesters. That's a complete distortion of what I'm saying. I'm saying that the methods of brutality employed upon protests period are not suddenly justified because it's being employed upon people you disagree with. That is hypocrisy.
Fair point.

Like, we've cycled from "They were armed!" to "RESPEKT DA FLAG" as justifications for crackdown without any hint of self-awareness. This is pathetic and embarrassing. And these are all the same rationalizations and justifications for crackdown on every left-wing protest from kneeling at sports games to protesting police brutality. You're not even delivering any real critique or justice on systems of power, but fighting over which "side" gets control of the means to oppress the other.
Actually, I am arguing that people want to pick sides and use that as justification for acting like monsters to each other. I am not going to pretend like the left and right are close to similar, but I know one side has locked children in cages. The problem is that when you have groups that insist on being this divided you end up with a false dichotomy. We have a system of persecution and victimization complexes. We do know that the response to the rioters yesterday paled in comparison to the summers activities.

I don't agree with the current protesters' protesting the system being rigged and Trump being cheated because ballots were stuffed. I am of the belief that if you hold a system as legitimate, especially when your guy wins, then you must accept even outcomes you don't like. I also apply the same to liberals who have switched from saying the outcome was rigged to vehemently defending the legitimacy of the system now that their guy won. I didn't vote for either, so I can freely critique that the system is rigged by design and not in terms of ballot stuffing, but in terms of all of the things that come before a ballot is cast.
Given how most liberals basically accepted Trump the last 4 years, have accepted the new justices, etc. I would say that they have done a decent job. The issue at hand is the fact that when the election was contested to begin with, I do not know anyone who went "No. it is perfect. nothing bad happened." People were fine with recounts. they were fine with checking the results and counting all the ballots. The Republican side was the group that very vocally shouted "stop the count" and "continue the count" at the exact same time. The mere fact that we went 90+ court cases with nothing sticking is more then enough to argue that the election is not fraud. Did fraud happen. more then likely. It happens every election. wast he election stolen? No.

But I'm not going to cheer on leverage of the same systems of oppression to denigrate and brutalize the current protesters that was leveraged on the summer protests. And I would be surprised that my supposed allies from those summer protests are now currently defending those very systems we were fighting if I wasn't already aware of the true nature of liberals' lack of integrity and principles.
This is more of a comupance thing. Seeing a just deserts kind of thing. And most I see is people saying that the police response was way to small compared to the summer. I find the issue complicated. But I can say that it should be up to the protesters to stop violent/riot/bad actors. Not the police. because the moment is lost if they let that flourish.

And while I don't condone violence used for any gain outside of self-defense, it's not because of a piece of paper or an inherently corrupt justice system says so. Violence begets violence and it is only successful as a mean of leverage until someone bigger and more violent comes along. And the left is historically the first group that violence is enacted upon. Violence itself is ultimately only successful when wrought upon a weaker force and is thus inherently unjust and oppressive.
And the left is historically the first group that violence is enacted upon. I need a source on that one.

And while I'm not going to let collateral damage and immoral behavior from summer protests distract from the overall goal of dismantling a broken justice system, I'm also not going to gloss over and justify innocents being harmed in the crossfire as "it was for a good cause". You can accept the good and condemn the bad in things you agree and disagree with.
And that is a good position. But one has to also take in context of events as well as the ecosystem around them. boiling it down to it's essence will lose important data that is needed for interpreting an event. The riots/protests in the summer we because a man was killed by the police and people were tired of that happening. That is the spark. This protest was started because trump lost a valid election and has been egging his people on to dismantle the USA so he can still be god.

If you are a proper lefty then you understand that you cannot justly wield inherently unjust systems. Alicorn is correct that liberals now dominate American culture and have control of institutions such as the media. And they've been making use of that dominance to gloss over the less savory aspects of causes they agree with while focusing on the worst aspects of causes they disagree with. That is inherently authoritarian and is an example of how liberals attempt to justify the unjust, including wielding authoritarianism on the basis that their cause is good and just.
I am not a lefty. I am not a righty either. I hate those labels. I want people to be good people. Not assholes. Not monsters. Not wanting to squish others to help prop up their egos. I want people to protect the environment and think about the world as a whole. **** businesses and making money. It is never as important as nature, animals and well being. They put children in cages. I dont care who did it. That is wrong and those responsible need to be stopped.

As for them weilding a hammer, it all falls to people wanting to "right the wrongs" in a very cathartic way, instead of the right way. Yes, white privilage happens, but going around and trying to shame everyone for it is not going to win the argument. MLK did it best.

Cancel culture, social pressure, and what effectively constitutes as public shaming are all form of violence. And even worse is that they are currently being wrought upon people that individually have no power in the case of these Trump supporters and in defense of corrupt and oppressive power. The summer protests were rightfully directed toward systems of power, but this is just straight bullying.
What is bullying? I need more context here. People stormed the government when they should have stayed sound. And if we are going to argue about them being less fortunate, educated, etc. Then we need more social programs for everyone.

As Zane mentioned if you have a problem with the government then you take the fight to the government. This has been the basis of all left-wing marches on Washington, both literal and figurative. To then wield the massive social power of the MSM to paint these individuals as traitors and terrorists, and then to attempt to use the justice system you were fighting and demand enforcers to use any means to crackdown on these protests, is to engage in authoritarianism and oppression. Ultimately, the most these protests have caused was a minor delay in proceedings. And the only people that got hurt was the protesters themselves (as far as I know).
For all the previous marches, none of them tried to break into the building itself to stop an important part of the american electrical system. As for the protestors, no one wants people to get hurt. And they are lucky because police acted so poorly. Like many have stated, if it was a black riot, it would have been treated as much more of a threat.

And because anti-authoritarianism is the root of left-wing principles of course I'm going to call out the rank hypocrisy and authoritarianism of liberals. You keep trying to shoehorn me into some right-wing label, but what I'm doing is applying left-wing critique to liberalism and its hypocrisy. You can't control the narrative, be the culturally dominate force, control the government, and then pretend you are some sort of perpetual hapless victim that requires immense power to be leveraged on dorks in Viking costumes.
Is this one of those centrist things? where everything loses no matter what? The killer is no worse then the preacher kind of thing? context is almost always key in filtering out these types of events. And what are you talking about with controlling the narrative here. They marched on the capital, broke into restricted areas, left bombs, threw out flags and disrupted everything because Trump told them to. How are they the victims here? As I see it, in the summer, they were fighting for equality. Here, they are fighting for a man who put children in cages. I see a major difference.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

So apparently someone stole the House of Representative Podium and put it up on ebay and another person had flaming cocktails that were ready to go.

So the capital was not only vandalized but also ransacked. So...yeah anyone who offers sympathy to these terrorists have no respect for the country or its laws.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

So apparently someone stole the House of Representative Podium and put it up on ebay and another person had flaming cocktails that were ready to go.

So the capital was not only vandalized but also ransacked. So...yeah anyone who offers sympathy to these terrorists have no respect for the country or its laws.
The guy is pretty dumb trying to sell it. But i guess he wants to be caught. A badge of honor.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Had a few people today say to me about how what happened with yesterday's riots shouldn't affect me in anyway "because I'm not American".

No ****, it doesn't affect my daily life.
However seeing one of the most important buildings in democracy comparative to the likes of the Houses of Parliament (UK), Palais Bourbon (France), Reichstag (Germany) and National Diet Building (Japan) ransacked and such because of a group couldn't accept the basic idea of losing an election does have an indirect effect of all citizens who live in a democratic country.

Despite the fact that some leaders like Boris I don't like, I would still feel appalled to see something like that happen in a government building of a major democracy like the ones I mentioned. I'd be freaking out a bit if something like that happened to my local government buildings here in Ireland.

It's tragic and I still find it a bit unbelievable about yesterday.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
The House of Representatives it seems under Nancy Pelosi is preparing to draw up the articles of impeachment again. Trump will be the first US President in history to be impeached twice if it goes though.

Good news though Trump has been banned from Facebook indefinitely and a lot of the rioters are being rounded up by police. So that is something. I hope Alex Jones is among them but most likely not.

Dutch Raikuna

I know it's not exactly on topic but this just made me depressed thinking about it.

With Trump out, one of the biggest democratic mistakes of god knows how long is over. Unfortunately who knows when the other will ever be resolved in the form of Brexit. I've had given thoughts as well about the impact of Biden in the White House on this.

Honestly I think it'll be decades for that sadly.

At the end of the day it was English Nationalism that screwed over where I am, not caring about the fact that it risked a peace agreement that stopped decades of violence in Northern Ireland.
It was the ones who unlike my parents and grandparents didn't have to walk to school or work worrying about a car bomb blowing up or getting lined up and shot by paramilitaries. The ones on the mainland who didn't try to fight for civil rights or have the British Army roaming the streets daily for three decades, myself having been born in the final years of the conflict.

It was the idiots who was like "duh European? Me lose identity? Me no want!". What do you think would happen in their minds? Some European army burns the Union Jack and erases British culture suddenly? Oh wait, you guys did that to the Irish and almost every other country in the world!

And what pisses me off the most? Was how the vote was not done by equal proportion of the four countries (which should have made sense), of course the majority of people live in England. Any five year old who has seen a map of the UK can tell that.

I want back in the EU as already there is issues with supermarket shelves and such that not even the panic buying did and unless I can get a Irish Passport which costs a boatload, your screwed over with it all.

So congratulations Farage and all you people who supported him, cause Northern Ireland and Scotland will be back in the EU. You ripped away one from it who were more than happy to be in the EU (who is led by a very good leader at the minute) and threw a peace agreement into limbo of another because of your "Brexit will be our Independence Day!" sycophancy of idiots.

If there is one thing I'm glad about Biden being in the White House the most, it's that he'll give heavy foreign policy support to Ireland, including the North where I call home over the mainland. Biden is a very heavy supporter of the peace agreement and a proud Irish American from what I see not to mention his words were very simple to London. "Screw over the peace agreement = no trade deal."

Lastly, I'm very cross-community in my views of where I live so outside of the EU issue, I didn't really care about being part of the UK or Ireland. Brexit changed that.

Might be overreacting but that's how I feel.

By the by, I think we need a thread for non-US politics as well. Apologies for the vent but I had to place it somewhere.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The House of Representatives it seems under Nancy Pelosi is preparing to draw up the articles of impeachment again. Trump will be the first US President in history to be impeached twice if it goes though.

Good news though Trump has been banned from Facebook indefinitely and a lot of the rioters are being rounded up by police. So that is something. I hope Alex Jones is among them but most likely not.
I’m personally against impeachment which results in a removal of office. With all this crap going on and the potential for more crap (from what I’ve seen on my right-leaning friends and family on social media, they are readying for four years of resistance and revolutions) in the future; having some form of normality would help and having a peaceful transitions between two presidents would help heal the country.

Or, if we were to remove Trump, I would 100% prefer the 25th and headed by Pence/the Cabinet. Transition, healing and unity should be the primary focus. Sadly, I’ve seen a large amount of pushback that “unity is finished”.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I’m personally against impeachment which results in a removal of office. With all this crap going on and the potential for more crap (from what I’ve seen on my right-leaning friends and family on social media, they are readying for four years of resistance and revolutions) in the future; having some form of normality would help and having a peaceful transitions between two presidents would help heal the country.

Or, if we were to remove Trump, I would 100% prefer the 25th and headed by Pence/the Cabinet. Transition, healing and unity should be the primary focus. Sadly, I’ve seen a large amount of pushback that “unity is finished”.
The thing is, unity only works when both sides want it. I have yet to run into a trumppet that remotely tried to come to the middle. Most wanted to be winners. And i know if everything was reversed, trumppets would just do what they did when hillary lost. Tell everyone to get over it. Their feelings dont matter.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Trump gave a voice.. a mechanism for millions of American people to breath life back into the notion that some people (whites) are better than others (non-whites). He did this as has been pointed out, by rallying to the emotions and fears of people who were quelled in effect by having a black president.
The leader of the ****ing Proud Boys (not cursing due to being angry with you, just feel this group requires the expletive whenever it's mentioned) is Enrique Tarrio, a mixed black and cuban american.

Twitch just removed the pogchamp emoji from the site due to Gootecks going on a twitter rant about a #MAGAMARTYR, who is Chinese Mexican.

Mitch McConnell's wife and (soon to be former as of next Monday) Secretary of Transportation is Elaine Chao, a Taiwanese immigrant.

Qanon conspiracy nuttiness is absolutely huge across all of Latin and South America.

Trumpists are actually quite diverse and shockingly, a massive number of Americans are neither white nor black.

Or just look at the push back at BLM protests...a bunch of cops attacking another group of largely visually white people.

If you want the group of white people triggered by having a black president, the Sanderistas and progressives are that a way over in ChapoHouse and rose twitter.

Trump did not start this but he did egg it on more than anyone else.
No, he explicitly started this.

The head of the Capitol Police lied to congress about how prepared they were going to be yesterday.

Trump personally demobilized the hundreds of NG members that were meant to be in front of the building yesterday a few days beforehand.

They marched onto and into the Capitol building from a political rally where he explicitly told them to do so.

He has literally not once in any correspondence, whether that be via tweet or via video, actually acknowledged he or anyone who did this were in the wrong.

This was an attempted coup, by Donald Trump.

I’m personally against impeachment which results in a removal of office.
Impeachment bars the person from ever holding political office again. Impeachment means there is no 2024 run, in the dim future where he somehow doesn't spend the rest of his life in a jail cell or gets the chair for treason.

Moreover, his attempt at murdering the people capable of impeaching him was...an attempt at murdering the people capable of impeaching him. What would you do in that situation?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The ableist remark was due to mocking drug addiction and call me crazy but I think addicts should be able to get help instead of being ridiculed, especially with the welfare remark due to America's infamously awful socioeconomic climate and non US countries also having these issues

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Actually, I am arguing that people want to pick sides and use that as justification for acting like monsters to each other. I am not going to pretend like the left and right are close to similar, but I know one side has locked children in cages. The problem is that when you have groups that insist on being this divided you end up with a false dichotomy. We have a system of persecution and victimization complexes. We do know that the response to the rioters yesterday paled in comparison to the summers activities.
It should be noted that the practice of separating children from their parents and caging them was started by the Obama administration of who also deported more immigrants than any other admin. I say this because it's important to understand that both parties work together on these things for reasons outside of the culture war.

And yeah, that's what I'm talking about in terms of the culture war. It's pretty clear both sides will pick and drop positions and play the victim in order to dunk on the other side.

Given how most liberals basically accepted Trump the last 4 years, have accepted the new justices, etc. I would say that they have done a decent job. The issue at hand is the fact that when the election was contested to begin with, I do not know anyone who went "No. it is perfect. nothing bad happened." People were fine with recounts. they were fine with checking the results and counting all the ballots. The Republican side was the group that very vocally shouted "stop the count" and "continue the count" at the exact same time. The mere fact that we went 90+ court cases with nothing sticking is more then enough to argue that the election is not fraud. Did fraud happen. more then likely. It happens every election. wast he election stolen? No.
Liberals have been attempting to overturn elections since 2005, but most of them still believe Hillary was the rightful president and have spent the last four years claiming illegitimacy. And this is what I mean by hypocrisy. When you've been seriously following politics you start noticing these patterns whereby which all politicians and their apologists constantly lie out their ass. Whether or not fraud allegations are legitimate or not doesn't really matter as both parties will do everything they can to ensure that their team wins.

This is more of a comupance thing. Seeing a just deserts kind of thing. And most I see is people saying that the police response was way to small compared to the summer. I find the issue complicated. But I can say that it should be up to the protesters to stop violent/riot/bad actors. Not the police. because the moment is lost if they let that flourish.
And that's what I'm talking about. There was an unarmed women that was shot and killed by police for no real reason and the same people that went around saying ACAB and protesting police killings of unarmed people are currently acting like she was some heavily armed assassin sent to wipe out Congress. The only real difference is she wasn't on their team so they are just desserting over this. And that goes completely against everything they were fighting for. With that kind of logic you could just say that every protester who was beaten, maced, arrested, had their eye shot out, or was killed could have avoided that by staying home. Which is true.

And protesters have no ability to self-police massive crowds in frantic moments if the police who are trained to do so are unable to. Not to mention fairly dangerous to do so.

And that is a good position. But one has to also take in context of events as well as the ecosystem around them. boiling it down to it's essence will lose important data that is needed for interpreting an event. The riots/protests in the summer we because a man was killed by the police and people were tired of that happening. That is the spark. This protest was started because trump lost a valid election and has been egging his people on to dismantle the USA so he can still be god.
And that's pretty much saying "It's ok when it's a cause I like, but not when it's for a cause I don't like". Yeah, you agree with the summer protests and you don't agree with the current ones. That's a subjective bias though. And you have to be very careful when you are talking about collateral damage lest you start getting into the "necessary sacrifices" territory that has been used to justify all sorts of historical atrocities.

Because at the end of the day nobody other than the protesters and the Capitol Police got hurt. Nobody in the building was hurt and interns will be forced to clean up the mess anyways. The same cannot be said about the summer protest where two billion dollars worth of damage was accrued, the most in US history by far, and lots of innocents were caught in the crossfire by virtue of their lives being in proximity to where the protests were taking place.

It's an unfortunate side effect of any large gathering of people in this kind of context, but it should never be downplayed or made excuses for no matter what the reason is. And trying to say that one is justified but the other isn't based on your own your own subjective beliefs is basically saying the end justifies the means. And that is another authoritarian liberalism that only serves to engender resentment towards them.

Because I mean yeah, isn't Congress currently trying to steal the election? By trying to impeach Trump just days before he has to leave to ensure he doesn't get a second term in the future? Sure they have the details wrong, but it's not like getting Trump out wasn't the plan. And if you want to get Trump out then you want to keep him out, no? So why exactly is the resentment unjustified when the people who won on what was effectively a coin toss or technicality are overreaching their authority (authoritarianism) to ensure the guy who has the support of half the country can't get a second term?

Because if you want to actually see the types of riots and violence that the media and liberals are currently trying portray the current protests as then blocking the working people's champion from being able to see a second term is how you do it. And not only does it show how cowardly these guys are in trying to avoid direct competition, but it also shows how utterly deranged they are if they think this is in any way a good idea.

As for them weilding a hammer, it all falls to people wanting to "right the wrongs" in a very cathartic way, instead of the right way. Yes, white privilage happens, but going around and trying to shame everyone for it is not going to win the argument. MLK did it best.
Indeed and we are in agreement here. This is more or less the crux of my issue.

What is bullying? I need more context here. People stormed the government when they should have stayed sound. And if we are going to argue about them being less fortunate, educated, etc. Then we need more social programs for everyone.
That's because you're looking at this incident in a vacuum. You need to look at the broader history that led up to this.

I've talked about this plenty of times in this thread, but this country is in dire need of economic reform. The corporations have completely bought and co-opted every institution and regulatory body we have. And these politicians work to prevent reform while continuing to dismantle what little we have left.

And you have to understand that the liberals in the Democratic Party are responsible for much of it. Things like NAFTA, deregulation of banks and the media, globalizing the supply chain, and even contemporary ones like California's Proposition 22 that legalizes gig work and will destroy what little unions we have left. Everything from the inability to deal with the pandemic to the Wall Street crash of 2008 is a direct result from the above.

It is true that liberals dominate the culture of America today. And that is entirely from Capitalism deciding to make liberalism its new steward as opposed to conservatism. American culture is effectively consumerism at its root, so whatever Capitalism decides it likes more is what we get. That's why we radically jumped from the conservatism of the 90s-2000s to liberalism in such a short time. Because market liberalism is ultimately what gets capital more profit then the tightly regulated conservative markets of the Nixon era. Because that means Capitalism gets to outsource labor and the supply chain, engage in rampant speculation with other people's investments, and will always have an escape route should they **** the country up now that they are transnational, among other things.

Which has had devastating effects on large swaths of the economy. Certain Democratic strongholds in the Midwest have had their entire economy built around manufacturing destroyed and even the coasts are heavily divided between the wealthy and the gig workers that chauffeur them. Meaning that there are ultimately two Americas at this point and that has raised a fair amount of tension between the two as of late.

At the same time there is a culture revolution that took place where liberalism has become the dominant force. Not to say that is inherently a bad thing, but the theme I've been presenting is that dominance is what leads to oppression. When you look at the media and general culture you can see that it is almost entirely dominated by the coasts. America is ultimately made up of different regions with very different circumstances, economies, and cultures that spring up around them. So having one particular region making up everything from the media, the politicians, their advisors, and the wealth leads to a very skewed view on the country as a whole.

So you have the destruction of the Midwestern economy centered around manufacturing in the form of NAFTA which has lead to rampant poverty and all the things that brings like drugs, crime, suicides, and a general sense of depression. I actually live there so I can attest that things are just as rundown and dire as almost any ghetto or inner city out there. And yet the Dems haven't actually come up with a solution or replacement to the economy they destroyed. There best attempt is to tell everyone to learn how to code. Which is just lol.

At the same time the cultural trends are such that white people are all basically evil and privileged and attempting to defend oneself as a white person becomes proof that you are privileged and probably racist to boot. There's ultimately no winning and you are made the butt of every joke in addition to denials that you could ever be in bad straights, and if you are then it isn't as bad as x minority so you should check that privilege.

That naturally leads to quite a lot of resentment around here towards the coastal liberals. Being referred to as "flyover states" or states that only exist for them to fly over to the other coast, aka the only other relevant place in the country, doesn't help either. Which somehow manages to flaunt both their wealth in being able to fly so often as well as a sneer at the Midwest in general.

Enter Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. They are the ones who broke the political stagnation and ended up populist icons. However, Bernie was successfully suppressed by the Dems, but Trump ended up crushing the Republican establishment. Why that is the case lies in the liberals being the dominant cultural force and successfully co-opting the left while the GOP is just insane with no redeeming qualities even from a conservative perspective and just exist as a foil to the Dems.

This eventually ended up leading to the "Blue Wall" that was Midwestern states that have been blue for decades falling and allowing Trump to squeak by. Liberals have yet to recover from that and have spent the last four years painting all Trump supporters, including those in the Midwest, as these fringe caricatures of racism, bigotry, violence, and evil devoid of any sort of rationality. All representations of them in the liberal media are the worst examples of them and they have been the butt of every joke and denigration coming out of that sphere.

On the political front Dem politicians reeling from such a historic and embarrassing defeat have set about using Trump and his supporters as bogeyman to rally support around them. Their entire strategy and rhetoric has been painting Trump as traitor selling out the country to Russia and his supporters are traitors by extension. And this has trickled down in the liberal zeitgeist of whom have become increasingly hostile and narrow-minded towards Trump supporters as demonstrated by posters in this thread.

So you have a sort of two-pronged war waged by the liberal elite for decades in destroying the Midwestern economy for their own benefit while destroying them socially for social clout and political gain. And this has reached a furor where practically anything media related, from MSM "news" to dumb talk shows has some sort of negative reference to them as the Dems continue waging their economic war on the working class.

And when every facet of every mainstream or consumer media is ****ting on you in some way then is it really odd that you would retreat into a bubble? I mean the media industry, that billions of dollars flows through, meticulously turning this one group into a global pariah over cultural and political differences is pretty ****ed up, no? And to do so while covering up a continuing war on the poor that is painted as privileged is bound to make anyone want to march on Washington, isn't it?

Liberals aren't losing because of some racist caricature that lurks deep within these mysterious flyover states. Liberals are losing because they've lost the respect and trust of these groups through their rampant hypocrisy and naked self-interest. But they refuse to admit that and are instead attempting shame people into voting for them by painting the half of the country that votes against them as fringe lunatics and undesirables.

This is what I mean by bullying. Liberals are painting themselves as victims that are oppressed by these random people with no power even as liberals hold power over their economic and social well-being. Politics and culture are dominated by the liberal elite of whom makes use of that power for their own ends. Donald Trump was pretty much the one time this group was able to pull one over the liberals, so it's not really any surprise that they are clinging so tight to their one victory. You could have had Bernie be their middle finger instead, but his working class aesthetic was ultimately too reminiscent of what liberals hate which is the working class.

And the left is historically the first group that violence is enacted upon. I need a source on that one.
Is this one of those centrist things? where everything loses no matter what? The killer is no worse then the preacher kind of thing? context is almost always key in filtering out these types of events. And what are you talking about with controlling the narrative here. They marched on the capital, broke into restricted areas, left bombs, threw out flags and disrupted everything because Trump told them to. How are they the victims here? As I see it, in the summer, they were fighting for equality. Here, they are fighting for a man who put children in cages. I see a major difference.
I'm going to save these for another post. This one is already long enough and I'm exhausted.

Very briefly, the left is revolutionary by nature and thus is always diametrically opposed to power. That power uses all of its means to prevent being destroyed of which include censorship, imprisonment, and similar violent and authoritarian means. There's a reason why armed extremist militia like the various right-wing militia in the US (e.g. KKK) are tolerated, but nonviolent activists like MLK were censored, disparaged, imprisoned, and assassinated. What's most dangerous about the Left is its ability to tap into and mobilize resentment towards the system into a tangible force that can defeat even powerful systems.

Thus any leaders among the Left are immediately silenced in some capacity before they can affect the masses on the whole. And in particular obstinate and resilient forms of the Left, the liberals will team up with these militia and paramilitary forces to silence the Left by force like what happened in the lead-up to Nazi Germany with the assassination of important left-wing figures like Rosa Luxemburg. Of which those paramilitary forces often turn on the liberals and that's how we get fascists like Adolf Hitler.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The ableist remark was due to mocking drug addiction and call me crazy but I think addicts should be able to get help instead of being ridiculed, especially with the welfare remark due to America's infamously awful socioeconomic climate and non US countries also having these issues
It's not mockery, though because it's true... People really do think black folks are drug addicts or worse born prone to addiction. Do I think it's true? Of course I don't lol. I don't buy into ridiculous stereotypes because I've been there. Lived in a crack house. Held dying people in my arms. This world is ugly and ignorance will only ever make it worse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not mockery, though because it's true... People really do think black folks are drug addicts or worse born prone to addiction. Do I think it's true? Of course I don't lol. I don't buy into ridiculous stereotypes because I've been there. Lived in a crack house. Held dying people in my arms. This world is ugly and ignorance will only ever make it worse.
Oh I misread that as you saying "racists are drug addicts who take hardworking people's because they're lazy" instead of "racists believe this is what black people are like", my apologies

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Buddhahobo Buddhahobo

The leader of the ****ing Proud Boys (not cursing due to being angry with you, just feel this group requires the expletive whenever it's mentioned) is Enrique Tarrio, a mixed black and cuban american.
Precisely my point. Trump has been nothing but a bane to minority interests and yet his most violent backer is .... A minority. Talk about gullible. Who they think would be next in facist america? No one's safe because everyone can be not white enough. You didn't see any black folks storm that building....

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
People like...Joe Biden.

That’s just one. There are plenty more.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
People like...Joe Biden.

That’s just one. There are plenty more.
Thing about this type of logical attacks is for every video you post of biden, i can find one for Drump. Does not prove anything.

Dutch Raikuna

Well I just read something that will never make me sleep for the next twelve days.

With all this crap from the political fallout, a reminder that Trump still has the power to cause the sixth mass extinction with his hand at the nukes. Hopefully his remaining last bit of conscience to remember that he has kids or some **** will prevent him from all that.

What a life for him. In under 15 years he went from being given a stunner by Stone Cold Steve Austin to inciting a riot at one of the most powerful seats of government as President.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Pelosi reached out to the Pentagon to ensure he won't start wwiii. Something similar happened during Nixon's last days. Though the POTUS can decide to launch he has to be joined by dozens of other top military brass in the effort.

Dutch Raikuna

Pelosi reached out to the Pentagon to ensure he won't start wwiii. Something similar happened during Nixon's last days. Though the POTUS can decide to launch he has to be joined by dozens of other top military brass in the effort.

However he does have sole command to do so, no matter chain of command or what. That's what terrifies me.
He has the sole power to kill billions, to throw back the Earth's climate millions of years, destroy what humanity has built and wipe out the percentage of species not seen since 250 million years ago. Donald Trump is one of about five men in the world with the sole power to do that.
Difference between him and the likes of Putin, Xi, Johnson and Macron; he's very backed in the corner and very unpredictable because of his ego and base.

While I do think he barely has enough of a conscience to not do that (a man with kids no matter how f'd, must have any form of humanity left in him), I won't be sighing a sense of relief until this all passes.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That's true, he does technically remain the one person in the world authorised to order a nuclear strike. I believe they'd ignore the order, though. If this were Cold War era I'd be way more concerned...

January 20th can't get here soon enough.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why were y'all scared about Trump unleashing nukes? He loves this country, he wouldn't destroy it. Like, not even a "You don't know what that corrupt old man thinks" rebuttal would change my mind, he is literally too patriotic to nuke his own country, of which the foundations of his political career were based on hardcore patriotism.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh wow they actually went and did it. When I'd read he was back on twitter the impact from the immediate face palm left impressions of my glasses on my face. Phew thank God for small miracles.
The Left: “Riots are the language of the unheard.”
Also the Left: “Thank God we’ve made sure our opponents can’t be heard! Everything will be quiet now!”

Of course, if you were capable of logic, consistency, rational thought, or learning from history, you wouldn’t be a leftist.

link2702

Smash Champion
Well I just read something that will never make me sleep for the next twelve days.

With all this crap from the political fallout, a reminder that Trump still has the power to cause the sixth mass extinction with his hand at the nukes. Hopefully his remaining last bit of conscience to remember that he has kids or some **** will prevent him from all that.

What a life for him. In under 15 years he went from being given a stunner by Stone Cold Steve Austin to inciting a riot at one of the most powerful seats of government as President.
you can rest easy. He can't just push a button and BOOM! they're launched. He can give the "order" to launch them, but at this point I'm fairly certain literally nobody in the military would listen to a single word he would say. In fact I'm more than certain that if he even attempted to give that order, his own White House security agents would put a gun to his head and pull the trigger to stop him, knowing full well he was only trying to give that order because he's a petty whiny *****.

Despite what all movies and shows act like, the president doesn't just push a button and can set off the nukes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom