• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
S:

Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik

A+:

Peach
Jiggs

A-:

Falcon
ICs
Samus
Pikachu

B:
Luigi
Ganon
Yoshi
Doc
Mario

C:
Y. Link
DK
Link

D:
Roy
Mewtwo
Bowser
GnW

F:
Zelda
Ness
Pichu
Kirby

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
eh towards the end its kinda hard to tell but I think Bowsers Up-b OoS alone gives him the edge over GnW

i definitely forgot to put pika in A tier which was my original plan so nice catch

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Kage with that dominating 7 stock crew comeback at TBH5; beating Norcal, 4 stocking Dizzkidboogie's ICs, 2 stocking Shromed's Sheik.

Reminding all the ignorant people that have never probably even played as Ganon or against a good one that the character is not to be slept on. Mobility isn't that important when you have aerial attacks that have more range, knockback, hitstun, and disjoint than most smash attacks. Not to mention how fast all the aerials SAF and AC, even the L-cancels are fast for how strong the moves are.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Kage with that dominating 7 stock crew comeback at TBH5; beating Norcal, 4 stocking Dizzkidboogie's ICs, 2 stocking Shromed's Sheik.

Reminding all the ignorant people that have never probably even played as Ganon or against a good one that the character is not to be slept on. Mobility isn't that important when you have aerial attacks that have more range, knockback, hitstun, and disjoint than most smash attacks. Not to mention how fast all the aerials SAF and AC, even the L-cancels are fast for how strong the moves are.
oh hell yeah Kage is a monster this is why Gannon should be higher than Doc

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Matchup spread? Lol
Bowser on Yoshi's Story is pretty dumb tbh lol. you can ledge jump and immediately down smash when you land on the platform for some janky setup.

gnw rly doesn't have much going for him against most of the cast and stages.

although im biased because i've played a few decent Bowsers and not many GnW

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Bowser on Yoshi's Story is pretty dumb tbh lol. you can ledge jump and immediately down smash when you land on the platform for some janky setup.

gnw rly doesn't have much going for him against most of the cast and stages.

although im biased because i've played a few decent Bowsers and not many GnW
Bowser is jank on Yoshi's but it only helps him so much. On that stage Bowser can get rushed down so easily and be left with little to no options.

And I'm not really sure I agree with Bowser over G&W, but it could be legit. Of course I do have the Bowser player bias, but I think that if Bowser is over G&W, it'd only be by a little. (So basically your placement in your tier list is spot on imo)

JB_Pfirsich

Smash Rookie
S:
Fox
Sheik
Marth
Falco

A:
Captain Falcon
Peach
Ice Climbers

B:
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Samus
Mario
Doc
Pikachu
Yoshi

C:
Ganondorf
Ness
Donkey Kong
Link
Young Link
Zelda

D:
Game and Watch
Pichu
Roy
Metwo
Bowser
Kirby

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
My personal opinion:

S:
Fox
Falco
Marth
Sheik

A:
Peach
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

B:
Pikachu
Samus
Ganondorf
Dr. Mario
Luigi

C:
Yoshi
Young Link
Mario
Link
DK

D:
Mewtwo
Roy
Mr. Game and Watch
Bowser

F:
Zelda
Pichu
Ness
Kirby

PepaCorn

Smash Apprentice
S (Great chance):
1. Fox :foxmelee:
2. Falco :falcomelee:
3. Marth :marthmelee:
4. Shiek :sheikmelee:

A (Good chance):
5. Peach :peachmelee:
6. Jigglypuff :jigglypuffmelee:
7. Captain Falcon :falconmelee:
8. Ice Climbers :icsmelee:
9. Samus :samusmelee:

B (Could win, very hard):
10. Pikachu :pikachumelee:
11. Luigi :luigimelee:
12. Doctor Mario :drmario:
13. Mario :mariomelee:
14. Yoshi :yoshimelee:

C (Matchup specific, unviable):
15. Ganondorf :ganondorfmelee:
16. Young Link :younglinkmelee:
17. Link :linkmelee:
18. Ness :nessmelee:
19. Donkey Kong :dkmelee:

D (Bad):
20. Pichu :pichumelee:
21. Mewtwo :mewtwomelee:
22. Roy:roymelee:
23. Mr. Game & Watch :gawmelee:

E (Worse):
24. Zelda :zeldamelee:
25. Bowser :bowsermelee:

F (Terrible):
26. Kirby :kirbymelee:

Although I don't expect to see him win any Majors, I think Pichu is pretty underrated

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
S:
Fox
Sheik
Marth
Falco

A:
Captain Falcon
Peach
Ice Climbers

B:
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Samus
Mario
Doc
Pikachu
Yoshi

C:
Ganondorf
Ness
Donkey Kong
Link
Young Link
Zelda

D:
Game and Watch
Pichu
Roy
Metwo
Bowser
Kirby
few things wrong here zelda luigi mario and myabe Doc way too high Gannon puff Pika Game and watch and maybe Yoshi way too low

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
few things wrong here zelda luigi mario and myabe Doc way too high Gannon puff Pika Game and watch and maybe Yoshi way too low
This might come off as rude, but I'm sure some others, along with myself, are confused by your thought process.

Provide insight to your criticism. We won't ever know why you ramble about "x being too low" or etc. without some reasoning.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
It feels like people are droping the IC's lower but Chudat placed 7th at Evo, Nintendude has been playing very well recently, and even though Wobbles hasn't been very active he still placed first at LTC 3 beating M2K's Peach 3:1. Don't sleep the IC's and with the new v cancel this could keep Nana alive longer making them even more potent.

S-Ness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crayonshinchan32
I don't exactly have a lot of knowledge in Melee but I came up with this.

S Tier (most likely to win majors and nationals; super viable)
1 :foxmelee:
2-3 :marthmelee::falcomelee:
4 :sheikmelee:

A+ Tier (likely to win majors, places high in nationals; viable)
5 :peachmelee:
6 :jigglypuffmelee:

A Tier (less likely to win a major, generally places high; somewhat viable)
7 :falconmelee:
8 :icsmelee:

B Tier (places fairly high in tournaments and saw uses for counterpicks; semi-viable)
9 :pikachumelee:
10 :samusmelee:
11 :luigimelee:
12 :drmario:
13 :ganondorfmelee:
14 :mariomelee:
15 :yoshimelee:

C Tier (generally not good for tournament play but may have situational uses; somewhat non-viable)
16 :younglinkmelee:
17 :linkmelee:
18 :dkmelee:

D Tier (bad but not the worst, may be used if one is confident about their skill; not viable)
19 :roymelee:
20 :zeldamelee:
21 :mewtwomelee:

F Tier (absolute worst, little to no hope on having appearances in tournaments; definitely unviable)
22 :gawmelee:
23 :nessmelee:
24 :pichumelee:
25 :bowsermelee:
26 :kirbymelee:

Pichu is very underrated imo. His exceptional mobility can be made of good use.

I'm kinda stuck between Bowser and Kirby.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I don't exactly have a lot of knowledge in Melee but I came up with this.

S Tier (most likely to win majors and nationals; super viable)
1 :foxmelee:
2-3 :marthmelee::falcomelee:
4 :sheikmelee:

A+ Tier (likely to win majors, places high in nationals; viable)
5 :peachmelee:
6 :jigglypuffmelee:

A Tier (less likely to win a major, generally places high; somewhat viable)
7 :falconmelee:
8 :icsmelee:

B Tier (places fairly high in tournaments and saw uses for counterpicks; semi-viable)
9 :pikachumelee:
10 :samusmelee:
11-12 :luigimelee::yoshimelee:
13 :drmario:
14 :mariomelee:
15:ganondorfmelee:

C Tier (generally not good for tournament play but may have situational uses; somewhat non-viable)
16 :younglinkmelee:
17 :linkmelee:
18 :dkmelee:
19 :gawmelee:
20 :zeldamelee:
21 :pichumelee:

F Tier (absolute worst, little to no hope on having appearances in tournaments; not viable)
22 :roymelee:
23 :nessmelee:
24 :mewtwomelee:
25 :kirbymelee:
26 :bowsermelee:
this has got to be one of the most accurate lists on smash boards

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
this has got to be one of the most accurate lists on smash boards
Can you explain how? I don't agree, and here's why.
Yoshi is too high. He's alright, but the only reason people rank him so high is because of aMSa, who only did so well in US tournaments because of MU inexperience. I've read someone that he doesn't do as well in Japan.
Both Zelda, G&W, and Pichu are too high too. Pichu and Zelda should definitely be bottom tier, as they both have little options. G&W to a lesser extend but he's still too high imo
Bowser is too low, though not by much. I'd say Kirby and Roy should both be beneath him, but Ness and Mewtwo are fine as is. I could be biased here, but I think Bowser shouldn't be at the very bottom.

Everything else though I do agree with, not a bad list S-Ness S-Ness

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Yoshi is too high. He's alright, but the only reason people rank him so high is because of aMSa, who only did so well in US tournaments because of MU inexperience. I've read someone that he doesn't do as well in Japan.
Both Zelda, G&W, and Pichu are too high too. Pichu and Zelda should definitely be bottom tier, as they both have little options. G&W to a lesser extend but he's still too high imo
Bowser is too low, though not by much. I'd say Kirby and Roy should both be beneath him, but Ness and Mewtwo are fine as is. I could be biased here, but I think Bowser shouldn't be at the very bottom.

Of all of your qualms, Yoshi's placement may be the only relevant problem. Arguing about low tiers in this context is just a waste of time since they are so undeveloped. While there is a time for theory, discarding Bowser, Mewtwo, Ness, Pichu, Roy, Kirby, and Zelda from discussion is probably the best approach since they have no bearing on the meta. G&W, Link, and DK have more tournament data but they should probably be tossed in there as well.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Of all of your qualms, Yoshi's placement may be the only relevant problem. Arguing about low tiers in this context is just a waste of time since they are so undeveloped. While there is a time for theory, discarding Bowser, Mewtwo, Ness, Pichu, Roy, Kirby, and Zelda from discussion is probably the best approach since they have no bearing on the meta. G&W, Link, and DK have more tournament data but they should probably be tossed in there as well.
Yeah I agree. The main point was the Yoshi thing, which has been a recurring theme in a lot of these lists. Yoshi is being placed in mid to high A tier, which I think is ridiculous. Mid B tier or somewhere around there, around the same placement as Link seems more reasonable.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv

As people above said, low tiers are not worth talking about. They will never be viable. Yoshi placement can be a minor Fix, moving him down 2 spots and moving Ganon above mario are the only things worth doing to this list

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
As people above said, low tiers are not worth talking about. They will never be viable. Yoshi placement can be a minor Fix, moving him down 2 spots and moving Ganon above mario are the only things worth doing to this list
And as I have said above, I agree. I was just discussing the list is all.

|GV PMC| Nox

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
3DS FC
1934-1166-4037
S
1. Marth
2. Fox
3. Falco
4. Sheik
A
5. Peach
6. Puff
7. Captain Falcon
8. Ice Climbers
9. Yoshi
B
10. Samus
11. Pikachu
12. Mario
13. Luigi
14. Doc
C
15. Young Link
16. Ganondorf
17. DK
18. Link
D
19. Mr. Game & Watch
20. Pichu
21. Zelda
22. Mewtwo
F
23. Ness
24. Roy
25. Bowser
26. Kirby
You'd better put Roy in at least B tier, man. Roy is WAAAY too underrated.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
You see what happened was....Roy thought the Smash Bros crew were all getting together to go LARPing. So he brought his foam Role Playing Noodle instead of his real sword. Well they got to the Melee tournament and it was too late, Roy was stuck with his cosplay sword. Turns out Marth pranked him in his facebook invite to the event.

Like dis if you cry everytiem.

Last edited:

S-Ness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crayonshinchan32
Man, ranking the low tiers are so hard.

Mario - he's good man but he doesn't have any results.

Zelda - ehh she doesn't really need approaching that much as she can just apply pressure but then again Din's Fire is like the worst projectile in the game. Then her KO moves are all short ranged.

G&W - NEIN
Underrated though I don't think he's that good either.

Roy - not that bad though the others are just better than him.

Pichu - underrated. I see potential in this character but he's so freaking light. That and self-hurting moves.

Bowser - bad in everything. Sure he gets a hit and he kills you at 40 but it doesn't matter if he can't land them. 100-0 matchup Sheik's favor. Combo food for top tiers.

Kirby - also underrated. Combo ability is very good but has a nonexistent approach. Dies pretty early too.

Ness - I wanted to rank him lower than that. Unorthodox moveset, significant trouble KOing, bad neutral and terrible recovery.

Mewtwo - ohmygerd his grab game is so good but he's so light and tall and floaty

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
This is my feelings about the tier list right now:

Tierlist.png

Falcon beats Sheik/Marth/Falco and loses barely or goes evenish with Fox, and beats everybody else too

Marth beats everyone except Falcon but most of them barely, so he's below Fox, and Fox whoops everyone except Marth/Falcon/Sheik/Falco, and he still narrowly beats Falcon/Sheik

Sheik beats everyone except Falcon, Marth, Fox, and maybe IC's

Falco does bad vs Marth/Falcon and loses to Sheik but totally whoops everything below him, except A tier which he just beats

Samus loses to everything above her but not that badly, and beats everything below her (except YL and Yoshi? Idk)

IC's suck except they CC wobble / wall out bad characters and maybe randomly beat Sheik

Top Bottom