• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Please people don't, please for the love of god don't.

Don't do it, resist the obvious.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
This is my feelings about the tier list right now:

View attachment 76882

Falcon beats Sheik/Marth/Falco and loses barely or goes evenish with Fox, and beats everybody else too

Marth beats everyone except Falcon but most of them barely, so he's below Fox, and Fox whoops everyone except Marth/Falcon/Sheik/Falco, and he still narrowly beats Falcon/Sheik

Sheik beats everyone except Falcon, Marth, Fox, and maybe IC's

Falco does bad vs Marth/Falcon and loses to Sheik but totally whoops everything below him, except A tier which he just beats

Samus loses to everything above her but not that badly, and beats everything below her (except YL and Yoshi? Idk)

IC's suck except they CC wobble / wall out bad characters and maybe randomly beat Sheik
I'm sorry what? Falco and Sheik are for sure S tier. Falcon is not the top character if he is then why isn't Hax or Mang0 using him. You're sleeping on the IC's which are showing to be higher than B tier for sure I mean Mango had a close set with Nintendude. You didn't even mention why you dropped Peach and Jiggly. Considering how solid Jiggly looks when Hbox plays her. Have you seen Mac D and Armada when they play Peach they show that she deserves an S tier spot.

Last edited:

TheBaconDrinker

Smash Rookie
NNID
TehBaconDrinker
I'm going to try.

1. :foxmelee:
2. :falcomelee:
3. :marthmelee:
4. :peachmelee:
5. :sheikmelee:
6.:jigglypuffmelee:
7.:icsmelee:
8.:samusmelee:
9.:falconmelee:
10.:pikachumelee:
11.:luigimelee:
12.:drmario:
13.:ganondorfmelee:
14.:younglinkmelee:
15.:yoshimelee:
16.:mariomelee:
17.:linkmelee:
18.:gawmelee:
19.:dkmelee:
20.:nessmelee:
21.:mewtwomelee:
22.:roymelee:
23.:zeldamelee:
24.:kirbymelee:
25.:pichumelee:
26.:bowsermelee:

Last edited:

|GV PMC| Nox

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
3DS FC
1934-1166-4037
lmao get out of here with that sloppy noodle. Character has like two good moves, not nearly as mainly tools as even young link who he put in C
Roy may not have much in his arsenal, but the majority of his attacks are hard-hitting, making him worthy of atleast C. (I know I said B before, but that was a little too much)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Nah bro, Roy is straight combo food with hardly any disjointed hitboxes. The zoning and punish game is incredibly demanding and his recovery is trash. He's about average as far as agility, so he does have a chance in neutral, and his CC game is strong, but he just gets roflstomped by so many characters....

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Roy may not have much in his arsenal, but the majority of his attacks are hard-hitting, making him worthy of atleast C. (I know I said B before, but that was a little too much)
Roy has arguably the worst aerials in the game. Their disjoint is nullified by them having the lowest damage and knockback in the game. Doesn't help that they are rather slow and laggy (very high AC and SAF frame counts)

This should go without saying, but aerials in Melee are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. If you play Melee on a competent level you know this. Offensively they can be the most important aspects in the game since they have the least end lag (when LC'ed) compared to ground moves - they can be thrown out b/n platforms, used to edge-guard and recover, combo into ground moves, more aerials, KO set ups as well as throw finishers.

And that's not even addressing the fact that he's a lightweight but falls fast....meaning he's in constant hitstun AND still staying in combo range for almost the entire Melee cast like Ace was saying.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
ness turns out to be a piece of **** once you actually watch some "top level ness" or even play the character in tourney.

also Laudandus falcon is def not #1 lol

Last edited:

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
How about we talk about what it takes for a character to be S tier. I think its a good way to ACTUALLY START making a tier list that's accepted by the community.

Right?

|GV PMC| Nox

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
3DS FC
1934-1166-4037
I'm gonna start staying out of Tier List debates, I guess I just play low tier characters and are good with them. :|

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I'm gonna start staying out of Tier List debates, I guess I just play low tier characters and are good with them. :|
i doubt you are anywhere near high level if you have 3 posts

I'm actually also 13 but I got over my cockiness about being good when I actually went to a tournament. Punish Game on No DI is what I based my level on and that's pretty stupid. The closest to high level person I've ALMOST beaten in my region (WA) is like #10 (pookie) and that was in some friendly

Last edited:

S-Ness

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crayonshinchan32
Laudandus Laudandus The wrongest thing here:
WHY IS FALCON #1
he barely has any representation compared to Fox who obviously has the biggest playerbase.
he loses to almost all top tiers
he doesn't have results to back him up

Pichu that high?
Zelda is too low.
Ganon too low.
Doc above Mario.
Pika above Luigi.
ICs above Samus.
Samus go between Doc and Pika
Falco a little too low?
The D tiers are all a little too low, especially DK.

Last edited:

|GV PMC| Nox

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
3DS FC
1934-1166-4037
i doubt you are anywhere near high level if you have 3 posts

I'm actually also 13 but I got over my cockiness about being good when I actually went to a tournament. Punish Game on No DI is what I based my level on and that's pretty stupid. The closest to high level person I've ALMOST beaten in my region (WA) is like #10 (pookie) and that was in some friendly
For your information, I do go to tournaments. Besides, what does posting on a smash bros forum have to do with how good a player is? Players don't need to be on a forum constantly to become good. I've won several local tournaments. I joined this forum a few days ago to connect myself more with the smash community. I didn't expect someone to claim my number of posts indicates my level of skill.

|GV PMC| Nox

Smash Rookie
NNID
McDermottFLUSA
3DS FC
1934-1166-4037
For your information, I do go to tournaments. Besides, what does posting on a smash bros forum have to do with how good a player is? Players don't need to be on a forum constantly to become good. I've won several local tournaments. I joined this forum a few days ago to connect myself more with the smash community. I didn't expect someone to claim my number of posts indicates my level of skill.
Adding on, I have attempted to plan around school to go to a higher level tournament, but at the moment I simply cannot. Maybe sometime during a school break I can sign up for one, if there is any.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
This is my feelings about the tier list right now:

View attachment 76882

Falcon beats Sheik/Marth/Falco and loses barely or goes evenish with Fox, and beats everybody else too

Marth beats everyone except Falcon but most of them barely, so he's below Fox, and Fox whoops everyone except Marth/Falcon/Sheik/Falco, and he still narrowly beats Falcon/Sheik

Sheik beats everyone except Falcon, Marth, Fox, and maybe IC's

Falco does bad vs Marth/Falcon and loses to Sheik but totally whoops everything below him, except A tier which he just beats

Samus loses to everything above her but not that badly, and beats everything below her (except YL and Yoshi? Idk)

IC's suck except they CC wobble / wall out bad characters and maybe randomly beat Sheik
This was the funniest thing I have read in quite some time. Thank you for the laugh.

I swear half of the lists from top players make little to no sense to me
General consensus probably just put a curb on your ability to think outside the box, to be honest.

Last edited:

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Ganon can do great things vs anybody, his neutral is illegitimate af, he doesn't really have an answer to immediate or delayed attacks. He has to hard read almost everything, if he's wrong everything is super easy to DD grab, and even if he's right he has weak shield pressure. He's bad in so many ways - I literally think he loses to Pichu.

Shroomed vs Kage was a single game, and Shroomed jabbed his shield and got shield grabbed a trillion times.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I don't think Ganon can do great things vs anybody, his neutral is illegitimate af, he doesn't really have an answer to immediate or delayed attacks. He has to hard read almost everything, if he's wrong everything is super easy to DD grab, and even if he's right he has weak shield pressure. He's bad in so many ways - I literally think he loses to Pichu.

Shroomed vs Kage was a single game, and Shroomed jabbed his shield and got shield grabbed a trillion times.
So when Ganon spaces and Fair....then immediately jabs? Oh you didn't get hit by it cause you are telepathic? You somehow knew he wasn't going to back roll or throw another aerial?

How about FH Dair, DJ Dair? Did you know he wasn't going to land, and you knew that he would dair again.

All these things on paper, you can be blissfully ignorant of how brutal Ganon can be. But he is in practical use pretty scary, most people can't react to his Down B in a real match for as "slow, laggy, and useless" as most people claim it is. Yet you see top players getting KO'ed by it (locally it nets me a lot of kills, people trying to DD and WD right in front of me or used to punish a whiff). And his side B is rather safe on almost all sheilds. There are things about Ganon that make him a serious threat, there is a reason he's been so high for so long (as rated by top players).

Last edited:

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Throwing stuff when your opponent is mobile and you are not isn't a general neutral solution, if he fairs then jabs this doesn't cover any kind of common approach except grab unless he times it perfectly, and he's still in a bad position and very likely to get hit (far more likely than his opponent was to get hit by the fair in the first place).

FH dair is similar. Jump up with him, stay underneath, and attack when he lands, and he doesn't have options. Maybe he could trick you with a weird timing, maybe, but most likely he won't. Keep in mind that this mindgame is just a double-nested gimmick, and that a reactive approach handles FH dair unbelievably well (that is not a reasonable tactic at a higher level).

Down B would be better if he had any other serious threats, like Falcon does, and even Falcon can barely use it.

I don't think there is a Ganon anywhere who would beat me.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
This was the funniest thing I have read in quite some time. Thank you for the laugh.

General consensus probably just put a curb on your ability to think outside the box, to be honest.
I mean you yourself just said that was the funniest thing you've read in quite some time. I can think outside the box but I still wouldn't place Falcon first

1MachGO

Smash Ace
I mean you yourself just said that was the funniest thing you've read in quite some time. I can think outside the box but I still wouldn't place Falcon first
Finding Laudandus's salt funny is completely different than thinking half of the top players have strange reasoning.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
He lost because he didn't play Falcon.

For someone who is on the top 100 MIOM, you would think that he could be taken seriously and not lose to :ganondorfmelee: as :sheikmelee: and also not think that :falconmelee:is better than :foxmelee:.
He has more credentials than you and a lot of the people ****ing on him right now, tbh.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Finding Laudandus's salt funny is completely different than thinking half of the top players have strange reasoning.
There are a number of top players with some questionable opinions on the game, but obviously what I said was an exaggeration and a joke. I think you need to calm down a bit

Last edited:

1MachGO

Smash Ace
There are a number of top players with some questionable opinions on the game, but obviously what I said was an exaggeration and a joke. I think you need to calm down a bit
Any assumption in regards to my state of mind is on you dude.

As for "questionable opinions", do you mean opinions that disagree with a status quo maintained (primarily) by people who have been playing the game for less than 2 years? or something else?

1MachGO

Smash Ace
My tier list:

1.:falconmelee:
2.:drmario:
3. :falcomelee:
4. :foxmelee:
5.:ganondorfmelee:
6.:icsmelee:
7.:jigglypuffmelee:
8.:linkmelee:
9.:luigimelee:
10.:mariomelee:
11. :marthmelee:
12.:gawmelee:
13. :peachmelee:
14.:pikachumelee:
15.:samusmelee:
16. :sheikmelee:
17.:yoshimelee:
18.:younglinkmelee:
Bruh, Falcon is way too low and there is absolutely NO WAY young link is that much worse than Link. Also, where is Zelda???? You're missing like half the characters and only mentioned Mario ONCE.

3/10 tier list

Top Bottom