• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

MegaMagikarp

Smash Rookie
Doctor Mario is just really overrated in my opinion, if you are decent in the neutral you probably wont get beat by him. He loses against all of the top tiers. Sure he can combo a falcon or a spacie but so can mewtwo.

Its a fun character, i just dont think its viable.

With that said, i think the top 4 are really good in terms of matchups. I think the top 9 as a whole make a really healthy meta.

Last edited:

NormalWolf

Smash Rookie
S
1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Sheik

A+
5. Peach
6. Puff
7. ICs
8. Captain Falcon

A
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Yoshi
12. Dr. Mario

A-
13. Ganondorf
14. Young Link

B
15. Luigi
16. Mario
17. Link
18. Mewtwo
19. DK

C
20. Roy
21. G&W
22. Ness
23. Zelda
24. Pichu
25. Bowser
26. Kirby

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Kirby is way better than Bowser. 3 frame vs 8 frame jumpsquat, tiny vs huge hurtbox, hard-to-combo vs sandbag, faster than reaction time vs slower than reaction time, meaningful KO moves are about the same with Kirby's being easier to land, etc.

Another major where IC's do way better than Falcon. A new IC's gets top 8 and a new IC's appears in top 32.

My overall analysis for Paragon LA 2015 (mostly here for personal use):
Here's the top 32 spread for Paragon, with multiple characters being 0.5x:

1st: :falcomelee:
2nd: (:sheikmelee:|:marthmelee:|:foxmelee:)
3rd/4th: :jigglypuffmelee::falcomelee:
5th/7th: :foxmelee::pikachumelee::foxmelee::icsmelee:
9th: :foxmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee:(:foxmelee:|:marthmelee:)
13th: :foxmelee::sheikmelee::peachmelee::samusmelee:
17th::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::icsmelee::samusmelee::luigimelee:
25th::icsmelee::icsmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee:

Total top 8: :foxmelee:x2.5 , :falcomelee:x2, :jigglypuffmelee:x1, :pikachumelee:x1, :icsmelee:x1, :marthmelee:x0.5, :sheikmelee:x0.5

Total top 32: :foxmelee:x7, :sheikmelee:x5.5, :icsmelee:x4, :falcomelee:x3, :luigimelee:x3, :marthmelee:x2, :peachmelee:x2, :samusmelee:x2, :falconmelee:x2, :jigglypuffmelee:x1, :pikachumelee:x1

Visual top 8: :foxmelee::foxmelee:|:foxmelee:|:falcomelee::falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee::pikachumelee::icsmelee:|:marthmelee:|:sheikmelee:|

Visual top 32: :foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee:|:sheikmelee:|:icsmelee::icsmelee::icsmelee::icsmelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::marthmelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::peachmelee::samusmelee::samusmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::jigglypuffmelee::pikachumelee:

Paragon 2015 results tier list (IMO):
:foxmelee:>:falcomelee:>:sheikmelee:>:marthmelee:>:jigglypuffmelee:>:icsmelee:>:pikachumelee:>:peachmelee:=:samusmelee:>:luigimelee:>:falconmelee:

If Sheik outperforms Marth at both HTC and TBH5, and greatly outperforms Marth at TBH5, then Sheik is better than Marth.
If Luigi gets top 8 at HTC and/or top 12 at TBH5, then Luigi is "viable tier" and is placed above Doc.

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is way better than Bowser. 3 frame vs 8 frame jumpsquat, tiny vs huge hurtbox, hard-to-combo vs sandbag, faster than reaction time vs slower than reaction time, meaningful KO moves are about the same with Kirby's being easier to land, etc.

Another major where IC's do way better than Falcon. A new IC's gets top 8 and a new IC's appears in top 32.

My overall analysis for Paragon LA 2015 (mostly here for personal use):
Here's the top 32 spread for Paragon, with multiple characters being 0.5x:

1st: :falcomelee:
2nd: (:sheikmelee:|:marthmelee:|:foxmelee:)
3rd/4th: :jigglypuffmelee::falcomelee:
5th/7th: :foxmelee::pikachumelee::foxmelee::icsmelee:
9th: :foxmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee:(:foxmelee:|:marthmelee:)
13th: :foxmelee::sheikmelee::peachmelee::samusmelee:
17th::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::icsmelee::samusmelee::luigimelee:
25th::icsmelee::icsmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee:

Total top 8: :foxmelee:x2.5 , :falcomelee:x2, :jigglypuffmelee:x1, :pikachumelee:x1, :icsmelee:x1, :marthmelee:x0.5, :sheikmelee:x0.5

Total top 32: :foxmelee:x7, :sheikmelee:x5.5, :icsmelee:x4, :falcomelee:x3, :luigimelee:x3, :marthmelee:x2, :peachmelee:x2, :samusmelee:x2, :falconmelee:x2, :jigglypuffmelee:x1, :pikachumelee:x1

Visual top 8: :foxmelee::foxmelee:|:foxmelee:|:falcomelee::falcomelee::jigglypuffmelee::pikachumelee::icsmelee:|:marthmelee:|:sheikmelee:|

Visual top 32: :foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee::sheikmelee:|:sheikmelee:|:icsmelee::icsmelee::icsmelee::icsmelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::falcomelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::luigimelee::marthmelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::peachmelee::samusmelee::samusmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::jigglypuffmelee::pikachumelee:

Paragon 2015 results tier list (IMO):
:foxmelee:>:falcomelee:>:sheikmelee:>:marthmelee:>:jigglypuffmelee:>:icsmelee:>:pikachumelee:>:peachmelee:=:samusmelee:>:luigimelee:>:falconmelee:

If Sheik outperforms Marth at both HTC and TBH5, and greatly outperforms Marth at TBH5, then Sheik is better than Marth.
If Luigi gets top 8 at HTC and/or top 12 at TBH5, then Luigi is "viable tier" and is placed above Doc.
Yay axe got 6th (i think) Luigi better than Doc yes and all the fox's and shiek's

How many people are gonna put Falcon in top 5? I just don't see how people think this...
Falcon top 5? no way top 8? yes or top 10 depending on where samus and Pika go

I'm going to take a crack at this again. I'll post a different list. I have watched plenty of melee n stream and I haven't played that many tourneys

S Tier (can win huge tourneys on their own)
:foxmelee:
:falcomelee::marthmelee: Debatable.
:sheikmelee:
A+ Tier - Capable of placing well at super majors like evo, but hard to win
:jigglypuffmelee:
:peachmelee:
:icsmelee:
:falconmelee:
A Tier - Place decently well in majors but have some flaws. Towards the bottom - these characters place less than the top and are rare in the meta
:samusmelee:
:pikachumelee:
:drmario:
:luigimelee:
:yoshimelee:
:ganondorfmelee:
B Tier: Have many flaws, difficult to place well
:younglinkmelee:
:mariomelee:
:linkmelee:
:dkmelee:
C Tier : These characters are extremely hard to do well with in tourneys. they have humongous flaws.
:gawmelee:
:mewtwomelee:
:zeldamelee:
F Tier: Don't even bother unless you are mango or m2k
:pichumelee: or me XD
:nessmelee:
:roymelee:
LOL TIER
:bowsermelee:
:kirbymelee:
sorry for got to write the message this is good glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks Pichu is decent

How much of a change will Yoshi experience? I kind of want to see another Yoshi main
well my friend Yoshi will most likley have a high rise more mains or not Amsa's Yoshi play's to win boy

wow's me people still put Doc > luigi

Its like they're still in 2013.
Doc is not that bad just cause his only player quit doesn't mean his is bad

ok so everyones doing there lists again and they are......stable enough guess i'll do mine
S tier the big bads
Fox
Falco
Marth
shiek
S-tier good characters with one or two major flaws
Peach
puff
ic's
Falcon
Pika
Samus
A+ tier they do well but have flaws that keep them here
Yoshi
Luigi
Doc-sorry
A- tier somewhat viable
Gannon
Mario
B tier good
DK
Mr.G and W
Y.Link
B- tier still good but at the same time bad
Link
Pichu-He has somethings that are good maybe more than the ones below him MAYBE
Roy
C+ tier meh
Ness-Hbox need i say more?
M2
Bowser-correct me if i'm wrong but i think that bowser has mor mains than the people below him really does he?
F- tier Why do we need them?
Zelda-Has mains but they don't place high in majors....i think
Kirby
Hate me or like me for this list tell me if i did something wrong or is this stable enough

Made a new list:

S tier
:falcomelee:
:marthmelee:

A Tier

B Tier
:pichumelee:

F Tier

Thoughts?
Dat yoshi placement tho

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Hax$ posted his own tier list on his Twitter account. A few hours later, Hungrybox did the same thing. XP

**Note that the order of the characters in the tiers does matter.**

Hax$'s Tier List: http://twitter.com/ssbmhax/status/641008645128458241

S: Fox
A: Falco, Marth
B: Jigglypuff, Peach
C: Sheik, Pikachu
D: Ice Climbers, Samus
E: Captain Falcon
F: Yoshi, Luigi

Hungrybox's Tier List: http://twitter.com/LiquidHbox/status/641054477659717632

S: Fox, Falco
A: Marth, Sheik
B: Peach, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers
C: Samus, Pikachu, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Ganondorf
D: Donkey Kong, Mario, Young Link, Link, Mr. Game and Watch
E: Zelda, Roy, Ness, Mewtwo
F: Bowser, Kirby, Pichu

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try doing one of these for the first time. I'd love any insults or skepticism, lol.

Can take majors:
:falcomelee: = :sheikmelee:

Can never take majors alone:

Can't take majors, nor will they be seen as counter-picks:

Totally unviable:

Lol:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Shadow Light Master Shadow Light Master : There are many things wrong with your tier list. Therefore, I will not try to hide my skepticism. XD

- Your tiers are terribly named and can lead to many misconceptions.
- Peach managed to win a lot of majors alone. Sheik didn't. Mew2King doesn't even solo main Sheik. Therefore, using your logic, Sheik should be ranked below Jigglypuff and Peach.
- Young Link is a viable counterpick against several characters, namely Jigglypuff, Peach and Ice Climbers.
- Are you genuinely claiming Luigi and Yoshi are not viable? They might be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to viability, but they still are nonetheless.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I'm gonna try doing one of these for the first time. I'd love any insults or skepticism, lol.

Can take majors:
:falcomelee: = :sheikmelee:

Can never take majors alone:

Can't take majors, nor will they be seen as counter-picks:

Totally unviable:

Lol:
I agree with most parts of your list, but yoshi and luigi are doing extremely well right now, so they should be higher. Why is Samus above Ics anyway?

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I put Samus above ICs because besides beating them h2h, Hugs and and Plup have bopped the second best Fox in the world with her, which leads me to believe she's better than we think she is. But that's probably just my recency bias talking, IDK.

I guess I should put ICs higher.

Peach won majors in the past, but I think the competition has gotten too hard for her to be viable now. That's why Armada switched to Fox, and why MacD and Bladewise don't really do that great comparatively. Meanwhile, you have players like Plup really making Sheik work, to the point where they can beat gods like Mango.

The reason I put Yoshi so low is because Amsa has really fallen off, and I heard that in Japan he doesn't do as well because everyone knows the match-up. Which makes me think he only places well due to match-up ignorance.

Luigi, I don't know a whole lot about. I guess Axe does counter-pick Young Link occasionally, so maybe I should put him higher.

J-Dot

Smash Rookie
Anyone know an exact release date of the tier list? I mean, it sounds like fun being able to share your ideas about how each character stands in the meta-game, but I can't join in since the only melee experience I have is watching it on stream.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I put Samus above ICs because besides beating them h2h, Hugs and and Plup have bopped the second best Fox in the world with her, which leads me to believe she's better than we think she is. But that's probably just my recency bias talking, IDK.

I guess I should put ICs higher.

Peach won majors in the past, but I think the competition has gotten too hard for her to be viable now. That's why Armada switched to Fox, and why MacD and Bladewise don't really do that great comparatively. Meanwhile, you have players like Plup really making Sheik work, to the point where they can beat gods like Mango.

The reason I put Yoshi so low is because Amsa has really fallen off, and I heard that in Japan he doesn't do as well because everyone knows the match-up. Which makes me think he only places well due to match-up ignorance.

Luigi, I don't know a whole lot about. I guess Axe does counter-pick Young Link occasionally, so maybe I should put him higher.
Luigi has a LOT of mains that are relevant. Vist, Abate, and Eddy Mexico are just a few. he has also been playing decently well at majors, even Paragon for that matter. I put my tier list a while back, but no one noticed. I may post a new one maybe

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Shadow Light Master Shadow Light Master : Hahaha! If you think the competition got harder for Peach, you should take look at Jigglypuff instead. The Pokémon is countered by Fox, the most common character in the game. The match-up is a solid 7-3 in Fox's favor. Hungrybox says so himself. He got defeated by Professor Pro, whom is considered a much worse player. On the other hand, Peach has much less trouble against Fox. Armada only struggles as Peach against Leffen and Hungrybox. Why do you think there are many more Peach mains than Jigglypuff mains in MIOM's Top 100? MacD and Bladewise consistently reach Top 8 of many tournaments. I don't even understand how you can put Peach below Jigglypuff and Samus. This part in your tier list simply doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Prof. Pro played that game well. Fox definitely beats jiggs considerably, but how many times are we going to see hbox go toe-to-toe with the best foxes in the world before we realize it's still a very doable mu at the same time.

Fully utilizing jiggs' aerial mobility to your advantage requires excellent zoning and reaction time. It takes a lot of effort and skill to keep up but puff is capable.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I'm going to take a crack at this again. I'll post a different list. I have watched plenty of melee n stream and I haven't played that many tourneys

S Tier (can win huge tourneys on their own)
:falcomelee::marthmelee: Debatable.
A+ Tier - Capable of placing well at super majors like evo, but hard to win
A Tier - Place decently well in majors but have some flaws. Towards the bottom - these characters place less than the top and are rare in the meta
:drmario:/:luigimelee:(If Luigi gets top 16 at tbh5 then hes gonna go up)
B Tier: Have many flaws, difficult to place well
C Tier : These characters are extremely hard to do well with in tourneys. they have humongous flaws.
F Tier: Don't even bother unless you are mango or m2k
LOL TIER

Last edited:

J-Dot

Smash Rookie
How much of a change will Yoshi experience? I kind of want to see another Yoshi main

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
Doc is not that bad just cause his only player quit doesn't mean his is bad
him having barely any options in neutral game is what makes him bad, he usually gets in off of movement reads and catching opponents over extending. He just has a pretty nasty punish game. Kinda like the opposite of samus who has lots in neutral but not much to punish.

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Hax$ posted his own tier list on his Twitter account. A few hours later, Hungrybox did the same thing. XP

**Note that the order of the characters in the tiers does matter.**

Hax$'s Tier List: http://twitter.com/ssbmhax/status/641008645128458241

S: Fox
A: Falco, Marth
B: Jigglypuff, Peach
C: Sheik, Pikachu
D: Ice Climbers, Samus
E: Captain Falcon
F: Yoshi, Luigi
Hax may actually be ********.
Samus that high, Pikachu that high, Shiek so low, and Doc should be among Yoshi and Luigi
Samus, Pika, Yoshi, Doc and Luigi should be in A tier right below the top 8.

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
OK My other tier lists were a bit dumb, so here's a semi-revised one.
Spoiler so you don't have to scroll through all this just to get to the next post.
S+ (The big money winners)
:foxmelee: - He's Fox
:falcomelee: - He's Falco
:marthmelee: - He's got a tipper
:sheikmelee: - She can gimp you before you even get off the respawn platform

S (The other half of S (and a special guest), all pretty good, but not as good as those guys^)
:jigglypuffmelee: - HBox nearly won EVO (albeit with a lame strat, but hey "Play to win" as everyone who doesn't like fun says)
:peachmelee: - Pulls a stitch 9/10 times when playing against her, pull a stitch 1/10000 times when playing as her Kappa
:icsmelee: - Wobble Wobble
:falconmelee: - Not as good as he once was, sure he's still good, but has become pretty manageable from what I can see. May become a member of A if he doesn't get more rep and results in 2016
:luigimelee: - Holy **** are there some good Luigis playing today, gotta put him in here because to my knowledge, Luigi and Falcon are getting mildly the same results about not.

S- (Doc's Realm (And I guess Yoshi's as well (And I guess the S Tier waiting room as well)))
:drmario: -People are going into God damn hibernations on Doc, sure he doesn't get any results now adays, but Shroomed showed us how good he CAN be, so maybe he can just stay in "Nearly S tier" until someone starts doing amazing with him again. You can slide him on down to "S Tier Waiting Room" if you want, but Doc's got some moves.
:yoshimelee: - Amsa. Not quite S tier in my eyes because maybe Amsa is just an outlier, and once people take the Yoshi matchup seriously and go into stupid depth to figure out how to counter Joshy, maybe he won't look too good, but, as with Doc, some more rep would easily push Yoshi into S tier.

A (The specialties, those characters that, when pushed to thier limits, can reach Top 8 in nationals... but not too much else.)
or AKA: "The S Tier Waiting Room"
:pikachumelee: -Pikachu is p-gud, Axe didn't get that 4 stock in under a minutes with any old electric rat.
:samusmelee: -Can shoot missles p-fast and wall out their oponent like its god damn Smash 4, but is kinda limited, still a very good character.

A- (Mario)
:mariomelee: - Eh, Mario is A tier material, just needs a bit more rep and results. Putting him in "Between B and A" for those reasons, still has a lot of potential, and if Mang0 can do good with him as a joke, then there must be something.

B (The "lol lets see how good I can do with these guys" Tier)
:ganondorfmelee: - Biz, Eikelman, Kage, all great Ganons, but I feel we've seen all Ganons ever gunna do. So he can stay here.
:dkmelee: - DK has some viability in B list tournaments (as Green Ranger has displayed) but don't expect to do too well in nationals.
:younglinkmelee: - Young Money, got some good combos, but can be combo easily and has a pretty OK recovery.
:linkmelee: - Basically bad Young Link because hes just a bit slower then YL. But at the end of the day, pretty much the same.

Basically everything below this is either garbage, or requires waaaay too much effort to even compete because of how flawed the character itself is.

C (The "I just want these characters to be viable" tier)
:gawmelee: -I just want this guy to be good, and we can all see he has some potential, but... not being able to L-Cancel 3 of his aerials, his lightness, his relatively slow slowness all make him a very "Meh..." character. We all love to watch one, we all like to play as one, but G&W just cant deliver in a serious setting.
:nessmelee: - This kid. Basically everything about him is poopy, but... theres just something about Ness, and the way he feels when you play as him... that just gives me hope.
But other then that, yeah hes pretty bad. But hey, you could do a lot worse.)

F (The "Melee Expert Playing Against a Link Who Doesn't Know How to L-Cancel and Needs a Character to Sandbag With" Tier)
Also all of these guys are pretty garbage, so even if one is above they other, they're all pretty **** either way, and I won't be going into too much depth as to why they're ****.
:roymelee: - A bad Marth with pretty much one chaingrab as his plus.
:zeldamelee: - Terrible projectile, no combo game, poopy kill options. Just bad.
:mewtwomelee: - Laggy, floaty, big, easy to combo, light. Basically a "I Don't Want to be this Character" character
:pichumelee: - Pichu is bad. But is surprisingly like Pikachu, in the fact that, while Roy is a piece of garbage who can't combo, Pichu can actually do some stuff that Pikachu can (All while taking 100% recoil damage while only doing like, six percent)

F- (The "*shiver*" Tier)
:bowsermelee: - Laggy, slow, really slow,
ridiculous how slow this guy moves. All of his moves have a whole landfill worth of garbage frame data (except his Up-B) and a command grab that you basically have to get a platform tech roll read to use. Bad recovery, Just an all around poopy character.
:kirbymelee: - Its Kirby

Well, that's my tier list, and I think I put a little less bias and took more tourney results into consideration.
Tell me what you think, unless its how much of a **** head I am.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Please....doofuses

stop double posting...even after we told you like 10 times.

And Sammy your tier list bloweth still. Pikachu below Luigi, Doc, and Yoshi? My mom even knows better.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
not getting last place at a tournament should be a requirement for voting

technically it is i guess, since the list that matters will come from top players' votes

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
wow's me people still put Doc > luigi

Its like they're still in 2013.
The reason why I put doc above LuigI is that Doc has alot more power in his moves, can gimp easily,(used to have good reps), and he has a good punish game. Even though I am biased towards luigi more, Eddymexico, Abate, and vist wont cut it. We need better results from Luige, then i will move him above the Doc.

Last edited:

EXCITE!!!!

Smash Cadet
Any thoughts? Im open for critique

S best meta-games
Fox- obviously the best
Falco- almost tied with fox
Marth- Great spacing/speed
Sheik- annoying chain grabs/ f-tilt fair

A still very viable characters, just slightly worse match-ups
Puff- possibly the best aerials in the game
Falcon- speed and momentum=power
Peach- very quirky, with several unique tools, ex: float, turnips,

B possibly better, but lacking in representation
IC's- seriously even without wobble, i have had over 40 damage taken in 1 grab/ d-sync is legit
Samus-overall good metagame + projectiles, definitely fast but not quite as quick as others
Wuigi- very powerfull moveset, excelling in wave dash
Pikachu- unpredictable recovery, yet still very quick, unfortunately has small shield
Yoshi- super armor is awesome and can combo like heck + take hits, but lacks up b recovery, and stuck in shield

B- proven to have a level of versatility
Doc M.- probably better, but lost popularity in top 100 :(
Ganon- slow, also little popularity, but damage=high
Y. Link- armada has shown his prowess
Mario- slightly worse than doc
DK- kind of a punching bag, but excellent grab combos

C characters that have some utility, but much more weaknesses
Link- can get cool combos + projectiles, but gets wombo comboed (cough cough sheik), and has high ending lag on some moves
G&W- L cancel much?
Mewtwo- great kill options, not so great neutral game

D just barely better than bottom tier
Pichu- very quick, but hurts itself
Ness- Hbox has shown utility in his moves
Roy- high ending lag, good damage, also almost impossible to recover

F
Bowser- serious punching bag + slow; however, side B iz legittt
Kirby- i will stop before i hurt anyone's feelings

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
Any thoughts? Im open for critique

S best meta-games
Fox- obviously the best
Falco- almost tied with fox
Marth- Great spacing/speed
Sheik- annoying chain grabs/ f-tilt fair

A still very viable characters, just slightly worse match-ups
Puff- possibly the best aerials in the game
Falcon- speed and momentum=power
Peach- very quirky, with several unique tools, ex: float, turnips,

B possibly better, but lacking in representation
IC's- seriously even without wobble, i have had over 40 damage taken in 1 grab/ d-sync is legit
Samus-overall good metagame + projectiles, definitely fast but not quite as quick as others
Wuigi- very powerfull moveset, excelling in wave dash
Pikachu- unpredictable recovery, yet still very quick, unfortunately has small shield
Yoshi- super armor is awesome and can combo like heck + take hits, but lacks up b recovery, and stuck in shield

B- proven to have a level of versatility
Doc M.- probably better, but lost popularity in top 100 :(
Ganon- slow, also little popularity, but damage=high
Y. Link- armada has shown his prowess
Mario- slightly worse than doc
DK- kind of a punching bag, but excellent grab combos

C characters that have some utility, but much more weaknesses
Link- can get cool combos + projectiles, but gets wombo comboed (cough cough sheik), and has high ending lag on some moves
G&W- L cancel much?
Mewtwo- great kill options, not so great neutral game

D just barely better than bottom tier
Pichu- very quick, but hurts itself
Ness- Hbox has shown utility in his moves
Roy- high ending lag, good damage, also almost impossible to recover

F
Bowser- serious punching bag + slow; however, side B iz legittt
Kirby- i will stop before i hurt anyone's feelings
I think Falcon and ICs should be switched with each other. Falcon has speed and some good combos, but anyone who knows how to edgeguard can destroy falcon as soon as he's off stage. ICs have the advantage of both being a rather uncommon matchup and having the wobble, handoffs, and two characters that hit extremely hard together. Captain falcon is much better represented, though, so I can see why people put him high on the tier list. Yoshi also seems a bit high to me, but I don't really know much about him so I can't say much about his position. He's not very well represented either.

EXCITE!!!!

Smash Cadet
I think Falcon and ICs should be switched with each other. Falcon has speed and some good combos, but anyone who knows how to edgeguard can destroy falcon as soon as he's off stage. ICs have the advantage of both being a rather uncommon matchup and having the wobble, handoffs, and two characters that hit extremely hard together. Captain falcon is much better represented, though, so I can see why people put him high on the tier list. Yoshi also seems a bit high to me, but I don't really know much about him so I can't say much about his position. He's not very well represented either.
You do have some very good points, and i understand falcon's weaknesses, as well as IC's strengths, my only reasoning for putting IC's so low, was just fewer players who main IC's. As for Yoshi, I put him up there, because i think amsa has shown that yoshi does have a very technical side to him, especially being able to shrug of hits with the double jump. Thank you for the feedback though, i am open for any critique and discussion.

Mr.Bongo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-8939-6196
S TIer
1. Fox
2. Shiek
3.Falco
4. Jigglypuff
5. Marth
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon

A Tier
8. Pikachu
9. Samus
10. Yoshi
11. Ice Climbers

B Tier
12. Ganondorf
13. Dr. Mario
14. Luigi
15. Mario
16. Ness

C Tier
17. GameAndWatch
18. Donkey Kong
19. Link

F Tier
20. Young Link
21. Roy
22. Bowser
23. Zelda
24. Pichu
25. Metwo
26. Kirby

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Peach
5. C. Falcon
6. Sheik
7. Ice Climbers
8. Jigglypuff
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Luigi
12. Mario
13. Yoshi
14. Zelda
15. Ganon
16. Doc
17. Y. Link
18. DK
19. Link
20. GnW
21. Pichu
22. Boswer
23. Ness
24. Mewtwo
25. Roy
26. Kirby

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
S TIer
1. Fox
2. Shiek
3.Falco
4. Jigglypuff
5. Marth
6. Peach
7. Captain Falcon

A Tier
8. Pikachu
9. Samus
10. Yoshi
11. Ice Climbers

B Tier
12. Ganondorf
13. Dr. Mario
14. Luigi
15. Mario
16. Ness

C Tier
17. GameAndWatch
18. Donkey Kong
19. Link

F Tier
20. Young Link
21. Roy
22. Bowser
23. Zelda
24. Pichu
25. Metwo
26. Kirby
so many things are wrong with this list Ness Bowser and Roy are to high Young link Ic's are too low

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Peach
5. C. Falcon
6. Sheik
7. Ice Climbers
8. Jigglypuff
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Luigi
12. Mario
13. Yoshi
14. Zelda
15. Ganon
16. Doc
17. Y. Link
18. DK
19. Link
20. GnW
21. Pichu
22. Boswer
23. Ness
24. Mewtwo
25. Roy
26. Kirby
Like the last one so many things wrong Roy Doc Puff Yoshi shiek and Gannon to low Zelda Falcon Peach to high i'm so hoping this is a joke because if it isn't there's something wrong with the way you look at melee

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Peach
5. C. Falcon
6. Sheik
7. Ice Climbers
8. Jigglypuff
9. Pikachu
10. Samus
11. Luigi
12. Mario
13. Yoshi
14. Zelda
15. Ganon
16. Doc
17. Y. Link
18. DK
19. Link
20. GnW
21. Pichu
22. Boswer
23. Ness
24. Mewtwo
25. Roy
26. Kirby
Oh hey someone who has no knowledge of the game made a tier list.
Kinda like me.
Except worse.

Top Bottom