• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to change it if you don't want to. If it's your opinion....it's your opinion. I'm just letting you know what the overwhelming consensus is among the top players about these characters.

I'm curious though, in what capacity do you "play" these characters? I'm bewildered how you could form such a list even if you had attended something as rudimentary as even one local tournament....
to be honest this list was not entirley my opinon 50% was the other 50% tourney gameplay so yeah and i've played people that have been in tourneys (what thier smash names were i didn't ask) and play Fox and Gannon at the same level as demi-gods and i beat them with pichu though it was very hard and for link i just think he is not that good even though i have seen how people use him

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
1. Fox-By far the best character for many obvious reasons
2. Marth-Has a very strong neutral game due to long range and at the top level has a really good punish game on Fox, the best.
3. Sheik-I put her over falco due to the placings of plup and druggedfox at evo, as well as KK and shroomed at apex
4. Falco-Good character all around, just lacks in recovery back to the stage.
5. Captain Falcon-A highly underutilized character at the top level that is being quickly figured out by Wizzy, Gahtzu and Gravy
6. Peach-Insane punish game and edgeguard game on most characters, struggles with several MU's
7. Ice Climbers-Has zero-to-death grab combos out the wazoo.
8. Jigglypuff-Usually jiggs is given a higher rating than this, but it doesn't hold up in today's high level meta.
9. Pikachu-Underutilized character with lots of potential, does have a troubling MU against Sheik.
10. Samus-Has been a consistent character since the early days, and still does okay it today's meta-game.
11. Yoshi-aMSa has proven that Yoshi has crazy potential
12. Luigi-There are more top level luigi's than top level Jigglypuffs. 'nuff said.
13. Mario-Has bad killing options but other than that, solid character.
14. Ganondorf-Is still not slow enough for his power to be considered non-viable
----------------------------------------Viability Split----------------------------------------
15. Young Link-Can only be used viably against jigglypuff and marth.
16. Doctor Mario-Highly overrated character with very little potential.
17. Link-Only viable against marth, generally only good for projectile camping and Micheal Jackson impersonations.
18. Donkey Kong-Overutilized character with little redeeming features.
19. Zelda-Good spacing character with no mobility is a bad character.
20. G&W-Tiny shield and bad approach options and recovery options give G&W this deep spot.
21. Roy-A character with no neutral and a subpar combo game that can't kill easily.
22. Mewtwo-Has no redeeming factors at all besides not having as many negative factors.
23. Bowser-99/1 MU with sheik, fox, and jigglypuff. Rough life.
24. Pichu-55 weight means death can come at 60% or lower. Doesn't have the floatiness to save it from horizontal kills like Jiggs
25. Kirby-Has several MU's that are almost unwinnable including Fox and falcon.
26. Ness-Has no approach whatsoever, abusable recovery, and general atrocity.

Tag: DF
Qualifications: I won a small local in Oklahoma

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I think Puff loses slightly to IC's, and goes even with Falco/Marth/Sheik. Beyond that, she has weird issues with Doc, Yoshi, and Young Link.

I consider her 6th because she not only loses to fox -- she loses very badly to Fox. The best 5 (Fox/Falco/Marth/Sheik/Peach) can all compete with any character, but the next 3 high tiers (Puff/IC's/Falcon) all arguably have a matchup or matchups where they shouldn't really be able to compete.

I'd almost consider IC's 6th and puff 7th if it weren't for Hbox representation.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
In what world would Pichu not be placed in bottom tier and ganondorf be placed above dr mario?
Mine :p
Ganon has 3-5 mainers to Doc's 0.
I put Pichu in b- to make the list more aesthetically pleasing, thats how much I care talking to you.

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to say you aren't entitled to your opinion, but objectively that tier list is terrible. Pichu and Pikachu are really weak characters honestly. Bowser too.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Mine :p
Ganon has 3-5 mainers to Doc's 0.
I put Pichu in b- to make the list more aesthetically pleasing, thats how much I care talking to you.
lmao basically you don't know what you're talking about then.
and Even then, Doc has had better results than ganon across the board.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Very glad I never heard about this till now... Kidding. I guess I'll just post mine.
1.):foxmelee:
2.):falcomelee:
3.):marthmelee:
4.):sheikmelee:
5.):jigglypuffmelee:
6.):peachmelee:
7.):icsmelee:
8.):falconmelee: (Honestly not sure if this is true or not. I just kind of feel like ICs atm have a lot more going for them. Maybe Falcon will somehow be revolutionized but ICs definitely seem better than Falcon in capable hands)
9.):pikachumelee:
These next few are really difficult to place. I feel like Luigi has more potential than Samus and especially Ganondorf but I wouldn't necessarily place him above. Also I think Samus should go below Mario but I have nothing to prove why. So I'm just going to simply place Luigi above Ganon even though it may be personal feelings and not so much fact.
10.):samusmelee:
11.):luigimelee:
12.):drmario:
13.):ganondorfmelee:
14.):yoshimelee:
15.):mariomelee:
16.):younglinkmelee:
17.):linkmelee:
18.):dkmelee:
19.:gawmelee:(Huh? So at this point it's very hard to say for someone like me. I really only know how good these characters are because of my play time with them. I've not seen enough outside my own play to base it off that.)
20.):nessmelee:
21.):roymelee:
22.):zeldamelee:
23.):mewtwomelee:
24.):bowsermelee:
25.):pichumelee:
26.):kirbymelee:
Maybe it's better that I didn't get to vote :yeahboi:

Edit: Since initially posting. Lowered Doc 2 spaces, lowered Roy 2 spaces, raised Yoshi 2.

Last edited:

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
Do we have word on when the lists are being posted?
Sveet said there's two options at this point.

We either get more top players to vote on the tierl ist, as not enough have voted on it, so the results may not be very valid.

2) we compile all the data from this thread and votes etc, and then make the tier list from that, but that wouldn't really be very valid. Mostly because some people vote for the sake of trolling.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Sveet said there's two options at this point.

We either get more top players to vote on the tierl ist, as not enough have voted on it, so the results may not be very valid.

2) we compile all the data from this thread and votes etc, and then make the tier list from that, but that wouldn't really be very valid. Mostly because some people vote for the sake of trolling.
the former and the latter are both difficult so its hard btw my list was not trolling

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am reopening voting in the month of August. I will be asking for the community's help in spreading the word! Maybe we can get a twitter hashtag or something. In any case, I tweeted about it, so please give it some retweets!

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
I am reopening voting in the month of August. I will be asking for the community's help in spreading the word! Maybe we can get a twitter hashtag or something. In any case, I tweeted about it, so please give it some retweets!

ok i know just the people

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
You still put Pikachu above Marth Sheik Jigglypuff Falcon and Peach. I still demand an explanation!
i know that marth and peach beat pika or at least even Falcon idk shiek wins but i thought i put pika below shiek this i will change jigglypuff i say they would be even though i might be wrong

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
i know that marth and peach beat pika or at least even Falcon idk shiek wins but i thought i put pika below shiek this i will change jigglypuff i say they would be even though i might be wrong
Pikachu doesn't have any winning MU's in the top 8. How is he that far in your tierlist if he doesn't have good matchups?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
So your bias puts Pika above the rest?
Yea that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. I'm not sure I quite understand why you guys care so damn much. It's not like his list counts toward anything.

Do you honestly expect an answer that would rationalize such placement?

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
So your bias puts Pika above the rest?
not exactly i said before that high level play did play a part in my list along with my gameplay in a friendly againsy a fox i 4 stocked him at fod along with my pika beating a marth though it was close so... i think it makes some sense

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
Facepalm look this is also my opinion so yeah don't question btw what was your list out of curiosity
Opinions should be questioned! I'm not telling you that you are right or wrong. I'm just curious as to why you have a radical stance.

My quick tierlist would be as follows
Fox
Marth
Falco
Sheik
Falcon
Puff
Peach
ICs
Samus (There's the bias lol)
Luigi
Yoshi
Mario
Doc
Pikachu
Gannon
Roy
Young Link
Link
DK
Mewtwo
G&W
Zelda
Kirby
Ness
Bowser
Pichu

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
not exactly i said before that high level play did play a part in my list along with my gameplay in a friendly againsy a fox i 4 stocked him at fod along with my pika beating a marth though it was close so... i think it makes some sense
A friendly is something that shouldn't define a tierlist imo. Friendlies are usually poor indicators for anything.

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Yea that's pretty much exactly what he's saying. I'm not sure I quite understand why you guys care so damn much. It's not like his list counts toward anything.

Do you honestly expect an answer that would rationalize such placement?
besides the people that voted does anyone's just wanted to know and my list is not a troll list

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Opinions should be questioned! I'm not telling you that you are right or wrong. I'm just curious as to why you have a radical stance.

Fox
Marth
Falco
Sheik
Falcon
Puff
Peach
ICs
Luigi
Yoshi
Mario
Doc
Pikachu
Gannon
Roy
Young Link
Link
DK
Mewtwo
G&W
Zelda
Kirby
Ness
Bowser
Pichu
thanks!

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
A friendly is something that shouldn't define a tierlist imo. Friendlies are usually poor indicators for anything.
i guess but because i have not been in a real tourneyment it had to be thier because of that otherwise it would be different

Mervis

Smash Journeyman
i guess but because i have not been in a real tourneyment it had to be thier because of that otherwise it would be different
That's totally fine! Once again I'm not trying to call you out or belittle you. I was just curious.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

Fox
Marth
Falco
Sheik
Falcon
Puff
Peach
ICs
Luigi
Yoshi
Mario
Doc
Pikachu
Gannon
Roy
Young Link
Link
DK
Mewtwo
G&W
Zelda
Kirby
Ness
Bowser
Pichu
Just out of curiosity, why is Mario so high? Also, the Links have much better comboing, recovery, knockback, and options (for the most part) than Roy.

eviljoeybonkers

Smash Apprentice
NNID
eviljoeybonkers
3DS FC
4897-6248-0097
S Tier-
1. Falco :falcomelee:
2. Fox :foxmelee:
3. Marth :marthmelee:
4. Sheik :sheikmelee:
5. Captain Falcon :falconmelee:
6. Peach :peachmelee:
7. Ice Climbers :icsmelee:
8. Jigglypuff :jigglypuffmelee:

A Tier-
9. Samus:samusmelee:
10. Dr. Mario :drmario:
11. Mario :mariomelee:
12. Luigi :luigimelee:
13. Pikachu :pikachumelee:
14. Ganondorf :ganondorfmelee:

B Tier-
15. Yoshi :yoshimelee:
16. Link :linkmelee:
17. Young Link :younglinkmelee:
18. Donkey Kong :dkmelee:
19. Mewtwo :mewtwomelee:
20. Mr. Game & Watch :gawmelee:
21. Zelda :zeldamelee:

F Tier
22. Ness :nessmelee:
23. Roy :roymelee:
24. Kirby :kirbymelee:
25. Pichu :pichumelee:
26. Bowser :bowsermelee:

My reasons for Falco being #1 is the fact that he has some areas where he's actually better than Fox. While his attacks aren't as quick and his recovery is poor, Falco has incredible power and combo ability, and his down aerial spike is one of the best moves in the game.

Mario is a character who I think is underrated. Sure, he lacks a reliable finisher outside of his side smash, but his combo ability is superb and is easy to rack up damage with. Also, he is a character that is very easy to master, unlike other characters. Not to mention, his cape is one of the best edgeguarding tools in the game.

Now, about the bottom tier: Roy is ranked in the bottom due to his significant flaws of killing and surviving, which leads to awful matchups. For god's sake, he loses to Kirby.

Kirby was severely nerfed, but he isn't at the bottom because he does have positive matchups. Very few, but they do exist.

Pichu has the worst matchup spread in the game by far. He's the easiest character in the game to kill, he hurts himself, and is surprisingly easy to chain throw. He has strengths, but they literally do nothing to help him. Yet, he's not the worst.

Bowser is definetly the worst character in the game. His approach is worse than Kirby's, he's literal combo food, he has a horrendous SHFFL and wavedash, an ineffictive projectile in his fire breath, his recovery is slow and painfully easy to edgeguard.... He's just the worst.

Last edited:
Top Bottom