• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd laugh if Vidjo agreed and Drephen came in with his head already shaved.

Does anyone want to make a friendly wager with me? I'm guessing that wobbling will have little to no effect on the top 8 placing players in singles, and will not affect doubles placings at all. You will see two ice climbers wobble that get anywhere (Chu Dat and Wobbles), and their placing will not be controlled by wobbles.

KishSquared

Smash Master
To everyone waiting for tickets - MLG will be putting tickets up in the morning. I think their hours are 8-5 Central. No need to stay up 24/7.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Does anyone want to make a friendly wager with me? I'm guessing that wobbling will have little to no effect on the top 8 placing players in singles, and will not affect doubles placings at all. You will see two ice climbers wobble that get anywhere (Chu Dat and Wobbles), and their placing will not be controlled by wobbles.
I'm on the same side of this wager.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I have one question, and one question only...

Is there gonna be dodgeball this year? Last year there kinda was, but nothing was officially set up...

Plus...this year, I won't have a cast on...so I can play better...=)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Ok, so official announcements are to follow:

Chillin is officially the EC captain by default.

We are opening it up for one more run at tickets tomorrow morning. This will be the last chance for open registration. Let me repeat that.

THIS WILL BE THE LAST CHANCE FOR OPEN REGISTRATION

We will start a waiting list after that in case people return their tickets.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Alrighty, I'll team with ya 5150.
Shall we double roy it up? :cool:

Kishes, I'll have the info for exactly what time us houston area people will be arriving/departing shortly, just gotta work out all the details with friends.

Droly

Smash Ace
dude

ill tell u why wobbles should be ban because you can't do anything to get out of it but with fox infinite u can still smash di out with like ar

also a tactic with wobbles is have a stock ahead and just keep doing it till 8 minutes runs out since ur winning its not stalling its a strategy

KishPrime

BRoomer
Ok, just to clarify, stalling with the wobbles is banned. Performing it is not.

The debate has happened in a million other threads, so please take it there.

Banned via Administration
Ok, just to clarify, stalling with the wobbles is banned. Performing it is not.

The debate has happened in a million other threads, so please take it there.
just to clarify:

as long as you are doing damage until it gets to 999 thats NOT stalling right?

Impp

Smash Ace
Okay, so the morning tickets will be available? Is there a limited number of tickets gonna be sold... or is it just within the time frame?

It's probably a limited # so,,, how fast you think they'll go?

I got work and no access to a comp in the morning which is a pain.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You can bet that they'll be sold out by the end of the day. Kishes have said 30 tickets, so you can expect that many. I don't expect them to sell out immediately, but your best bet is getting them before noon.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
kish, because im an idiot - i thought NONE for teammate meant you don't have one yet and i thought UNKNOWN meant you didnt know whether or not he could go or something. i'm looking for a teammate now in Zjiin's thread so could you please change "Caboose"'s team status from NONE to UNKNOWN please (if it matters :p)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
There should be a set rule about Wobbleing.

"Once your opponent reaches about 200% you MUST kill them. If you go higher then that, then stalling may be called against you."

Banned via Administration
There should be a set rule about Wobbleing.

"Once your opponent reaches about 200% you MUST kill them. If you go higher then that, then stalling may be called against you."
that just sounds to me like someone's LOOKING for some way to make it legal

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Ok, so official announcements are to follow:

Chillin is officially the EC captain by default.

We are opening it up for one more run at tickets tomorrow morning. This will be the last chance for open registration. Let me repeat that.

THIS WILL BE THE LAST CHANCE FOR OPEN REGISTRATION

We will start a waiting list after that in case people return their tickets.
MLG Store already says sold out, and it's not yet 4AM here. I'm assuming this means it will be (re)opened this morning (ie, 4AM isn't yet morning, more like 8~11AM) with the added slots? Otherwise, mind pointing me where I need to go to get on the waiting list?

I'd have gotten the ticket earlier, but there was some confusion as to whether or not I'd have a ride. Thanks for giving us procrastinators one last chance, Prime.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I hope Jekyll slept. :( We don't honestly know when it's going up today, it's all up to the MLG employee.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I hope Jekyll slept. :( We don't honestly know when it's going up today, it's all up to the MLG employee.
Must not sleep...
Must get ticket...:psycho:

Sadly if they're not up by nine, the time I head over to my mom's, my chances at getting one are pretty much gone since she has no interwebs...

This is beginning to look like a really sad story for me.

lain

Smash Master
just kidding i decided to press the page back button and read posts. haha.

i hope they don't sell out. my partner Sheepyman needs to get a pass.

to be on the safe side, would someone be willing to buy him one? he can pay you back right when he sees you obviously.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Okay guys, here's the scoop!

MLG opens shop around 8:30am. Depending on how long it takes for their tech guy to get his compy turned on, papers in order, etc... tickets should be up sometime between 8:30 and 9am, if not shortly after 9. Jv told me that he's planning to post in here once they go up, or shortly afterward.

Sorry for all the people who stayed up all night :(

Also, we decided to raise the number to 220. That's 40 more tickets going up shortly! It may sound like a lot, but with how things have been going I'm entirely certain that they'll go FAST. If you don't get a ticket, we'll be starting a waiting list of sorts via PM. If people drop out and/or we decide more space is available, we'll distribute tickets to people on the list.

So just to be clear, we will NOT be selling any more tickets at the MLG Store! Grab them while you can!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. Conversation with Mew2King:

WSFL Cactuar (8:42:20 AM): wobbling is legal at fc
OOVideoGameGodOO (8:42:51 AM): wow why

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, because we quite clearly have no idea how to run a national Smash tournament.

Our stance has always been that something shouldn't be banned until it's be proven to be broken. Once it is, it'll be banned, simple as that.

I've honestly seen far more support for it being on than opposition. Most people have just shrugged it off. Either way, let's continue to avoid a debate in this thread. The thread is for informational purposes, not for rule debates. It's been on since Day 1, and if you want a refund because you didn't know, there are plenty of people who will take your ticket!

KishSquared

Smash Master
Actually, I never got a message from you. Did you maybe send it to Prime?

I don't see your name on MLG's list. Did you purchase a ticket? Feel free to PM me to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom