• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I remember that tourney - chu got eliminated twice in the first round, the second time after buying his way back into someone else's slot after being eliminated the first time

good times

Dopey

Smash Lord
"Suggestion: Gamefaqs vs SmashBoards. After hours crew battle, 10 vs 10, just for funz." chester

omfg gamefaqs will get worked over like a piece of doh for a pizza that shoulda been in the oven over 48 minutes ago.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
would that mean the overall fee for the tournament will go up? If that's the case then I don't really want it to be an actual tournament thing... but if that's the case then I'll still plan on attending.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
No the fee won't change because of torpedo ball.

The total fee for the event will not exceed $75, for those of you who are asking.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kish, after our set i'd have to say your description LIES! likes resting should be replaced with "likes spacing" :D:D

that being said, i really dont know whether or not to come to this. i want to hit up all the MLG events, but i'd have to cut my beach vacation short.

BLAHHHH

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha Gamefaqs vs SWF will be fun :). I think Gamefaqs will do better then most people think :). We have some really good players post there though the will probably play for SWF instead lol.

Examples:
Malva00
KM
Chillindude829
Hugs
Tapion
G-reg

And other good people as well. :). It all depends if they actually want to play for gamefaqs though lol.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
could i perhaps lobby for a rule that doesnt disqualify crews for losing members who want to sleep, due to crews running til past 1am, especially if those people lost are the best players on your crew? thanks.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Perhaps that could be altered. The only reason that we had to stick by that last year was because everyone else had to play every player the whole time. If rules are changed so that you can change up your lineup it wouldn't have been a problem.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
SS is getting top 10 in crews. just to let everyone kno.

SORRY BUT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TORPEDO BALL...WHAT ARE THE RULES AND WHAT NOT???

because if its physical, i want in.

any word on a dodgeball torney as well!?!?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am definitly entering the dodgeball event..I pwn at dodgeball because I can catch anything ^_^.

Lol Sorry cort I didn't forget you I just suddenly had to get off the computer so I cut the post short.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
First, KM is an amazing player from TA. KM is too good.

And torpedo ball is a strange game, but it's really addictive. It doesn't take much physical ability, and it's not even close to dodgeball. Man, how do I describe it? Umm.. okay, you've got this "lane", which is about 20(?) ft. long. Each side has 5 billiard balls, all the same color, and another ball is rolled down the lane in an attempt to knock the other player's balls off the lane. I don't know, it's tough to explain. You'll get it when you see it.

As for the torpedo ball tourney, it'll work like any other tourney. Last year we played 2v2, with a $2 entry fee per team, and it was winner take all. It worked out pretty well. I think Mendoza and I each got like $25 or something. The teammates alternate turns, with no restrictions on who leads.

I'll run this tournament if no one else wants to. After all, I am on top of the torpedo ball power rankings! Or at least I would be if they existed.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
because hes from iowa
LOL too good and too true.

I like the letter KF better.

OH YEAH!!! I know what torpedo ball is. You throw the white ball down the "lane" and try to knock the balls down into theie area where the other "knocked" out balls rest.

Dodge ball is better! :D

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gamefaqs is still working on a team..right now we are seeing who on gamefaqs is actually going. Also we are trying to get Isai/Chillin/Hugs to play for gamefaqs >_>.

Here is who from gamefaqs is going so far and how sure they are:
Hylian (90% sure)
QDVS (100%)
RockCrock (100%)
ihavespaceballs(80%)
JoeBushman(100%)
Mouf(50%)
PKMVodka(100%)
marth1(60%)
G-reg(100%)
KM(says he won't go but will change his mind 1 week before the tournament because he realizes that all the cool TA peoples are going)
alkatri(75%)
Simna(Might)

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm an ice climbers player who just recently learned wave-dash, L-cancel, etc.
How much money will I lose if I go to this and participate in doubles AND singles? (and possibly eat some delicious foodstuffs)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
You can't really think of it as "losing" anything... the money you put into nets you a chance to play all the other awesome members of the smash community, food, the incredible church complex, and just fun times in general. I've been to every FC so far, and each time has been one of the most enjoyable points in my life. If you come, you will get your money's worth, and then some.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would attend FC if it were $150 per person.

note: this is not a suggestion.

edit: oh and its around $75

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
Okay, how much would this enjoyment cost?
Also, is there an IRC channel or some sort of chat for smashboards?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You can't make the same post on two boards, though the impossible levels are too good.

KishPrime

BRoomer
The West Coast team rocked last year.

It'll be no more than $75, though that's probably a good guess for the final price again.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
****, I'm going to have to get a job. Or go badass debutant style and win all that money in local tournaments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom