• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#2 UPDATE 5/21 Down Smash Information

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
<< cBEEF's >>
<<Down Smash Encouragement (with data)>>

<<Why his Down Smash kill percents?>>
<<Since we all know that our up tilt can be a somewhat predictable kill move to others and there are no attacks that can support it or lead to it, I believe this move is a decent backup if we know our kill percents for it as well as our kill percents for our up tilt, despite the down smash's reasonable lag.>>
(((This does not mean to not use up tilt as often to kill as you normally would. Just consider the down smash also since the up tilt has the faster hitbox on top of him, while down smash has it in front of him as well as behind him.)))

<<Important Concepts>>
  • <<When King Dedede down smashes while your opponent is behind King Dedede, it will deal the exact same knockback and percent as it does when your opponent is in front of you, unlike such characters like Marth's and Mario's down smashes.>>

• <<Kill percents can be greatly applied to the Buuman Trap, so if you know the kill percents and set up the trap, you'll be in good shape of killing someone earlier with the extra option along with up tilt.>>
  • <<Down Smash can stage spike while your opponent is on the ledge, so try to time it correctly before they do a ledge option.>>

• <<I have also found that a good mindgame to set up the down smash kill is to approach (or retreat) an airdodge while fast-falling to the floor, then down smashing, since King Dedede generally has one of the fastest fast-falls. It works out great, you'll notice it in the "range" video.>>

• <<Understand that it must be fresh at the following kill percents, and you might want to add 3%--7% if your opponent is good at Directional Influence, or if they use it at all.>>

Kill Percents

<<Jigglypuff ----------- 87%>>

<<Squirtle ----------- 90%>>

<<Mr. Game & Watch ----------- 92%>>

<<Kirby -------------------- 94%>>

<<Fox ------------ 95%>>

<<Meta Knight ----- 95%>>

<<Sheik ------------ 97%>>

<<Zelda ---------------------------- 97%>>

<<Zero Suit Samus -- 98%>>

<<Pikachu -------------- 98%>>

<<Olimar ------------ 98%>>

<<Peach ------------ 99%>>

<<Falco ------------ 101%>>

<<Ice Climbers ------------ 102%>>

<<Toon Link ------------ 103%>>

<<Lucas ------------ 104%>>

<<Marth ------------ 105%>>

<<Ness ------------ 106%>>

<<Diddy Kong ------------ 106%>>

<<Luigi ------------ 107%>>

<<Mario ------------ 107%>>

<<Sonic ------------ 107%>>

<<Pit ------------ 107%>>

<<Lucario ------------ 108%>>

<<Ivysaur ------------ 110%>>

<<R.O.B. ------------ 111%>>

<<Samus ------------ 112%>>

<<Yoshi ------------ 113%>>

<<Wario ------------ 114%>>

<<Wolf ------------ 114%>>

<<Charizard ------------ 115%>>

<<Link ------------ 116%>>

<<Ike ------------ 117%>>

<<Ganondorf ------------ 118%>>

<<Captain Falcon ------------ 119%>>

<<Bowser ------------ 120%>>

<<Donkey Kong ------------ 124%>>

<<Snake ------------ 125%>>

<<King Dedede ------------ 129%>>

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
You should order them from hardest to kill to easiest to kill.

Dsmash can make people get ***** stagespiked if they are hanging on the ledge or trying to recover.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
The video you posted came up with an error;

"The URL contained a malformed video ID. "

Im definitely trying to adapt dsmash more into my meta game, thread helps quite abit, thanks.

I agree with Smexy, if you could please re-order everything from lowest % kill to highest % kill, it'll make it easier to read.

Across the board it looks as if the 110%-120% range is the best time to take out the dsmash...good to know.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Obvious question time:

1. Was this tested in training mode or vs. mode?
2. Was this tested with DI or without? Given one of your notifications, I'm guessing it was without.
3. What stage was this tested on? Ceiling height can skew the data.

Also, the reason your video isn't working is because of the ">>" at the end. You should use the and tags to fix it.

I also completely approve of this thread. Dsmash is an underrated move. I was actually considering creating a thread that would say something like this:
ATTN: Dedede Mains

Dsmash is a good move.

You should like, you know...

use it.
...or...
I think dsmash is a pretty cool guy eh has more horizontal range than utilt and doesn't afraid of anything

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Obvious question time:

1. Was this tested in training mode or vs. mode?
2. Was this tested with DI or without? Given one of your notifications, I'm gue?ssing it was without.
3. What stage was this tested on? Ceiling height can skew the data.

Also, the reason your video isn't working is because of the ">>" at the end. You should use the and tags to fix it.

I also completely approve of this thread. Dsmash is an underrated move. I was actually considering creating a thread that would say something like this:...or...
Besides you making such an abrupt message, I thank you for approving.
1.) Training mode, obviously if I'm finding the percents for the target move.

2.) Yeah I thought people would assume it was without DI.

3.) Final Destination, at the middle. So I should make more approved percentages which should be more on Battlefield and less percent on Smashville for each character huh...?

And mainly, it was called Down Smash Data because I wanted to bring out the percentage and small things of the down smash, but mainly the kill percents.

rofljont

Smash Apprentice
this is smart, and could be very usefful i can see d3s downsmash being used more like metas fsmash

RATED

Smash Lord
I use this attack a lot to kill for real ! predict a roll or a spot dodge and is a free dsmash this is a awesome move for real, I call this move the falco sweeper!

I though that ddd users here used this move as a kill move I use it a lot is like another uptilt to me. :chuckle:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Besides you making such an abrupt message, I thank you for approving.
1.) Training mode, obviously if I'm finding the percents for the target move.

2.) Yeah I thought people would assume it was without DI.

3.) Final Destination, at the middle. So I should make more approved percentages which should be more on Battlefield and less percent on Smashville for each character huh...?

And mainly, it was called Down Smash Data because I wanted to bring out the percentage and small things of the down smash, but mainly the kill percents.

1. Training mode and vs. mode have different settings for knockback percents. I suggest you test these percents in vs. mode so they can be, you know, accurate.
2. Thought so.
3. FD is fine, I just wanted to know what stage you were using.

Top Bottom