• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/21 Impact Clash V - The Revenge (ATL, GA)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
If it has 16+ people expected to go, I may be here.
There will be way more than 16 people there for other games likes Tekken 6, Street Fighter IV, etc. but if you are talking about Super Smash Bros: I would think there would at least be over 16+ people though still.

Zip.

Smash Lord
hmm i may goto this since it isnt far.. lol
(may need a ride though, can anyone? x.x)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
hmm i may goto this since it isnt far.. lol
(may need a ride though, can anyone? x.x)
If the Marta train station is close by the Georgia World Congress Center is within walking distance of the GWCC/CNN/Phillips Arena train station so if you are able to hop on the train station you can easily get there with no problem. I'm sure many people will use this option.

Lastly guys make sure you bring equipment if you can. You get a waiver on the door and you help out the tournament. I'm pretty much not going to turn anyone away who brings Smash equipment as you will always need it due to the pace of the game.

Lastly, GameDragonX usually runs Smash and has for the past three Impact Clashes but I don't think he is coming. If there is anyone who wants to run them I will give a door fee waiver on that as well.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, only 45 minutes away from me eh? Hell I'll go waste money to get owned in Tekken 6 and Melee. Any of my SPSU pals want a ride?

lordiceman

Smash Rookie
I would like to have a sit down with the Smash players interested in being interview for PODCAST's as well as the live stream if applicable.

There were two individuals who were interested at the S.E.B. tournament but they left before I could interview them, so those interested please hit me up when you get there, I can attempt to do the PODCAST before the actual Smash portion begins, and I will be doing some random interviewing throughout the tournament as well

For those who care, this is a shot for you to get some exposure for your game, a little bit more respect then it's been receiving as of late, hopefully some videos on the Impact Clash website, the Ga Gaming Scene Blogspot and a few other places will help boost the interest, I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Only a few days away! I promise next year I will do a better job as far as advertising the tournament to Smashers. We got off on a late start. :( Anyhow, you can trust it will be a very good turn out for Smash either way. We'll be there all day for anyone who wants to stop by later.

OmegaFujin (PGI)

Smash Cadet
I'll be coming for Melee, and hope others show up making it worth it. If not I can always try out Tekken, though might be kinda tough being completely new to a game coming into a tournament scene.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I will be bringing
1) xbox w/ guitar hero 5 + guitar
2) wii with bros - hacked bros and not hacked bros
3) tv perhaps?
4) also i have a GC that lacks audio/video cables.
5) oh yeah, happy late birthday magnacious, sorry I couldn't make it to your party.
6) I also have two capture cards that can be used for livestreaming.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Edited the topic and first post. I'll put some rules in there when I finish eating chicken (im so not kidding when I say it, either).

I would like to have a sit down with the Smash players interested in being interview for PODCAST's as well as the live stream if applicable.

There were two individuals who were interested at the S.E.B. tournament but they left before I could interview them, so those interested please hit me up when you get there, I can attempt to do the PODCAST before the actual Smash portion begins, and I will be doing some random interviewing throughout the tournament as well
If I make it up there, I'd definitely be down for this.

SleepyK

i think fullmetal would be a good person to interview.

also the big issue with the advertising this time was that nobody in the community posted or hyped it! Brawl community didn't do a good job of hyping the brawl (lol) and we weren't sure if there even was going to be a melee tournament this time around, so things were kind of ~~~~

tubes

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be at this. I'll probably bring my cube and copy of smash as always. I wanna play some teams friendlies on Brinstar @ this. I'm interested in seeing what happens when the lava rises.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Posted the melee rules. If there's any disputes with it, take it up with Fullmetal. I just copied TO5 rules and put MK2 on the banlist cause well, that stage has been banned for years anyway.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Posted the melee rules. If there's any disputes with it, take it up with Fullmetal. I just copied TO5 rules and put MK2 on the banlist cause well, that stage has been banned for years anyway.

NOOOOOOO NOT MY MK2!!!!
:(

In other news, I'll likely be at this tournament for melee.
Same format for pre-reg on the boards?

Michael "FullMetal" Buchheit
Suwanee, GA
SSBM

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Mag hasn't mentioned anything about preregs. I mean, if it comes to it I'll throw one together sometime today/2morrow, but I don't think it's that huge of a deal.

__

Things are kinda lookin up for me going to this.

I have people from WR asking/confirming rides with me, so I could just gas-money-it my way up there.

Ironically, none of these said people play melee. GO FIGURE RIGHT?

Probably won't have the money to enter anything again, who knows. IN THE NEXT EXCITING EPISODE OF DOGY IS TOO **** BROKE.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I will be bringing
1) xbox w/ guitar hero 5 + guitar
2) wii with bros - hacked bros and not hacked bros
3) tv perhaps?
4) also i have a GC that lacks audio/video cables.
5) oh yeah, happy late birthday magnacious, sorry I couldn't make it to your party.
6) I also have two capture cards that can be used for livestreaming.
As far as streaming goes we will only have one machine we can stream from. The reason why is because a friend of mine is letting me use his Clear Internet device. But this device only offers internet for one machine via USB. However the internet is 4G which translates to around 4MB speed which is very great for a stream. I'm also going to bring a system selector so we can hook up multiple games at once into the stream and with the press of a button switch between different games. I appreciate it quite a bit Sleepy. Also are you coming through with the 1 on 1 government?

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Just learned tonight that I almost certainly have a ride to this now.

"Ivysaur"
Atlanta, GA
BlazBlue, SSBM

SleepyK

i have no idea where my iso went! i've been checking all my harddrives.
looks like i'll have to start up my old desktop.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer it if nobody had to take a pole, no matter which kind of SF2 will be played
That's just cruel

tubes

Smash Ace
"So Marty, tell us a bit about Smash bros"
"Well... Smash is different from most traditional fighting games. You can't just shield things like you normally could in other fighting games..."

SleepyK

i would recommend marty but i would appreciate it if the person being interviewed would talk about smash in a positive light.
i'd prefer it to gain more competitive merit instead of being completely destroyed by the one in-between we have for fighting games and smash bros.

Top Bottom