• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/29: Richland, Washington Tournament presented by Team Meow

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Juce said:
and Buzz, do you want to money match in a Y. Link ditto for sh*ts and giggles
Ummm...translation, please. Does "Young Link ditto" mean we both play as Young Link? And what does it mean to "money match" against someone?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
LOL it means you play them for money who ever wins gets the money its a best 2-3 round he wants a link or young link ditto which means you play as the same person and thats about it later guy and jesse :psycho:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No Gambling for me...

Eh, I'll play anyone that wants to play me, but I won't place any bets.

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Buzz I Think You may Have Become Overly Intoxicated with Your New Found Y. Link Skills, I'm Not Saying you Suck or Anything, for All I Know you Could Kick all My Characters ***, But Here is The Thing... I Know I can Play a Tip Top Ganondorf and a Top Tier Peach and Combatable Zelda. Take Your Pick Man, I'm Always Redy to Get Killed at This Game :chuckle: Makes SSj Twice as Strong Ya Know ;) I get Beat every Now and Then Round Here but To Get Massacred... Hasn't Happened in Over a Year since I Last went to A Bellevue Tourney.

You Want to Test Your Skill, You Gotta Defeat The Best Round Here... Here's People to Kill in No Perticular Order of Best since We are All Quite Even

In Sets...

Top Smashers From Here...
Levi (Sk8nMasta) Falco, Roy, ...Some Others ?
Mike ($MiKE) Falco, Samus, Link, Mario, Luigi, Da Donk
SSj4 (Vegeta) C. Ganondorf, The Peach, Zelda, C. Falcon, Fox

Eric- Dr. Mario Pillz, Fox?
Skow- Marth, Ice Bros... Some Others?
Rick- Falco, Marth?

Be Sure To Play All These People, Win Or Lose its All in Good Smashing, No Winer No Loser Just Hardcore Smashing. :chuckle:

We Might Have Some Sessions Later in The Week Maybe You can Come Eh?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am confident in my skills. How'd you do in the tournament, Vegeta? I have heard of most of those smashers you listed. Technically we're all just talk until we can actually meet up. I anxiously await my chance to smash with y'all.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
no way

M3tr01D said:
you guys need to break out the n64 and start playing that too :)
I do not enjoy the N64 smash anymore. It has little to no sentimental value to me. Plus, I suck at it... :)

mrbones123185

Smash Rookie
hopefully me and sk8n can get those vids ready for everyone to watch and vegeta dont stay to long out of the country or u could lose your smashing like i lost my fox ill try agin to get him in shape

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Nicely Done

Nice, Vegeta. Who did you win as? I think a fight between us would be interesting. First place from a 12-man tourney vs. second place from an 18-man tourney. Sounds pretty even. Like you said, just hardcore smashing is what's fun.

Well, I'm still here at school in Rexburg, Idaho. So, I can't exactly attend any upcoming smash sessions until mid-December. We'll probably be having another Idaho tournament in the next couple weeks here. So, we'll see how I do. I'm currently working on making my Pikachu tournament-worthy. I still have some kinks to work out.

Also, Vegeta, you wouldn't happen to own a Legend of Zelda: Master Quest disc, would you? :)

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Buzz, I Won Using C. Ganondorf, The Peach, and Zelda. But it was The Peach Who Stuck it Out Until The End. The Fact I Won Doesn't Rank me Any Better Than Sk8n or Mike, Who Placed 2nd and 3rd. It's Just The Peach is Ruthless Vs. Falco's :psycho: I Think All 3 of Us are At Quite an Equal Level of Smashing, Its Just We Use Different Characters and Counter Characters. If You Believe You Have a Combatable Y. Link then Awesome :) That Means 1 New Character to Fight Against :chuckle: Ganondorf Awaits The Prodigy Child :p Also, Yeah I Do Alredy Own Masters Quest.

To Everyone Else, Some Serious **** Came Up and Now I Might Not Leave The Country After All :( / :) It's Not For Certain, But If I Do Not Go I can Hang Around For All the Upcoming Tourneys. Fate has Once Again Tested my Will...

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
What's with capitalizing every first letter of every word? It's quite an eyesore...

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
To Everyone Else, Some Serious **** Came Up and Now I Might Not Leave The Country After All :( / :) It's Not For Certain, But If I Do Not Go I can Hang Around For All the Upcoming Tourneys. Fate has Once Again Tested my Will...
Well, I don't know the details, but if it means more Smash for us then maybe it's for the best! :chuckle:

Peaches

Smash Lord
Dude, Vegeta. Your Ganon needs serious work. You use dsmash too much and there's really no solid form to your game. Sk8n could've finished you off a lot faster if he would have just used rising spike on ganons recovery.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Maybe I can drop by tricities soon though.

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Peaches said:
Dude, Vegeta. Your Ganon needs serious work. You use dsmash too much and there's really no solid form to your game. Sk8n could've finished you off a lot faster if he would have just used rising spike on ganons recovery.

Don't bash unless you were there to Smash. :laugh:

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Peaches said:

:flame: Oooiiii.... That Was Just a Bad Vid Man, Levi's Falco is Scary to Try and Attack, I Was Playing Survival Ganon Since I was Losing Nonstop that Match, I Didn't Use My Predatory C. Ganon Style I So Rightously Boast About... I'll Tell Eric to Find One of the Better Ones where My Form is Tip Top and Predatory Kills are In Place (From Same Tourney) :) Then You can See What I'm Talking About :chuckle: I Know My Ganondorf Needs Some Work, But Serious Work... I Feel Insulted :( Haha, Nah Hes Good, Just I Don't Know How to Defend The Best, I Focus All My Powers on the Attack but When Something Goes Wrong then I'm Doomed to The Slow Ganondorf Style you Saw :( Well Atleast By Watching This Vid I Saw Where I Go Wrong :) That Was My and Sk8n's 2nd Tourney Matchup, Our 1st Encounter Prooved Ganondorf Victor... But Yeah I Guess Playing Someone is Always Better, And People are All Used to Seeing Combo Vids and Stuff, But I'll Be sure to Tell Eric to Post one of My Better Fights with C. Ganon :mad: Good **** Levi :)

Also To Whoever Asked, My Capatalization of Most Every Word I Type is Just Instinctive, This is How I Learned to Type on Keyboard and Trying to Stop it Makes me Type Slow, Sorry :p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You're not the center of the universe

mrbones123185 said:
what with u and master quest alot of people got that when they got zelda
Dude, first off, not EVERYONE has it. Second, do you know anyone that still has a mint, unopened copy? THAT is what I have to offer. Even someone who owns the game already would want that. Collector's item, baby...

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Buzz said:
Dude, first off, not EVERYONE has it. Second, do you know anyone that still has a mint, unopened copy? THAT is what I have to offer. Even someone who owns the game already would want that. Collector's item, baby...
Collectors Item Eh? Try Dragon Ball Z Unlimate Battle #26 for The SNES :psycho: Now There's an Item :chuckle: ...But I Lost that Mess in a Bet to My Bro Mike and He Never Gave me a Chance to Re-Win It :ohwell: What a Jip :mad: If We're Gonna be Throwing in Random Items into Some Random Pot for The Winner then I'll Scavage my Room for Some Stuff :laugh:

Anyways, if I Don't Leave Imma Play C. Ganondorf and Zelda Come Next Tourney... I Have to Now :flame: Ganon is My Original Character and Next In Line Since The Peach Now Has 1Under Her Belt. Zelda is Just a Last Resort :)

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Wob Jebn said:
Yes, Vegeta, but do you have any of that to offer for a tournament prize? Nope, didn't think so...
Didn't Even Let me Answer Eh, I'm The Randomest When it Comes to Random Pots... If I Remember Correctly, I Lost That DBZ Game, Earthbound, and MegaMan X2 for Some Broken CD's, Some AOL Cases, and Some Useless Boxes... :laugh: And I Said I'd Scavage My Room didn't I? I'll Bring Something Worthy :lick: That I Guarantee, But I Won't Unveil It Until The Final Bout ;)

Also, Hope You All Show Next Time, So I can Die and Get Better :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh trust me... I cannot WAIT to come home and smash things up. I've been hunting for a Richland-based smash squad for so long. After most of my friends moved or quit smash, I was beginning to think that I was the only smash-player in the entire tri-cities. Now I'm excited to see that you've all emerged and taken your place on the challengers mat. The time is almost here...

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Cool

Sounds Good Buzz :bigthumbu We've Been Here for About 3Yrs Now and Found Most Smashers. Have Fought The Top Tier Bellevue Crew (And Got Massacred) :) But It's Been Over a Year Since Our Last Attempt. I Look Foreward To Smashing with You , I Challange your Y. Link to a Battle of The Tri-Force...

My TriForce of Power Vs. Your TriForce of Courage :chuckle:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
sweet

Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
My TriForce of Power Vs. Your TriForce of Courage :chuckle:
Oh yes! The pinnacle of all matches! It will be interesting indeed. I am forewarning you, Vegeta, as far as the tale goes, the TriForce of Courage always comes out on top. LOL! I also play a pretty good Roy so Skow and I will have some climactic Roy vs. Marth matches. And, to anyone else who's interested, I also specialize in Pikachu.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Ouch

Man, Peach came out on top with two stock remaining! Peach really is Falco's undoing. Well, it's a dang good thing that I don't specialize in Falco. :) Nevertheless, nice job Vegeta. I must say I am impressed. It makes me more excited to come home! Dirty dirty Peach...

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Hehe... You're a Funny Guy Buzz...

Here's Another One if You Missed The 1st...

"Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; Supreme exelence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."
-Sun Tzu

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hey, that's a great quote! Where do you get all those? It's very true too. Somehow I sense it is related to mind games in SSBM. :)

Wob Jebn

Smash Apprentice
WOW last night Buzz freekin ***** my sheik. Usually we go like 50-50 on wins but last night I only beat him like once out of 5 or 6 games. I would place money on him being the best young link in the world. Maybe you guys can humble him a bit but I don't count on it. After playing him you would think young link was top teer.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
That video of the match doesn't seem to be working. It won't stream for me and the download complains that I already have a download going and therefore have to wait even though I don't have one going from there. And I also get a message saying that the file extension is incorretely named...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Heh

Well, you'll notice that the game you won Wob was AFTER you took that nap. Maybe if we would've continued, you would've ***** me.

And just for the record, I throw that compliment right back at Wob. I have seen a lot of Sheik vids recently (including some of the "legendary" Die SuperFly) and I have to say, Wob is the best Sheik player I've seen. No one else's moves/combos have such continuity and flow. If you let Wob start his onslaught, good bloody luck breaking out of it. It's not easy with someone like Young Link...

Fenrir, close any Windows Media Player that pops up. Right click the download link and click SAVE TARGET AS... That's the way I do it.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
There never is any media player window that pops up (aside from the embedded one that does nothing), which is the problem. Right-clicking gives me a message saying the link doesn't exist or was moved, and just clicking gives the "you already have a download in progress. Please try again" crap.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I know

Fenrir said:
There never is any media player window that pops up (aside from the embedded one that does nothing), which is the problem. Right-clicking gives me a message saying the link doesn't exist or was moved, and just clicking gives the "you already have a download in progress. Please try again" crap.
Go into your Internet Explorer options (or your FireFox options) and turn OFF the option that says "play video in browser window" or whatever. Then, a Windows Media Player window should pop up separately. At that point, you can close it and then right-click the actual download link.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
That doesn't change a thing on either Firefox or Internet Exploder. I have a feeling the site redirects to an FTP or something and those are blocked in the dorms.

[EDIT] Weeeeeeell, it finally decided to work after leaving it on that "a download already in progress" page, so disregard this.

Top Bottom