• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/29: Richland, Washington Tournament presented by Team Meow

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
don't do full round robin then, just have each person play 5 other people for the seeding. Assign each player a number, and make two coloums, one of wins and one of loses. Each win put a check in win, each loss put a check in loss. That way it won't be as complicated/take as long but we'd still get the basic idea. Just have matches be random.

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
M3tr01D said:
don't do full round robin then, just have each person play 5 other people for the seeding. Assign each player a number, and make two coloums, one of wins and one of loses. Each win put a check in win, each loss put a check in loss. That way it won't be as complicated/take as long but we'd still get the basic idea. Just have matches be random.
That sounds good. We'll get a top 8 or something and then do a double-elimination tournament with those players.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Hey juce and whats up james anyway I would like to come how much would I need all I got is 10$ right now how much more will I need ill try and help you guys out for a ride? :confused:

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Not sure, our ride kind of fell through, so we're looking for one. If you went, you'll need at least $10 for the tournament, and then like we'll probably all have to chip in for gas, so get some moneyz quick. Also, if i get my license then i would be driving, but i can't take anyone else in the car except jesse, since he's almost family.

We should still be able to bring 2 tvs with 2 gcns and smashes though, so it's just a matter of finding a suitable driver (which may be me).

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
I'm Going to Be there At thet Tourney (If You Guys Remember me and my Friends) And Hope That Some of You Bellevue Guys can Show Up, That Would Be Aweseome. :) We Went down to The Seattle MLG Tourney last Month but Our Car Broke Down and We didn't Make it. I Really wanted to Test my Skills against You Guys. I can Play a Decent Peach now, My Fox (I Believe, at the Time of MLG Tourney, was Top Tier, But then again I Also thought that of My Ganon Back in the Day) :psycho: My Best is Peach but Im going to Try and Re-Sharpen my Fox's Speed by Sat, but No Promises. I Still Play Ganon quite Efficiantly, Now More so Than Last Time I Went Up to Bellevue a Year Ago, I Also think I Have a Combatable Zelda and Possibly C. Falcon (Maybe Ice Climbers Too)... Anyways, If Any of You Bellevue Guys Show Up That Would Really Be Great so I Could See How Much I've Improoved.

I Will Accept Money Matches Against Anyone Willing. I'll Have About $25 for Money Matches so If Anyone Who is Going wants To Spar Just Ask Round For That Vegeta Kid or Something:p My Real name is Frank but I Also Go by Tetsuo but To Make it Less Confusing just Call me Vegeta I guess.

So Yeah... Hope Lots of Diciplined Fighters Show up and Thanks Everyone in Advanced for Showing Up. And Thanks To All The Bellevue Crew for Rocking Me and My Friends so Hard at this Game and Making Us Try Harder :)

Hope To See you All There...
:chuckle:

Juce

Smash Ace
Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
I Will Accept Money Matches Against Anyone Willing. I'll Have About $25 for Money Matches so If Anyone Who is Going wants To Spar Just Ask Round For That Vegeta Kid or Something:p
so, $25 money match? jk

yeah, i cant go... i have to work because there is going to be 3 parties that day.

i could come on sunday and money match people to make it worth it, but i dont think anyone will be there so bleh.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Juce said:
yeah, i cant go... i have to work because there is going to be 3 parties that day.
haha, i was going to tell you sometime that i'm not taking you anyway, so i guess it works out. Also, everyone should check out the next Portland area tournament, scheduled for November 19th. The thread is here.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
I Will Accept Money Matches Against Anyone Willing. I'll Have About $25 for Money Matches so If Anyone Who is Going wants To Spar Just Ask Round For That Vegeta Kid or Something:p My Real name is Frank but I Also Go by Tetsuo but To Make it Less Confusing just Call me Vegeta I guess.

Does this include money matches for n64 too?

btw at the tourney anybody wanna play n64 money match against me, ask around for alex.

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Cap'n Crunch said:
haha, i was going to tell you sometime that i'm not taking you anyway, so i guess it works out. Also, everyone should check out the next Portland area tournament, scheduled for November 19th. The thread is here.
Are you still able to make it up this weekend for the tournament or am I just reading what you said wrong?

Peaches

Smash Lord
Oh crap! I've got an emergency and odds are against me. I don't think I can make it. O.o;

I'll try to, but it doesn't look like I can.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, i'm not actually sure anymore. As i said before, my ride fell through, and i'm not sure if my mom would let me drive even if i do get my license. So yeah, i'll try, but i might not be able to make it.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
I'm Going to Be there At thet Tourney (If You Guys Remember me and my Friends) And Hope That Some of You Bellevue Guys can Show Up, That Would Be Aweseome. :) We Went down to The Seattle MLG Tourney last Month but Our Car Broke Down and We didn't Make it. I Really wanted to Test my Skills against You Guys. I can Play a Decent Peach now, My Fox (I Believe, at the Time of MLG Tourney, was Top Tier, But then again I Also thought that of My Ganon Back in the Day) :psycho: My Best is Peach but Im going to Try and Re-Sharpen my Fox's Speed by Sat, but No Promises. I Still Play Ganon quite Efficiantly, Now More so Than Last Time I Went Up to Bellevue a Year Ago, I Also think I Have a Combatable Zelda and Possibly C. Falcon (Maybe Ice Climbers Too)... Anyways, If Any of You Bellevue Guys Show Up That Would Really Be Great so I Could See How Much I've Improoved.

So Yeah... Hope Lots of Diciplined Fighters Show up and Thanks Everyone in Advanced for Showing Up. And Thanks To All The Bellevue Crew for Rocking Me and My Friends so Hard at this Game and Making Us Try Harder :)

Hope To See you All There...
Hey Frank were you at the V games about a year ago in portland? and you played as gannondorf?

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Riot6777 said:
Hey Frank were you at the V games about a year ago in portland? and you played as gannondorf?
Yeah Dude, I Played Ganon at That V Games, Placed 5th, Lost by 1 Move to a Samus from Over There :( It was Good Smashing Though. :)

Also, M3tr01D, I Don't Play N64 Smash :dizzy:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Vegeta SSj4 Eva said:
Yeah Dude, I Played Ganon at That V Games, Placed 5th, Lost by 1 Move to a Samus from Over There :( It was Good Smashing Though. :)

Also, M3tr01D, I Don't Play N64 Smash :dizzy:

Sorry Frank I was the samus who took you out anyway you should come to the tournament in sherwood :chuckle:

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Actually I'm Leaving The Country Next Week Sometime :urg: Going on Vacation for About a Year or So, This is Going to Be my Last Smash Tourney which is Why I was Hoping Lots of Good Players Came :) I'd Like to Test My 'C. Ganon' Vs. Your Samus Again :smoke: (That's What I Call him Because I Believe I've Revved up His Speed to a Slow C. Falcon Type) I Think Some of the Matches will Be Recorded So Im Gonna Play Alot of Ganondorf since he is My Most Tip Top Competitor Under The Peach, But You Know, Peach is Peach :freak:

Also, I Think I Discovered some Wierd *** Glitch Today that Allows me To Clip the Edge with Ganondorf of C. Falcon after Being Caped ...But I'm Prolly Just Hallucinating or Something :psycho:

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
The tournament is tomorrow, guys! I'll be there at 11:30 to set up, and anyone who wants to help is free to show up early! Otherwise, door will be open at noon. Expect the main tournament to start around 1:00 or 1:30.

If anyone needs my contact information, please be sure to send me a PM. If you don't think you'll be able to get back to the forum tonight or before you leave, send me a number I can contact you at and let me know that I need to do so.

Again, if you have a TV, Gamecube, Smash, and/or a memory card with everything unlocked, bring it if you can! Also, if anyone has any fold-up chairs or tables and can bring them early, it would be appreciated. We should be fine on room and seating, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to have extras just in case.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
WOW this is coming up very fast, only like, 18 hours till we get to smash till we drop :p Hope to see alot of you guys there, I know it will be a blast. I'm bringing my n64 so hopefully we can get some games on that too, cause n64 >>> melee :D

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to everyone who showed up, and a special thanks to M3tr01D for taking the trip down from Spokane! It was unfortunate that so many people couldn't make it, but hopefully they'll be able to come to the next one we throw!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Buzz is comin'...

Sandman said:
hopefully they'll be able to come to the next one we throw!
Assuming you set up a tournament in late December, count me in. Rexburg, Idaho has taught me all that I can be taught. It is time for me to venture out into the unknown. Heh, that sounds funny because this so-called unknown is my own hometown. I never knew Richland breeded so many smash players. And I'll sponsor one of the prizes: Sandman, did you tell them about the Master Quest bonus for next time???

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Buzz said:
Assuming you set up a tournament in late December, count me in. Rexburg, Idaho has taught me all that I can be taught. It is time for me to venture out into the unknown. Heh, that sounds funny because this so-called unknown is my own hometown. I never knew Richland breeded so many smash players. And I'll sponsor one of the prizes: Sandman, did you tell them about the Master Quest bonus for next time???
*slaps forehead*

Sorry, I forgot. :(

And we can count on a tournament taking place during the holidays when nobody has an excuse not to come. :D

Vegeta SSj4 Eva

Smash Apprentice
Team C. Falcon #1 Japan

Awesome Tourney Guys! Even Though tournout was Far Less than Expected, It was Still some Awesome Smash From Everyone :)
Can't Wait Till Eric Makes some DVD Copys of the Matches so I can Finnally Study Myself :psycho:

Max Thanks to Andrew for Everything, You're a Great Host Man. Holy Crud, Your Nana F*ck!ng Rocks Man! :chuckle: Maybe We can Have an Ice Bro Battle if I See you Again Before I Leave.

Special Thanks To Levi for Making The Peach Sweat Blood! I Possibly Defeated You Only Because of Your Sleep Depravation :crazy: Get Some Sleep Dude, Next Time You Play With Sleep under Your Belt and My Bro 'The Stitch' Might Play with Me ;) Also C. Ganondorf Always Awaits for His Rematch :flame: Nonstop Awesome Falco Man, I'm Serious.

Extensive Thanks to Alex From Spokane for Coming Down Single Handedly! Good Sessions Man, But Listen, You Shouldn't Put too Much Emphasis on Tiers... Tiers are Good Against People who Play Tiers, But Me, I Just Play for The Experience. My Zelda isn't The Greatest but She Still Holds her Ground Vs. Falcos or Foxes. And Even Though She Is Low and Fox/Falco High, I Believe, When Played At her Best, Zelda Makes a Good Counter for Fox/Falco. She is a Slower Version of Peach You know. Also She still Holds that Wildcard Ace up Her Sleeve... The Shiek :chuckle: I Gotta Master Zelda Before I can Master The Shiek, And When I have Them Both, I will Play The Most Irrational Zelda/Shiek Combo There Is. Play Them as they Truly Are, One. They Are Opposites But I'm Certain there is a Way in Which to Play them as One, Custom Combos Included ;)

Oh Yeah, And Thanks Eric for Recording the Matches Dude. Sweet Stuff Bro. But Yeh Man, You Gotta Play Fox Again Yo, Tetsuo Need a Fox Version 2.0 Again! Also My Bro C. Ganon Wants to Know When The Fox is Going to Come out to Play :flame: Your Doc Mario Pillz is Good, But Your Fox Has More Potential, He Was Just Ahead of His Time so Left, But Tell That N!gg to Quit Slackin and Bust Out Again with That Killer Shine. I Know How it Is when You Stop Playing Fox for a While :(

Anyways, Thanks Again to Everyone! Da Donut Shop Crew Also For Showin Up and Givin my C. Falcon Some Tourney Matches. It's All About Tiger Knee to Da Face X3 (Even Though Tetsuo's Bike Can't Revv That High) :chuckle:

Again, Awesome Smashing From Everyone There and Thanks Again to All of You. Really Had a Great Time and Hope Everyone Else Did As Well... :)

...Now I'm Off to Study My C. Ganondorf/ The Peach/ Zelda/ C. Falcon #1 Japan Team :laugh:

Peace Out Guys, You All Are Great :) You Might Be Able to Still Find Me On AIM when I'm Gone... If Not, Then Good Luck to You All and Thanks Alot, The Mad Hatter Returns in 1Year :smoke:

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
<i>But Listen, You Shouldn't Put too Much Emphasis on Tiers...</i>

hehe, I don't put too much emphasis on them, without top and very high characters, I couldn't get a life off of anybody that was there O_o melee isn't really my game, I like n64 way better :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Beware of BUZZ...

Alright everyone listen up! Apparently Sandman forgot to mention it, but I'll say it here. I will be coming home this December. I plan on participating in the next Team Meow tournament. I intend to sponsor the tournament by offering a MINT, UNOPENED copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest bonus disc to the winner.

However, more importantly, I myself intend to participate. What kind of smasher am I, you ask? Well, I just finished a tournament here in Rexburg, Idaho. There were 18 participants. I took first in the Team Tournament and second in the Singles Tournament. (I was defeated by Wob. He knows my Young Link inside and out so he destroyed me at the end even after I had previously sent him into the losers bracket.) I want all you peeps that bailed out to actually show up this time. Let's have an awesome holiday tournament! I want to play some new opponents! Do you think you have what it takes to defeat the almighty Young Link???

Loop

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys.

I'm from Spokane, and I was planning to go to this tournament for a long time, but something came up just a few days before saturday which resulted in me driving to Seattle. If you host another one, I'll be there for sure.

Also, I'd really like to see the videos from the tournament. I've never participated in one and I'm just curious to see how you all play.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Sorry about not being able to make it to this one, i'll make sure to not rely on worthless people next time to give me a ride. What did the turnout end up being and are there any bracket results you guys could post?

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
We look forward to seeing all of you at the next tournament! I'm putting it upon all of us to show Buzz what exactly he's been missing since he went away and did the whole "get educated" thing. Pssh. Seriously, who does that anymore? :laugh:

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
Sandman said:
;We look forward to seeing all of you at the next tournament! I'm putting it upon all of us to show Buzz what exactly he's been missing since he went away;
;and did the whole "get educated" thing. Pssh. Seriously, who does that anymore? :laugh:;

Defntly looking forward to that,

**** school! Always getin in the way! :mad:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm way pumped...

Sandman said:
We look forward to seeing all of you at the next tournament! I'm putting it upon all of us to show Buzz what exactly he's been missing since he went away and did the whole "get educated" thing. Pssh. Seriously, who does that anymore? :laugh:
I know! I'm so old-fashioned, aren't I? Hehehe... I am extremely excited to see what I've been missing out on. Trust me, if you guys all end up kicking my trash, I'll only be more excited because it'll mean I have more to learn! BOO YAH! With the dwindeling number of Young Link players, however, I believe it is safe to say that none of you have seen what you are about to see. Speaking of which, did anyone use Young Link in the tournament? How about Link?

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Buzz said:
I know! I'm so old-fashioned, aren't I? Hehehe... I am extremely excited to see what I've been missing out on. Trust me, if you guys all end up kicking my trash, I'll only be more excited because it'll mean I have more to learn! BOO YAH! With the dwindeling number of Young Link players, however, I believe it is safe to say that none of you have seen what you are about to see. Speaking of which, did anyone use Young Link in the tournament? How about Link?
Nah, but every other piece of the Triforce was represented. I think the healthy number of good Fox players kept any hopeful Links at bay. :chuckle:

And hey, I'm really hoping that you come back to kick our *****. We'll see if all your game time pays off!

Top Bottom