• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/29: Richland, Washington Tournament presented by Team Meow

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Um, to the spokane people that are going I might need a ride there, anybody have extra room in their car? Would be much appreciated and I'd be more then willing to help out with gas.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I'll be driving, so I can take 4 people. I'll ask the other guys if anyone else is coming.

PvtCaboiose

Smash Cadet
well im hopin me and green fox can make it down there and about the vids, you can blame our kitten for that one she utterly destroyed 2 seperate cords we bought to upload the vids... umm we'll try to hav them ready b4 the tourney....btw, Sk8n you are hereby challenged to a rematch of the final... and this time your goin down lol.

mrbones123185

Smash Rookie
i have a 19in tv and GC with 1 control that i can take and some friends can also take GC too if need be. and if YOU really need T.V.s i will bring my 25 sony wega cant wait. anyone from pasco or anywhere else stop by daily dounuts right by pasco high and smash it there from 12:00 to 6:00 mon-fri and 12:00 to 2:00 on sat and sun :chuckle: :laugh: :)

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
PvtCaboiose said:
well im hopin me and green fox can make it down there and about the vids, you can blame our kitten for that one she utterly destroyed 2 seperate cords we bought to upload the vids... umm we'll try to hav them ready b4 the tourney....btw, Sk8n you are hereby challenged to a rematch of the final... and this time your goin down lol.
deal, sept your stayin down

PvtCaboiose

Smash Cadet
Sandman said:
I hope you guys have been getting some practice time in! ^.^
Ohh yah... weve been practicing nonstop since the day after the tourney.... you guys better be ready for a challenge, lol

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I will probably need a ride (I'm out in stevens county though if you know where that is, its just outside spokane) so when I know for sure could we arrange a meeting place or something?

Peaches

Smash Lord
Well, It looks like only 2 people are coming. possibly 3. I'll PM you or something once I get a hold of them.

I don't take up much space :D

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Wow, just saw this by chance.

That's the weekend after i get my license, so i may be able to convinve my mom to let me drive out there for a first trip sort of thing. I won't know until like next week or something, but if i come i can bring 2 TVs and 2 GCNs with smash. I'd most likely only be able to take 1 person with me though.

I'll accept any money matches people would like to make, I play samus. My friend probably will accept some as well, he plays Fox, CF, and Ylink. Probably like $1-$10 is all we'll do.

EDIT** I would say to give prize money only to top 3, maybe top 4 if the turnout is large. Also, would it be cool if i came on friday and crashed at your place or something, 3 hour drive in the morning doesn't sound fun.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I'm going to assume that was directed towards me.. We don't really play ssb64 at all, so like only money matches for ssbm i guess.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Hey, I was hoping you guys would reply.

If I get some money I'll money match you guys. (donation, lol)

This'll be sweet

I'm only taking 1 person it looks like.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
bleh I'm not good enough at melee to put money on the line ^_^ n64 though I'll play anybody for any amount, anytime ;)

Peaches

Smash Lord
I'll play N64, but not for money. I'll play anyone in GGXX or MvC2 if they have it

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Cap'n Crunch said:
Wow, just saw this by chance.

That's the weekend after i get my license, so i may be able to convinve my mom to let me drive out there for a first trip sort of thing. I won't know until like next week or something, but if i come i can bring 2 TVs and 2 GCNs with smash. I'd most likely only be able to take 1 person with me though.

I'll accept any money matches people would like to make, I play samus. My friend probably will accept some as well, he plays Fox, CF, and Ylink. Probably like $1-$10 is all we'll do.

EDIT** I would say to give prize money only to top 3, maybe top 4 if the turnout is large. Also, would it be cool if i came on friday and crashed at your place or something, 3 hour drive in the morning doesn't sound fun.
Sweet. As far as the prize money, that's what I'm thinking will happen. Unless there's a large turnout, top 3 will get the money split in a 50%/35%/15% fashion. As far as crashing at my place, that should be okay. Keep me posted, though!

Peaches, are you still planning on coming down the night before, too?

M3tr01D said:
Just thought I would ask this now, who and how much would you be willing to do for n64 money matches?
I know that at least two of my friends are likely to show up primarily for the N64 bit. I haven't talked to them about the prospect of a money match, but I should be seeing them this weekend. I'll let you know.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I will be there the day before. I leave Spokane at about 6 So I'll probably be there around 9.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Hey, umm.. small possible change of plans for us. There could be three of us coming, still not sure. Would it still be cool for housing and stuff? If it is we might be inclined to bring 3 Tvs + GCNs (2 for sure though, well, we could bring that many, but you might not need that many TVs).

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. Well, if Peaches is bringing someone with him and there will be 3 in your group, that would be 5 people sleeping over total. I'm fine with it, but I don't know how you guys feel about sleeping on the floor right next to someone else. Bring sleeping bags, for sure. As for the TVs, the more we have allows for a quicker tournament and gives us a better chance for more to happen at the tournament.

Sk8nMasta

Smash Apprentice
Sandman said:
Hmmm. Well, if Peaches is bringing someone with him and there will be 3 in your group, that would be 5 people sleeping over total. I'm fine with it, but I don't know how you guys feel about sleeping on the floor right next to someone else. Bring sleeping bags, for sure. As for the TVs, the more we have allows for a quicker tournament and gives us a better chance for more to happen at the tournament.
i call couch

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Haha, forgot that you were staying over too. Man, it's going to be a regular slumber party! I'll get the sheets and clothespins and we'll make forts and stuff!

Also, I'm considering a different tournament style since we're going to have so many TVs, it looks like. What would you guys think about a format that would go something like this: Everyone plays best 2 out of 3 matches against 4-5 other people. The top 6-10 or so people at the end of those matches go into another similar bracket and it continues as such until there is a final match.

Thoughts?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
you mean pools? as long as it is organized well then i'd be up for it. The thing i like about pools is that it gives everyone a chance to play more and usually has more accurate results.

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
Cap'n Crunch said:
you mean pools? as long as it is organized well then i'd be up for it. The thing i like about pools is that it gives everyone a chance to play more and usually has more accurate results.
I think it'd be really swell to have everyone play everyone else, but we'll see what happens I guess. :laugh:

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
M3tr01D said:
whats the tv count up to now? isn't it something like 7?
Probably more, actually, from people I've talked to around here. It should be enough for our nerdy needs.

Would you guys rather play a tournament format where you play against everyone (or like half of the people there) and then the top players face off? It's looking like we'll have enough means to do so in a shorter amount of time, so if that's something you guys would want to try, I'd be all for it. Brackets might get tricky, but maybe we'll just keep a record of wins or something. Otherwise we'll just stick to the double-elimination type.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Since we have SOOOOOO many tv's lets to a n64 and a melee tourney. Could divide it up 4 tv's for each system, if more people could bring n64 (I only got my one that I could bring)

Or if you wanted to keep tourneys strictly melee we should use that massive number of tv's to do round robin first, then do brackets off of that. Doing a n64 tourney as well is my vote though.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I say we do the melee tournament as quickly as possible, and then as soon as there are holes for the TVs, start the 64 for whoever wants to enter it. Round Robins are usually more accurate for their results, so i'd say to have the whole tourney like that.

Sandman

Smash Journeyman
M3tr01D said:
Since we have SOOOOOO many tv's lets to a n64 and a melee tourney. Could divide it up 4 tv's for each system, if more people could bring n64 (I only got my one that I could bring)

Or if you wanted to keep tourneys strictly melee we should use that massive number of tv's to do round robin first, then do brackets off of that. Doing a n64 tourney as well is my vote though.
Hey, if there's demand for it, I won't stop it. I'm not interested in N64 Smash anymore, but it's cool if people want to play it. As long as we're playing some form of Smash and people are having fun!

I'm also liking the idea of a Round Robin style more and more. It seems like it'd be hard to keep track of... Any thoughts or ideas?

Top Bottom