• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 new character per week equals....

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
15 more characters in the total roster..... disappointing?

in addition to the already confirmed 18 chars taht brings it to 33, which is consciderably more than melee

thoughts?

Adi

Smash Lord
Not to mention in Melee Sakurai didn't reveal all the newcomers until after it's release. Also he could crank it up and pump out 2 characters a week or go down and have none. Predictions for the Brawl roster do not mean anything at th is point.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention in Melee Sakurai didn't reveal all the newcomers until after it's release. Also he could crank it up and pump out 2 characters a week or go down and have none. Predictions for the Brawl roster do not mean anything at th is point.
*disregards entire character discussion section*

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

They were all revealed prior to release. There was a last-minute press release that identified all 11 unlockable characters shorly before launch.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
We got 2 character confirmations last week: Pokémon Trainer and Peach. Oh, and Sakurai said that he wouldn't post unlockable characters before the game comes out (he did the same thing for Melee).
ok nice yea you right, the daily thing gets confusing my weeks are mashing up altogether

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
There's already a relatively big (and much more in-depth) post theorizing the roster size a few posts down.

Though I'll say that I'm also expecting a roster size of 34-36, and for more reasons than just "that's how many updates we have left".

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Well considering what you said, plus the fact secret characters might be kept that way until release, we could be looking at 40 characters. Which I'm sure everyone would love.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I want 50 characters and call it a day.... :|
Expecting 50 characters is pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment, IMO.

Keep in mind that any previously cloned character that will be getting a new moveset essentially, programming-wise, counts as a newcomer.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Expecting 50 characters is pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment, IMO.

Keep in mind that any previously cloned character that will be getting a new moveset essentially, programming-wise, counts as a newcomer.
wanting and expecting are two very different things....

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
15 more characters in the total roster..... disappointing?

in addition to the already confirmed 18 chars taht brings it to 33, which is consciderably more than melee

thoughts?
exactly wat i joined smashboards for. to tell people that there will be 17 new unlockables.
and 27 returning. all i have to say is that this isnt disappointing at all. we want more. and thats wat we'll get. 100%.
ive been write so far about petey pirhanna and diddy kong bieng in brawl, and an animal crossing charcter too. (yes there will be one because if you look at the animal crossing music update you can see the hint implied with the quote.... "heroes arrive late" wtf character = mr ressetti. so u should believe this list.
1.ridley
2.baby mario riding yoshi.
3.bowser jr.
4. king k rool
5. diddy kong
6. King dedede
7. Birdo
8. toad/ petey
9. captain olimar
10. krystal
11. mr ressetti
12. lyn
13. wolf
14. megaman
15. sonic
16. tingle
17. ??? unexpected... perhaps 2D mario, or PT2

argue this list....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I doubt the pattern of one new character per week will last that long, and besides there'll most likely be more characters then announced on the site by the release date.

Wreked

Smash Lord
We could get two characters a week. Like PT and Peach. Link and Mario. Pikachu and Kirby. Fox and Samus. And it will most likely happen again.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
argue this list....
Too easy.

We can't begin believing others 'wish lists' just because they guess right a few times..
What he said.

First of all, the only two guesses you have right barely do anything for your arguement. Diddy was the most obvious and predictable newcomer ever, everyone knew he would be in, and if you tried to deny it you were just silly. And you don't even know if Petey is playable, for all you know he's just an adventure mode boss. So how does this prove your wishlist, exactly?

I could do the same thing by saying that, one, I predicted Diddy, and two, a year ago I visualized a Pokemon Trainer as a character. My ideas were completely different than what Sakurai did, but being vague is exactly what you're using to "prove" your list.

Wreked

Smash Lord
exactly wat i joined smashboards for. to tell people that there will be 17 new unlockables.
and 27 returning. all i have to say is that this isnt disappointing at all. we want more. and thats wat we'll get. 100%.
ive been write so far about petey pirhanna and diddy kong bieng in brawl, and an animal crossing charcter too. (yes there will be one because if you look at the animal crossing music update you can see the hint implied with the quote.... "heroes arrive late" wtf character = mr ressetti. so u should believe this list.
1.ridley
2.baby mario riding yoshi.
3.bowser jr.
4. king k rool
5. diddy kong
6. King dedede
7. Birdo
8. toad/ petey
9. captain olimar
10. krystal
11. mr ressetti
12. lyn
13. wolf
14. megaman
15. sonic
16. tingle
17. ??? unexpected... perhaps 2D mario, or PT2

argue this list....
1. Yeah
2. No we got yoshi that's enough
3. I kinda hope so but I won't care that much
4. Can you say boss?
5. Woot
6. See 3
7. No I can't see it AT maybe
8. Toad is most likley not in because of the peach update and why is petey red he's not confirmed you just fight him.
9. Yeah
10. Yeah
11. Yeah
12. Yeah
13. Yeah
14. Yeah
15. Yeah
16. Oh god please no, I hate this guy with a passion.
17. PT2? WTF if anything he or she will be a costume change.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
1.ridley- Most def
2.baby mario riding yoshi.--- why?????
3.bowser jr.-- nice
4. king k rool--- cool
5. diddy kong---- sigh
6. King dedede---- he will be in
7. Birdo--- eh couldnt care less
8. toad/ petey---- awkward
9. captain olimar--- never played pikmin
10. krystal--- wouldnt mind either way
11. mr ressetti--- cant see it happening
12. lyn --- who??????
13. wolf---- sweet
14. megaman---- meh....really why?
15. sonic---- oh god no
16. tingle---- :| x 2654378956743
17. ??? unexpected... perhaps 2D mario, or PT2 ---add mach rider black shadow, black knight and we're good

argue this list....
argued this list....

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
34-36 characters would suck.

That would be a complete waste of two (and a half?) years of making this game. They can do far better than that.

Sakurai will make sure there are more than that, he wants his fans to be happy.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
And about -7 secret characters. Which makes it a balanced 40.

Perfect.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
1.ridley Hellz yeah.
2.baby mario riding yoshi. Hellz no
3.bowser jr. Likely, but don't get your hopes up
4. king k rool Nope
5. diddy kong That was a given
6. King dedede Hell would freeze over if Dedede was deconfirmed
7. Birdo Ideal assist trophy material
8. toad/ petey Both were pretty much deconfirmed already
9. captain olimar Oh yeah
10. krystal Better than Wolf
11. mr ressetti Possibly
12. lyn HAHAHAHA... no
13. wolf Generic villain characters for the loss
14. megaman Gah, not more anime-esque characters, but he's pretty likely so whatever
15. sonic ..unless Sakurai wants to die at the hands of a million rabid Sonic fanboys
16. tingle OMG, too good :laugh:

Now to add some:

Marth
Falco
Mewtwo
ICs and or G&W
Lucario (I hate him but ah well)
Skull Kid/Vati/Midna
Black Shadow
New franchise rep that made their debut on the GCN (Battalion Wars character or Ray MK numbers?)
Retro goodness (Mach Rider/Balloon Fighter or others)

argue this list....
That's better.

goodkid

Smash Lord
35 characters seems unrealistic. That's only 10 more characters from Melee, and Sakurai had plenty of time to create new ones. I expect 40-50 characters, considering the time they've had to create characters, and AT's hint how many character ideas they've had.

There will most likely be more than 2 characters a week. Why would Sakurai only give 1 a week?

"Heroes arrive late" that could mean anything, that's like cartoons and movies, Villains create chaos and

Heroes save the day. :cool:

goodkid

Smash Lord
Wait, is there only 1 veteran and 2 newcomer's to be released, because on the character Dojo page, that's the only room left, unless Sakurai just makes the page bigger. Maybe that will be the default roster, 20 characters.

Or until something big happens.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Wait, is there only 1 veteran and 2 newcomer's to be released, because on the character Dojo page, that's the only room left, unless Sakurai just makes the page bigger. Maybe that will be the default roster, 20 characters.

When a line fills they add a new one.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

the veteran fighters page was already streched to make room for donkey kong. same with the newcomers page with poketrainer. there will be a lot more on the characters page by dec 2. all of the melee starters arent there, unless they are taking a crapload of characters out of this game :laugh:

oh, and its virtually impossible for there to only be a 34 character roster. perhaps a 34 character starting roster, but not 34 characters in all. they've been given way to much time to only program 8 new characters in the game.

Wreked

Smash Lord

Oh yeah I just noticed that. But i'm sure he'll just extend the page. I kinda doubt that PT, Diddy, and Ike are starting characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I kinda doubt that PT, Diddy, and Ike are starting characters.
Why?

Don't worry about there only being one slot left, there was a time when the Newcomer's slots where filled, and when Pokemon Trainer was announced it went down to another row.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
lame

I really doubt that.

1.How can there be 27 returning?
2.What makes your word so strong?
my word isnt so strong. its an opinion. no1 is 100% right. like none of you will get everything you want 100%. oh and i guess i added sheik and miscounted. w.e .anyways, i beieve that the list i put is just a list of the most well known characters to be in brawl. its an opinion, learn how to discuss.

wow half of u guys arent discussing anything. how lame

Talendime

Smash Ace
my word isnt so strong. its an opinion. no1 is 100% right. like none of you will get everything you want 100%. oh and i guess i added sheik and miscounted. w.e .anyways, i beieve that the list i put is just a list of the most well known characters to be in brawl. its an opinion, learn how to discuss.

wow half of u guys arent discussing anything. how lame

So what that means you counted the ice climbers as two characters as well?
What the hell do you mean, learn how to discuss , you said you wanted to tell us all how there were this many characters. What did you know?

Top Bottom