• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 new character for every dlc fighters universe. Who would you choose?

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Lets say that every DLC fighter gets a new fighter with them, for FREE! They must be from the characters universe and they could be anybody you want. Please be civil in the comments and respect each others opinions.

Joker gets Ann Takamaki

Hero gets Hendrik

Banjo gets Gruntilda

Terry gets Iori

Byleth gets Edelgard

Min-min gets Ninjara

Steve gets Iron Golem

Sephiroth gets Tifa

Aegis gets Morag

Kazuya gets Ling Xiaoyu

Sora gets Roxas

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm, grunty, claude, ninjara, cecil, rex and riku

and id ask the others to please close the door on their way out

My Ideas:
Joker gets Yu

Hero gets Slime

Banjo gets Mumbo Jumbo

Terry gets Mai or Iori

Byleth gets Edelgard

Min-Min gets Twintelle (for her thiccness)

Steve gets Illager

Sephiroth gets Tifa

Pythra gets Nia

Kazuya gets Jin

Sora gets Xehanort

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Joker (Persona/SMT): Whilst the chaotic part of me wants to say either Elizabeth or Aigis, my vote has to go for the Jack Bros. - that is, Jack Frost and Pyro Jack working together. Acting as a very interesting nod to the Virtual Boy title, as well as being some of the most popular demons in the series, they'd be cool additions with plenty of personality - hee-ho!

Hero (Dragon Quest): Slime. Feels like a logical choice to me, plus a cool idea for a composite character of sorts. Admittedly, I know very little about Dragon Quest... sorry.

Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie): I guess Mumbo Jumbo? I don't know Banjo-Kazooie well, but the idea of him being able to turn into different animals for his attacks sounds like a lot of fun.

Terry (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters): My own pick here would be Iori Yagami, but with the added benefit of his Go!! meter allowing him to change form into Orochi Iori - giving him a boost in speed and attack power, though only for a limited time and with a significant debuff in defence.

Byleth (Fire Emblem): Hmm... I'm actually going to say Kiran, from Fire Emblem Heroes. Aside from being a mobile rep, his summoner archetype would really make him unique in the cast - plus, he'd surely be original enough not to get dislike-bombed on YouTube.

Min-Min (ARMS): Personally, I'd love to see Helix. His zany personality, combined with his really unique liquidy animations, would make him a really fun inclusion to see, and might differentate him somewhat from Min-Min.

Steve (Minecraft): Hmm... there's not many characters from Minecraft that would work well as fighters, but a unique archetype to see could be a Villager. The idea would be, they have a similar mechanic to Steve but moreso representing trading, as well as the potential to have different attacks based on their various roles, and skins based on either different colour palettes, or different models like in the more recent updates.

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy): I'm a little torn on this one. The idea of a character like Tifa getting in would, admittedly, be cool - and a gunslinger archetype in the form of Vincent would be a nice twist on the Smash formula - but my vote goes to Black Mage, simply because he could bring the Final Fantasy magic system to the table. Would he have similarities to Hero? Potentially, but I don't think Command Selection would fit him. Rather, his various magical attacks are more organically fitted into his moveset (a little like in SSF2.)

Aegis (Xenoblade): I suppose Elma, from Xenoblade Chronicles X? I don't know much about the Xenoblade series, admittedly, and I suppose she'd make a lot of people happy - as well as bringing X music to Smash, which would be nice.

Kazuya (Tekken): Given my incredible lack of knowledge on Tekken, I'm going to just toss out King - being a cool design with his leopard mask, as well as a fighting game grappler, he's a cool addition I suppose, plus he'd fit in pretty well.

Sora (Kingdom Hearts): King Mickey Mouse. I know by far the least about Kingdom Hearts, but the idea of an exceptionally edgy rendition of Mickey ****ing Mouse being playable in Smash Bros. is so funny to me, I'd probably be fine with it.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
1. Jack Frost
This may technically be considered cheating here, but I really think that Megami Tensei as a whole deserves to be included alongside Persona. And adding the mascot of the series is probably the best way to do that in my opinion.

2. Rocket
The main character from the Rocket Slime series is a great way to represent the series mascot while still being an actual character with a full moveset to draw from. And you can't tell me this wouldn't be a fun character to work with.

3. Gruntilda
Adding villains to Smash is always a hoot! If Grunty gets in, Bear and Bird get the boot! I'm bad at rhyming so I will say no more. Just know that Grunty in Smash would not be a bore!

4. Athena Asamiya
This is stretching a bit, but if we use the version of her from the King of Fighters I think it should still count. And to be honest, I only picked her because I main her in the only KOF game I've ever played...

5. I know nothing about Fire Emblem...

6. Mechanica
I have a bias for characters who pilot mechs. Mechanica is really cool in my opinion, and I think she'd be neat in Smash if she was like Min Min but bulkier...maybe they could find some ways to balance her ARMS better, too...

7. Pillager Captain
I unironically believe that the Pillager Captain would be a very interesting Smash character. They will fight using the powers of all the other Illagers, but they can also summon those Illagers to form a Raiding Party in battle!

8. Tifa
I don't know much about Final Fantasy but I think Tifa would be a neat pick from what I've seen...can't say much else, though...

9. I know nothing about Xenoblade...

10. Roger Jr.
My Tekken knowledge is very limited, so I picked the dumbest character I knew about. It's literally a boxing kangaroo, what more could you ask for?

11. Xehanort
You could add anyone from the series to fill this requirement Master Xehanort is a very powerful old man, and he'd be awesome in Smash. He'd be like Ganondorf, but he's old and probably gets to siphon the Darkness from his opponent's Hearts or something to attack.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
you really dont know anything about KH if you think that
By my own admission... no, I honestly don't. I won't pretend to be a KH fan, and admittedly, there are probably far better choices for the character in question. I would like to deeply apologise if I've hurt anyone's feelings - I know for one that a series can be very close to people, especially one like Kingdom Hearts.

Though... I do still think Mickey Mouse would be funny to see in Smash

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
By my own admission... no, I honestly don't. I won't pretend to be a KH fan, and admittedly, there are probably far better choices for the character in question. I would like to deeply apologise if I've hurt anyone's feelings - I know for one that a series can be very close to people, especially one like Kingdom Hearts.

Though... I do still think Mickey Mouse would be funny to see in Smash
i dont see why anyones feelings would be hurt by that. but i think someones been lying to you about the edgy mickey thing

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
:ultpiranha: - Waluigi
:ultjoker: - Protagonist from another Persona game (I know nothing about this franchise lol)
:ulthero: - The Dracolord (Antagonist from the first game)
:ultbanjokazooie: - Gruntilda
:ult_terry: - Geese Howard
:ultbylethf: - Grima
:ultminmin - RIBBON GIRL!!!
:ultsteve: - Idk...the Ender Dragon?
:ultsephiroth: - Protagonist from another FF game
:ultpyra: - Elma
:ultkazuya: - Yoshimitsu
:ultsora: - Ansem would be AWESOME

Top Bottom