• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Ice climber ftw !!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Of course everybody knows Popo and Nana works best together !

But have you ever felt better/stronger when Nana got KO'd and you were left alone?

I sometimes feel like my opponent is underestimating me when I only got Popo left.
This is where i go berserk!!!

They don't seem to expect a lonley IC play as offensive or even MORE offensive
than 2 IC's !

~ A lonewolf is a strong wolf ~

chewyy

Smash Ace
Of course everybody knows Popo and Nana works best together !

But have you ever felt better/stronger when Nana got KO'd and you were left alone?

I sometimes feel like my opponent is underestimating me when I only got Popo left.
This is where i go berserk!!!

They don't seem to expect a lonley IC play as offensive or even MORE offensive
than 2 IC's !

~ A lonewolf is a strong wolf ~
If they are sandbagging because one climber died, they probably aren't playing seriously. :)
And offensive isn't necessarily good.... right?

chewyy

Smash Ace
Well, it could get a little confusing when you are solo popo, because your playstyle changes (at least mine does) but you SHOULD get wrecked without nana.... IMO.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Well, it could get a little confusing when you are solo popo, because your playstyle changes (at least mine does) but you SHOULD get wrecked without nana.... IMO.
and this is what you're opponent thinks, giving them a false sense of security ;D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I made a two stock come back with Popo alone one time. Can't remember how I did with the whole adrenaline rush and all.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I 3 stocked a Falco with SoPo after he 3 stocked my Nana and took out 2 of my stocks without taking damage.

I also took off 2 stocks off a Game and Watch in tourney with SoPo.

My friend who mains Toon Link always had way more difficulty with my SoPo.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Anytime I play as the Ice climbers, whenever Nana gets killed, I kill my opponent and scream "I have avenged my sister!!!" >.> lol...

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Playing as a solo Ice Climber is pretty good,so I don't have to worry about chain grabbing and desynching. And then I can rely on using more aerials and d-throw into n-air. :)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i love solo ice climber because i just start attack randomly out of thin air making the opponent think im in panic then lure to an edge, from there i do my very rare roll>fsmash or fair, always works(kills marth at 90% fresh with one ic normally)

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Popo on a random extreemly small walkoffstage is nice, dthrow for the kills FTW, otherwise I think it seems like SoPo had more potencial in melee, being able to move around much more quickly...

Top Bottom