• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.6 Patch Notes/Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I just tried that now and it stills works.

Also, Link feels pretty unchanged to me but up air feels weaker to me. Idk that's probably placebo. Horrible horrible placebo
it was to the side, not directly in the center

regardless, it still used to work

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Well. Rip Bayonetta.

This is probably it imo. If they only bothered to touch one character at this point then its a pretty strong hint that this is the end

DillButt64

Smash Rookie
DDD's Usmash still wiffs on short characters like before, and Dtilt still has the deadzone

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Mega Man appears largely unchanged. I'm on a 3DS, and I'm a little unfamiliar with this version, but I do think that the charged Mega Buster looks bigger, and dSmash feels a bit faster on startup. Could just be that I never get to see those moves normally lol.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
The increase KBG on ABK make death combos that ends with an ABK into uair unreliable.
And again, that is without SDI.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Couple of people on the Ike Discord have said Ike doesn't seem to have any changes.

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
Why are people even bothering to check for changes? It's literally be confirmed, for over 24 hours, that Bayonetta was the only one touched. Seriously.

Arihead

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, new guy here from the Philippines! Some guys here are testing some characters around and apparently Mario, Luigi and Doctor Mario all have had their Up Smashes altered. They are no longer intangible! Also, apparently Yoshi lost his Super/heavy armor on his double jump? Can anyone confirm thes changes?

Lastly, any Villager changes? Still begging for my grab buff. :3

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Just played zelda and it seems to be a placebo effect but D-tilt and jab SEEM like they have a few frames shaved off the end of them.

I could be wrong. I await the data miners hard evidence of course.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, new guy here from the Philippines! Some guys here are testing some characters around and apparently Mario, Luigi and Doctor Mario all have had their Up Smashes altered. They are no longer intangible! Also, apparently Yoshi lost his Super/heavy armor on his double jump? Can anyone confirm thes changes?

Lastly, any Villager changes? Still begging for my grab buff. :3
I saw the same claim for the previous patch search. Probably no.

SonicFire131

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverVen131
3DS FC
2766-9870-4374
just saw a post from static manny on his facebook. His video showed what looked like a range change on Cloud's dair? Can anyone confirm that?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Why are people even bothering to check for changes? It's literally be confirmed, for over 24 hours, that Bayonetta was the only one touched. Seriously.
People like to hope, and the possibility of universal changes or stage border changes still existed.

Too bad if this is the last one. A few small changes here and there would have gone a long way.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Because people have datamined patches before that didn't show the full changelist.

GuardianOfTheLedge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoofNStein
So far D3 feels the same, exept for inhale, which feels a little faster in terms of startup. But it's probably placebo :c. Thats disappointing, I really had my hopes up for some buffs to low tier characters.

verbatim

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
People like to hope, and the possibility of universal changes or stage border changes still existed.

Too bad if this is the last one. A few small changes here and there would have gone a long way.
smash 4 NX 2.0.0 tho

Last edited:

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
just saw a post from static manny on his facebook. His video showed what looked like a range change on Cloud's dair? Can anyone confirm that?
I think it's just placebo or wrong spacing, kurogane confirmed again (with patch out) that it's just bayo.

chUPi

Smash Rookie
Someone here mentioned Pokemon Stadium 2 being tweeked, it seems like the Electric Field's conveyor belts are weaker since now even the slowest characters like Robin can outrun them, the left side of the Ground field's hill now does the little tumble from running off a ledge when you run off it, and the Ice field seems less slippery. I can't confirm any of this with the last patch so if someone can confirm or deny this that would help!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Locking for a bit to make sure everyone sees this.
The only changes were to Bayonetta. This was confirmed before and has been reconfirmed again.

https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/733534623607586817

Don't ask about changes, don't report a lack of changes, we already knew. This is a warning.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Doesn't the datamining have limitations for landing lag? I seem to remember that in earlier iterations, where LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 and a couple other people just checked it manually.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Doesn't the datamining have limitations for landing lag? I seem to remember that in earlier iterations, where LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 and a couple other people just checked it manually.
AFAIK the limitation was in finding where those changes were located. They've since figured out where to find IASA changes and have been able to translate the speed multipliers into frames as well (though occasionally this can be off by a frame or two).

In this case, I believe they did a full comparison between the 1.1.5 and the 1.1.6 files and the only differences were with Bayo's. I'm gonna trust the data-mining on this one and say that Bayo is the only character that got changed.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Alright, now that everyone likely has had a chance to read the post regarding 1.1.6 changes, we're reopening the thread.

Remember to follow the thread rules and be civil.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm glad that I can now safely say that comboing Witch Twist into another Witch Twist works properly. Could get you an early kill off the top in Doubles. Not half as useful anymore, but it's definitely something.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Well, I'm glad that I can now safely say that comboing Witch Twist into another Witch Twist works properly. Could get you an early kill off the top in Doubles. Not half as useful anymore, but it's definitely something.
You could SDI witch twist, I heard you can even SDI downwards to escape.

Ulk

Smash Cadet
You could SDI witch twist, I heard you can even SDI downwards to escape.
The jump inbetween the Witch Twist → Witch Twist combo should allow you to adjust to that... at least against opponents with larger hurtboxes. And I think SDIing down from a Witch Twist makes a good angle for the new DABK to start a follow-up resulting in an additional Witch Twist afterwards, but I haven't really tested that.
But of course the ability of SDIing out exists for all her moves now. We're rather at the point where we need to find out which combos are still functional at all.

illSTEEZ

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
Bayo doesn't seem to be the only character that was changed; check out toon link, quite a few was changed for him! (No lies or trolls)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
TL wasnt changed.

I rate your trolling a 2/10. Try a little harder next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom