• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.5 Zelda Changes?

D

Deleted member

hey did you get frame 9 for ftilt?
I didn't find these, I was reposting from the patch thread. I put the members names to avoid confusion.

Zelda's new grab range is pretty decent from my testing.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Wait
Uair in Smash 4 used to be 7 units big?
It was about 8.2 in Brawl iirc. Yet another buff that was more of a partial un-nerf.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Wait
Uair in Smash 4 used to be 7 units big?
It was about 8.2 in Brawl iirc. Yet another buff that was more of a partial un-nerf.
casual reminder light kicks still have less bkb then from the previous game
Oh, I figured. I was more thinking it was a 4% reduction, myself, but the 2% works. XD
I still really like the nerf, although a KBG nerf would have been nice to be paired with it

Kienamaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kienamaru
3DS FC
2337-6342-5688
Switch FC
6100 0383 6350
These changes are so fantastic. Zelda is finally getting some of the power she needs. Now we just need Din's Fire to get as strong as it was in Brawl, Farore's Wind to halt momentum when used from the air to the ground, and for Phantom Slash to become storeable... which we know that last one won't happen.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
These changes are so fantastic. Zelda is finally getting some of the power she needs. Now we just need Din's Fire to get as strong as it was in Brawl, Farore's Wind to halt momentum when used from the air to the ground, and for Phantom Slash to become storeable... which we know that last one won't happen.
I don't care what they do with this Din's, they're afraid to make it an actual move :secretkpop:

My dream realizable Zelda buff would be a storeable Phantom. That would change so much about how she is played, for the better.

But for now this grab range increase is wonderful. We approaching Melee Marth grab levels again, one tiny step at a time.

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
What may end up having the biggest impact from these buffs is the faster ftilt. Previously, ftilt was borderline unusable except in niche situations. Now we have another aspect to zelda's neutral game to help give her more mix-ups. And of course, ftilt has killing power, so we can start fishing for ftilt KOs.

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
What may end up having the biggest impact from these buffs is the faster ftilt. Previously, ftilt was borderline unusable except in niche situations. Now we have another aspect to zelda's neutral game to help give her more mix-ups. And of course, ftilt has killing power, so we can start fishing for ftilt KOs.
I agree. It's funny because lately I started somewhat incorporating Ftilt as a move (I completely avoided it in the past) and I did find some uses for it. I used to try using FSmash to punish whiffed smashes from opponents but it's too slow for that in many cases, whereas FTilt is better for that purpose. The fact that it's 2-3 frames faster now seals the deal.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
The hitbox increase of Uair might have some serious consequences. Can someone test Uair combos? The following three set-ups in particular:

• Is Dthrow > Uair guaranteed now even if they DI it, or has it just become harder for opponents to DI out of?
  • Late hitbox Utilt > Uair used to combo before the patch too, but it may now combo to kill percent (I have killed Cloud with it in training mode. Was this is a kill confim (not just a combo) before the patch too, and can it be DI'd out of?
  • Dtilt > Uair, can it be DI'd out of still?

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
The official 1.1.5 patch notes thread is reporting now that D-smash total frames reduced, from 40 -> 37.

LOL Keep 'em coming!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Anyone know at what percent Nair killed (near the ledge)? Even with KBG being decreased I think it might kill earlier close to the blastzones. If true this would add a very strong edgegaurding tool.

Chuva

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting Dthrow -> Uair confirms on a Mario with ~100%, even with him DI'ing away and trying to air-dodge/jump.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Someone should test Zelda's up throw to up air at around 80-90%. Unlike with down throw, there's relatively little you can do to DI in either direction, and it feels so much better with the bigger hitbox I'm wondering if it's true or just close to it.

I tested Up Throw to Up Air with DI on Pit, around 80%. The new hitbox makes it incredibly easy to connect whether they DI'd left or right. I managed to make him airdodge, but that might have been me being late with Zelda. I'm not good at the two controller testing.

Because I put that in the social thread, not even paying attention...

The official 1.1.5 patch notes thread is reporting now that D-smash total frames reduced, from 40 -> 37.

LOL Keep 'em coming!
I knew Down Smash was faster and more spammable. I think now you can use it twice in a row to catch someone who spot dodges the first.

Chuva

Smash Apprentice
Tested Uthrow - Uair with Mario at ~80%: he can jump out of it.

Dthrow is confirmable, roughly at ~80-100%. Timing is slightly strict though.

ketchupprecum

Smash Rookie
NNID
ketchupprecum
Does changes to nair affect combos?
Specifically would like to know if there is increased hitstun and how dmg + bkb/kbg are affecting nair.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
WHAT THE HELL.

Sorry not that you made a thread though I feel I should reopen the official thread

BUT WTF

A PATCH

I'm literally about to go to school and I can NOT look at this.

*dies*

phantoon

Smash Cadet
according to the description, if they don't DI or DI towards you, you can get the up air, if they DI away it's apparently a guaranteed bair. still needs to be tested tbh, but thoughts?

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
WHAT THE HELL.

Sorry not that you made a thread though I feel I should reopen the official thread

BUT WTF

A PATCH

I'm literally about to go to school and I can NOT look at this.

*dies*
Oh gorl I feel for you.
This is a good patch for Zelda too.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
LOOOOL

that Ftilt Z axis change?

It's a range increase.
Of 0.5 units

LOL
I bet it ignores the issue, like most of Zelda's buffs, and is not enough of a buff to stop it whiffing thin characters who are hugging Zelda.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
:4zelda:
NB Intangible5-12F -> 5-15F

#42Meshima, Today at 5:32 AM
Last edited: 2 minutes ago
I don't know how to quote, but AWW YEAH.

Tested Uthrow - Uair with Mario at ~80%: he can jump out of it.

according to the description, if they don't DI or DI towards you, you can get the up air, if they DI away it's apparently a guaranteed bair. still needs to be tested tbh, but thoughts?

Dthrow is confirmable, roughly at ~80-100%. Timing is slightly strict though.
We must find the percentages.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
It's more than nice. Our invulnerability frames now go two frames two frames past our attack frames.

I believe it's true, too. When I was playing earlier I didn't trade with any attacks I stuffed out with Nayru's Love. I thought I was lucky.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So from my testing (online) on Doc:

Dthrow > Uair is guaranteed at about 125% after you follow their DI.
Before 125 they can airdodge. They cannot jump away or UpB away.

So basically:

No DI/bad DI: Guaranteed Uair.
DI away before ~125%: 50/50. If they airdodge, lightning kick. If they jump, Uair will catch them.
DI away after ~125%: Guaranteed Uair.

Need someone to confirm this.

theburningstars

Smash Rookie
NNID
theburningstars
Boyfriend and I were playing to feel for changes, so no hard data, but he said he couldn't hop out on my down throw like he used to be able to, so I was able to get follow-ups with uair and lightning kicks more easily. He said that as long as I read his air dodge correctly, even at higher percentages, he was screwed. He said he felt like there was more stun on the down throw, so he couldn't react out of it as quickly.

Take it with a grain of salt, bc patch placebo and he mains Ganon so those results are probably skewed.

EDIT: Just saw uair growth, so nix on that. Still felt like lightnings were easier to get tho.

Last edited:

pixelarcane

Smash Rookie
NNID
pixelarcane
3DS FC
1478-4257-4658
Is it just me or is it harder to land Dthrow -> Nair after 40%? Maybe KBG was changed and that's why it's easier to land Dthrow -> Uair as well.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Nayru's beating instead of trading is huge, and 11 frames of intangibility is pretty long.
I'm so glad senpai noticed us.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
In those Zelda buff threads, I have always said that Nayru's Love overlapping intangibility with at least one attack frame would make the move very powerful, because in PM, it was so good that they had to remove the intangibility from the aerial form entirely.

Seriously, get into the habit of beating out attacks with Nayru's. Clearly, don't spam it too much, but this is going to be how you win up close. The first frame of intangibility comes out same frame as Dsmash, but it covers a much larger area and is much safer than Dsmash in most situations, even though Dsmash is faster. And then you have the air itself.

If you Nayru's a sex kick, you will win.

Last edited:

Mocha Boy

Smash Rookie
Anyone know if we can reliably d throw up air neutral/away di, and back air the in di? So we can cover either scenario on reaction.

Fuj¡nTalksAboutFingerBang

Banned via Warnings
Anyone know if we can reliably d throw up air neutral/away di, and back air the in di? So we can cover either scenario on reaction.
No, when has Zelda ever had reliable d throw to b air combos?????

I'm so confused, neither of these moves changes yet some video of a person landing up air against NON MOVING opponent pops up and you all lose your ****.

Zelda boards PLS

Fuj¡nTalksAboutFingerBang

Banned via Warnings
If you can add me on Facebook, I'll add you to it.
Da'Ryeus Eugene Talley is the name.

Omg I cannot escape this flop wifi Zelda

I had to ban ha from sm4sh hell for posting some terrible match up chart

Coming for Zolda and Machiattos wigs!

He's like the quintessence for all that is wrong with the Zeldawful boards.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
who is this all, I am not all.

grab, jab and Nair buff prob the realest thing this patch with nayru's being able to actually do its job as well
Omg I cannot escape this flop wifi Zelda

I had to ban ha from sm4sh hell for posting some terrible match up chart

Coming for Zolda and Machiattos wigs!

He's like the quintessence for all that is wrong with the Zeldawful boards.
chill? ya chill

Top Bottom