• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.5 Zelda Changes?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Elevator kills her at like 25% if she doesn't DI properly against a max rage Zelda. A Sheik that does not manage to end Zelda's stock first should be very wary because it's very likely that Zelda will have high rage.

And that was before the first weight nerf.
So max rage Zelda can kill anorexic Sheik with two jabs and an elevator?

buzzard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BuzzardU
So max rage Zelda can kill anorexic Sheik with two jabs and an elevator?
Yes, here's one example back from the 1.0.5/1.0.6 days

It wasn't even max rage, though it was close. And consider that Sheik is even lighter now.

I was so bad at this game back then LOL. Please excuse the video quality

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
If 20 is kill percent we have a darn good shot so long as we trade one hit for every 15-25 Sheik lands. With Nayru's Love now being able to help with pressure, we should actually have this.

Someone should see what % our jab->grab->d. throw->up air/back air kills Sheik with max rage. Or grab->nair->nair->back air. Though nair nair bair is really hard.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Speaking of AceStar, is that falling Nair into Elevator he tried to use the whole time true or not, or rage dependend or w/e?
It is true at any % actually because of weight based KB (but with rage the hits cause knockdown which means it can be teched), but he wasn't doing it quite right. A lot of the time he was getting first hit Nairs instead of the full falling Nair.

First hit Nair: combos best on fast fallers. Usually into Usmash/Utilt or UpB and possibly Dtilt/Dsmash on super fast fallers. On floaties you can get Usmash/Utilt only. Also sets up standing grabs and SH Kicks.

Falling Nair: Always combos into at least Dtilt/Dsmash/Utilt. Light and tall characters like Sheik and ZSS can be Usmashed in addition to those other moves plus the Elevator. Heck, even Dash Attack works but it's hard to do and definitely not worth the trouble. For some reason this combo is really finicky on heavyweights, and occasionally fails if you try and UpB. In my experience, landing at least 3 hits of the Nair works the best. You can also grab them if you anticipate a shield.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Is it better to buffer a forward dash or a back dash momentum out of down throw?
depends if you want to be facing them or facing away,
15-30% i'd say towards for front hits on nair
low percents you can go for back hit nair to bair, but front facing nair isn't bad either. either way there isn't a lot of hitstun to play with
once you get to a high enough percent you'd prefer to have your back to them. it leaves bair open which is a faster option then fair and inputing a full dash takes more time

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I meant for the up air or back air kill at kill percents, but all of that information was useful as well.

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
I think we can now close this thread since BJN39 BJN39 reopened the Patch Thread discussions. We can discuss more 1.1.5 Zelda there. Thanks for the contributions tho. :D

Top Bottom