• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.8 Patch Changes

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was definitely some balance changes done in the update. Post Sheik findings here.

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
Stuck on downloading the patch but hopefully some buffs!

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Sheik has no damage nerfs or buffs. F-air is still ridiculous.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Anybody got the kill percents for Sheik? I can't find mine.

EDIT:

Yo, got some quick kill percents. Done on Mario in Training mode from the exact middle of FD:

BF - 153%
Vanish - 130%
F-smash - 132%
U-smash (weak hit) - 152%
D-smash - 149%

Can anyone with a pre-patch copy test these, to see if they've been changed in the current patch?

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
OH MY GOD

I know this is a double post but it's necessary

They removed...needle gliding

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
OH MY GOD

I know this is a double post but it's necessary

They removed...needle gliding
Do you mean like Runoff > Needles, big momentum boost? B/c if so, then it seems to be happening to other characters, (At least Zelda and Nayru.) as well.

From what I understand sheik barely got touched? Kind of... funny.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Do you mean like Runoff > Needles, big momentum boost?
Yea. You can still runoff the edge and then charge needles, but needle charging -> sliding off edge has been totally removed -___-

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
For some people it's a buff. Like link can't kill himself with running up-b to the ledge anymore, and pikachu won't fall off with a running thunder.

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
Needle gliding from edges does seem to be gone... but on the bright side you can Wave Needle towards an edge now for a guaranteed edge stop without having to wait for the typical stopping/skidding animation.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
but on the bright side you can Wave Needle towards an edge now for a guaranteed edge stop without having to wait for the typical stopping/skidding animation.
The nerf is still a poor trade imo. I suppose I should be thankful though. Sheik still controls like butter, and the nerfs could have been much worse...

Still, I'm salty something so harmless was removed.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
sheik needs everything removed afk. i kinda feel like she's the exact same but that might just be me

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
sheik needs everything removed afk.
Have to disagree.

i kinda feel like she's the exact same but that might just be me
Not just you. It looks like Sheik has received only very minor changes, and in rather questionable areas as well.

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe I'm just bad, but I've been trying for the last 10 minutes to b-reverse needle storm on the ground (out of a run), and can't do it.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Maybe I'm just bad, but I've been trying for the last 10 minutes to b-reverse needle storm on the ground (out of a run), and can't do it.
Been doing that frequently all night and had no problems. Might just be a finger flub.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I'm very happy she wasn't nerfed, I don't want to change my main again

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
the worst part about the removal of needle gliding is that I ACTUALLY USE IT EVERY TIME I PLAY. why... the utilization of this tech was something i felt set me apart from other sheiks.. i spent so many hours practicing it.

Last edited:

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
Seriously?! Nothing for Little Mac?! Jesus! Make him tire out like in the original punch out or at least make him gain damage in order to get faster and stronger, he shouldn't start out this fast!

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
The nerf is still a poor trade imo. I suppose I should be thankful though. Sheik still controls like butter, and the nerfs could have been much worse...

Still, I'm salty something so harmless was removed.
Don't jinx it mang, don't jinx it. O _O

She still needs to start killing at 90% with her Fair, bro....
You want a killing fair brah, go play Melee. Sakurai would be all over Sheik if fair got buffed.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
She still needs to start killing at 90% with her Fair, bro....
Bruh, she really doesn't. xD The fact that she has safe AF moves for the most part and great frame data is enough. You just need to get better at gimping with her like with Bouncing Fish; it's a great off-stage kill option. Sheik is a combo monster in this game; I think that not being able to kill early without gimping/using Smash attacks is a fair trade..

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Have to disagree.

Not just you. It looks like Sheik has received only very minor changes, and in rather questionable areas as well.
Do you know if there was any change to her needle game? I like being annoying with needles and ima cry if they added any more ending lag on them. Can't test because I play on my friend's WiiU and he took it with him to Smash n' Splash.

Last edited:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Dash slide to up b still seems to work. I feel that it actually works better with the patch seeing as how now it hits characters standing on the edge of the stage.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Bruh, she really doesn't. xD The fact that she has safe AF moves for the most part and great frame data is enough. You just need to get better at gimping with her like with Bouncing Fish; it's a great off-stage kill option. Sheik is a combo monster in this game; I think that not being able to kill early without gimping/using Smash attacks is a fair trade..
What is it with smash players never understanding sarcasm?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Do you know if there was any change to her needle game? I like being annoying with needles and ima cry if they added any more ending lag on them. Can't test because I play on my friend's WiiU and he took it with him to Smash n' Splash.
No visible differences to her needles. Only thing that's changed (to my knowledge) is that she can't needle glide anymore.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
No visible differences to her needles. Only thing that's changed (to my knowledge) is that she can't needle glide anymore.
Is that really much of a difference though? I'm struggling with defining needle gliding here; is it charging needles as you run off a ledge? To put it in perspective I often run off the platforms in BF and reverse needle charge as a sort of fake out and for mixing up movement and such, would that not work anymore?

Does run short hop reverse needle (and then cancel as you land) still work?

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
Is that really much of a difference though? I'm struggling with defining needle gliding here; is it charging needles as you run off a ledge? To put it in perspective I often run off the platforms in BF and reverse needle charge as a sort of fake out and for mixing up movement and such, would that not work anymore?

Does run short hop reverse needle (and then cancel as you land) still work?
you cant run off while charging needles or throwing fully charged needles. you cant slide off the edge with needle anything. not off the stage or off of platforms. pretty sad. you cant even clip through the BF platforms with B reverse anymore. worst part is that it pretty much only affects us Sheikahs. we gotta take that L this time.

Last edited:

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
Maybe I'm being dumb but I'm pretty sure I can still run off reverse needle charge off ledges and platforms.

On a similar note, ZeRo says that needles have more endlag, but I'm not feeling this tbh.

[Edit] Ok , so I played a bunch with needles, and it's likely just a placebo, but maybe there's something to this? needles --> bf works just fine, but I feel that sitting back and spamming single needles might be a tad slower. Again, probably placebo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom