• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.0.8 Patch Changes

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm being dumb but I'm pretty sure I can still run off reverse needle charge off ledges and platforms.

On a similar note, ZeRo says that needles have more endlag, but I'm not feeling this tbh.

[Edit] Ok , so I played a bunch with needles, and it's likely just a placebo, but maybe there's something to this? needles --> bf works just fine, but I feel that sitting back and spamming single needles might be a tad slower. Again, probably placebo.
ZeRo says a lot of things.. I have respect for him as a player, but I trust people who grind out hours in the lab for a single character a lot more because they're basically specializing in what I want to know. I'd just take what he says with a grain of salt honestly. Keep experimenting when you get the chance.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
I was just pointing out what someone who's mad good at this game seemed to think, It's not as if I take his word as the ultimate truth lol. I remember when he would call himself a 'fox main' when diddy was the only character seen used by him in tournament at that point, but he does happen to probably be the best in the world at this game so I thought it might be worth a mention.

On the actual differences to sheik, i'm 100% certain I can do the reverse needle charge stuff off platforms and ledges. Needles endlag, i'm just not sure.

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
I may have just never noticed this before, but playing online today I was able to Dair someone and then almost immediately use my second jump and hit them with another aerial, all while never having landed. Has this always been doable?

Last edited:

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
I may have just never noticed this before, but playing online today I was able to Dair someone and then almost immediately use my second jump and hit them with another aerial, all while never having landed. Has this always been doable?

Last edited:

tronfox64

Smash Cadet

Edit: Omg no idea why this triple posted. I must make the walk of shame.

Last edited:

estabon9

Smash Rookie
Sooooo ZeRo and Esamjut claimed that sheik's fair got changed... apparently the angle is awful, according to esam, and fair bouncing fish missed him at 60%. This is from twitter. Not sure if this is true... I haven't noticed anything.. could someone tell me zero and esam are just super mistaken?

estabon9

Smash Rookie
Never mind about the forward throw. It was doing two damage only in training mode for some reason

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
God all these placebo effects are making me endlessly nervous and i cant test it cuz no wiiu cuz my bag got ****ing stuck at the airport and im without clothes or consoles.

Ping Warrior

Smash Cadet
NNID
Daspammerguy
3DS FC
2793-1351-4493
God all these placebo effects are making me endlessly nervous and i cant test it cuz no wiiu cuz my bag got ****ing stuck at the airport and im without clothes or consoles.
I'm really feeling the placebo power since I haven't played much Sheik in these past few days. Felt a lot slower when playing with a friend, but I know I'm rusty too.
If we have any sheets of damage numbers though, we can test those without the risk of opinion/bias

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
Well, i'm still getting f throw - fair - fair - fair as a 4 hit true combo in training mode, in the sheik ditto with no DI. Just the same as before. Fair - bouncing fish also worked vs pika at 60%.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
God, Sheik is still the same, stop saying nonesense

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I played a lot of sheik offline today and can confirm nothing changed. Everything is just placebo

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Have you guys tested DI? My f-throw -> fair chain seemed off playing against a roomate's Ryu. Ryu is new and I haven't had a chance to test, but it seems that DIing AWAY from sheik (the direction fair is hitting you) is moving them farther. Placebo or non?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Have you guys tested DI? My f-throw -> fair chain seemed off playing against a roomate's Ryu. Ryu is new and I haven't had a chance to test, but it seems that DIing AWAY from sheik (the direction fair is hitting you) is moving them farther. Placebo or non?
Ok, heard quite a few others talking about this. Looks like I'll need to test it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I believe he was DIing up and away, if that helps; should be the same distances as set away (but higher).

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I've always not been 100% accurate when it comes to hitting people with fair strings from an fthrow if they DI away. Often times they're too far away and can air dodge before I can land a fair, that's not something new.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
So we're all in agreement though that the placebo was strong with this patch and we have nothing to worry about. Excellent. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for the influx of nublet Falcons in the Mi smash scene to change to a flood of Ryus. I'll be off now to cry myself to sleep, tally-ho. -tips hat-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So we're all in agreement though that the placebo was strong with this patch and we have nothing to worry about. Excellent. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare for the influx of nublet Falcons in the Mi smash scene to change to a flood of Ryus. I'll be off now to cry myself to sleep, tally-ho. -tips hat-
Do you have a bunch of players picking up Ryu?

https://www.facebook.com/events/795820207174947/

FC Return is giving a $100 prize to whoever goes the farthest using only the 4 DLC characters, has $500 pot bonus for Smash 4 and pays top 8. Not too far away from you guys.

BlastHappyNinja

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a bunch of players picking up Ryu?

https://www.facebook.com/events/795820207174947/

FC Return is giving a $100 prize to whoever goes the farthest using only the 4 DLC characters, has $500 pot bonus for Smash 4 and pays top 8. Not too far away from you guys.
Funny you should say that, we had someone post about it today on our FB group page. It looks fun, I'm hoping to have quite a few smashers from our scene show up and participate.

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
Maybe I'm being dumb but I'm pretty sure I can still run off reverse needle charge off ledges and platforms.

On a similar note, ZeRo says that needles have more endlag, but I'm not feeling this tbh.

[Edit] Ok , so I played a bunch with needles, and it's likely just a placebo, but maybe there's something to this? needles --> bf works just fine, but I feel that sitting back and spamming single needles might be a tad slower. Again, probably placebo.
im having the same exact problem im not sure if the c stick just isnt sensitive enough

Krokoza

Smash Rookie
NNID
c1tobykrok
3DS FC
3265-5143-0185
You can b reverse and glide in reverse off a ledge still but I guess you have to go all the way off now. It's just made harder.

Have we always been able to cancel the needles with an air dodge and land on the stage without lag? I just noticed you could. It takes some good timing.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Have we always been able to cancel the needles with an air dodge and land on the stage without lag? I just noticed you could. It takes some good timing.
yes. The timing looks lenient to me tbh though.

Top Bottom