• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0% needles kill? wtf?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing a GB match and my Snake partner was shot by Shiek's needles or shurikens or whatever she shoots. It was on Smashville. After getting hit by these at 0%, he fell thru the level to his death. Right thru the main platform. He was almost dead center. What the heck?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What's this, a report of Sheik having something game breaking?

How unheard of >.<

Anyways this sounds really far fetch...Do you have a video of this happening or can you reenact this?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
One time I shined someone through the part of Deflino Plaza where you fight on top of the shine sprite thing with Falco.

That being said, I believe this tale.
This game is very glitchy.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I don't have a video. I wasn't recording and it went over the time limit. I swear it happened, tho. I don't even play Shiek so I have no point to lie. It was dumb as hell.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people fall through parts of Delfino Plaza before, but never smashville. No idea how this could have happened.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I haven't even tried to replicate it. My only guess is that the 'shaking up and down' of being hit by Shiek's attack dropped Snake below the level's collision box on top, thus making him drop thru.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
My thought is that maybe Snake attempted to use his Up B, and this extended his hurtbox, making it so that when he was hit, his feet were below the ground.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I vote that this is Sheik's inadvertent needle buff after the loss of needle canceling :D Haha.

Most likely its probably a hard to replicate glitch.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Can you find us a place mark to tell us exactly where, to the best of your knowledge, he was standing?

i.e. - To the left of the center, just to the right of that panda.

It might be like that Landmaster glitch on Corneria. If you can go through ships, why not the ground itself.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Dead center. I mean dead center. He was walking right, not running. We don't believe he was attempting any move/attack. Shiek was on the right maybe an inch away from the edge and shot the needles as soon as prepared. Myself, MK, and Shiek's team mate, D3, were not nearby.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
falling through solid ground happens all the time in smash. i've fallen through pokemon stadium 1 a few times, and through the summit about a billion times (seriously, you can like aim this one and get the fall-through about 80% of the time...)

acv

Smash Journeyman
sounds like a random glitch.anyways if it is found how to do it consistently people will start whining about sheik and saying how broken he/she is and it will be banned.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Um, even if people find out how to do it exactly, it would be way too hard to pull off in an actual match.
It would make the Yo Yo glitch from Melee seem as simple as shield grabbing.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
There's bound to be incredibly rare and incredibly random glitches in Brawl. A friend of mine dropped through Delphino Plaza during a match. Weird stuff like this was in Melee too. One time a Marth countered and instead of the regular slash, he did the 3rd strike of side b in slow mo.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
In Melee, you can fall through the tree in Pokemon Stadium and die, except, that was way more common/gay :p

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I've seen Sheik needles do 0%. They probably actually do damage, it just rounds down to 0%.

My guess is that this passed beta testing because it's almost the weakest attack in the game (weakest?)
Any other move causes enough knockback to get the character clearly above Smashville's floorbox.

Was it a diagonal needle, or a horizontal one? Diagonal ones stick out of the ground...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I've seen Sheik needles do 0%. They probably actually do damage, it just rounds down to 0%.

My guess is that this passed beta testing because it's almost the weakest attack in the game (weakest?)
Any other move causes enough knockback to get the character clearly above Smashville's floorbox.

Was it a diagonal needle, or a horizontal one? Diagonal ones stick out of the ground...
Hmmm, A thought occurs

Since for all move the knock and strength decays for over use perhaps a fully decay needles can be a instant kill if the person you hit them with is at a low enough percentage.

I'm going to test this now, brb.

Edit: I thought so, Brawl isn't that glitchy ><

Top Bottom