• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
i once tried dthrow from low% to pivot shield breaker... fail. better off Fsmashing or pivot dtilting... I usually only use my shield breaker for:
mixup
if i know where they're headed and know they have to shield to take the hit i deal (rare)
recovering
spur of the moment feeling

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
New in the market for the MK match up:

GUARANTEED TIPPER FSMASH OUT OF GRAB RELEASE. (19%) [80% death]
GUARANTEED TIPPER NAIR OUT OF GRAB RELEASE (18%) [110% death]
GUARANTEED SEX WITH HOT WOMEN IF YOU BEAT M2K (100%)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
New in the market for the MK match up:

GUARANTEED TIPPER FSMASH OUT OF GRAB RELEASE. (19%) [80% death]
GUARANTEED TIPPER NAIR OUT OF GRAB RELEASE (18%) [110% death]
GUARANTEED SEX WITH HOT WOMEN IF YOU BEAT M2K (100%)
the **** is this? @ the first one

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
well d3 would be a good start since mike said he thinks the match up is even so I wouldn't mind hearing about that. Neo also said he did good against the MK's he went up against at Apex also I would like to see if the grab release to dair effects the match up any if at all. Those would be good starting points IMO.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth:MK may be tipping back towards 40:60. Maybe.

With 18% damage out of a grab release, killing from the centre of fd at 120% (nair), we have a reliable kill move and damage racker.
Counting off that it only takes two dancing blade strings to clear your move set, that also combo out of grab releases...
With Marth's dsmash 'out ranging' [out disjointing] MK's dtilt, making it very reliable for a shield drop punishment and having Marth's largest tipper hitbox...

Whilst we've been told to not fish for the grab, as it is heavily punished, we're finding ways to execute them, and the better Marth is at grabbing an MK, the easier the match up gets. As we have reliable ways to take anywhere from a 1/5th to a 1/3rd of MK's stock for every grab.

But eh, we still get gimped hard.

Pivot boosting out of grab release may be a found way to string tilts, smashes or other moves from a grab release.
Boost Pivot Grabs don't allow for a cg.
Boost grabs may allow you to cg meta.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
if your pivot boost out of grab release... more possibilities
What's this pivot boost you're talking about?

Marth:MK may be tipping back towards 40:60. Maybe.

With 18% damage out of a grab release, killing from the centre of fd at 120% (nair), we have a reliable kill move and damage racker.
Counting off that it only takes two dancing blade strings to clear your move set, that also combo out of grab releases...
With Marth's dsmash 'out ranging' [out disjointing] MK's dtilt, making it very reliable for a shield drop punishment and having Marth's largest tipper hitbox...

Whilst we've been told to not fish for the grab, as it is heavily punished, we're finding ways to execute them, and the better Marth is at grabbing an MK, the easier the match up gets. As we have reliable ways to take anywhere from a 1/5th to a 1/3rd of MK's stock for every grab.

But eh, we still get gimped hard.
That sounds good and if MK dash as you pivot grab will **** him. Any way to prevent the gimps? Counter maybe? Even though it's risky it's better than getting gimped and recovering low is always good.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
If only Dolphin Slash did great knockback from both Tip and Up-Close. Grab Release to Tippered Dolphin Slash..! Perhaps.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Since when did dsmash outdisjoint mk's dtilt?

I need to get posting here again <<

So this means if a MK dtilts your shield, dsmash out of it is a reliable option?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
it only works if you dsmash at the exact same time he dtilts

in other words its risky as hell if you plan on using it

Mintzsquee

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if my friend is DI'ing badly, but fthrow > fair > fthrow > nair > dashing usmash seems to be working well on his MK.

The hit of the fair is the kinda weird mmph i got slapped in the face fair.

Edit: Nevermind I just ate a shuttle loop to the face.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
if your pivot boost out of grab release... more possibilities
you can forward smash them out of it, if they don't jump.

according to fiction though, don't take MY word for it

well d3 would be a good start since mike said he thinks the match up is even so I wouldn't mind hearing about that. Neo also said he did good against the MK's he went up against at Apex also I would like to see if the grab release to dair effects the match up any if at all. Those would be good starting points IMO.
Well, i really wish i could help, but i just do the generic **** against everyone. I just space everything pretty much...which is what i've always tried to do. Just keep my spacing. I don't know WHY i got better at this matchup, but for some reason it's just a lot easier.

well i guess i do know kinda, time to start writing that guide i was talking about. I gave up on it after losing what i had written already, but **** it i think i understand how i play now.

btw i sensed spite in this comment with that cute little comma

dont think this went unnoticed ***** u not slick lmao ;D
nahhh, the comma was there to add a dramatic pause as one reads it, to REASSURE that what is next is legit.

PUTTIN ME ON BLAST? :[

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm struggling to get Marth moving fast from the grab release, but if you get Marth moving at max speed it seems plausible... tis all I can really say about it...

Gt to remember you only have 10 frames or so before you have to start an fsmash...

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm struggling to get Marth moving fast from the grab release, but if you get Marth moving at max speed it seems plausible... tis all I can really say about it...

Gt to remember you only have 10 frames or so before you have to start an fsmash...
Yeah, when do you have to input the dash for this to work?
I'm having trouble getting the timing down, whenever I get it it's just luck and I can't effectively reproduce it.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
I know this might be a noob question (well I am a marth noob in training) but is meta knights reach longer then marths? It seems like it when I play a meta knight. Link also

Top Bottom