• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You guys are gonna put me out of commision. x_X

Good games. xD

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well where do you live? You should come to my next one. =^_^=

And if yr around tomorrow we should def play! :"}

BTW Sol and I split 1st/2nd so I kinda was just fooling around the whole time in our matches.

Playing from 11am one morning to 12am the next is pretty extreme. I was just too tired. @_@

Atleast I made over $200. :"3
At least you placed well in your tournament. T_T

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Good morning ^^. Now i want to join a tourney =/ Theres alot in the GTA but i cant drive and im 15 x_x I wish i was better though...

krehz

Smash Ace
k i'll start a game and wait, ill check like every 1-2 min to see if u are tryinjg to join...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh yeah! E3 is today! Even though I'm not too excited about this year, I'll still watch.

And hai everyone. o:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hello. I dont know why but i think this year is going to be different in a good way =). Btw, today is microsoft, i think nintendo is tomorrow and sony follows.
Oh well. ^^

I'm still gonna watch.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Cool games Bunny, fun as always, Lol on the space animal drama. What a suave talking panther...@_@

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Cool games Bunny, fun as always, Lol on the space animal drama. What a suave talking panther...@_@
Yeah. xD

I never got to hear the Special Taunts on Lylat Cruise so I thought I'd give it a try. That whole convo was so distracting, but it was funny.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Ahh, right. Guess I'll explain how the tournament went. I got 17th (with a bunch of others) out of...26?

My first tournament match was against this Toon Link user I faced at the weekly I attended before. Or rather, I teamed up with. I didn't like him much because he kept killing me and hitting me in team battles, but at this tournament I wanted to see who the better Toon Link was, as much as I hated ditto matches. I won the first match, but it was VERY annoying because he would run away and turtle, and then up smash spam as soon as you came close. Wanting to avoid another ditto, I chose Pokemon Trainer to hopefully finish things off. Unfortunately, I think I banked on Charizard too much as he was juggled by up smash spammage, so that ended in defeat. For my final round, I picked Toon Link again, but this time I lost. My opponent decided to increase his up smash spammage. So that left me pretty pissed off. My friend at the time said I should've stuck with Toon Link for the second round or used Lucario for the third, because it was clear I had the better Toon Link. I wish I did. =_=;

So I entered the losers bracket and faced a Lucario user. I was still pretty pissed off about my loss, so I went all out. I felt pretty bad afterwards, but the guy was friendly.

My next and final round was against Chaotic, who is someone recognized by the power ranking committee. He's also the greatest Pokemon Trainer user I've ever faced. Ivysaur (his favourite) 2 stocked me in a friendly ditto before, so I wanted to avoid using Pokemon Trainer at all costs, which is why I gave into using Lucario, hoping he would get me a win. Chaotic chose Diddy Kong, and it was a pretty close match. At high percentage on our last stock, Diddy and Lucario went to finish each other off. I used my up air and he surprised me with Diddy's rocket barrels. We were both star KO'd, but...I died first. T_T We had a good laugh about it though.

The next round I used Toon Link. When I picked Smashville, he chose Metaknight. This time, I had full control of the match (thanks to the practice with Princess's Metaknight ^^) and always had a bit of a healthy lead. Unfortunately, the worst thing happened. Metaknight's Shuttle Loop hit me and as much as I mashed up on the control stick, Toon Link didn't jump and up B until it was too late, barely missing Metaknight and falling to his doom. Chaotic groaned and said I deserved to win that one, and even offered me as a rematch. But I declined and thanked him. I didn't have any more characters to use, and I would've preferred to use PT against him in a friendly battle to learn more. He pat me on the back and said that it's a shame that guys like me come to a tournament with rarely used characters and lose to scrubs who pick Snake and Metaknight. He then encouraged me to keep using my characters and said I would definitely place well in future tournaments.

Andddd that's that. My second loss didn't bother me at all compared to my first, because Chaotic was pretty cool. I'm sure my first round opponent isn't a bad person either, but I just recall watching his battles and thinking "His Toon Link game isn't really that strong. There's plenty of holes and he never uses his bombs or anything..." and then I lose to him. =_= Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
No you didn't, you're playing against scrub Metaknights, then. Play GOOD ones.
When your Wifi is available again, let me know please. ^^

And Yuki, I already talked to you about that tourney. I'll still help you if you need it.

Beat

Smash Ace
When your Wifi is available again, let me know please. ^^

And Yuki, I already talked to you about that tourney. I'll still help you if you need it.
I can't steal my friend's Wii today, I'll have to get it tomorrow... So, more than likely, tomorrow night.

Assuming all goes well, I mean.

Beat

Smash Ace
To be fair, Yuki, TL's bombs should be reserved to bigger characters. His sword is his best attribute, imo, and it's better to use spacing and his air control than to throw bombs too much... Especially since bombs can just be very easily plucked from the sky in Brawl... Whereas it took skill to do that in Melee...

...le sigh. Oh, Brawl.

Edit: Zoomerang > Bombs if placed well.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can't steal my friend's Wii today, I'll have to get it tomorrow... So, more than likely, tomorrow night.

Assuming all goes well, I mean.
Sounds like a plan. =D

I have some new stuff to show you.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I do too, Bunbun. I sold out and secondary Snake officially and I'm really annoying with him.
Yeah, I have a few new characters as well. o:

And two of them do fairly well against Snake.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That's a lie and you know it. =3

Ness and Pikchu do fairly well against Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom