• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
lol, it wasn't that bad. To tell the truth, I don't really like playing my lucario, or MK as much as fox. Lucario feels alittle to campish, and MK feels alittle to spamish, but Fox is just right for me. You did good against MK. Not alot of ppl get me that close to defeat.
Yeah your Fox was tough. I could tell he was your best.

Beat

Smash Ace
I was going to ask you something, apparently this Firebert guy is pretty good with PT, you have any helpful hints for beating them? He is especially good with Charizard.
Charizard - Remember that he's Charizard. Pick anyone that isn't Falcon and win.

Ivysaur - Remember that he's Ivysaur. Pick anyone that isn't Falcon, avoid Bullet Seed, and win.

Squirtle - Pray you do well enough against Ivysaur and Charizard to compensate for the fact that Squirtle is arguably the best character in Brawl.

Oh, and be Ike. Ike has a dicksword.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Charizard - Remember that he's Charizard. Pick anyone that isn't Falcon and win.

Ivysaur - Remember that he's Ivysaur. Pick anyone that isn't Falcon, avoid Bullet Seed, and win.

Squirtle - Pray you do well enough against Ivysaur and Charizard to compensate for the fact that Squirtle is arguably the best character in Brawl.

Oh, and be Ike. Ike has a dicksword.
Hey...Ivysaur and Charizard aren't that bad. =(

But yeah, Charizard falls prey to quick characters and Ike. Charizard is (obviously) the tank of Pokemon Trainer, so if you keep pressure on him, he shouldn't be too difficult.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Charizard? Let's see...

Charizard is fast. He has deceptive running speed so keep that in mind. He has a pseudo projectile, the flame thrower, but it's actually a good damage builder if you rush in and he gets you. Rock smash is powerful and it's a "spraying" attack, so try not to be hit by the bulk of it. Fly is also a good killing move, just like you try to kill me with belay (or whatever IC's up B is called). Forward smash is devastating, and so is down smash, but I THINK the down smash hits only grounded targets (not 100% sure though). He can glide and has a gliding attack, but it's not as dangerous as Pit's or MK's IIRC.

I suggest using eggs whenever you can, but just be aware he can close the distance immediately. He has powerful moves and can rack up damage quickly if you run into his attacks. Short hop bair can probably be a good approach.

This is all from facing Yuki, so he should be able to help as well with the other side of the match up.
Charizard is a bit of speciality of mine, so let me elaborate. Charizard is tied for 7th fastest with Pikachu, his fire breath can trap you well, Rock Smash like DL said is a spray, but if hit point blank it's a huge knockback attack, it can veen block projectiles, and Fly can kill, but only if the last hit connects, it's only really used as a recovery though. Down Smash is actually pretty bad, but Forward does great damage and knockback, and up can be used as an approach. His glide is slow and easy to pick up on, watch out for his fair as it has a great deal of horizontal knockback and next to no vertical, bair and ftilt are his best killers when sweetspotted, and his dair has a bit of an unseen hitbox on it. He has great grab range, and his down throw in particular are killer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Charizard? Let's see...

Charizard is fast. He has deceptive running speed so keep that in mind. He has a pseudo projectile, the flame thrower, but it's actually a good damage builder if you rush in and he gets you. Rock smash is powerful and it's a "spraying" attack, so try not to be hit by the bulk of it. Fly is also a good killing move, just like you try to kill me with belay (or whatever IC's up B is called). Forward smash is devastating, and so is down smash, but I THINK the down smash hits only grounded targets (not 100% sure though). He can glide and has a gliding attack, but it's not as dangerous as Pit's or MK's IIRC.

I suggest using eggs whenever you can, but just be aware he can close the distance immediately. He has powerful moves and can rack up damage quickly if you run into his attacks. Short hop bair can probably be a good approach.

This is all from facing Yuki, so he should be able to help as well with the other side of the match up.
Thanks, and I'm off to bed. Night.

Cinder

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I had to switch from PC to Wii and do some Admin work on another site
Ah, your site? Or did someone put you on as an admin? Yeah, I have a site (of course, you knew that :rolleyes: )...it could use some more members, though >.>

@...everyone who asked how I was doing: pretty good...I guess that's all I can say...things have been pretty uneventful >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom