• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Hot in NY? That doesn't sound very normal. NY was cold and awesome last time I lived there :(

I need to brawl. I'm currently testing out the EVO ruleset so I can get used to it since I'm going to worlds this year, so anybody that doesn't mind playing with it please LMK now.

if your wondering what the ruleset is, this is it.

# First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
# Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
# Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A
1) First stage is Smashville
2) Winner keeps character
3) Loser can either pick stage or character
4) If loser picks stage then character is kept
5) If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B
2) Loser picks stage
3) Winner picks character
4) Loser picks character

# 3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
# Items on medium spawn
# Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game
# Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.
# Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m, Summit, Rumble Falls

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Sounds good Yuuki, I need some practice with PK trainer as well, i can be really good or quite bad with him...sigh

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
No need to be discouraged, PT's a very hard character to learn. I almost dropped him early on because Charizard was too difficult to play, but I stuck to it. And even now, sometimes Squirtle feels too fast for me to even control and I'm not quite comfortable with Charizard's edgeguarding just yet. But not to worry, I will turn you into a great trainer. =D

Oh yeah....I wanted to ask. I'm not sure if I've ever used anyone else against you besides Toon Link, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario, but would you say Lucario is my best 'third'?

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Hot in NY? That doesn't sound very normal. NY was cold and awesome last time I lived there :(

I need to brawl. I'm currently testing out the EVO ruleset so I can get used to it since I'm going to worlds this year, so anybody that doesn't mind playing with it please LMK now.

if your wondering what the ruleset is, this is it.

# First game of a match to be played on Smashville. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
# Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
# Losing player can pick what method to be used after match:

Method A
2) Winner keeps character
3) Loser can either pick stage or character
4) If loser picks stage then character is kept
5) If loser picks character then stage is kept

Method B
2) Loser picks stage
3) Winner picks character
4) Loser picks character

# 3 Stock, 5 Min timer, 2/3 Games
# Items on medium spawn
# Sudden Death will not decide the outcome of the game
# Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Franklin Badge.
# Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, 75m, Summit, Rumble Falls
items in a touney is not a good idea but w/e thats my opinion.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Well Yuuki, personally I think your Lucario is good, but I had much more trouble against your pikachu, perhaps it could move into third, though Lucario has its advantages....so many choices, like myself I have trouble focusing on just a couple of mains....sigh.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well Yuuki, personally I think your Lucario is good, but I had much more trouble against your pikachu, perhaps it could move into third, though Lucario has its advantages....so many choices, like myself I have trouble focusing on just a couple of mains....sigh.
Really? Pikachu? Wow. QAC really brings me down though. >.<

And I already know I want to main Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer. It's just the uncertainty of needing a third character or having faith in the two of them. I've never really felt like I was good at using Pikachu. Lucario's play style was easy to get into, but I don't like him as a character. On the other hand, Pikachu's my favourite Pokemon but he doesn't mesh with my play style at all. It sucks. =(

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Really? Pikachu? Wow. QAC really brings me down though. >.<

And I already know I want to main Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer. It's just the uncertainty of needing a third character or having faith in the two of them. I've never really felt like I was good at using Pikachu. Lucario's play style was easy to get into, but I don't like him as a character. On the other hand, Pikachu's my favourite Pokemon but he doesn't mesh with my play style at all. It sucks. =(
I'd say try out using Pikachu. I remember I first tried to use Yoshi and almost gave him up because he was too different from Melee. I stuck with it now, and I realized that he's easily the best of my characters and I adapt so well with his playstyle.

I've rarely played your Pikachu, but I'm sure you could learn him well if you keep going at it. ^_^

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Believe me, I've been trying for months...since the Japanese release of Brawl. I've come to love using tilts, and Pikachu's play style doesn't seem to support that very much. It seems like a lost cause now that I've finally realized I like jack of all trades type characters. =/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
**** yeah. my connection is back up again. somebody play me.

4897-5744-9660.
I would play you, but it's my little sister's birthday, and I woke up later than I expected. x_X

When we get back I can try to play some matches, but I don't know when that is.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Cool games Guy, if you are around, killer ROB, though no match for my ZSS, until next time....
Until later guys/gals....
Yuuki, you owe me a match PK trainer vs. PK trainer...:)

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
@ Yuki: Charizard is actually my best out of the three. Rock Smash is awesome 'cause it's like an offensive wall.

Sorry ProBrawler we couldn't play last night. T_T

A few friends slept over and I really didn't have any time to get online.

Anyone wanna play? :"p

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Mooney I might be able to play you in about three or four matches....maybe. ._.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
good matches bunny. You got better. If I mained pika i would give advice, but I don't lol. I could help you with MK though. and I want a rematch vs your ness. MK shouldn't lose to ness lmao

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
good matches bunny. You got better. If I mained pika i would give advice, but I don't lol. I could help you with MK though. and I want a rematch vs your ness. MK shouldn't lose to ness lmao
Good games. Metaknight is sooo annoying to fight. xD
I need to find out some kind of thing that beats him everytime, or at least makes it easier. My Ice Climbers could barely grab him. Thanks for the fun matches.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Good games. Metaknight is sooo annoying to fight. xD
I need to find out some kind of thing that beats him everytime, or at least makes it easier. My Ice Climbers could barely grab him. Thanks for the fun matches.
Well when your playing IC's yeah. Its one of IC's worst match ups, if not the worst. Tornado separates IC's really quickly, so try not to get hit by it. If you do just try to DI up and dair, and do what you can do save nana. Also, don't be so grab heavy. Try being different because when I played you, pretty much every/every other move you made was an attempted shield grab. So all I had to do was be aerial and camp the platform to win. Uair to bair works well at 0 percent, and when I'm off the ledge don't always ledge hog because just about all of the time it does nothing but lets me recover.

no problem :) We can play when you get back, and when I wake up tomorrow :)

krehz

Smash Ace
ok i posted here once but haven't had a lot of time here, but now i have a little bit more. I should be on tonight, somone plz add me and if u do plz send me a PM telling me u added me, i will try to be on from aroun 8pm EST till.........a long time lol..............my name is Krehz and my FC is 0473-7473-1225 hope to play against someone! :p

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, don't you love how I post over half an hour after the last person posted? :mad: Just checking out on you all... And guess what?! There's a twist this time, I'm not checking in at midnight, but instead, in the late afternoon! Sweet... :bee:

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
Holey Crap Abaca! by checking in now, you have started Armageddon!! It's the end of the world as we know it, It's the end of the world as we know it, and i feel fine. :)

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
Is anyone up for a match, I really could use a few matches after my horrible incident at the dentist which just leads up to another one even more horrible next week :(

tvnsimp035

Smash Cadet
what happened at the dentist?
Well for like two months my jaw has been locking up to where I can only open it half way (yeah I can't even eat a friggin Big Mac properly). Any way I scheduled an appointment with my dentist (whom I really don't like). When I got there they had to take my X-ray and when they examined it they said that my teeth are disrupting my jaw and causing to swell and lock up, not to mention that when I got my braces like five years ago they forgot to give me surgery to remove my eye tooth so its stuck now five years later. Now I have to get both my wisdom teeth (which are the big ones) pulled and not to mention that there's a chance I have to get a root canal :urg: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom