• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Yeah, I had a decent M2 myself...not playing for so long made it a little rusty, though...my real main, though, is Falco...more because he was always a really cool character to me...but being Top Tier helps :p...hell, I even run the Falco Finder here still...oh crap, I better go check on that @_@
Haha, Falco was actually my Tertiarary, though he was more there as a counter and because he was top tier, my secondary was Roy, harder to use but still rewarding when done right

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I think someone here made a case that Brawl might be the way it is because of online play. If online play is how it is now, with significant input lag in many cases, it probably would be much worse at Melee speed. Or something of the sort. I didn't even read the whole topic, so I might be completely off here.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I think someone here made a case that Brawl might be the way it is because of online play. If online play is how it is now, with significant input lag in many cases, it probably would be much worse at Melee speed. Or something of the sort. I didn't even read the whole topic, so I might be completely off here.
Ya, that was SamuraiPanda who made that, he was the one who opened my eyes as to why Brawl is how it is (that and Sakurai seemed to not want it to be competitive, but thats a story for another time)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah. Brawl was streamlined and optimized with the "Wii Mentality." Y'know, everybody has to be a winner.

:p I still love you anyway, Heartz. And besides, you are competitive whether you like it or not. Everybody in this thread is, to some degree.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah, you are right. I like to win. It feels good. But I don't aim to be the best. Only basement-dwelling geeks can do that

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, you are right. I like to win. It feels good. But I don't aim to be the best. Only basement-dwelling geeks can do that
'S not like I strive to be the best there is at what I do (bub! Five bucks goes to whomever gets the reference for the underlined portion!). But I plan on getting better and having fun while I'm doing it. If my work pays off and lands me in a top spot, great; if it doesn't, that's great too. I'll keep playing and playing and playing, simply because I love to do just that: Play.

Some of those basement-dwelling geeks (coughM2Kcough) need to learn how to be a tad nicer to people, though.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I would show a pic but you would get ideas very easily from it. lol
>.>; I've already seen a pic of you.

While I like what I see, I'm a respectable dude.

Kind of.

*HESITATES FOR A MOMENT BUT OPTS TO THROW A ROSE AT HEARTZ ANYWAY.*

Edit:

M2K's not a nice guy? Well...then again, from the posts I see here, most pros don't seem too nice except for Azen and Chu Dat.
M2K has a tendency to be NOT nice to some people, for some reason. He gave the bulk of the people there the cold shoulder initially (it was enough incentive for me to teabag him while he was asleep). However, I realized that he wasn't TOO bad soon after when I played him in a friendly and had a brief Jigglypuff satire on the GA tourney results thread. He still needs to lighten up a little bit, though.

Smooth Criminal

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
'S not like I strive to be the best there is at what I do (bub! Five bucks goes to whomever gets the reference for the underlined portion!). But I plan on getting better and having fun while I'm doing it. If my work pays off and lands me in a top spot, great; if it doesn't, that's great too. I'll keep playing and playing and playing, simply because I love to do just that: Play.

Some of those basement-dwelling geeks (coughM2Kcough) need to learn how to be a tad nicer to people, though.

Smooth Criminal
Actually, people aren't nice to them so it is all retribution.

*pops in Revenge of the Nerds*

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I doubt Heartz would burn you.
What do I seem like?
You're laid back and rather easygoing.

Last time I wondered how people would describe me, no one could think of anything. XD

M2K's not a nice guy? Well...then again, from the posts I see here, most pros don't seem too nice except for Azen and Chu Dat.
I get the same impression. Heck not just the pros, a lot of people here seem to be very hostile. One topic in the Jigglypuff forum I think got my attention and reminded me of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom