• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
lol , the only reason I ask because I play around with her alot by hitting on her. I just don't want to give her trouble that all :)
Snop if someone actually cared about hitting like that, they got problems XD, you gotta try a lil harder. Btw speaking of hitting on, where is BunBun

Forgot to add Cinder, I think it's obvious that once the hype of brawl (thats still there) really dies down, Melee's scene will probably become closer to what it was, maybe even more if some of the new smashers decide to try it and get good at it, it's just Brawl is new and easier, so alot of people naturally migrate to it

Agent Snop

Smash Ace
Snop if someone actually cared about hitting like that, they got problems XD, you gotta try a lil harder. Btw speaking of hitting on, where is BunBun

Forgot to add Cinder, I think it's obvious that once the hype of brawl (thats still there) really dies down, Melee's scene will probably become closer to what it was, maybe even more if some of the new smashers decide to try it and get good at it, it's just Brawl is new and easier, so alot of people naturally migrate to it
bunbun :love: *calming out* where is she ?

Cinder

Smash Master
So true, now it's been said plenty of times Brawl will have it's own scene and that they are two different games, but Melee will always be the superiro competitive game, everything was perfect in it (only way it could have been better is if the character were more balanced like Brawl), and no discovery in Brawl will ever make it superior
Exactly!! I'm not gonna lie: Brawl is more entertaining in a way, but Melee is and always will be the better of the two...at least for competitive gamers like us...I mean, I have so much fun playing competitively...the thrill of getting a true combo down is orgasmic...and with the cut in hitstun, combos are so much harder, if not impossible, in Brawl...I'm not sayin' Brawl's bad...it has so many awesome features and characters that Melee didn't, but for the competitive value, Melee>>>>>>>Brawl...

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
*no comment for very akward question (only quoting it cuz I'm just posting at all possible moments to reach 2000 posts)
I'll help you reach 2000 posts Adam. (I've got nothing better to do lol)
Random question time:
What songs describe your personality?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Exactly!! I'm not gonna lie: Brawl is more entertaining in a way, but Melee is and always will be the better of the two...at least for competitive gamers like us...I mean, I have so much fun playing competitively...the thrill of getting a true combo down is orgasmic...and with the cut in hitstun, combos are so much harder, if not impossible, in Brawl...I'm not sayin' Brawl's bad...it has so many awesome features and characters that Melee didn't, but for the competitive value, Melee>>>>>>>Brawl...
Thank god I have you and Smooth in this thread. it's like you said Brawl has alot of greater features, but for the pure gameplay Melee is better, I mean combos really are impossible, and only characters like Lucario or Sonic really have any, and their like 2-4 hits top, sure it's great to land a string, but a combo in melee was one of the greatest feelings their is. The true reedeming factor of Brawl though, Solid Snake XD

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
DK was a beast in Melee.
yea everyone was beastly in melee which is what makes it so much fun, and everyone in brawl is pretty much well... brawl is just brawl, dk's still really awesome thouhg =]

anyhow i should probably head off to sleep, gnite everyone

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I may never understand that since I am not competitive. But Brawl was optimized mainly because the intense, speedy gameplay of Melee was too much for most players

Cinder

Smash Master
Thank god I have you and Smooth in this thread. it's like you said Brawl has alot of greater features, but for the pure gameplay Melee is better, I mean combos really are impossible, and only characters like Lucario or Sonic really have any, and their like 2-4 hits top, sure it's great to land a string, but a combo in melee was one of the greatest feelings their is. The true reedeming factor of Brawl though, Solid Snake XD
And I'm glad to have you and Smooth ^_^...and yeah, the only two characters I myself can combo with are Lucario and MK (and MK's debatable)...and yeah, Melee combos are soooo awesome ^_^...I remember practicing on endless against the CPU...when I got a combo that I had seen in a video or something, the feeling was so awesome that I had to pause the game and calm myself down from the excitement...oh, good times, good times ^_^...and yeah, having Snake was pretty cool...

And out of curiousity, who do you main in Melee?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I may never understand that since I am not competitive. But Brawl was optimized mainly because the intense, speedy gameplay of Melee was too much for most players
Not exactly, Brawl was most likely slowed down and such due to what makes it so **** popular, the online. Imagine with the wii's capabilities, trying to play a Melee match at the speed you would see in competitive play. Problem, the game would freeze almost instantly

@Cinder, Believe it or not, the "worst" character in the game, Mewtwo

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
And I'm glad to have you and Smooth ^_^...and yeah, the only two characters I myself can combo with are Lucario and MK (and MK's debatable)...and yeah, Melee combos are soooo awesome ^_^...I remember practicing on endless against the CPU...when I got a combo that I had seen in a video or something, the feeling was so awesome that I had to pause the game and calm myself down from the excitement...oh, good times, good times ^_^...and yeah, having Snake was pretty cool...

And out of curiousity, who do you main in Melee?
Roy and Shiek were MY mains.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah. Brawl was streamlined and optimized with the "Wii Mentality." Y'know, everybody has to be a winner.

:p I still love you anyway, Heartz. And besides, you are competitive whether you like it or not. Everybody in this thread is, to some degree.

Smooth Criminal

Cinder

Smash Master
@Cinder, Believe it or not, the "worst" character in the game, Mewtwo
Yeah, I had a decent M2 myself...not playing for so long made it a little rusty, though...my real main, though, is Falco...more because he was always a really cool character to me...but being Top Tier helps :p...hell, I even run the Falco Finder here still...oh crap, I better go check on that @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom