• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Angel, good games, those first matches were the worst I had ever played. lol But anyway that was the first time I had really played as MetaKnight...and it showed.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'd love to get some more Yoshi matches in today. Sorry, though, I don't have a capture card. I can try to bother my brother to set up the camera though. I did the same for a couple of matches in the past...
Ok, what about you, Dale?
EDIT: Oops, never mind. You posted before I did. lol. I'm on my way guys. :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sans, I wanna try MetaKnight against you. If he sucks just laugh, I just started with him.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I've got about 20 minutes to brawl...:)

I'll be back later (after i have to leave) to brawl more, as well.

Gotta work on my Ike more, and I'm trying to test out other mains. Probably won't too much in 20 minutes, though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ok, I need ALOT of practice still but MetaKnight is now another Main. Good games, Glutin

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I just was goofing off to let you try out Meta Knight but I saw things you needed to work on (I don't even play Meta Knight but I have a pretty good idea how he is supposed to be played.)

• Side-B Less. Ice Climbers habit i'm assuming (you still use it too much with ICs lol). It's not even a good move of Meta-Knights, and you SD'ed like three times with it.
• Don't use Down-B. You tried to use it a couple times, it's not even good.
• Short hop aerials. That's what Meta Knight is for, but you were using your B moves more than your aerials. Your U-air, D-air, and F-air I believe are your best aerials.
• Glide regularly before you Up-B when you're trying to recover.

Just some advice, hope it helps :p

Chaco

Never Logs In
lol. Yes it is an AWFUL IC habit, I ou it alot. But it deals a hefty amount of damage.

Yeah, that helps alot. Thanks, I will practice more later on. Thanks once again.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Great matches DarkL and Dale.
DarkL you're really good with Yoshi. I kept messing up trying to hit him. :)
Dale that's the best Olimar I've seen in a while :)

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Nirvana, Dale very good matches. It took me a while before I realized the whole "loser dies and lets the other people 1 on 1" lol

Kodachrome, I'm up for a couple matches now. I'll add you and create the room, with standard rules.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I can help with Metaknight. PM me for some advice if you want it, Chaco. Or you can ask me here.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
you also bring an excellent pika, nirvana

Thank you. I've been trying to work on him. I didn't use my Main (Zelda) that much because you were using Olimar. lol. He's a pain in the butt for Zelda...crap.:(
I just realized I could of used Sheik. :ohwell:

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
If Olimar is good against Zelda, Zelda is a pain for Yoshi, and Yoshi supposedly has an advantage over Olimar...

It's like rock-paper scissors XD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It was good advice, you just forgot to tell him:

1. Use the Shuttle Loop when you're being edgeguarded. Not only does it kill people hanging on the ledge, it make people think twice about edgeguarding again.

2. Don't use Down B so much. I heard there's a use for it one the ledge, but yeah, it's not worth it.

3. Use DSmash. This should be your bread and butter KO move. It hits both sides, and comes out extremely fast.

4. Chase your opponent while they're recovering from the stage.

5. Learn to shorthop with Metaknight, and abuse his awesome aerials.

I think that's it. o_o;

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm up for some more MK practice, anyone wanna spar?

And thanks for the tips, Bunny. I will spar you later to learn more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sure, but join my room, I couldn't join yours.

EDIT: You there Devil?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks for the sparring, Devil. I still need alot of practice though. Your Lucario has improved alot since last night even.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
good matches chaco, you got a solid MK, and i think you could stick with him easy, just try not to use his jab so much, online it can be good due to input delays, but especially when i was using Lucario i could of double teamed it alot, also your dair is great for gimping especially someone like Ike, if you get em off use your nair fair and dair to send em horizontally and vertically (good vertical) to a point where they can't recover, well unless your my Lucario who can wall cling (I was amazed i hit the mark to). Otherwise he's solid, gg and lets play again soon. O and never have it set to time again, i hate time so much

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't mean for time, I just wasn't paying attention. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom