• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe ☆ Super Mario 64 ☆

Mewter

Smash Master
Are you gonna finish that?

"-per Mario Room!"

Awesome! Mario finally has its own forum! Wait, was this already here?

I remember Super Mario 64. I love the desert stage hidden in the basement wall. :laugh:

Tacel

Smash Lord
The music is spectacular.
One of my favorite video game songs ever is definitely the water theme in Super Mario 64.

EDIT: I will add onto the OP tomorrow. This game deserves more two sentences.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The water theme's good, but my personal favorite would have to be Koopa Road. Still ranks among my favorite video game tracks, though partially out of nostalgia.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Dire Dire Docks theme? If so, I agree. I listen to it still.

Was anyone else scared of the eel when they first got this? I was very young and avoided all water levels for as long as I could.

Tacel

Smash Lord
That eel is one of the things that still terrifies me when swimming in video games.

In Comm. Arts today, some people were asking what a Moray Eel was, so I said that the Moray Eel is like the eel in Jolly Roger Bay, and my friend was like, "Ohhh! Okay!" That was my reference of the day.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I loved it. Everytime I saw it on the corn pops cereal, I wanted it soooo bad. Luckily, I ended up 'borrowing it' from a friend. HAHAHA (He borrowed my Conker's bad fur day and said it broke, and had another copy FDKSFJSDFKDF D: < )

Tacel

Smash Lord
OP updated for reference.

Does anybody else still nearly crap themselves when running past the Chainchomp in Bob-Omb Battlefield?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
O_O

I thought he said "So long, King Bowser!". I need to pay more attention haha.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I believe Mario does say King Bowser, it's just hard to hear. O_o ♥

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I thought it was "So longie, Bowser!"

I actually 100% completed this game not too long ago. Some levels still get me. Like, 100 coins on the rainbow cruiser level is incredibly nerve wracking. Same with Tick Tock Clock. Climbing soooooo high. Actually, last I did it, I almost died, but magically grabbed some ledge really far down and was able to recover.

I love this game. Next year my school band might be having a video game music ensemble, and I'm trying to write a medley of the music in this game for it.

Smash Lord
D

Deleted member

I absolutely loved the game as a child. It brought me into the video game world.

Now I can enjoy it on the Virtual Console, but I still wished I had an N64, but I'll get another one.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It's "so long, King Bowser". SHEESH.

And yes, this is still one of my absolute favorite games. I should replay it sometime soon.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's "so long, King Bowser". SHEESH.

And yes, this is still one of my absolute favorite games. I should replay it sometime soon.
Are you going to 100% it?

I always want to see one of our members do a speed-run of it!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
19 minutes for a 100%? Seriously? Dang. Anybody got some links, I'd love to watch that.

And, I might 100% it on a replay. I don't have a lot of time to dabble with my N64, sadly, so I'll probably just do a main clear. I'll probably shoot for 85-100 stars though, then scrape out the 120 slowly from there.

UberMario

Smash Master
Oh wait, you meant a speedrun of all 120 stars? The record is just under two hours non-tas.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Ah, what was the 19 minute run, then? No glitches/star skipping? Because I saw one with glitching that was about 6-7 minutes.

EDIT: Either way, links would be sexy.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I think I'm going to enjoy watching the 120 Star Run. I want to see the tricks to get the different stars while eating dinner. XD ♥

UberMario

Smash Master
lol that sound bite is so messed up, it's supposed to be his "So long-eh Bowser!" (like Phantom said because of his accent) but for whatever the reason the g is pronounced in the second syllable. It's one of those quirks that you just can't unhear. XP

Top Bottom